再来个故事给你听Sal
Hey, here’s another one for you Sal.
有一次 我爬上一列货车从新墨西哥到洛杉矶
One time I jumped a freight from New Mexico clear to L.A.
那时我只有十一岁
And I was 11.
同我父亲走散了 当时我们同一群流浪汉一起
I lost my father along the side, and we were staying in a hobo jungle
住在一片野林子里 几个月都没见着我父亲
and I hadn’t seen him for months.
我到洛杉矶的时候 就想吃点牛奶 想得要命
So, by the time I get to L.A. I’m so starved for milk
后来我在牛奶厂找到了一个工作
that I get a job right in the dairy
我上班先一口气喝了两夸脱的奶油 喝得只想吐
and straight off drink 2 quarts of heavy cream and just puke.
可怜的悲剧的Dean
Poor, tragic Dean.
Dunkel 我想你能和你妻子重逢你一定很高兴吧
So Dunkel, I suppose you’re happy to get back to your wife.
阿尔及尔 路易斯安那州
Bull?
Bull?
Jane?
Jane?
有人吗?
Hello?
Bull?
Bull?
Bull?
Bull?
Bull?
Bull?
听着像是天使Sal Paradise
That sounds like the angel Sal Paradise.
你好吗?
How are you?
还行
Fair.
嗨简!
Hi Jane!
我们可算把Ed Dunkel给带来了
We finally brought Ed Dunkel with us.
Galatea在家吗?
Is Galatea home?
对不起
Excuse me.
(我要去赶)蜥蜴
Lizards.
Ed?
Ed?
嗨 Galatea
Hi, Galatea
滚出我的视线!
Get out of my sight!
你这个禽兽!
You’re an animal!
我去帮太太清扫树枝了
I guess I’ll go help the missus sweep the tree.
混帐!
Ass!
你是Sal 对不对?
You’re Sal, right?
看你反应如何了
It depends.
你知道这些混♥蛋♥对我做了什么马?
Do you know what these bastards did to me?
Dean离开他的妻子和孩子 没留一个子给他们
Dean leaves his wife and baby penniless
因为他想见你
because he wants to visit you.
还牵上Ed这只蠢羊
And Ed, being a sheep wants to tag along.
只因为他们没有钱!
Only they have no money!
于是 Ed问我要钱
So Ed asks me for the money,
我说 “我不会给你的除非我们结婚了”
and I say, “I’m not giving you any unless we’re married.”
然后Dean就说 “嘿 Ed 笨驴
And Dean says, “Hey, Ed, stupid ass.
就跟她结婚啊!”
Marry the broad!
不 我其实也是爱你的 亲爱的……
“No, I do love you too, honey…
闭嘴!
Shut up!
于是 他为几个油钱娶了我!
So he marries me for gas fare!
我们上了车 Dean开汽车来像恶魔撒旦
And we get in the car, and Dean drives like Satan,
还一路都抽大♥麻♥
smoking marijuana the whole way,
他们甚至都不肯停车让我上厕所
and they won’t even let me stop to use the ladies room.
我抱怨之后
And when I say something about it,
他们就把我丢在图森!图森!
they dump me in Tucson. In Tucson!
别这样 Galatea
Come on, Galatea.
我说
I mean.
Dean总有死的一天 那时候你要怎么说他?
Dean will be dead some day and then what can you say to him?
早死早好
The sooner he’s dead, the better.
你去哪儿?
Where were you going?
我能看你俩干那事吗?
Can’t I watch you guys screw?
亲爱的 对不起
Honey, I’m sorry.
就一两个星期
A week, a couple of weeks.
我就是想……
I just thought…
你就想干嘛?
You just thought what?
你就想着把我扔下和这些陌生人在一起吗?
You could just leave me here in this house with strangers?
“老女人 老女人 老女人 我答道 ”
“Old woman, old woman, old woman, quoth I, ”
“哦 往哪里去 往哪里去 往高处去”
“Oh whither, oh whither, oh whither so high ”
“将天空中的蛛网清扫”
“To brush the cobwebs off the sky”
“我能与你同去吗?”
“Shall I go with thee?”
我会和她一起去
I would go with her.
我们可以一起去
We could go together,
我们可以把天空中的蛛网扫下来
and we could brush the cobwebs from the sky.
慢慢地慢慢地
“By and by, by and by.”
他到底都对大家做了些什么?
What the hell has he ever done to anyone?
至少他开车载我妈妈跨越大半个美国
Well, he drove my mother halfway across the country.
真的?
Did he?
真的
Yeah.
切……
Nah…
Dean没有对人的责任感
Dean does not feel responsibility towards others.
他不明白这个概念
He does not know the concept.
然后 他又突然冒出些
Then again, he feels others have
莫名其妙的责任感来从中牟利
some mysterious obligation to support him.
不 我不了 Bull
No, I’m OK, Bull.
我有种说不出的反感
I find it unspeakably distasteful.
但Dean的我行我素给大家带来了该死的好时光
But Dean gives everyone a damn good time just being himself.
他给人的是幻境
He gives illusions.
是把戏
Tricks.
也许那是因为你还没有看到Dean圣洁的一面
Maybe that’s because you’re not seeing what’s really holy about Dean.
噢他倒成了个圣人了!
So he’s a holy man now!
一个在你眼中的信仰人士!
A religious figure in your eyes!
哎呀 Paradise……
Argh, Paradise…
你真是只美丽的小鸟
Aren’t you a pretty little bird…?
我在他身上看到的是强迫性精神病
What I see in him is compulsive psychosis.
虐待狂、精神病、不负责任和暴♥力♥狂
Dashed with a jigger of psychopathic irresponsibility and violence.
嗯 年轻人 喝鸡尾酒的时间到
Well, young man, I do believe the cocktail hour is upon us.
如今这个国家的灵魂已死 我们也什么都不做
Now this nation is dead in its soul and we do nothing.
要做的只是等待 等待结束
All we do is wait, for the end to come.
听到了吗?她知道
See? She knows.
女人总是未卜先知
The female always knows.
而世界的终结将在这里开始
And the end of the world will start here, too.
在得克萨斯州
In Texas.
这是路易斯安那州
Louisiana.
路易斯安那州和得克萨斯州
Louisiana and Texas.
这马提尼酒真棒
This is an outstanding martini.
是啊
Yes.
我能喝吗?
May I?

