No. I thought his collapse due to mental strain.
对一个刚度假回来的人来说
That’s a funny diagnosis for a fellow
这倒是有趣的诊断
who’s supposed to have just come from vacation.
我不能下结论
I made no medical diagnosis.
他崩溃时我感到很意外
I was shocked to see him collapse and didn’t think beyond that.
我们都很震惊 警长 他把大家都骗了
We were all pretty shocked, Sheriff. The fellow took us all in.
除了莫奇森大夫
All except Dr. Murchison.
他有没有跟你说起什么 他要去哪儿吗
And he didn’t say anything that might give you an idea of where he went?
没有
No.
他可能在外头 我们到外头去看看吧
He may be hanging around. We’ll have to go over the grounds first.
我对发生的事很抱歉 康斯坦斯
I’m sorry this has happened to you, Constance.
他的事我本来想提醒你 但我不能确定
I felt like warning you about him, but I wasn’t certain.
别在意 跟你没关系 会找到他的
Don’t worry. It’s not your fault. They’re bound to find him.
调查情况我会随时告诉你
I’ll keep you informed of the police activities.
我认为是他有计划的犯罪 像是惯犯一样
I say the fellow expected to get away with it like any criminal.
不见得 很明显是失忆症
Nonsense. Obviously, a case of amnesia.
他不知道自己是谁 不知道自己在做什么
He hadn’t the faintest notion of who he was or what he was doing.
你有什么看法 康斯坦斯
What do you say, Constance?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你只是普通人而已 康斯坦斯
You know, if you were anybody but Constance Petersen, the human glacier
不要充当正义守卫者 我是说…
and the custodian of truth, I’d say…
你要说什么
Yes, you’d say what?
亲爱的 原谅我的想法 你要说出实情
My dear, forgive me my scurvy thoughts. You are telling the truth.
我想说的是你在隐瞒什么
I was going to say that you were holding something back.
别怪我多管闲事
I’m a sentimental ass.
像你这样身份的女人
A woman like you could never become involved emotionally
是不该陷入精神患者的感情旋涡
with any man, sane or insane.
你们换个话题吧
I suggest you change the subject, Fleurot.
我有兴趣对他进行盘问
I would be very interested to ask him certain questions
等抓到他以后 无论他想些什么
when they bring him back here. No matter what you think.
那已经不可能了
You’ll never ask our mystery man any questions.
为什么?
Why not?
一个最好的理由就是警♥察♥不会活着找到他
For the very good reason, the police will never find him alive.
失忆症病人在警方的逼问下
Amnesia case of that sort with the police after him.
肯定会自杀
It’s an obvious suicide.
他无法忍♥受自己的痛苦
The fellow will put an end to his pain and nightmare fantasies
或者让自己脑袋开花 或者从窗户跳下去
either by blowing his brains out or dropping himself out of a window.
不要当彼得森大夫的面幸灾乐祸
You’re offending Dr. Petersen with your callousness.
对不起 康斯坦斯 他还像实习生一样乱说话
I’m sorry, Constance, that our staff retains the manners of medical students.
我不介意
I’m not offended.
我认为弗洛罗医生说的有道理
I think Dr. Fleurot’s ideas are quite accurate,
可是我很累了 晚安
but I’m tired. Good night.
晚安
Good night.
根据警方表示
The police have asked me to announce
我们辖区昨夜由精神医院逃走的男子
that our neighborhood roads are free of the dangerous madman
是非常危险的疯子
who escaped from Green Manors.
现在正搜捕这位逃往曼哈顿的冒名者
The search for the impostor has shifted to Manhattan.
这里是WQZK电台的乔治·贝尔
This is WQZK Brooklyn, George Bell.
我们现在恢复综艺节目
We now resume our regularly scheduled program.
好不容易坐下来歇歇
Sure feels good to take the weight off your feet.
我是匹兹堡人
I’m from Pittsburgh.
那儿是个好地方
There’s a town for you.
那地方人可好啊
Really can meet people in Pittsburgh.
很友好
Friendly.
住在这个鬼地方 大家老死不相往来
Fellow could live and die in this town, and he couldn’t meet nobody.
既然认识了 我们俩找个地方
How about you and me having a nice little drink together
去喝一杯吧
now that we’re acquainted?
不 谢谢 我…
No, thank you. I…
你对我摆什么架子
You don’t have to be so snooty about it.
你要知道 在我们那儿比你好的多的是
I’ll have you know, madam, that I know better people than you in Pittsburgh.
我确信只要一有机会 你肯定能广交朋友
Yeah, I’m sure you’re a great social success, given half a chance.
