Young people from all over the globe…
全世界的青年男女
are joining up to fight for the future.
为全人类的未来奋战
I’m doing my part. I’m doing my part.
我要出力 我要出力
I’m doing my part. I’m doing my part too.
我要出力 我也要出力
They’re doing their part, are you?
他们全在出力 你呢?
Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world.
加入机动部队 拯救世界
Service guarantees citizenship.
入伍就能获得公民权
The bugs send another meteor our way…
虫族陨石再度侵犯地球
but this time we’re ready.
这次我们有所准备
Planetary defences are better than ever.
地球的防卫日益精良
Klendathu, source of the bug meteor attacks…
虫族陨石来自克兰达夫星球
orbits a twin star system whose brutal gravitational forces…
环绕着双子星系统运行
produce an unlimited supply of bug meteorites…
附近的带状行星群带来
in the form of this asteroid belt.
大量的虫族陨石
To ensure the safety of our solar system…
为了捍卫太阳系
Klendathu must be eliminated.
必须消灭克兰达夫星球
We break net now and take you live to Klendathu…
现在从克兰达夫星球现场
where the invasion has begun.
转播这场大战
EXQ uplink on two, one. You’re on.
卫星连线 2…1…开始
We’vejust landed here on what cap troopers… Move, move, move!
我们刚降落在… 快 快 快!
are calling Big K, Come on! Move, move!
被称为大K星的战场 快! 走! 走!
with the 6th Mobile Infantry Division! Come on!
第六机动部队正展开攻击 快!
It’s an ugly planet, a bug planet!
这丑陋的星球全是大虫
A planet hostile to life as we know it!
威胁人类的生存
Help me!
救命啊!
Come on! Go, go, go! Keep moving!
快走 快 快 快!
Get out of here now!
快离开这里
Kitten, no!
基顿 不!
Rico. Rico. Rico!
瑞哥…瑞哥…瑞哥!
Pay attention.
专心点
Sorry, Mr Rasczak.
对不起 瑞斯加科先生
Let’s sum up.
总而言之
This year we explored the failure of democracy
今年我们谈过民♥主♥制度失败的原因
Bad boy. how the social scientists brought our world…
坏家伙 社会学家…
to the brink of chaos.
让世界陷入混乱
We talked about the veterans, how they took control…
我们谈到退伍军人终于接管统治…
and imposed the stability that has lasted for generations since.
长久以来使得地球得以安定
You know these facts…
这些是事实让你们学到了什么?
but have I taught you anything of value this year?
我问你为何只有公民才能投票?
You. Why are only citizens allowed to vote?
你 为什么只有公民才有投票权?
It’s a reward,
这是一种奖赏
what the Federation gives you for doing Federal Service.
那是为联邦政♥府♥服务得到的奖励
No. No.
不对 不对
Something given has no value.
赐与的权利没有价值
Look, when you vote, you are exercising political authority.
投票权是政♥治♥权
You’re using force. And force, my friends, is violence,
那就是力量 力量就是暴♥力♥
the supreme authority from which all other authority is derived.
暴♥力♥是所有权力的来源
Uh, my mother always said violence never solves anything.
我妈妈说暴♥力♥解决不了问题
Really?
真的?
I wonder what the city fathers of Hiroshima would say about that.
我真好奇广岛之父会不会这么说
You.

They probably wouldn’t say anything. Hiroshima was destroyed.
大概不会这么说 因为广岛被炸了
Correct.
没错
Naked force has resolved more issues…
历史证明赤♥裸♥裸的…
throughout history than any other factor.
暴♥力♥解决许多问题
The contrary opinion, that violence never solves anything,
暴♥力♥解决不了问题的论调…
is wishful thinking at its worst.
…只是自欺欺人的想法
People who forget that always pay.
忘记历史教训的人将付出代价
Rico, what’s the moral difference, if any…
瑞哥 在道德上…
between a civilian and a citizen?
公民和平民有何不同?
A citizen accepts personal responsibility for the safety…
公民接受政♥府♥赋与的责任…
of the body politic, defending it with his life.
并且誓死捍卫地球
A civilian does not. The exact words of the text.
平民则不然 标准答案
But do you understand it? Do you believe it?
可是你了解吗? 你相信吗?
I don’t know. Of course you don’t.
不知道 那是当然的
I doubt anyone here would recognize civic virtue…
就算是死到临头
if it reached up and bit you in the ass.
