时光倒流七十年
(似曾相识)
理查说,名声
Richard, say, kudos.
哇,那是… 你发现这出戏的主旨了
Wow. You found some essential truth in that staging.
是吗? – 没错,很明显是有关越南的
Yeah? Absolutely. Clearly, it’s about Vietnam.
他饱受狭隘的存在主义之苦…
He suffers from suburban existential…
这是关于你想要它成为什么
It’s about whatever you want it to be about.
理查,我们喜欢这出戏 – 谢谢
Richard, we loved the play.
你能明白吗? – 完全明白
You understood it, huh? Perfectly.
我待会再跟你谈
I’ll talk to you later.
你真出色,你真出色!
You aced it. You aced it.
你是… 对不起,我不记得你的名字了
I’m sorry. I don’t know your name. Pam.
潘?这是雪莉,我的女朋友
Pam? This is Shelley, my girlfriend. Hi.
嗨,你好吗? 我是理查,我很口渴
Hi. How are you? I’m Richard and I’m thirsty.
(米尔菲德大学,1972年5月)
我们待会再谈,再见
So we’ll talk to you later. Bye-bye.
(米尔菲德大学,1972年5月)
天啊,看…嗨,丹,你好吗?
Oh! god! Hi! Dan. How are you
名声,这是出好戏,真的
That was a fine, fine play. Really.
恐怕我不知道…
Absolutely.
– 麦克尼利,芝加哥报社记者
雪莉,我想跟他谈谈,好吗?
Hey, Shelley, I gotta go talk to this guy, okay?
怎么回事? – 这是我们大家送给你的
What is happening? This is for you from all of us.
嘿,雪莉!喔,谢谢 雪莉,你看
Hey, Shelley! Thank you. Shelley, look at this.
这怎么回事? 大家都签了吗?
Wait a minute. What happened here, did everybody sign this?
对,每个人都签了 – 好极了,谢谢
Yeah, everybody signed. Fabulous. Thank you.
你签在哪里? – 里面
Where’d you sign this? I signed it inside.
好,我得到一些消息
Good, I got some news.
今晚这里有位经纪人,他说…
There was an agent in the house tonight, and he says
他认为这出戏已经够百老汇的水准
he thinks this play might be good enough for Broadway.
对,我知道
All right! Yeah. I know.
把手指这样交叉 来吧,我们来吃些蛋糕吧
Let’s keep our fingers crossed. Let’s all have some cake.
潘妮洛普,好极了!
Penelope, great!
好吧,现在,我想我们该做的是…
Okay. Now, I think this thing that we ought to do here is…
给你,我跟你交换那个
Everybody get a piece? Here you go. Let me trade you that.
我认为我们别弄坏面具 留着以后用…
I think we shouldn’t cut the mask. We save those for later.
回到我身边来
Come back to me.
她是谁?
Who was she?
我从来没见过她 – 她给了你什么?
I never saw her in my life. What’d she give you?
天啊! – 天啊!
Oh, my God.
这是派对或什么? 我们来吃些蛋糕吧
Is this a party or what? Let’s have some cake.
戏怎么样?你喜欢吗?
How was the play? Did you enjoy it?
你还好吗?
Are you all right?
(芝加哥,八年后)
啊哈! – 啊哈什么?
A-ha! “A-ha,” what?
啊哈,你要去哪里? – 我要去旅行
“A-ha,” where ya goin’? I’m going on a trip.
去哪里? – 我不知道
Where? I have no idea.
那戏呢? – 嗯,还没写好
What about the play? Well, it isn’t done.
好吧,什么时候会写好? – 我不知道
Okay. When will it be done? I don’t know.
天啊!理查 大家都在等这出戏
Oh, my God. Richard, there are people waiting for that play.
她会和你一起去吗? – 不会,我不认为
Is Jill going with you? No. I don’t think so.
我们分手了
We broke up.
白袜队今晚将在老家柯米斯基球场 迎战洋基队…
The Red Sox are at home tonight for a Comiskey Park game against the Yankees. The Cubs are just beginning a West Coast swing…
你要住多久? – 只有今晚
How long will you be with us? Just tonight.
好的,请在这里签名
Fine. If you’ll sign in here, sir.
好的
Sure.
亚瑟,313号♥房♥
Arthur, 313, please.
希望你住得愉快 – 好的,多谢
Have a pleasant stay. Thank you. Okay,
谢谢
thanks a lot.
这是你第一次来此吗? 先生贵姓?
This your first time here, Mr… Collier.
克利尔,是的,不知道为什么 我从未来过这里
Yeah. For some reason, I never got around to coming here.
我听说这里很不错 – 那是什么时候的事?
I always heard how nice it was, though. When was that?
喔,大约八年前 我那时还是米尔菲德大学的学生
About eight years ago. See, I used to be a student up at Millfield College.
对,学生有时来这里 享用餐厅和房♥间
Yeah, the students come here now and then to enjoy the restaurant and the rooms.
