“那里有两大个家族,有相等的声望”
Two households,both alike in dignity,
“我们的故事发生在繁华的维洛纳城”
in fair Verona where we lay our scene,
“从宿仇中又有新的嫌怨爆发”
from ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
“使得市民的血把清白的手弄脏”
where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
“命中注定,从这两家仇人的肚里”
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes…
“生出一对命运多桀情人”
a pair of star-crossed lovers take their life,
“他们的不幸的悲惨的结局”
whose misadventured piteous overthrows
“埋葬了两家父母的纠纷”
do with their death…bury their parents’strife.
这仇恨只是两家主人和男仆们之间的事
But the quarrel is between our masters and us their men.
都一样啦.
Ah, ’tis all one.
那边,蒙塔古家的人来了.
Here come the house of the Montagues.
早安.- 你早呀!先生.
Ah, good morrow.Good morrow to you, sir.
找他们打架,我会在背后支持你.
Quarrel,I will back thee.
不要怕我逃跑.
Right. Fear me not. (CLEARS THROAT)
来,上吧.
Right. Fail me not.
你是在对我们咬你的大拇指吗?先生
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
我是在咬我的大拇指,先生.
I do bite my thumb, sir.
你是冲着我们咬你的大拇指吗?先生…
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
不是的!先生, 我不是对你们咬我的大拇指。先生
No, sir.I do not bite my thumb at you, sir,
但是我是在咬我的大拇指,先生.
but I do bite my thumb, sir.
你想找打架吗,先生?
Do you quarrel, sir?
打架,先生!不,先生
Quarrel, sir?No, no, no, sir.
如果你想打架,先生,我可以奉陪
If you do, sir,I am for you.
我伺候的主人一点也不比你们的差- 不见得更好一些吧
I serve as good a man as you.No better?
是要更好一些
Yes, better, sir.
你说谎.
You lie.
拔出剑来,如果你们是男子汉!别忘记使用你那一手绝招!
Draw!Draw if you be men!Gregory, remember thy swashing blow!
杀了凯布雷!
Kill the Capulets!
蠢材!收起你们的剑!你们不知道你们干的是什么事!
Part, fools! Put up your swords!You know not what you do!
公爵严禁在维洛纳的街上打斗
The Prince hath expressly forbid this bandying in Verona streets!
凯布雷家的人来了!
Here come the Capulets!
提伯特,凯布雷的亲戚
Tybalt, Capulet’s kinsman!
怎么?你也拔剑参加这群怯懦的奴才们的打斗吗?
What, art thou drawn among these heartless hinds?
转过身来,宾瓦利,准备受死吧- 我只是在维持和平.
Turn thee, Benvolio.Look upon thy death.I do but keep the peace.
收起你的剑,再不就来帮我把他们分开
Put up thy sword or manage it to part these men with me.
什么!拔出了剑还要谈和平?
What, drawn and talk of peace?
我讨厌这名词,就像恨地狱,恨蒙塔古一家和你
I hate the word,as I hate hell,all Montagues and thee.
看剑,懦夫!- 凯布雷!
Have at thee, cowards! Capulet!
蒙塔古!
Montague!
现在,藏起你的头- 恶棍!
Now hie thee home,fragment.
把我的长剑给我,喂!凯布雷!
Give me my long sword! Ho!Capulet!
下去到市场广场!
Down to the market square!
杀了那些恶棍蒙塔古!
Kill that villain Montague!
伯父!…
My noble uncle!
什么?
What?
我的剑!…
My sword! My sword!
不准你迈一步去寻仇!
Thou shalt not stir a foot to seek a foe!
别拉着我!让我去!
Hold me not!Let me go!
蒙塔古!
Montague!
我要好好教训你,懦夫
I’ll strike thee, coward.
公爵来了!- 放下你们的武器!
The Prince is coming!Put down your weapons!
公爵来了!
Here comes the Prince!
作乱的民众,治安的敌人
Rebellious subjects,enemies to peace,
快将你们的血腥的手里的凶器…
throw your mistempered weapons to the ground…
丢在地上
Down with your weapons.
听你们震怒的公爵的裁判
And hear the sentence of your moved Prince.
你们只是为了几句话便发生三次斗殴
Three civil brawls bred of an airy word,
你老凯布雷…
by thee, old Capulet…
和老蒙塔古…
And Montague…
三次扰乱街道上的和平
Have thrice disturbed the quiet of our streets.
如果你再打扰我们的街道,
If ever you disturb our streets again,
你们就要以生命来赎罪
your lives shall pay the forfeit of the peace.
至于这一次,其余的人都走开
For this time all the rest depart away!
你,凯布雷,你跟我来
You, Capulet, shall go along with me.
而蒙塔古,你下午过来
And, Montague,come you this afternoon.
再说一遍,一切人等全都走开,否则处死
Once more, on pain of death,all men depart.
罗密欧在哪里?你今天看见他了吗?
Where is Romeo? Saw you him today?
我很高兴他没有赶上这场打斗
Right glad I am he was not at this fray.
夫人,在万人景仰的太阳从东方金窗探头之前一小时
Madam, an hour before the worshipped sun,peered forth the golden window of the east,
我心里一阵烦躁,想起身出外散步
a troubled mind drove me to walk abroad:
在城西一带的枫树林的下面我看到你儿子一早就在那里走动
where, underneath the grove of sycamore so early walking did I see your son.
