Home 悬疑电影 大钟(1948)

大钟(1948)

0
大钟(1948)

哦 对不起
Oh, sorry.
哦 内洛普
Oh, Penelope.
你忘了把溜冰鞋拿开了
You forgot to put away your roller skates.
黑板上的线索更多了
The board certainly is coming along fine.
我们已经差不多知道这个人的轮廓了
I’d say we’re getting a pretty good picture of the man.
酗酒 油画收藏家 行为古怪
Drinker, collects paintings. Eccentric.
害怕钟表 善于言谈
Clock phobia, glib talker.
花♥花♥公♥子♥ 并且已婚
Ladies’ man. And married.
– 你妻子看到这种情况会怎么样? – 我妻子?
– How’d you like your wife to see that, George? – My wife?
任何妻子见到之后都会大怒
Well, any wife. She’d start shooting before you could open your mouth.
我来接
I’ll take it.
喂? 是的 唐 我是乔治
Hello? Yes, Don, this is George.
什么? 你找到了?
What? You have?
– 她叫什么名字? – 宝琳·约克
– Who is she? – Pauline York.
她曾经在设计部当模特 帕特森认识她
She modeled for Styleways once. Patterson recognized her.
她在古玩店想自己买♥♥那幅画
She was in the antique shop trying to buy that picture herself.
约克和一个男人买♥♥走了那幅画
York was with a man who outbid her.
我现在就去拜访约克
I’m going over to see York right now.
唐? 等等… 你来指挥这里
Don? Now, wait a minute… You take over.
– 什么事? – 新的线索
– What is it? – New lead.
“可能发生在你身上”
“It Might Have Happened To You,”
这里是”安全第一”节目
the “Safety First”program is on the air.
为公众服务的节目 “可能发生在你身上”…
Presented as a public service, “It Might Have Happened To You”…
每周在美国不同的城市 和你见面
comes to you each week from a different American city.
都是真实的故事 “可能发生在你身上”…
Dramatized from real life, “It Might Have Happened To You”…
希望在高速公路 和小路上减少死亡率
hopes to reduce the appalling casualty rate on our highways and byways.
这个星期 悲剧发生在艾尔斯伯格
This week, tragedy strikes in Elksburg.
一个繁荣的中西部小镇
A flourishing town in the Midwest,
我们以前曾经听过 关于布兰德先生的故事
where we hear the story of Mr. Bundy’s extra little nip.
艾尔斯伯格政♥府♥管弦乐队
The Elksburg Municipal Orchestra,
开创了美国组合音乐的新篇章
opens now with an American medley.
– 喂 唐 – 乔治 你见到约克女士了吗?
– Hello, Don. – George, have you seen Miss York?
是的 见到约克女士了 都问明白了
Yeah, I saw Miss York. Got all the information.
– 那个人是谁? – 杰斐逊·伦道夫 彼得斯堡的出版商
– Who’s the guy? – Jefferson Randolph, publisher from Pittsburgh.
他在那里有自己的印刷厂 我希望你坐飞机去那里
He’s got his own plant down there. I want you to hop on a plane.
去寻找关于他的线索
Find out all you can about him.
去询问商会和市长谈谈
Check the chamber of commerce, talk to the mayor.
有人会知道他在哪里的… 出租车
Somebody’ll know where he is… Taxi!
– 然后给我们汇报 明白吗? – 我是艺术编辑 不是调查员
– Then call us back, understand? – George, I’m an art editor, not an investigator.
乔纳森的命令 唐 快走 拉加达机场
Janoth’s orders, Don. Go ahead. La Guardia Field.
– 但是我的牙刷和睡衣呢? – 公♥司♥会跟你报销的
– But my toothbrush and pajamas? – Put it on your expense account.
快走
Go on. Beat it!
– 哦 门卫 – 什么事?
– Oh, doorman. – Yes, sir?
– 你认识琼纳斯先生? – 琼纳斯先生? 他非常好
– Do you happen to know Mr. Janoth? – Mr. Janoth? Sure. Fine fellow.
– 上个圣诞节他送给我一只手表 – 嗯哼
– He gave me a wristwatch last Christmas. – Uh-huh.
昨天晚上1点到1点半的时候 没有看见过他
Didn’t happen to see him last night around 1:00 or 1:30?
我12点就下班了
I quit at 12:00.
那接线员和开电梯的呢?
How about the telephone operator or the elevator boy?
大家12点都下班了
Everybody knocks off at 12:00.
还有 约克女士有仆人了吗?
By the way, does Miss York have a maid?
当然 但是你找不到他 上个星期一去度假去了
Sure, but you won’t find her. She started her vacation last Monday.
– 真的吗? – 我收到她从密尔基寄来的明信片
– You sure? – I got a postcard from her from Milwaukee.
哦 凌晨1点左右 在哪里能找到出租车?
Oh, where would you get a cab around 1:00 in the morning?
– 两条街 – 谢谢
– Two blocks. – Thanks.
– 背面 – 15美元
– Tails. – A dollar and a half.
– 头像 – 欠你16美元 – 好的
– Heads. – A dollar-six bits I owe you. – Yeah.
– 告诉我一点消息 我给5美元 – 好啊 先生
– Five I owe in return for a little information. – You got a deal, mister.
午夜之后谁在这里值班?
Who’s on duty here after midnight?