我记得好像在1947年时 他们在这里举办过毕业派对
It seems to me, I remember they had a graduation prom here back in ’47, was it?
喔,真的吗? 你已经在这里那么久了吗?
Really? You been here that long?
我从1910年起就在这里了
Why, I’ve been here since 1910.
1910年? – 是呀
1910? Uh-huh.
我五岁时与我父母一起来的
Came here with my parents when I was five years old.
我父亲当年是柜台接待员
Really? My father was a desk clerk.
我经常在大厅玩球 弄得他很不高兴
I used to drive him crazy playing ball in the lobby.
有时他真的很生气 所以我很幸运能活到六岁
He got so mad at me sometimes. I’m lucky I lived to be six.
三楼,乔治
Three, George.
这里风景很好
Got yourself a nice view here. Let me see.
喔,好极了
Great.
好吧,我们来看看
Okay, let’s see now. Here you go.
拿去吧 – 谢谢,克利尔先生
Thank you, Mr. Collier.
如果有要服务的地方请通知我
If there’s anything I can do for you, just let me know.
我叫亚瑟,我住在旅馆后面的小屋
My name’s Arthur and I live in the bungalow behind the hotel.
好的,多谢,待会见,亚瑟
Okay. Thanks a lot. See ya around, Arthur.
我们以前见过吗?
Have we ever met before?
我们以前见… 没有,我想没有
Have we ever… No, no. I don’t think so.
没有?我想也是 祝你住得愉快,克利尔先生
No. No. I’m sure we haven’t. Have a nice stay here, Mr. Collier.
好的,多谢
Okay, thanks a lot.
先生? – 你们什么时候开门?
Sir? Yeah, when do you open?
再过40分钟,先生 – 40分钟?
In about 40 minutes, sir. Forty minutes?
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
(历史厅)
亚瑟!嗨
Arthur! Hi.
什么事,克利尔先生?
Yes, Mr. Collier.
亚瑟,在历史厅里面…
Arthur, you know, in the Hall of History,
有一张年轻女子的照片
there’s a photograph, a young woman.
没有名牌 – 是的,那是伊莱丝麦肯娜小姐
There’s no nameplate. Yes, that’s Elise McKenna.
她是当年著名的女演员
She was a famous actress in her day.
在旅馆的剧院中演出过一出戏
Starred in a play in the hotel theater.
对不起,你说这里有剧院吗?
I’m sorry. Did you say there was a theater here?
是的,在湖边
Down by the lake.
真的吗?那出戏什么时候演出的?
Really? When was this play done?
喔…1912年
Oh, um… 1912.
1912年?
1912?
嘿,亚瑟!
Hey, Arthur!
亚瑟,嗨,听着
Arthur. Hi. Listen.
你能把行李放回我的房♥间吗? 好极了,多谢
Could you take my luggage and put it back in my suite? Great. Thanks a lot.
你能告诉我 最近的图书馆在哪里吗?
And can you tell me where the nearest library is?
在城里,过了教堂就是
In town. Right past the church.
好极了,小心 谢谢,太好了!
Great. Look out. Thanks. Terrific!
多谢!
Thanks a lot.
待会见,亚瑟!
See you around, Arthur.
好的
Yeah.

Yes.
天啊
Oh, my God.
美国舞台剧中最受尊崇的女演员之一
“One of the most revered actresses on the American stage,
多年来,她一直是最高票房♥保持人
“for many years, she was the theater’s greatest box office draw. ”
在她的经理威廉罗宾森的教导下
“Under the guidance of her manager, William Fawcett Robinson,
伊莱丝麦肯娜是第一位 在大众目光中创造神秘的美国女演员
“Elise McKenna was the first American actress “to create a mystique in the public’s eye.”
在她晚年时 从未在公开场合上见到她
“Never seen in public in her later years,
很显然,没有舞台下的私生活
“apparently, without an offstage life,
完全隐居的典型
“the absolute quintessence of seclusion. ”
请问你们有没有任何剧场传记…
Excuse me. Do you have any theater biographies
没有摆在稀有书籍或杂♥志♥架上的?
that aren’t in the racks under the rare books or magazines?
嗯,我们有一些杂♥志♥…
Well, we do have some magazines,
但在后面,我得去找…
but they’re in the back, and I’d have to find them and…
能请你帮我找吗?
Could you do that for me, please?
好吧 – 谢谢,我坐在后面
Well, all right. Thanks. I’m in the back. Okay.
好的 – 好极了!
Great!
在这里
Here you are.
喔,谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
(剧场月刊) (伊莱丝麦肯娜的晚年)
(伊莱丝麦肯娜,生前最后的照片)
什么事? – 你好,罗勃丝小姐吗?
Yes? Hello, yes. Miss Roberts?
是的 – 嗨,我叫理查克利尔
Yes. Hi. My name’s Richard Collier.
我刚读过你的有关 著名美国女演员的书
And I just read your book on famous American actresses,
我非常喜欢
and I really enjoyed it a lot.
你想要什么?
What is it you want?
有关伊莱丝麦肯娜的资料

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!