那我们可以聊聊
Now you’re talking.
这是公共场合 请放庄重点
Do you mind not sitting in my lap in public?
好了 行了
That’s enough of that.
走吧
Beat it.
告诉你 我住在这个旅馆 你是个什么人
I’ll have you know, I’m a guest in this hotel. Who do you think you are?
我是便衣纠察 快走吧
I’m the house detective. Get going.
这鬼地方真不像话
This town’s getting worse and worse.
小姐 你坐 你用不着走
That’s all right, lady, you don’t have to go.
对不起 让你受气了 我注意你半天了
I’m sorry you were being annoyed. I’ve been watching you for some time,
估计会出这样的事儿
and I figured something like this might happen.
我们便衣纠察的责任就是防患于未然
The chief duty of a house detective is to spot trouble in advance.
你不住在这儿吧
You’re not registered here, are you?

No.
我看也不是 你老是走来走去的
I didn’t think so, the way you were wandering around.
是找人吗
Looking for somebody?
不用害怕
Don’t be afraid of me.
我注意到你一定遇到麻烦 从外地来
I’ve got you spotted as a lady in trouble and from out of town.
学校老师呢 还是图书管♥理♥员♥
Schoolteacher or librarian, which is it?
学校老师
Schoolteacher.
我想也是
I thought so.
他们总是丢了什么东西的样子
They always look like they just lost something.
我能效劳吗?
Maybe I can help you.
不用了 谢谢
I don’t think so, thank you.
看上去你在找人
Looking for some man, I suppose.
肯定是你的亲人
Must be a relative.
瞧你急的那样 我看八成…
And from the worried look, I’d say a pretty close one.
是找你丈夫
A husband, for instance.
你可真厉害
I’m really amazed.
猜对了?
I hit it, huh?
你怎么知道
But how could you tell?
我也懂得一点心理学 特别是干我们这一行
I’m a kind of a psychologist. You know, you got to be in my line.
那么现在 请你补充一点细节好吗
Now, would you mind filling in a few of the blank spaces for me?
没什么 我们只是吵了架
No. It’s just that we quarreled.
事后感到后悔 就追上来了对吗?
And then you got sorry and came running after him.
这事很正常
That’s the usual psychology.
但又无法面对丈夫
But now you’re afraid to face him.
不 不
No, no.
不知道他住哪层
It’s that I don’t know what room he’s in.
他跟朋友说 他要来这儿住是用他的化名
He told a friend he was coming to this hotel but under a different name
所以找不着了
so I couldn’t find him.
我一定要找他赔不是 好让他消消气
But I must find him and apologize and make him feel better.
他哪天来的
When did he arrive here?
昨天早晨
Yesterday morning.
他长得什么样?
Give me a description of him.
他长得很高 很漂亮
He’s very tall and attractive.
是黑头发 脸上挺有神
Dark hair, a rather rugged face
一双褐色眼睛 拎个皮箱
and brown eyes and one suitcase.
我去查一查
I’ll go check on him.
查到他没?
Did you find him?
找到些线索
Well, I think we got a line.
昨天来了大约25个像你描述的人
About 25 guys answering your description registered here yesterday.
这是他们登记卡 你可以对照他的笔迹
These are their registration cards. You might recognize the handwriting.
你可真聪明
That’s very clever of you.
这是他的笔迹
This is his handwriting.
约翰·布朗?
John Brown, huh?
这算是什么化名 3033房♥间
Not much imagination for an alias. Room 3033.
太谢谢了 否则我要在这儿干坐一天了
Thank you very much. I was going to sit here all day watching for him.
那可不嘛 是我应该做的 我也有老婆
I know you would. I’m glad to be of service. I’m a married man myself
老婆追着丈夫来道歉 这种心情我太理解了
and I know how it feels to have a wife come chasing after you to apologize.
康斯坦斯
Constance.
你来干嘛
What did you come for?
你没有这个必要
You don’t owe me anything.
我自己觉得有必要
I’m going to do what I want to do.
我要照顾你 医治你 和你待在一起
Take care of you, cure you, and remain with you till that happens.
这不行 你这是窝藏犯人
But you can’t, you can’t help hide a criminal.
你这样会影响你做医生的
You’re not going to jeopardize your standing as a doctor.
你事业才刚起步 不能做这样的傻事
You’re just getting started. I won’t let you be stupid about it.
没有你我不能活
I couldn’t bear it away from you.
昨天一整天提心吊胆 就像我是犯人
I went through yesterday holding my breath as if I were being hunted.
我吃不下 什么也干不了 就想着你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!