戴维陪我去外头散步
David took me for a walk.
我笑得合不拢嘴
My chin was about an inch from the ground.
我那天过得很开心
I just couldn’t be the gay girl.
我很放松,并且向他 吐露了我所有的心事
I just relaxed and let everything pour out.
那个真真正正的我
The real, real me stuff.
你听到那话吗? 我听到自己在说
Did you hear that phrase ? I hear myself saying things like that and- –
噢,戴维在哪里?
Oh, where’s David ? You know,
我不是很聪明
I’m not very smart.
为什么?
Why ?
我从未意识到你
I never realized you were- –
布兰登和他的音乐
[ Sighs ] Brandon and his atmospheric music.
你和戴维在谈恋爱,对不?
You are in love with David, aren’t you ?
没错
Yes.
– 我不明白 – 明白什么?
I don’t get it. Get what ?
我来时布兰登跟我说了句话 他意思是我有机会…
Brandon made a crack when I got here. He implied I’d have a chance…
再和你在一起 因为戴维将不会介入
with you again because David would be out of the running.
等一下.你是说,我来的时候 布兰登早就知道我们分手了
Wait. You mean, before I got here Brandon knew we had broken- –
– 他甚至知道你和戴维的事 – 什么?
He even knew about you and David. What ?
肯尼思,我告诉他时 他装做完全不知道
Kenneth, he pretended to be completely ignorant when I told him.
– 这到底怎么回事? – 我也不知道
What’s going on here ? I don’t know,
但是我一定要查个水落石出
But I’m going to find out once and for all !
– 布兰登? – 怎么了?
Brandon ? Yes ?
– 我能和你谈会吗? – 没问题
May I see you for a moment ? Certainly.
他怎么老是和 这些人呆在一起?
Why can’t he keep his hands off people ?
怎么了?
Well ?
– 你在那边干什么呢? – 给你拿咖啡呀
Just exactly what are you up to, chum ? Up to getting you coffee.
少来了!我想知道 你为什么告诉肯尼思…
Let’s dispense with the charm ! I’d like to know why you had the gall to tell Kenneth…
他不必担心 我和戴维在一起?
he wouldn’t have to worry much longer about David and me ?
– 我不是这么说的吧 – 你就是这个意思
I don’t think that’s precisely what I said. It’s what you implied !
– 我想知道原因 – 有些女人生气时很迷人
I want to know why. Some women are quite charming when they’re angry.
– 可是不幸的是,你并不 – 少废话
Unfortunately, you’re not. Cut that out !
– 噢,有人暴跳如雷 – 我不相信戴维会来
Well, chivalry rears its ugly head ! I don’t believe David’s coming !
– 等着瞧 – 他从不迟到这么久的
Wait and see. I don’t have to. He’s never this late.
如果有什么事的话 他也会打电♥话♥来说一声的
If something had come up, he’d have phoned.
你分明就是安排好了 他不会来.我真是聪明!
You deliberately arranged it so that he wouldn’t come. How clever of me !
我早该知道你才不会 维肯特里先生举♥行♥宴会的
I might have known you couldn’t just give a party for Mr. Kentley.
你那反常的幽默 就证明了你有问题
You’d have to add something that appealed to your warped sense of humor.
我希望你能开心! 而我则一点也不
I hope you’ve enjoyed yourself, Brandon. I haven’t !
他太过分了!
[ Janet ] He’s really impossible !
你不要让他坏了你的好心情
[ Kenneth ] You shouldn’t let him upset you.
– 有什么不妥吗,布兰登? – 没有
Something gone wrong, Brandon ? No.
有时珍妮就会惹麻烦
Janet has a talent for being bothersome at times.
然而,我想我最好
However, I suppose I’d better- –
噢,你说“有什么不妥” 是什么意思?
Uh, what did you mean, ”something gone wrong” ?
