“唐 吾爱 我苦候多时 你却没有回来”
“一切请务必小心 别忘了好好睡觉”
“记得吃饭 请打电♥话♥给我 务必要打电♥话♥给我 海伦”
“裸麦威士忌”
号♥码牌在这里
“瓶中物”
“唐柏南的长篇小说”
“仅以此书献给海伦吾爱”
“海瑞和乔的酒吧 专门供应上等美酒”
“海瑞和乔的酒吧”
“奈特酒吧”
“布隆当铺”
“联合慈善贷款”
“现金 珠宝”
“烈酒”
“现金交换大衣及女士皮草”
“亲爱的韦克 至于我的告别式”
“我不求任何鲜花 只求有几个好笑话伴我上路”
“永别了 唐 绝笔”
最好带上这个 唐
You’d better take this along, Don.
乡下比较冷 – 好吧
It’s gonna be cold on the farm. – Okay.
你带了多少件衬衫?- 三件
How many shirts are you taking? – Three.
我带了五件 – 五件?
I’m taking five. – Five?
我已经跟公♥司♥交代了 可能星期二才回来
I told them at the office I might not be back until Tuesday.
我们今天下午出发
We’ll get there this afternoon.
这样就有星期五 六 日 一
That’ll give us all Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
可以渡过一个美好的长周末假期
We’ll make it a long, wonderful weekend.
听起来的确很漫长
Sounds long, all right.
唐 在你经历过那么多之后 这对你一定有好处
It’ll be good for you, Don, after what you’ve been through.
那里有树木 草原 甜美的苹果汁和浓郁的鲜乳
Trees and grass and sweet cider and buttermilk…
那里的井水 比任何冰水都还清凉
and water from that well that’s colder than any other…
韦克 拜托你
Wick, please.
不要一直提那些无趣的饮料
Why this emphasis on liquids? Very dull liquids.
唐 真对不起
Sorry, Don.
我想…
You know,
我们应该带着我的打字机
I think it’d be a good idea if we took along my typewriter.
为什么?
What for?
这样 我就可以开始写我那本小说
To write. I’m gonna write there, get started on that novel.
你真的想要写作吗?- 为什么不呢?
You really feel up to writing? – Why not?
在你经历了那么多之后
I mean, after what you’ve been through.
我已经十天滴酒不沾了 – 我知道
I haven’t touched the stuff for 10 days now. – I know.
我知道
I know you haven’t, Don.
那台打字机在哪?- 客厅
Where is the typewriter? – In the living room.
就放在衣橱里面
In the closet.
靠墙的地方
Kinda towards the back.
你确定是在衣橱里?我找不到
Are you sure it’s in the closet? I can’t find it.
那试试桌子旁边
Well, look by the desk.
你平常不是都放床下吗?
Isn’t it under your bed?
你找到了吗?- 没错 就在这里
Did you find it? – Oh, sure, sure. Here it is.
这些纸也带着
And here’s some paper.
我会帮你在南院找一张桌子
We’ll fix up a table on the south porch.
然后 吩咐大家别去打扰你
Nobody will disturb you. I’ll see to it.
或许星期六的时候
Maybe Saturday,
我们可以去乡村俱乐部走走
we can run down to the country club.
我才不要去那个俱乐部 – 为什么?
I’m not going near that country club. – Why not?
他们全是一群伪君子
They’re all a bunch of hypocrites.
我不喜欢被人指指点点
I don’t like to be whispered about.
他们会说”看是谁从纽约来了 是柏南兄弟啊”
“Look who’s here from New York. The Birnam brothers.”
或许说”护士和病人” 会更恰当一点
Or rather, the nurse and the invalid.
别这样 那边没人知道你的事
Oh, stop it, Don. Nobody there knows about you.
才怪 只要我们一下火车 他们就会发布警报
The minute we get off the train, the alarm is sounded.
“酒鬼回来了 大家快把酒藏好”
“The leper is back. Hide your liquor.”
是海伦来了 – 我去开门
That’s Helen. – I’ll take it.
海伦 – 哈啰 韦克 唐呢?
Helen. – Hello, Wick. Where’s Don?
真高兴我赶上了
I’m glad I made it.
我还怕你们已经走了呢 你的礼物
I was afraid you’d be gone. Presents.
这是塞伯的新书 里面有很多笑话和插图
The new Thurber book with comical jokes and pictures…
加上阿嘉莎·克莉丝蒂的双重谋杀悬案
a nice, quiet little double-murder by Agatha Christie…
还有香烟和口香糖
cigarettes, chewing gum,
亲爱的 希望你假期愉快
and, darling, have a wonderful time.
别忘了 我要你多睡点 多喝点牛奶
And don’t forget: Lots of sleep, lots of milk…
还要多喝点苹果汁和清凉的井水 我知道了
Lots of cider and lots of nice cold water from the well. I know.
