“The carriage held but just ourselves and immortality.”
押韵 押韵
Rhymes, rhymes.
要了解这语言就要下苦功
It’s not hard enough to understand the language.
只是日常用语 他要给我们读押韵句子
Just everyday life talk. He has to read us rhymes!
由艺术家写出的句子会很美
…what the beauty of the language can be when written by artists.
期待下周跟各位再见 现在请谨记
I look forward to seeing you all next week. And now remember,
你们不得丧气
you must not get discouraged.
你们会体会到的
You’ll see.
有一天早上醒来你们会发现 自己昨晚以英语入梦
One morning, you’ll wake up and find you’ve been dreaming in English.
不好意思 他说那首诗的作者是谁
Excuse me. Who did he say wrote that poem?
狄更斯
Dickens.
埃米莉·狄更斯
Emily Dickens.
谢谢
Thank you.
我只是想我们能够维持生计
All I want is that we should be able to make living…
扎维杜司基小姐 你没事吗
Are you all right, Miss Zawistowska?
没事
Yes.
谢谢 没事
Thank you, I’m very fine.
我有点累
I’m a little tired.
我发觉你近来很虚弱
I noticed that you’ve been looking, well, a little delicate lately.
希望我不会太唐突
I hope I’m not being too personal.
不 不 我
No! No, I…
可以帮我一把吗
Could you help me with that?
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你的
Thank you for your
关心
concern.
再见
Goodbye.
先生 请问一声
Excuse me, sir. Could you tell me what…
在哪里可以找到
Where would be that listing in catalog file
十九世纪美国诗人
for
埃米莉·狄更斯
19th century American poet,
的作品目录
Emily Dickens, please?
在目录室左边
In the catalog room on the left.
但你找不到她的作品目录
But you won’t find any such listing.
找不到她的作品目录
Oh, I won’t find that listing?
为何找不到
Why wouldn’t I find it?
查里·狄更斯是英国作家
Charles Dickens is an English writer.
没有姓狄更斯的美国诗人
There is no American poet by the name of Dickens.
不好意思 不 我肯定是美国诗人
I’m sorry. No, that is, I’m sure, American poet.
埃米莉·狄更斯
Emily Dickens.
听好
Listen!
-我 -我对你说过了
– D-I… – l told you!
没有这个人
There’s no such person.
-要给你画张图吗 -不
– Do you want me to draw you a picture? – No.
-听见我说的了吗 -一好的
– I’m telling you, you hear me? – All right.
好的 好的
It’s all right, it’s all right.
躺着别动
Just lie still.
把一切交给医生
Let the doctor take care of everything.
你真美
You’re so beautiful.
是 为何你长得这么美
Yes! How did you get to be so beautiful?
我想我快要死了
I think I’m going to die.
不 不
No,no,no.
不 你的脉博
No, your pulse…
你的脉博没有问题 脉博稳定
Your pulse is fine. It’s steady.
你会长命百岁
You’re going to live to be 100.
为何我这样疲倦
Why I am so tired?
医生认为要为你漂亮的肌肤添点颜色
The doctor thinks you need to get some color into that beautiful white skin of yours.
我送你去我哥那儿
I’m going to take you to see my brother.
他是最好的医生
He is the best doctor going.
不 你来
No, but you…
你以为我是医生吗
Oh, you thought I was a doctor?
不 我是生物学家
No. No, I’m a biologist.
你最近饮食正常吧
Have you been eating properly lately?
是 正常 我
Yes! Oh, yes! lam…
我来美国六个月了 而且
lam six months in here, in US and…
吃得比平生的多
So I eat more good now than in my life.
你可能是缺乏铁质 又没有机会补充
You could’ve fallen behind with iron and never had a chance to catch up.
现在我要走了 晚一点再来看你好吗
Look, I’m going to go now but may I come back later?
不 别回答我 我再回来
No, don’t answer that. I’ll be back.
好吗
Okay?

Yeah, okay.
你在那儿多久了
How long you have been there?
我在替你弄晚餐
Just long enough to get dinner started.
你看来好多了
You look much better.
你在这儿做什么
What did you do here?
真美
It looks beautiful.
我们有牛肝
We’re having calf’s liver,
含有丰富的铁元素配上香醋
prepared Veneziano in a special vinaigrette sauce,
泡制的精选菜
loaded with iron,
加入含有大量铁元素的韭葱
and leeks filled with iron.
可以令你声如洪钟
Also will improve the timbre of your voice.
尼禄每天吃韭葱令声线响亮
You know, Nero had leek served to him every day to deepen his voice.
这个我不知道
No, I didn’t know that.
好让他看着塞尼加 被马拖行分尸时高声歌♥唱
So that he could croon while he had Seneca drawn and quartered.
我来帮你
Let me help you there.
不 你不可以动
No, no! You’re not to move.
这位女士喝酒吗
Will madame taste the wine?
“玛歌♥酒庄的佳酿”
“Chateau Margaux Grand Cru.”
天啊
My God!
特别的日子喝特别的酒
Special day, special wine.
如果你
You know, when you…
如果你在生时像圣人般
When you live a good life
行善 死后
like a saint and then you die,
上了天堂便会给你喝这酒
that must be what they make you to drink in paradise.

Yeah.
汤姆斯·沃尔夫
Thomas Wolfe.
《天使望故乡》
Look Homeward, Angel.
天啊
Oh, God!
用波兰话读沃尔夫的作品是怎样的
What does Wolfe sound like in Polish?
一颗石 一片叶 冷落门庭
A stone, a leaf, an unfound door.
石的
Of a stone.
树叶
A leaf.
-门庭 -门庭
– The door. – The door.
所有已经忘记的脸孔
Of all the forgotten faces.
忘记的脸孔
Forgotten faces.
天啊 这是我第一次
God! This is a first.
听人用波兰话大声颂读沃尔夫的作品
Hearing Thomas Wolfe read aloud in Polish.
对 这也是我第一次听人用英语颂读沃尔夫的作品
Yeah, the first for me too hearing that Wolfe read in English.
如果死鬼沃尔夫听见有人用波兰话大声颂读他的作品
God, if that poor bastard Wolfe had heard you read this aloud in Polish,
他便会用波兰文写作
he would’ve written in Polish.
我想他不会
No, I don’t think so.
他会的
Oh, yeah! Oh, yes!
你以前
You were…
你以前被关在集中营吗
You were in a concentration camp?
是 我不想
Yeah, I can’t…
不想谈此事
Can’t talk about that, though.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我就是这样爱管闲事
I have a knack for sticking my big schnoz into places where it’s got no business.

I
太想了解你
want so much to know you,
跟你接近
to be close to you.
埃米莉·狄更斯
Emily, Emily Dickinson?
就是那个女人吗
That’s the woman?
噢 不
Oh, no! Oh, no!
“内森·兰道的书”
“Property of Nathan Landau.”
-是你吗 -是我
– That’s you? – That’s me.
是你的书吗
It’s your book?
不 是你的
No, it’s yours.
谢谢你
Thank you!
谢谢你
Thank you.
“让这张床宽宽敞敞
“Ample make this bed.
“让这张床充满敬畏

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!