Yeah.
我知道你在想”这些人真古怪”
I know what you’re thinking. “These people are strange.”
星期天我们喜欢特别装扮 到外面走走
On Sundays, we like to dress up a little differently and go out.
-好 -好
– Ok – Okay?
我知道你会明白
I knew you’d understand!
瞧 外面人人都是相同的打扮
You see, everybody out there dresses the same.
看看外面那些可怜虫
Look at those poor, pathetic people out there.
看看他们 百无了赖
Look at them. Drones.
全都穿着乏味的相同的
All walking down the street, all look alike,
衣服逛街
all wearing the same drab, boring uniform.
你真无聊
You’re boring!
早安
Morning!
这个 瞧这个 瞧
Now, this one. Look at this. God’s gift!
给我一个吻
Give me a kiss.
一个吻 拜托
One kiss. Please.
好吧 一个吻 你只值一个
All right, one kiss. That’s all you deserve.
再来一吻 我需要多一吻
One more. I need one more.

No.
-我需要多一吻 -内森
– I have to have one more. – Nathan…
我不能放开你
Can’t keep my hands off of you.
这是 不 内森·兰道
This is… No, Nathan Landau!
斯汀戈 你认为呢
What do you think of that, Stingo, hmm?
我是不错的犹太人
Here I am, a nice Jewish boy,
当时快三十了
pushing 30.
疯狂地爱上波兰意第绪姑娘
I fall crazy in love with a Polish shiksa.
什么意思”意第绪”是什么意思
What is that? What is a “shiksa”?
意第绪是非犹太的意思 就是异教的非犹太姑娘
A shiksa is a goy girl. A lady of the Gentile persuasion.
她是
She’s a… Oh!
好吧 我还以为她是
All right. I just assumed that she was…
-她以前是犹太人 -是
– She was Jewish? – Yeah.
犹太人
Jewish?
不 我们的苏菲是天主教♥徒♥
No,no,no.No,our Sophie is Catholic.
不要紧 但我不再是天主教♥徒♥
Yeah. Well, it’s okay, but I’m not anymore Catholic, so.
她生于天主教家庭
Well, Catholic-ish.
我在这儿初次遇到她时
When I first met this one here,
她又病又瘦
she was a rag and a bone and a hank of hair.
那时距苏联人解放了
And that was a whole year-and-a-half
她被关的集中营整整一年半
after the Russians had liberated the camp she was in.
小鸟看见她当时的样子也会吓怕
Yeah, it looked like something that scares the birds.
是什么 稻草人
What is that? Scarecrow.
我得了”快血病”
I had “scurbut.”
不 她是指坏血病
No,no,no! She means scurvy.
还有斑疹伤寒 贫血和猩红热
And typhus and anemia and scarlet fever.
她能活着离开集中营真是天大的奇迹
It was a fucking miracle that she emerged from that camp alive.

Right.
我以为自己患了白血病
I mean, I thought that I had leukemia.
我以为自己快要死了
I thought I was dying.
但内森认为只是贫血
But it was Nathan that see that it was only anemia.
你是医生吗
Are you a doctor?
不是
No, no.
我哥哥才是
That’s my brother’s domain.
我是生物学家
But I’m a biologist.

Yeah!
-我在哈佛大学念科学 -哈佛
– I graduated in science from Harvard. – Harvard.
而他
And he…
发育及细胞生物学硕士
MA in Developmental and Cellular Biology.
我现在从事研究
I do research now.
他在辉瑞工作
He works at Pfizer.
辉瑞是布鲁克林的大药厂
Pfizer, it’s a big pharmaceutical house here in Brooklyn.
我带她到哥哥的朋友处
Anyway, I took her to this friend of my brother’s,
那人在哥伦比亚大学长老会医学中心任教
a doctor who teaches up at Columbia Presbyterian.

