I’ve got four Lamborghinis that can’t meet smog emission standards.
我告诉过你今早就要的 我还在处理那四部兰博基尼
How many times you wash out with E.P.A.?
至今无法符合排烟量的标准 环保局打了你九次回票
Sir, they’re clearing E.P.A. in a few days.
我们会通过环保局审核的 我只需要多两天
Three times? You’re on a roll.
三次?
Four cars, three times each. That’s zip for twelve.
我进了四部车 每部各有三次 共12次
Are you a mechanic or a NASA engineer?
你是技术人员或太空工程师?
I told you I’ve never dealt with Lamborghinis…
我告诉过你 我从未进过兰博基尼
and yet you assured me that you could deliver the cars within that time frame.
而你保证能及时交车的
Don’t tell me that, ’cause I’m not even listening.
什么都别说 我不想听
Sir, I hardly think that’s necessary.
不 先生 我不认为有此必要
I’ll explain that to my swing loan.
我会向我的贷款人解释
I’m into him for 200,000. That’s thousand, three zeros.
我欠他二万元 届时要加三万利息
I got my money tied up in these cars. If I don’t get it, I am finished.
我所有的钱全绑在这些车上 若我无法将之发现 我就完了
Do you understand that? You have to understand our situation.
你了解吗? 你得体谅我们的处境
I got a shark snappin’ at my heels.
我才不管你的问题 我自身难保
They could’ve taken the car and my business 11 days ago.
我11天前就该交车了
I am holding them off with a whip and a chair.
我的老天爷 现在我束手无策
I understand that. I know delivery is way overdue.
我了解 你的交车期限已过
This fuckin’ E.P.A.! The whole world is chokin’ on smog…
那该死的环保署 全世界都快因烟雾而窒息了
and they’re gonna correct the situation by keeping my four cars off the road?
而他们还不让我这四部车上路
Babbitt Collectibles.
巴比特收藏汽车公♥司♥
Have you tried cash? How much do these E.P.A. guys earn?
试试用红包 那些环保人员的待遇如何?
Charlie, Mr. Wyatt.
查理·怀特先生
Wyatt? Yeah, about the swing Loan.
怀特 有关贷款的事
If he doesn’t get the money by 5:30, he’s gonna come and seize all the cars.
若五点半前不还钱 他就要要扣车
I have to call you back. You should talk to Mr. Babbitt.
我等一下再回你电♥话♥ 我想你该和巴比特先生本人谈
Tell him you watched me sign the check on Tuesday, then you put it in the mail.
告诉他你知道我周二已签了支票 你本人看着我签的
I need this. Come on.
快啊 我需要你这样做
I wouldn’t do that until you talk to Mr. Babbitt.
我不会这样做的 先生
His number? He’s on the road now.
请他留下电♥话♥号♥码? 不 他刚刚才走
He wants you to call him immediately. Charlie…
请你亲自与巴比特先生谈 查理
Tell him I’m connecting to Barbados, arriving 1:30 a.m.
告诉他们现在无法连络 我凌晨一点半才回来
Charlie! Lenny, I’m standing right here.
查理 伦尼 我在这呢
Mr. Bateman wants to back out on his car and he wants to take Mr. Webb with him.
贝蒙先生要撤回交易 他还要带着韦伯先生一起来
They want their down payments back. They found two cars at Valley Motors.
他们要求退回订金 他们在维利汽车找到了两部车
Tell him that that was me on the line, the cars just passed emissions…
告诉他我刚刚与你通过电♥话♥
and the E.P.A. paperwork will be in here momentarily.
车子刚通检查 环保署的文件马上就到
You payin’ attention to me? Yeah, I’m Listening.
你在听吗? 是 我在听
Tell them also that I’m knocking off five grand on both their deals.
另外告诉他们每辆车少收五千元
Do you understand that, Lenny? I got it.
伦尼 你确定你明白了? 我明白了
Mr. Bateman, that was Mr. Babbitt on the other Line.
贝蒙先生 刚才是巴比特先生电♥话♥
As it happens, the cars are passing emissions…
车辆正要通过检验
What am I saying? The cars have passed emissions.
我是说车子已通过检验
We’re waiting for the E.P.A. paperwork. We’ll have that momentarily.
正在等环保署的文件 我们在短时间内内可以拿到
And because of your incredible patience…
因为你的耐心
we’re going to knock off $5,000 on each car.
我们决定每辆车再便宜你五千元
Well, yes, you’ve been most patient.
是的 你非常的有耐心
We really appreciate your patience. Well, thank you.
我们非常感谢你的耐心 谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢你
Ready for Palm Springs?
准备去棕榈泉了吗?
You still want to go with all these problems?
有这些问题 你仍然要去?
We’re seconds away from closing this deal, clearing 75 grand.
成交在即 挣七万五
Not bad for a couple of phone calls. No, not bad at all.
对只打几个电♥话♥来说还不错吧? 只能说是不坏
You know where to find us, right? Right.
你知道如何找到我们吧? 知道
I got it under control.
我能控制全局的
I don’t want to be demanding…
我不是想挑剔你
but could you possibly say 10 or 12 words before we get to the hotel?
但在我们到饭店前能说点话吧
Consider it foreplay.
把它当做前奏如何?
Can you include me in some of your thoughts?
你能把我列入你的思想之中吗?
I’m just thinkin’. Nothing special.
我并没有想什么具体的东西
Maybe there’s something that you’re thinking about that we can talk.
也许只是一些可以聊的话题
If there was, Susanna, we’d be talkin’ about it.
若有什么好谈的 苏珊娜 我们便会谈论的
What’s the big to-do about me thinkin’?
我只是在思考罢了 我思考又有什么不对了?
