谁啊?
Who’s there?
雷蒙德
哪个雷蒙德?
-Raymond. -“Raymond” who?
雷伊 你总共认识几个雷蒙德?
How many Raymonds do you know, Ray?
爸爸死了
Our father is dead.
自我了结的?
By his own hand?
当然不是自我…他病了 老天啊
No, not by his own– He was sick, for Chrissake.
我能进去吗?
Can I come in?
雷伊 把枪收起来 你知道我不喜欢枪
Put the gun away, Ray. You know I don’t like guns.
那你就不该三更半夜敲别人家的门
Then you shouldn’t knock on people’s doors in the middle of the night.
我打过电♥话♥ 但你的手♥机♥没开机
Well, I tried to call, but your phone was dead.
我欠话费了
I’m behind on bills.
你想喝点什么吗?
You want something to drink?
咖啡
Coffee.
咖啡
Coffee.
我上次来是什么时候?三年前?
When was I last here? Three years?
阿西娜的手术后
After Athena’s surgery.
那是五年前
That’d be five.
是吗?该死 都这么久了
Really? Shit.
谁打电♥话♥告诉你那个老头的事的?
So, who called you about the old man?
我是说 谁还会跟他说话呢?
I mean, who even talks to him anymore?
韦斯特牧师 他的牧师
Reverend West, his pastor.
哈里斯有牧师?你逗我呢吧?
Harris has a pastor? Are you shitting me?
我说真的 他的遗愿是
儿子们能参加他的葬礼
Yeah. His last wish was that his sons attend his funeral.
雷伊 葬礼明天在里士满举♥行♥
It’s tomorrow, Ray. Outside of Richmond.
你不必去
You don’t have to go.
他已经死了 永远不会知道你去没去
He’s dead. He’ll never know.
你可真是个很温柔的人 你知道吗?
You’re a very tender man, you know that?
你打算怎么着?
So what’s your plan?
我会早点出发 天亮前就走
但是 我不能一个人去
I’ll leave early, before dawn, but, I can’t alone.
雷伊 我没有驾照
I don’t have a license, Ray.
我酒驾被抓了
I got a DUI.
只喝了两杯啤酒而已
I had two beers.
这是我20年来头一次被警♥察♥拦下
The first time I’ve been pulled over in 20 years.
我今晚不得不开车过来
因为我联♥系♥不上你
I had to drive here tonight ’cause I couldn’t reach you,
但如果我被拦下 那麻烦可就大了
but if I get stopped, I could be in deep shit.
为什么不让你老婆开车送你?
Why doesn’t your wife just drive you?
我们的婚姻亮红灯了
We’re on the rocks.
12月的时候她离开了我
She left me in December.
去找圣诞老人了
Ho, ho, ho.
你之前为什么说他“自我了结”了?
Why did you say “by his own hand” before?
他为何会自杀?
Why would he kill himself?
我一直以为他会自杀
I guess I just always thought he would.
这个讨厌的混♥蛋♥ 总是一副抑郁的样子
Such a bitter son of a bitch. Frustrated.
成事不足 败事有余
Everything he touched turned to shit.
我就觉得他总有一天会自行了断
Just thought he’d put himself to sleep one day.
我整个童年都在幻想着
I fantasized about it my whole childhood,
他把枪塞进嘴里、把自己爆头
him putting a gun in his mouth and blowing off the top of his head.
老天啊
Jesus.
你真要去?
You’re really gonna go?
想想他对你的所作所为吧
After the things he did to you?
你还在那个工厂上班吗?
You still working at the plant?
不在了 被炒了
No. Fired.
为什么?
For what?
不知道 和人发生了口角
I don’t know. Some altercation.
“发生了口角”?装什么高大上
“Altercation”? Fancy.
如果我问那人 他也会这么说吗?
If I asked the other guy, would he use that word?
他很难说话 因为牙齿都被我打掉了
It’s difficult for him to speak with no teeth and all.
为什么打啊?
What was it about?
没什么
Nothing.
雷伊 到底为什么?
What was it about, Ray?
他用了“黑鬼”那个词
我让他别用 然后一发不可收拾
He used the N-word. I told him not to. It escalated.
那你现在做什么谋生?
What are you doing for work now?
断断续续在工地上班
Construction. Here and there.
