“You cannot walk away from love.”
你无法逃离爱情
That was the advertisement in a Baltimore newspaper.
那是一则巴尔第摩报纸上 的广♥告♥词
And that is how he found her.
他就是这样找到她的
She was a young woman in need of a husband.
她是一个需要丈夫的年轻女子
He was a man who wanted a wife.
而他是一个需要妻子的男人
Too late to talk sense to him now.
现在跟他讲道理已经太迟了
You can’t marry her. You’ve never met her.
你不能和她结婚 路易斯 你从没有见过她啊
I meet her today.
我今天就会见到她
The boat from America comes at 6:00, we marry at 9:00…
从美国来的船 6 点钟到
…by 10:00, I’m back at work.
我们 9 点结婚 10 点之前 我就能回去上班了
Ridiculous. This is ridiculous.
荒谬 这真的是荒谬
A man needs a wife, isn’t that what you’ve been telling me? I sent for one.
男人是需要一个妻子的 你不是一直这么跟我说吗
From America.
我就去找了一个 美国来的
What does she look like?
她长什么样
Comes a day in every man’s life when a band is playing…
一个男人的生命中总会有一个时候 当乐声奏起时
…and he’s the only one who can hear it. Today is your day.
唯有他一个人可以听得见 而今天 就是你的大日子
I love you, woman.
我爱死你了
She is not beautiful.
她并不美丽
She is not meant to be beautiful…
她并不需要是美丽的
…just kind, true and young enough to bear children.
她只需要温柔、真诚 而且够年轻 能怀孩子
Go on. The sun will be up any minute. The boat will be coming in.
赶快 太阳就要出来了 船就快到了
But what about love, Luis? Doesn’t love come into this at all?
那 “爱情” 怎么办
Love is not for me, Alan.
难道不需要有爱情吗
Love is for those people who believe in it.
爱情并不是为我准备的 亚伦 爱情只是给那些相信它的人
Let’s go.
出发吧
Why are you laughing at me? You’ve been laughing at me all morning.
你为什么笑我 你已经对我笑了一整个早上了
Never mind. You go! Go on!
那不重要 你走吧 快走
No, this is not a love story.
不 这不是一个爱情故事
Butitis a story aboutlove, and the power it has over our lives.
而是一个关于爱 和 它所拥有的左右我们生命的力量的故事
The power to heal or destroy.
那是一种能治愈 也能毁灭我们的力量
and this is where the story begins.
而故事就是从这开始的
Mr. Vargas?
瓦格斯先生
Luis Vargas?
路易斯·瓦格斯先生
You don’t recognize me, do you?
你认不出我 是吧
Miss Russell?
罗素小姐
Yes.
是的
Julia Russell?
茱丽亚·罗素
But this, this picture–
但是 这照片…
I’ve deceived you. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have.
我骗了你 对不起
I was unsure. You see…
我不该的 我…我当时还不确定
…l didn’t want you interested in me just because I owned a pretty face.
我不想男人是因为我的美貌而喜欢我
So I sent another woman’s photograph and not my own.
所以 我送来了另一个女人的照片 而不是我自己的
I see.
原来如此
I hope you forgive me. I meant to write many times. I tried.
我希望你能原谅我 我试过很多次想要写信告诉你的
But my courage failed me. So I….
但是 我就是提不起勇气 所以…
And….
那么…
Now I stand before you as I am, and you know the worst.
现在我已经以真面目站在你面前 你也看到我的丑恶了
No, no.
不 不
Not the worst at all.
一点都不丑恶
Only, not what I was expecting.
只是…有点出乎我的预料
If my deception has altered your intentions…
如果我的欺骗使你改变初衷
… if you’re not satisfied–
如果你觉得任何不满意的话…
No, it isn’t that.
不不不
…I am determined to make my way back to my home in Delaware.
我就会马上回到我的家乡达拉瓦州去
If you say so, I will. Miss Russell….
只要你这么说 我会的 罗素小姐…
Miss Russell…
罗素小姐…
… you have been honest with me.
…你对我很诚实
I will be honest with you, too.
而我也会对你诚实
I will admit to a deception of my own.
我也要对你坦诚我对你的欺骗
You are exactly the image of your photograph.