弯下腰来
Bend down.
我得走了
And now I must be going.
我快要赶不上我的音乐会了
I’m ten minutes late for the concert already.
再见 韦克 – 什么音乐会?
So long, Wick. – What concert?
就在卡内基音乐厅
Carnegie Hall. Bob Roller’s conducting.
公♥司♥送了我两张票
They gave me two tickets at the office.
你要跟谁一起去?- 就我一个
Who are you going with? – Nobody.
就你一个人?他们要演奏些什么曲目?
Nobody? What are they playing?
布拉姆斯的第二交响曲
Brahms’ second symphony,
还有些贝多芬和韩德尔的作品
something by Beethoven, something by Handel…
只是没有格里格的 – 听起来很棒
and not one note of Grieg. – Sounds wonderful.
再见了 星期一见
Good-bye, boys. See you Monday.
星期二 – 等一下
Tuesday. – Wait a minute.
韦克 我有个疯狂的想法 – 比如呢
Wick, I just had a crazy idea. – As for instance?
谁说我们非得搭三点十五的火车
Who says we have to take the 3:15 train?
我们可以改搭六点三十分的那班
We could go on the 6:30.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
如果我们搭乘晚一班的火车
If we took a later train,
海伦就不用一个人去听音乐会了
Helen wouldn’t have to go the concert by herself.
她明明有两张票 不是吗?
She’s got two tickets, hasn’t she?
不 我不要你们为我改变计划
No. No, I’m not going to upset any of your plans.
你们就搭三点十五分的那班
You’re going on the 3:15.
海伦 别傻了
Oh, now, Helen, it’s so silly.
那么大个音乐会 你怎么能一个人去
A whale of a concert, and an empty seat next to you.
但我们都计划好了
No, Don. Everything’s all set.
有人会在火车站接我们 晚餐也都事先预订了
They’ll be at the station and dinner will be waiting.
那就通知他们说 我们会晚点到
Put in a call that we’re taking a later train,
晚餐改成九点 这样十点就能就寝
dinner at 9:00, in bed by 10:00.
不行 我们还是照原计划进行
Nothing doing. We’re going.
韦克说得对
Wick is right.
别担心我
Don’t worry about that seat.
我会替我自己找一位英俊的南美百万富翁作陪
I’ll find myself a handsome South American millionaire.
我就是担心这个
There you are. You hear?
更何况 我们也未必赶得上这班火车
Besides, we’d have to break our necks to catch the train.
差五分就要三点了 – 就是嘛
It’s five to 3:00. – You see?
别这么不知变通
Don’t be so stubborn, Wick.
好吧 你们去吧
All right, go ahead.
等等 我没说我要去
Just a minute. I’m not going.
你在说什么啊
Then what are we talking about?
我是希望你去 你和海伦
I want you to go… you and Helen.
我和海伦?
Me and Helen.
没错 你比较喜欢布拉姆斯
That’s the idea. Who likes Brahms, you or I?
你从什么时候开始不喜欢布拉姆斯了?
Since when don’t you like Brahms?
我要留在这里继续打包
I’ll just stick around here and finish packing,
然后睡个午觉
take a little nap, maybe.
别胡扯 海伦是你的女友 应该你陪她
Nonsense. If anybody goes… Helen’s your girl.
唐 这听起来不太单纯
There’s something in that.
更何况 你不该一个人独处
What’s more, I don’t think you should be left alone.
你们无法信任我 对不对?- 不
I shouldn’t? Not to be trusted, is that it? – No.
真的 唐…- 在你经历过那些事之后
Really, Don. – After what you’ve been through…
就是因为这样 所以我不能去听音乐会
I couldn’t go to a concert. I couldn’t face the crowds.
我无法面对群众 我不能忍♥受跟那么多人共处
I couldn’t sit through it with all those people.
除此之外
Besides,
我只想给自己几个小时清静一下
I wanna be alone for a couple hours to kind of assemble myself.
难道这样的要求太过份了吗?
Is that such an extraordinary thing to want?
你能不能不要这么激动
Don’t act so outraged, would you mind?
你还有什么指教?- 拜托你们 别吵了
All right. Anything else? – Please, boys.
我们走吧 海伦
Come on, Helen.
你乖乖待在这里 – 我还能上哪去?
You’ll stay right here. – Where would I go?
所以我们回来时你会在这里?
Then you’ll be here when we come back?
我不会离开这间公♥寓♥的
I told you I’m not leaving.
你答应过我们很多事
You’ve told us a good many things, Don.
你若是信不过我 就拿走钥匙
If you don’t believe me, take my keys,
把我像狗一样反锁在家里
lock me in like a dog!
我们必须相信唐
We’ve got to trust Don.
除此之外 没别的办法了
That’s the only way.
对不起 唐 我们走吧 海伦
Sorry, Don. Let’s go, Helen.
唐 再见 – 再见