Well, we’re… we’re running short of fuel.
– 那些子弹就像蚊子叫 – 他们不信有人能办到?
– The bullets sound like mosquitoes. – Cos who could?
我们给了他们一把掌!
I felt like clapping at them!
这下要他们好看了 上帝万岁
Well, we showed ’em! Hip, hip, hooray!
我掌舵还不错吧
Was my handling of the boat all right?
是的
Well, yes, miss.
不过 你还需要练
It was better than all right, miss.
我现在去加一点
We’d better put in someplace.
好了 我先抽一下水 船里都能游泳了
Well, I… better do some pumping, we’ll be swimming pretty soon.
– 来 我来抽吧 – 哦 不不不 小姐
– Oh, let me do that. – Oh, no, miss.
我来吧 你去砍柴 好吧
No, please let me, while you get fuel.
慢一点 小姐 不要太累
Easy does it, miss. Don’t wear yourself out.
刚才在岸上扎了根刺
Picked up a thorn in my foot.
– 鞋底被扎透了 – 我看看
– It’s gone right through the sole. – Let me.
啊谢谢你
Oh, thank you, miss.
你 你知道 你知道那是什么花吗? 奥尔纳特先生
Do you…recognise these flowers, Mr Allnut?
啊?
Huh?
以前我没见过
I’ve never seen them before.
以前 我好像也没见过
Well, I can’t say as I have, either.
也许没人见过
Perhaps no one has.
也许根本就没有名字
I don’t suppose they even have a name.
不管有没有名字 反正很好看
Whether they have or not, they… sure are pretty.
奥尔纳特先生
Mr Allnut.
亲爱的
Dear.
啊…
Well…

well, now.
我真有福气 在床上吃早饭
This is more like it… breakfast in bed.
两勺糖正合适 对吧?
Two spoonfuls of sugar is right, isn’t it?
我还没醒 你就起来生火做饭了
Fancy you building a fire and all while I slept.
亲爱的 能告诉我你的名字吗?
Dear, what is your first name?
– 查理 – 查理
– Charlie. – Charlie.
多好的名字 查理 查理
That’s a nice name. Charlie, Charlie.
来 亲我一下
Give us a kiss.
查理 亲爱的
Charlie. Charlie.
这地方我越看越觉得它美极了
The more I look at this place, the prettier it gets.
其实这儿大概是我到过的最美的地方
I expect it’s just about the prettiest place I’ve ever been to.
我不是说我不想再往下走 这你能理解
Not that I ain’t all for going on down the river.
我当然想马上炸掉那个路易莎号♥
The sooner we blow up the Luisa, the better.
我发誓
What I meant was…
我只是想将来再回到这儿来
I’d like to come back here someday.
– 你觉得我们能行 – 能行 当然能行
– Then you think we can do it. – Of course we can.
只要相信自己 没有办不到的事情
Nothing a man can’t do if he believes in himself.
永远不要灰心 我就是这样
Never say die, that’s my motto.
我担心过
I’ve had misgivings.
我担心整个计划都是错的
as beginning to think the whole thing was a mista
你怎么啦? 我说罗茜
How’s that, miss, I mean, Rosie?
我有时感到很虚弱
I had a moment of weakness.
哦 如果你感到虚弱就休息一两天 不会耽误什么的
If you’re weak, a day or two here won’t make any difference.
不 查理 不能停下来
Oh, no. We’ll go on.
好在你很有力气 查理
Thank heaven for your strength, Charlie.
哦! 不!
Oh! No!
罗茜 你听
Hey, Rosie. Listen.
啊刚才我们差一点就完了
We nearly done it that time.
– 不知道损坏程度怎么样 – 我们先把水弄出去
– How much damage have we done? – Let’s get the water out and see.
至少比我们想像的好一些
Yeah. Better than we could have hoped for.
这船挺结实的 没有水渗进来
Skin’s tight, no water coming in.
刚才停船前是什么声音在响?
What was that clattering before we stopped?
啊这个还没弄清楚 宝贝
That’s what we gotta find out.
怎么才能弄清楚? 亲爱的
How are you going to do that, dear?
我得到船下面去仔细看看
I gotta go down underneath and take a look.
希望船底下没有急流
I hope there’s no fancy currents down there.
好了 我下去了
Well, here goes.
– 看出什么了吗? 亲爱的 – 是的
– Could you see anything, dear? – Yeah.
舵杆扭成了麻花 螺旋桨掉了一个叶片
Shaft’s twisted like a corkscrew, and there’s a blade off the prop.
那我们得把它修好
We’ll have to mend it, then.
修好? 没法修
Mend it? Ha. Fat chance.
为什么? 亲爱的 你说我们现在该怎么办?
Oh, why is that, dear? What should we have to do before we can go on?
我告诉你 如果在林巴西船台的滑道上该怎么办
I’ll tell you what we could do if we was back in Lubumbashi.