你老是能将宴会安排得很好,所以 如有不妥的话就让人觉得奇怪
You always plan your parties so well, it’s odd to have anything go wrong.
她看来在想戴维
She seems to be missing David.
事实上,我也在想他了
[ Rupert ] As a matter of fact, I’m beginning to miss him myself.
我们不都想他吗?
Aren’t we all ?
两份餐后甜点,卡特先生?
Two desserts, Mr. Cadell ?
– 你一份我一份,亲爱的 – 噢,卡特先生
One for you and one for me, my love. Ah, Mr. C.
其他人好像没有 什么心情吃雪糕
The others don’t seem to be in the mood for ice cream.
噢,他们都该冷静一下
Well, they could all do with a little cooling off.
我看,这真是个奇怪的宴会 有点不出我所料
My, it’s a peculiar party, not that that surprises me.
– 为什么? – 我今天上午就能预见到了
Why not ? I could have predicted it this morning.
他们该是从早上开始就一团糟
Both of them must have got up out of the wrong side of the bed.
他们今天一整天都这样
They’ve been in a state all day !
布兰登先生说 他一举♥行♥宴会就是这样
Mr. Brandon says he’s always in a state when he gives a party.
这是第一次他们这个样子.通常 他们都会让我准备所有东西…
It’s the first time I’ve seen it. Usually, he lets me prepare everything…
随便我怎么安排.可是你看 这鸡根本没有人碰过!
in my own way; but, look at this, the chicken’s hardly been touched !
– 今天有什么不同吗? – 谁知道!
What was so different today ? Oh, what wasn’t !
布兰登匆匆忙忙的擦了 桌子摆了东西在上面
Mr. Brandon was in the maddest rush to clean up and get the table set.
哦,它看起来多好看!但是 当我匆匆忙忙赶出去买♥♥东西时
Oh, it looked so lovely ! But when I was whisking out to do the shopping,
他突然告诉我 整个下午都不要回来
he suddenly told me to take the whole afternoon for it.
整个下午!
The whole afternoon, after that mad rush in the morning!
– 他告诉你原因了吗? – 没有,我想他是一时兴起
Did he say why ? No, just a whim, I suppose.
可是当我回来时,他和 菲利普在弄着铁锤和钳子
But when I came back, he and Mr. Phillip were going at it hammer and tongs.
哦.怎么回事?
Oh. What about ?
卡特先生,即使我知道 你觉得我会说吗?
Mr. Cadell, even if I did know, do you think I’d tell?
– 我希望你会 – 不,我是守瓶如口的人
Well, I hope so. Not me. I’m like the grave.
瞧这堆乱糟糟的东西 重复劳动
Look at this mess ! Just makes double the work.
我打扫干净了这
After I have this cleaned off,
我还得打扫下餐厅的书
I have to clear all those books off the dining room table,
搬书过来,放进柜子里 这些书原先就放在那里面
bring them here, put them back in the chest, which is where they were in the first place.
– 你干嘛在这放吃的东西? – 不是我要这么做的
Why did you serve from here, anyway ? It wasn’t my idea.
我把东西放在餐厅 并且好看极了
I had everything laid out in the dining room and it was just beautiful.
这不就只有几步远
On this thing, there isn’t half the room.
她还在讲她的桌子 还有从这边拿事物很差吗?
Is she still harping on her table and how awkward it is to serve from this ?
这样子更方便 大家不用走那么远去餐厅…
It’s much more convenient. This way, people don’t have to go all the way into…
拿食物然后 再跑回来这边吃
the dining room to get food and come all the way back to eat it.
看来他们都去那边 拿甜点和咖啡了
Seems to me they’ve gone in there now for their dessert and coffee.
威尔逊太太,请你过去帮他们忙 不要老是对他们说教
Mrs. Wilson, please serve the guests. Don’t lecture them.
看来我们真的 从一大早就不对劲了,是不?
We did get up on the wrong side of the bed, didn’t we ?