I just feel like I’m going away for a few days with someone. Call me crazy.
我是与某个人一起出游 就算我疯狂好了
You wanna talk? Let’s talk. How was your day?
好吧 你想聊我们就聊 你好吗
I feel you’re excluding me from what’s going on. It’s not that I wanna talk.
我只是觉得我被摒弃于事外而已 并不表示我想聊天
One of these again, Susanna. How did we get back to one of these?
又来了 苏珊娜 我们是怎么回到这上头的?
I don’t want to…I don’t know why I put up with all of this.
我不知道我为何会忍♥受这些事
You wanted to go to Palm Springs, and we’re goin’.
你想去棕榈泉 我们就去棕榈泉
But I didn’t wanna go alone. I’ve been sitting in this car for…
是的 但我不想一个人去 我坐在这车上像个假人
You wanna talk? Let’s talk!
你想聊 我们就聊呀
This is not talking.
这不是聊天
Yeah? Charlie, this is Lenny.
什么事? 查理 我是伦尼
I’ve been trying to contact you for a while.
我已找了你一阵子了
I got a long-distance call from Mr. Mooney, your father’s lawyer.
有位孟尼先生打长途电♥话♥来
He’s been trying to reach you.
他是令尊的律师 一直要连络你
Your father has died, Charlie.
查理 令尊过世了
I’m sorry. The funeral’s tomorrow in Cincinnati. He said you’d know where.
我很遗憾 明天在辛辛那提出殡
I’ve got his number. That’s not necessary.
他说你知道在那 他留了电♥话♥ 没那个必要
Anything else?
还有别的吗?
If there’s anything I can do… All right.
查理 有什么我能做的打电♥话♥来 好的
I’m sorry about the weekend, hon. Charlie, the weekend?
亲爱的 抱歉周末泡汤了 查理 周末?
I told you before, we had a falling-out a Long time ago.
我跟你说过我们父子不合很久了
My mother died when I was two. It was just him and me.
家母在我两岁时去世
We just didn’t get along.
我们…就是合不来
You’re going to the funeral, no? Yeah.
你要去奔丧吗? 要
I’m coming with you. That’s sweet, but there’s no point.
我和你一起去 你真体贴 但没有这个需要
I want to.
我要去 就是这样
All right. Sorry. I forgot who I was talkin’ to.
抱歉 我忘了我在和谁说话
To our beloved neighbor…
我们对于他的回忆及尊重及景仰
for our memory, admiration and respect for him…
会使他在此的精神永存
will live beyond the years of his life on Earth.
让我们以他为模范 追随他
Let us consecrate ourselves to follow his example of zest for life…
他的一生
dedication to family…
都献给家庭
and charity to all.
并接济贫穷
And now, with sure and certain hope of resurrection life…
现在 我们确定他在你那儿永生
we commend to you the soul of our departed friend.
我们将我们的友人交付你的手中
Just have to go over the details of the will with him, and then we leave.
等今晚听完遗嘱的细节后就走
I can wait in the car.
我可以在车上等
Somebody should be watering those roses. They’re all dying.
该替玫瑰浇水了 它们快枯死了
Knew this car my whole life. Only drove it once.
从小就认识这部车
A 1949 Buick Roadmaster convertible. Only 8,000 production models made.
1949年别克敞篷车 仅出厂八千辆
Straight-Eight. Fireball Eight.
直列8缸霹雳火引擎
It was the first full year of the Dynaflow transmission.
第一批液力传动变速器
Know it by rote.
我对它了如指掌
You were his only child.
你是他的独生子
You came along when he was…
出生那年
what, 45 or something?
他已经45岁左右了
He probably thought he was never going to have a son…
他可能已认为不会有儿子了
so he had to love you.
所以他一定宠爱你的
I think you’re exaggerating. You were his child, his son, his blood.
我认为你夸大其辞 你是他儿子 你是他的骨肉 血脉
In these pictures here, he doesn’t look like a man who doesn’t love his son.
由这照片上看来 他不像不爱你
What are you doin’ lookin’ at this? Put that away.
你看那东西干什么? 放到一边去
You want to hear a story? Don’t get mad.
你要听故事? 我说个故事给你听 别疯了
You know the convertible in the garage? His baby, that and the goddamn roses.
你知道什么是他的宝贝? 是那车♥库♥里的车及玫瑰花
The Buick. The car was offlimits to me.
别克 那车是我不能摸的东西
“That’s a classic,” he’d say. “It’s not for children.”
他说 “那玩意是艺术精品 少♥儿♥不♥宜♥”
Tenth grade, I’m 16 years old, and for once…
十年级时我十六岁 有一次
I bring home a report card, and it’s almost all A’s.
我成绩上几乎全都是A
I go to my old man, “Can I take the car out?”
我去找我老头向他借那辆别克
Take the guys out in the Buick, sort of a victory drive.
准备带我的同学兜风庆祝
He says, “No.” I steal the keys, I sneak it out.
他说 “不行” 但我还是偷了钥匙 开走了它
You took the car with no permission? Why? Why then?
你没得到允许开走了车? 为什么? 为什么那么做?
Because I…I deserved it.
因为那是我应得的
Nothing I did was good enough for this guy. Don’t you understand that?
也不能让那家伙满足 不明白吗?
We’re on Columbia Parkway, four kids.
我们才开到哥伦比亚公园
We get pulled over. An accident?
我们四个孩子被挡了下来 交通事故?
Pulled over.
被 “挡了下来”
What is pulled over? Police? Yes, police.
挡了下来? 警♥察♥? 是的 警♥察♥
Can I finish? He called in a report of a stolen car.
我能继续说完吗? 你报♥警♥说车子被偷而不是说

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!