Yeah.
他证实了我的诊断
He confirmed my diagnosis.
我们让这可人儿
And we put the little sweetie here
服用大量硫酸亚铁
on massive doses of ferrous sulfate
她便开始痊愈 脸色红润的像玫瑰
and she began to bloom like a rose.
玫瑰
A rose.
玫瑰
A rose.
鲜艳的玫瑰
A beautiful fucking rose.
你真美
You’re something.
谢谢你让我像玫瑰一样地绽放
Thank you for making me to bloom like a rose.
不是”地绽放”只说”绽放”便可
Not “to bloom,” just “bloom.”
她已经不错了 快到完美的地步了
She’s so good. It’s about time she was perfect.
说”地绽放”又如何 好可笑的语言
“To bloom.” So what? I mean, this is a ridiculous language!
太多词汇了
There’s too many words!
形容”速度”的词汇 有”快速 迅速 高速”
The word for “velocity,” okay, there’s “fast, quick, rapid,”
意思全都一样
and they all mean the same thing.
高速 飞快
Swift, speedy.
急速
Hasty.
-敏捷 -轻快
– Fleet. – Brisk.
-迅速 -加速
– Expeditious. – Accelerated.
飞速
Winged.
够了 停
No, no! Stop it!
真荒谬
It’s ridiculous!
法文简单多了 只说”vita”便可
In French, it’s so easy. You say vite.
波兰文说 “szybko” 俄文说 “bystro”
Or in Polish, szybko, and in Russian, bystro.
只有英语是这么复杂
It’s only in the English it’s so complicated!
你会说多少国语言
How many languages do you know?
我爸是语言学家 我是指我
Well, my father was a linguist, so I mean, I…
他教我说德文 法文 俄文和匈牙利文
He teach me German, French, Russian, Hungarian,
斯拉夫语
the Slavic languages.
我现在搞砸的什么语言
So, what language lam butchering now?
英语
Enghsh!
我相信你父亲为人一定很有趣
I bet your father was a very interesting man.
家父是
Yeah, my father was
文明人
a civilized man.
就是那个词汇”文明”
That’s the word, yeah? “Civilized”?
-好词 -嗯
– Very good word. – Yeah?
家父是生于不文明时代的文明人
My father was a civilized man living in a non-civilized time.
死的快的都是文明人
The civilized, they was the first to die.
你会弹钢琴吗
Do you play the piano?
我以前有弹过 但
No. I used to play, but I…
现在不弹了
I no longer play.
我不再弹了
I don’t anymore.
我妈弹得很好
My mother was a beautiful pianist.
我生日那天内森送钢琴给我 我很惊喜
Nathan surprised me with that piano on my birthday!
我喜欢那乐章
I love that piece.
我记得小时候
When I was a little girl,
我躺在床上
I remember, I’d lay in bed
听妈妈在楼下弹琴
and I’d hear my mother downstairs playing the piano,
还有爸爸打字的声音
and the sound of my father’s typewriter.
我比世上任何孩子
I think no child has a more wonderful father and mother.
有更好的父母和生活
And a more beautiful life.
《天鹤》 你晓得这乐曲吧
Swanee, you know that song, right?
对啊
Stingo, hit it!
天啊
Oh, God!
我忽然颤抖得很厉害
Suddenly, I shivered violently.
我记得当晚听见内森说
I remembered Nathan’s voice that night before.
“苏菲 你不明白吗 我们快要死了”
“Don’t you see, Sophie? We are dying.”
我极想逃避
I longed desperately to escape,
我想收拾行李逃走
to pack my bags and flee.
但我没有逃
But I did not.
我还是留下了
I stayed at Yetta Zimmerman’s,
实现了苏菲对我们三人的语言
and thus I helped fulfill Sophie’s prophecy about the three of us.
我们成了挚友
We became the best of friends.
这例子证明英语可以启发♥情♥感
Here is an example of how emotionally evocative English can be.
苏菲喜欢谈内森如何救了她一命
Sophie loved to tell how Nathan saved her life.
对她来说 他们的相遇是奇迹
Their meeting was, for her, a miracle.
“因为我无法战胜死神
“Because I could not stop for Death,
“她替我击退了
“he kindly stopped for me.
“车厢中只有我们和不朽”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!