我的情况挺尴尬的
I’m in quite an embarrassing position.
你是什么意思?
How do you mean ?
好像只有我感觉开心
I seem to be the only one having a good time.
你和阿特沃特太太
You and Mrs. Atwater.
怎么回事,菲利普?
What’s going on, Phillip ?
你不介意关掉那灯吧?
Would you mind turning that off?
抱歉,我不喜欢 在灯光下弹琴
Sorry. I don’t like to play with light in my eyes.
你知道的,菲利普
You know, Phillip,
当别人拒绝回答我的问题时 我更加有兴趣追根到底
I get quite intrigued when people don’t answer questions.
– 我可是很好奇的 – 你问我问题了吗?
I’m quite curious. Did you ask me a question ?
是的,我问了
Yes, Phillip, I asked you a question.
哦,什么问题?
Well, what was it ?
我问你这里到底怎么回事?
I asked you what is going on here.
– 举♥行♥宴会 – 对,但是是一个奇怪的宴会
A party. Yes, but a rather peculiar party.
到底是怎么回事,菲利普?
What’s it all about, Phillip ?
到底怎么回事?不要老是玩 “罪恶与惩罚”的游戏了,茹伯特!
What’s what all about ? Stop playing ”crime and punishment,” Rupert.
如果你想知道怎么回事 就查呀!小声点
If you want to know something come out with it ! Temper, temper.
别停.我想喝点酒
Don’t stop. I’d like a drink.
我帮你倒.继续弹 你要来点什么,苏格兰酒?
I’ll get it for you. keep playing. What would you like, Scotch ?
不,白兰地
No, brandy.
你很喜欢这调,对不?
You’re very fond of that tune, aren’t you ?
你知道,我希望能知道 我想知道的东西
You know, I wish I could come straight out with what I want to know.
对不起,我什么也不知道
Unfortunately, I don’t know anything.
我只是怀疑
I merely suspect.
– 我说 – 我听到了
I said that- – I heard you.
– 够了吗? – 谢谢
This all right ? Thank you.
好了
That’s fine.
– 你用这个吗? – 有时用
Do you use this ? Sometimes.
我以为只有初学者才用
I thought only beginners did.
– 我必须说 – 好了,茹伯特,我来问你
I must say- – All right, Rupert, I’ll ask you.
你在怀疑什么?
What do you suspect ? [ Ticking ]
哦,我忘了
Oh, I’ve forgotten.
– 戴维在哪里? – 我不知道
Where’s David, Phillip ? I don’t know.
– 为什么? – 布兰登知道
Why ? Brandon knows.
– 他知道? – 我什么都不知道.他不知道吗?
Does he ? Not that I know of. Doesn’t he ?
– 哦,好了 – 我不知道,你干嘛不问布兰登?
Oh, come now. I don’t. Why don’t you ask Brandon ?
我问了
I have,
可是他忙着 理人家的三角关系
but he’s too busy maneuvering the other two points of the triangle.
到底是为什么呢? 布兰登做这些是为了什么呢?
What for, Phillip ? just what is Brandon trying to do…
他对珍妮 和肯尼思做的那些事?
with Janet and Kenneth ?
– 你笑什么? – 没什么?
What are you laughing at ? Nothing.
怎么了?我说的太远了?
What is it ? Am I so far off the track ?
根本就没什么事,茹伯特
There’s nothing going on at all, Rupert.
你,嗯
You’re, uh,
今晚不只是对事情 比较过敏,菲利普
more than usually allergic to the truth tonight, Phillip.
这是你第二次 没有说出来了.谢谢
That’s the second time you haven’t told it. Thanks.
– 第一次是什么时候? – 当你说你从没杀过鸡时
When was the first ? When you said you never strangled a chicken.
你弄糊涂了 布兰登只是在…
You’re confused. Brandon dreamt that up…

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章我是山姆
下一篇文章当怪物来敲门
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!