这周我要去两天
I have two days this week,
又是一个不去参加葬礼的好理由
which is another great reason to skip a funeral.
之前我看见一个女人从你这儿离开
是认真交往的对象吗?
I saw a woman leaving earlier. She a keeper?
你还演出吗?
You playing any gigs?
不了 我好久没演出了
Nah, I haven’t played a gig in forever.
为什么不?你吹得很好
Why not? You’re sounding good.
不玩乐器了
I don’t play anymore.
我敲门的时候听到你吹小号♥了
I heard you when I was knocking on the door.
不可能
我听见了
-No. -I heard it.
我没小号♥了 全卖♥♥了
I don’t have any horns anymore. Sold ’em.
你把小号♥卖♥♥了?
You sold your horns?
没什么
It’s okay.
丢了工作又卖♥♥了小号♥ 听起来不太妙
No work and no horns? Sounds like dicey territory.
我很好 七年没碰毒品了
I’m fine. Still clean, going on seven years.
天啊 那很好 我真为你骄傲
Wow, that’s great. I’m proud of you.
怎么 要来抱抱吗?
What, is this where we hug?
来抱这个
去死吧
-Hug this. -Oh, fuck.
你知道的 他确实还有其他老婆
You know, he does have other wives.
你可以劝她们去参加葬礼
You can get them to go.
不了吧
Nah.
还记得那个塞尔维亚女人吗?布兰卡
Remember that Serbian woman? Branka.
布兰卡 天啊 印象深刻 该死 她超火♥辣♥
Branka– Wow. Good memory. Shit, she was hot.
我光想着她打飞机
就肯定有100次 你也一样
I must have jerked off to her a hundred times and so did you.
才没有 我忙着睡妹子呢
你就瞎扯吧
-No, I was too busy getting laid. -You’re full of shit.
他是怎么把那样的女人骗到手的?
只要他愿意 他可以表现得很风趣
-How did he get himself women like that? -He could be funny when he wanted to be.
用皮带抽我们屁♥股♥算风趣吗?
Does whipping our asses with his belt count as funny?
如果算的话 他就是个超级滑稽的人
‘Cause if it does, he was a hoot.
雷伊
Ray.
我想去参加葬礼
I wanna be there.
不是因为他让我去 而是我自己想去
Not because he asked, but because I want to.
我想看见他被埋到地下
I wanna know what it looks like to put him underground,
想体会那种感觉
what it feels like.
但我又怕自己受不了
But I’m scared it’s gonna kick my ass.
你陪我去吧
Come with me.
等一下
J– Wait one second.
当真?有这个必要吗?
Really, is that necessary?
说不准
You never know.
钥匙…你拿了
Keys– You got it.
到哪了?
Where are we?
大约还有一个半小时就到了
‘Bout a hour and a half out.
我刚梦见自己在自然历史博物馆里
I was having a dream I was in a natural history museum.
里面有一扇剧院里那种窗户
There was one of those theater-like windows.
还记得吗?
Remember those?
裸体穴居人杀人用的…
你妈妈以前常带我们去
The naked cavemen killing a man with– Your mom used to take us.
不对 是你妈
No. That was your mom.
我妈讨厌那地方 说让她浑身不舒服
My mom hated that place. Said it gave her the creeps.
不对 你妈妈有没有…
No. Didn’t your mom…
也许你是对的 总之…
Maybe you’re right. Anyway…
我在那个博物馆里
爸爸…哈里斯是里面的一个史前人类
I’m in the museum and Dad– Harris is one of the prehistoric men.
没错
Yeah.
于是我试着打破玻璃放他出来
试着把他救出来
So I’m tryna break the glass, tryna get him out, tryna free him.
但是我向下看 然后…
发现自己也光着身子 和其他穴居人一样
But I look down, and… I’m naked too, like the other cavemen.
你觉得这梦意味着什么?
What do you think it means?
意味着要想把那个老头从你脑子里赶出去
Means it’s gonna take a whole lot more than a hole in the ground
光在地上挖个坑是远远不够的
to get the old man out of your head.
很难把他想象成一个小男孩
It’s hard to imagine him as a little boy.
他爸爸家暴他
我们也如出一辙地对待自己的孩子
His father was a monster to him. We repeat.
我们不必这样
对 但我们也这样
-We don’t have to. -Yeah, but we do.
这就是我们家的规律

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!