Please.
唔~
MmmMmm.
这马提尼酒真棒
That is an outstanding martini.
蝙蝠 它们松鼠的血……
You know that a bat, when they suck the blood out of things squirrels.
爸爸 画它们的脸
Dad, draw a face.
爸爸画它们的脸
Dad draw a face.
它们有牙 长长的牙
They got teeth, long teeth,
就用这个扎进松鼠身子里然后吸血
that’s what they stick in the squirrels and then they suck the blood out of them.
他们叫什么名字?
What’s their names?
Lorraine是个蝙蝠的好名字
I think, uh, Lorraine is a good name for a bat.
这是Lorraine
That’s Lorraine
上面得长几个翅膀 是不是 小老虎?
I need some wings on it like that, ain’t that right, you little beast?
这是我的脚趾
Here the toes.
我能把它卖♥♥了卖♥♥好多钱
I’m gonna sell it for a lot of money.
钱……
Money…
翻译的确经常有悖原意
Translation is indeed treason.
我看到的是
I got him.
他写的 翻成英语是 手指……
In English you got him saying “fingers rummaging…
在口袋里……
person…
摸索
in his pockets”.
Celine没这么写
Celine did not write that.
他写道:“在屁♥眼♥和口袋里的手”
He wrote, “Hands in assholes and pockets.”

Uh.
嗯 你可以从这里开始用力推
Well, um, if you could push it away from here.
推 嗯 向外
Away, um, the crumbs.
你和Ed怎么样了?
So, how’s it been with Ed?
我不知道该怎么办
I don’t know how to do it.
不知道如何使他快乐
How to make him happy.
哦 这很简单 亲爱的 你只要……

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!