你长得跟你的照片一模一样啊
Yes, I am.
是的 我是
But I wrote to you that I am a clerk…
但是我告诉你我只是一名
…in a coffee export house. I am not.
咖啡出口公♥司♥的职员 但是我不是
I own the house.
我…我拥有那家公♥司♥
The business is my own.
那是我自己的生意
You did not want me to be interested in you…
你不想让女人因为
…just because you owned a pretty bank account.
你的银行账户喜欢你
Yes.
是的
Then we have something in common.
那么 我们有共同点了
We are both not to be trusted.
我们两个都不能被信任
Of course, if my deception has altered your intentions…
当然 如果我的欺骗使你改变初衷
…if you are not interested in marrying a wealthy man….
如果你没有兴趣和一个有钱人结婚…
No, I think I could manage.
不 我想我可以承受得了的
If you could manage a somewhat prettier wife.
如果你可以要得起一个美丽的妻子的话
I’ll make the effort.
我会努力的
Miss Russell.
罗素小姐…
Mr. Vargas.
瓦格斯先生…
Now we have all the time in the world to get to know each other.
现在 我们有很多的时间相互了解
No, not all the time.
不 没有很多的时间
We are going to be married at 9:00.
我们要在 9 点钟结婚
Then we’d better hurry.
哦 是吗 那我们要抓紧点 是的
“Take this ring…
接收这戒指
“… as a sign of my love…
以证明我对你的
“… and fidelity…

“…to you.”
和忠贞
Music!Music!
奏乐 奏乐
Ladies and gentlemen, a toast!
女士们、先生们 我来说两句
To our groom and his beautiful…
为我们的新郎及他美丽、
… enchanting bride!
迷人的新娘干杯
Will you dance with me?
可以和我跳支舞吗
Dance?
跳舞
I don’t dance.
我不跳舞的
I say you do.
我说你会跳
May their life together be like this dance, harmonious, smooth.
愿他们的生活会像这支舞 和谐、优雅
Dance for life never ending and–
为了无尽的生活而舞 而且…
Alan, enough is enough.
亚伦 够了
I’m almost through.
我就快说完了
You’re through now. Sit down.
你已经说完了 坐下
Good luck to you. Thank you.
祝你好运 谢谢
Would you like to see the house?
你想要参观屋子吗
Oh, no. I can see it tomorrow.
哦 不用了 明天再看不迟
You must give me a few moments. I’m shy of these things.
可以给我一会会儿时间吗 我有些害羞
I will give you as many moments, days, nights as you need.
你要几会儿、几天、几晚都行
When you want me to come to you…
而当你想要我来找你时…
…I will.
我就会来的
Not before.
不会在那之前
You would do that for me?
你会为我这么做吗
If you say so, yes.
如果你是那么说 我就会这么做
Then…
那…
… l will say good night.
我该说晚安了
The bedroom is there, to the right.
卧室就在那儿 右边
I think I’ll find it.
好的 我想我能找得到
Awake at last.
总算醒了
The day is half-gone.
已经日上三竿了
I’m sorry. I’m not dressed.
对不起 我还没穿衣服
I could wait outside, but the coffee would get cold.
我可以在外面等你 但是咖啡会冷了
No, it’s all right.
没有关系
If someone brought me my coffee every morning before I dressed…
如果有人能在每天早上我穿衣服之前 就给我送来咖啡
… l would be very happy.
我会非常的高兴
It would change the day.
会改变我一整天的心情
But…… you only drink tea.
但是 你早上只喝茶的
I do? No.
是吗 不是的
When I wrote I worked in a coffee company, you wrote back–
我写信给你说我在咖啡公♥司♥上班 你回信说…
That was my sister.
那是我姊姊
She believed coffee to be a sinful pleasure so I pretended to agree.
她认为喝咖啡是一种罪恶的享受 所以我假装同意
She read all my letters to you, so I could not always be truthful.
她要看所有我写给你的信 所以我不能都说真话
All the more reason to forget them. That’s all behind you.
那现在可以把它都忘了吧 那都是过去的事了
What do you think?
你有什么看法
About what?
关于什么
Do you believe as my sister does…
你相信我姊姊所说的吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!