先把破船托起来
We could pull this old tub out,
取下舵杆 运到修理车间请锻工把它打直
haul the shaft to the workshop and forge it straight again.
然后就得给厂家写信
We could write the makers for a new prop.
买♥♥新的螺旋桨 他们也许有存货 因为这船还不到30年
They might even have one, as this boat’s only 30 years old.
这段时间我们就清理船底
While we wait, we could clean ‘er bottom, paint ‘er up.
如果一切顺利 再把舵杆和新螺旋桨装上 然后下水航行
Then we put the new shaft in and the new prop and go on our way.
可这儿不是林巴西
But this ain’t Lubumbashi.
不用上岸你有办法取下舵杆吗?
Couldn’t you straighten the shaft without taking the boat up on shore?
哦 谁知道呢 也许可以
Uh…I don’t know. I might.
那得在水下作业 假如 也许能够取下来
Means working under water. Could be done, maybe.
假如能把舵杆弄到岸上 你有办法把它打直吗?
If you could get the shaft up on shore, could you straighten it?
可是我没有炼炉 没有铁砧 没有煤炭我什么都没有
I ain’t got no anvil, hearth, coal, I ain’t got nothin’!
以前我见过当地人打铁 用木炭烧
I saw a Masai native working once using charcoal
在凹形的石头上打
on a big hollow stone.
有个男孩扇火
He had a boy to fan the charcoal.
哦 对 我也见过
Yeah, I’ve seen that.
不过我想用风箱 做风箱很简单
I’d use a bellows myself… make one easy enough.
哦 你觉得能行就行
Well, if you think that would be better.
这河岸上到处都是木材
There’s lots and lots of firewood on the bank.
那就试试看?
Why don’t you try it?
哦 不
No. No, no.
不 根本就没用 罗茜宝贝
It ain’t no use, Rosie.
我刚才忘了螺旋桨少了叶片
I was forgetting the prop… blade’s gone.
少个叶片就不能走吗?
Can’t we use the blades that are left?
那就不平衡了 不到五分钟舵杆又会打麻花
The prop would be off balance. The shaft would be twisted up again.
那就再做一个叶片
We’ll have to make a new blade.
有那么多铁器可以用
There’s lots of iron and stuff that you could use.
绑在上面 是吗?
Yeah. Tie it on!
当然 能绑也可以
Well, if you think that would do, but…
不过要是能焊不更好吗?
wouldn’t it be better to weld it on?
我说对了 是吗? 焊上去?
Isn’t that the right word, dear? Weld it on?
我说你真行啊罗茜 你可真行
You’re a one, Rosie. Really, you are.
是叫”焊”吗? 亲爱的
But isn’t “weld” the right word?
你知道我说的意思 对吧
You know what I mean even if it isn’t.

Yeah.
我快把半条河都喝下去了
I swallowed half the river that time.
你在下面时间太长了 我好害怕
You were down there an awfully long time.
舵杆取不下来 它卡住了
The shaft don’t want to come, it’s stuck!
– 查理 – 啊?
– Charlie. – Huh?
– 我来帮你吧 怎么帮 – 你想干什么?
– Let me help you. – What are you going to do?
– 我也下水去 – 罗茜 你疯了 下面的水流非常急!
– I’m going down there. – Rosie, the currents are fierce!
我不想要个淹死的女人
I don’t want a drowneded woman on my hands.
你什么都想试试
What will you be thinking of next?
好了… 我下去
Well… here goes.
假如小时候父亲教我学铁匠
If my dad had put me to blacksmithing when I was a kid,
我想我绝不会跑到非洲来的
I don’t think I should have ever come to Africa.
我可能
I might have…
当然 那就遇不到你了 我亲爱的宝贝
but then I wouldn’t have met you, Rosie, old girl.
哦 查理
Charlie.
好了 那里
Well. There.
我看 我能做到只有这个样子了
That’s about as good as I could get it.
也没用多长时间吧
Didn’t take so long, neither.
至于叶片 那就是另一♥码♥事了 我得做一个
Blade’ll be different. I gotta make that.
转得很正常 可问题不在这儿
It turns right enough, but that don’t mean nothing.
开足马力时能不能吃得住? 这是关键
Question is, will she stand up under a full head of steam?
答案在前面摆着
Well, we’ll get the answer out there.
如果不行只有靠上帝了
The Lord help us if it ain’t the right one.
看来这条老河又跑又跳终于感觉累了
Looks like this old river got tired of all the running and jumping
所以他决定躺下来休息一会儿
and decided to rest for a while.
这儿肯定是两个名字的交界地 下面的河叫博拉
This must be where the river changes her name from Ulanga to Bora.
你说得很对
Ah, pinch me, Rosie.
现在我们进入了博拉河
Here we are, going down the river
就像安东尼和克娄巴特拉那样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!