你们都不了解公民的责任 第三节下课 第四节五分钟后上课
Not here.
别在这里
Come on, let’s see if they posted the math final.
来吧 咱们去看数学课的成绩
Rico, we gonna take Tesla? We’re gonna kill ’em.
瑞哥 赢得了泰斯拉队吗? 我们会痛宰他们
Remember, all graduating seniors must fill out a 710 form.
记住 毕业生都得填写710表格
First thing Fleet Academy looks at is your math scores.
星舰军校最重视数学成绩
Wish me luck.
祝我好运
Way to go. Good job.
路要走 干得好
Your turn. Hold on.
该你了 等一下
I want to talk to Marco. His sister’s at Fleet.
我去找马可 他姐姐在星际舰队
Marco. Hi, Carmen.
马可 嗨 卡门
What do you hear about Roxy? She made pilot.
你姐有消息吗? 她当上飞行员
Thirty-five percent. Very nice.
35% 真棒
Look at that. Thirty-five percent, ladies and gentlemen.
大伙看 35%
Big numbers.
分数真高
Carl. Sorry.
卡尔 抱歉
So, you haven’t done it yet, have you? Don’t lie.
你们还没上♥床♥吧 别骗我
I’m not in any hurry.
我并不急
Others are waiting. And?
有人在等你 那么?
Did you read her mind? Don’t have to.
你能猜到她在想什么? 不必猜
It’s pretty clear what she wants.
她在想什么很明显
Yeah, but I want Carmen.
是呀 我要的是卡门
Aw, you got it bad. Bye, Marco.
你想得要死 再见 马可
Hey, don’t forget about this afternoon.
别忘了下午的事
He’s always late when he walks you home to fish for a kiss.
他老是为了亲你芳泽耽误正事
Get out of here.
快走开
Marco’s sister made pilot. So will you.
马可的姐姐当上飞行员 你也会的
I mean, imagine flying a half a million tons of starship.
想想看 如果要驾驶五十万吨♥重的星际战舰
You gotta have nerves of steel.
你就得勇气十足
Yeah, you do. Let’s see how yours hold up.
当然 你有没有种呢?
You may begin.
开始吧
Aw, come on, it’s just a bug. You better put your goggles on.
这只是一只虫 戴上护镜
“Just a bug.”
只是一只虫?
We humans like to think we are nature’s finest achievement.
人类自以为是大自然主宰者
I’m afraid it just isn’t true.
其实并不然
This Arkellian sand beetle is superior in many ways.
这只甲虫远比人类优良
It reproduces in vast numbers, has no ego…
它的繁殖力很强 没有私心…
has no fear, doesn’t now about death…
不会恐惧 绝不怕死
and so is the perfect selfless member of society.
它是虫族社会完美的一份子
But humans have created art, mathematics…
人类创造了艺术数学…
and interstellar travel.
和星际旅行
True. But before you let that go to your head…
没错 不过千万别自大
take the example of the Arachnids…
就拿阿瑞克尼虫族来说
a highly evolved insect society.
那是高度进化的社会
By human standards, they are relatively stupid…
以人类的标准来说它们的智慧很低
but their evolution stretches over millions of years…
它们却有数百万年的进化史
and now… Here, take this.
现在 这儿 拿着
they can colonize planets…
它们能够把胚种
by hurling their spore into space.
送入太空占领别的星球
Okay, I think we got it.
应该找到了
That’s the heart.
这是心脏
And here’s the stomach.
这是胃囊
Nerves of steel, huh?
这算勇气十足?
Don’t think about it. Just go on instinct.
别费力去想 凭你的直觉想像画面
Try to visualize it.
试着将它形象化
I see the ace of spades.
我看到黑桃A
You know, statistically speaking,
统计学上的概率
you should have accidentally guessed right by now.
你知道就算瞎猜 到现在也该猜中了吧! !
Try another. So my psychic abilities are zero and I’m unlucky.
再试一次 我不会心灵感应 而且运气也很背
No, luck’s not a factor.
这跟运气无关
No one really knows why some people are sensitive and some aren’t.
有些人就是特别灵敏
Who knows? Maybe it’s a new stage of human evolution.
谁知道? 也许这是人类下一步的进化
That’s why they do these kind of Federal studies.
所以才有这种研究
What… Cyrano… Oh, shit. Time out.
西哈诺 该死 暂停

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!