我向他走去,但他发觉我了
Towards him I made;but he was ware of me,
就躲进林荫深处….
and stole into the cover of the wood.
好几天一清早就有人在那里看见他
Many a morning hath he there been seen.
看,他来了
See, where he comes.
请您暂且躲在旁处我要问问他,看他究竟有些什么心事
So please you, step aside.I’ll know his grievance,or be much denied.
愿你运气好,能听到他的真心话
I would thou wert so happy by thy stay,to hear true shrift.
来吧,夫人,我们走开吧!
Come, madam. Let’s away.
早安,表弟
Good morrow, cousin.
现在还算早吗?- 刚敲过九点
Is the day so young?But new struck nine.
唉呀!
Ay me!
愁苦的时间似乎特别长
Sad hours seem long.
从这里急忙走开的可是我的父亲?
Was that my father that went hence so fast?
是的
Hmm?It was.
有什么愁苦的事使得罗密欧的时间显得长?
What sadness lengthens Romeo’s hours?
未能得到能使时间变短的东西
Not having that, which having makes them short.
但,罗密欧…- 再见,表兄
But, Romeo…Farewell, Coz.
唉啊,谁在这里打架了?不用告诉我…
God’s me,what fray was here?Yet tell me not,
我已经全听说过了
for I have heard it all.
这场冲突与仇恨有关
Here’s much to do with hate,
但更大的冲突却是与爱情有关
but more with love.
且慢,我要和你一同去
Soft, I will go along.
但是蒙塔古和我一样均已保证不再扰乱治安,违犯时受同样的惩罚
But Montague is bound as well as l,in penalty alike,
我想,像我们这样年老的人和平相处并不困难
and ’tis not hard, I think,for men as old as we to keep the peace.
你们二位都是德高望重的
Of honorable reckoning are you both,
这样久彼此不睦,实在是一件憾事
and pity ’tis you lived at odds so long:
不过,老伯…你对我的请求,意下如何呢?
but, but now, my lord,what say you to my suit?
我还是重复我说过的那一句话
But saying o’er what I have said before,
小女尚不懂事
my child is yet a stranger in the world.
她还不满十四岁呢
She hath not seen the change of fourteen years.
再等两个夏季的花草变得焦黄,她才算得成熟,才好做新娘
Let two more summers wither in their pride,’ere we may think her ripe to be a bride.
比她年轻的小姐们都已做了母亲
Younger than she are happy mothers made.
这样早就结婚的人实在是太早就被毁掉了
And too soon marred are those so early made.
我的儿女均已被黄土所埋葬
The earth hath swallowed all my hopes but she,
只剩了她,是我唯一的指望
she is the hopeful lady of my earth.
向她求婚吧,好巴利斯,赢取她的心。
But woo her, gentle Paris, get her heart,
我是否同意要看她自己肯不肯
my will to her consent is but a part.
噢,彼得!
Oh, Peter!
今晚我照例设宴款待来宾
This night I hold an old accustomed feast
邀请了许多我喜欢的客人。你,也是我的客人中的一个
whereto I have invited many a guest.Such as I love,you among the store,
如蒙赏光,当令我的宴席生色
one more, most welcome,makes my number more.
奶妈,我的女儿在哪里?叫她来见我
Nurse,where’s my daughter?Call her forth to me.
我指着我12岁时的童贞来发誓,我已经叫过她了
Now, by my maidenhead at 12 years old,I bade her come.
这孩子哪里去了?茱丽叶!…
Where is the girl?Juliet! Juliet!
这孩子哪里去了?茱丽叶!
Where is the girl?Juliet!
茱丽叶!这个孩子哪里去了?
Where is the girl? Juliet!
茱丽叶!
Juliet!
什么事,谁在叫呢?- 你的妈妈,你的亲娘!
How now, who calls?Your mother!Your lady mother!
你的妈妈,你的亲娘!
Juliet, it’s your mother,your lady mother.
快点,孩子,快点…你在哪?
Make haste, girl, make haste!Where were you?
妈妈,我在这里。你找我?
Madam, I am here.What is your will?
是一件大事
This is the matter.
快点,女孩们,快点…- 奶妈
Make haste, girls.Come on, come on.Nurse, um…
你暂且离开一下,我们要私下里谈一谈
give leave awhile,we must talk in secret.
奶妈,你回来,我想起来了
Nurse, come back again.I have remembered me.
你要听听我们的谈话.你知道我的女儿年纪不算小了
Thou’s hear our counsel.Thou knowest my daughter’s of a pretty age.
讲到她的年纪,我可以按钟头计算出来,她未满十四岁
I can tell her age unto an hour.She’s not fourteen.
我用我的十四颗牙齿打赌
I’ll lay fourteen of my teeth.
说来好惨我只剩四颗了,她未满十四岁,现在离收获节还有多久?
And yet to my teen be it spoke,I have but four,she’s not fourteen.How long is it to Lammastide?
还有二个星期零几天,零一天也好零两天也好
A fortnight and odd days.Even or odd, of all the days of the year,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!