没有人 没有人会干通宵
Nobody. Not an all-night stand.
是的 最近的就是第五大街 离这里有两条街
That’s right. Nearest one’s on 5th Avenue, two blocks from here.
– 谢谢 – 一半是我的
– Thanks. – Half of that’s mine.
1936年4月4日
“April 4, 1936.
人群在格林威治村庄小道上欢呼
Crowd catcher at the Greenwich Village Sidewalk Show.
路易丝·帕特森继承之日
Louise Patterson’s Birthright.”
– 研究发现 – 什么垃圾
– Research dug it up. – Decadent-looking thing.
是的 但是我可以作为一个诱饵 重金寻求真品
Yes, but I can use it as bait. Offer a reward for the original.
在晚报上登出广♥告♥ 到处刊登照片
Ads in the afternoon papers, big-scale reproductions of the picture.
失落的杰作 是伦道夫或是某人偷走了
A lost masterpiece. Randolph or somebody’s bound to bite.
就这么办 通知印刷部的斯基和保罗贝尔
Do that at once. Get me Sheekman in Press Relations and Paul Bell.
是的 哈根先生
Yes, Mr. Hagen.
– 一千美元? – 不要开玩笑了 一万美元
– A thousand dollars? – Don’t fool around with this. Ten thousand.
– 站在毒品店前面怎么样? – 不行
– How about the stand in front of Scanlon’s Drug Store? – No.
帕克维酒店? 阿谢登图书馆?
The Parkway Hotel? The Ashendon Library?
整个晚上就是在汉堡店里
Say, there’s a stand by an all-night hamburger joint three blocks down.
– 那是什么? – 我去吃汉堡 谢谢
– How about that? – I could use a hamburger. Thanks.
– 外面的出租车是你的吗? – 是啊 你坐吗?
– That your cab out there? – Yeah, you want it?
不是 有多少人会用这个车位?
No, not exactly. How many drivers use this stand?
只有我和科瓦斯基 嗯
Just me and Kowalski. Uh-huh.
昨晚1点和2点之间是谁值班?
Who was on last night between 1:00 and 2:00?
– 你想打听关于科瓦斯基的情况 – 是的
– You trying to find out about a fare Kowalski had then? – Yeah.
他告诉我 就拉了一个疯子
He was tellin’ me. Half-crazy the guy was.
没有戴帽子 自言自语 12英里给了20美元
No hat, mumbling to himself. Gave a 20 for a 12-block haul.
– 他在哪里下车的? – 没有说
– Where’d he haul him to? – Didn’t say.
– 科瓦斯基住在哪里? – 不清楚 就在附近
– Where does Kowalski live? – Somewhere around here. Don’t know exactly.
– 第一个名字是卡斯莫 希望有帮助 – 没有
– First name’s Casimir, if that’s any help. – No, not much.
– 他8点会到这里来 – 是吗?
– He’ll be here at 8:00. – He will?
你叫他打电♥话♥给我 好吗? 告诉他我会给他20美元的
Look, you have him call me, will you? Tell him there’s another 20 in it.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢 贝蒂 谢谢 斯托德先生
Thank you, Betty. Thank you, Mr. Stroud.
– 真的希望可以找到那幅画 – 嗯哼
– I certainly wish I could find that picture. – Uh-huh.
时间: 8小时 人力 46个人
Time: eight hours. In manpower, the efforts of 46 employees.
结果终于调查清楚了这个人… 他行为怪异
It results in enough information about this man… his whimsicalities,
他干净利落的作风 迷人的性格
his clean-cut features, his charming manners,
喜欢辛辣的绿色薄荷鸡尾酒 现代油画…
his penchant for green mint stingers and modern paintings…
写自传
to write his biography.
– 斯托德先生 他在哪里? – 不知道
– Mr. Stroud, where is he? – That I don’t know.
我已经找到了金发女郎 她叫宝琳·约克
I’ve placed the blonde though. Her name’s Pauline York.
你是怎么发现的?
How did you discover that?
克罗斯·梅尔刚才从她家里打电♥话♥来
Klaus Meyer and I just came from her apartment.
– 你和她交谈过了吗? – 我不能和死人交谈
– Did you talk with her? – I couldn’t very well on account of she was dead.
你们好象不是很吃惊
That doesn’t seem to be much of a shocker.
你为何觉得我们要控制调查?
Why do you think we’ve been conducting the search?
你怎么发现她死了?
How did you find out she was dead?
她的仆人今天上午发现了 打电♥话♥告诉史蒂夫
Her maid discovered her this morning, telephoned Steve.
– 打电♥话♥给史蒂夫? – 是的 她是他的门徒
– Telephoned Steve? – Yes, she was a protégé of his.
– 仆人为何不打电♥话♥给警♥察♥? – 史蒂夫让她不要
– Why didn’t the maid call the police? – Steve asked her not to.
他希望晚点告诉警♥察♥
He’s been rather generous with her of late.
我们想自己找到伦道夫 然后交给警♥察♥
We wanted to trap Randolph ourselves, then hand him over.
– 内部处理 – 是的
– Feather in our caps. – Yeah.
那么这些关于伦道夫的消息 是从哪里来的?
Yeah, but where’s all this dope on Randolph come from?
仆人听到他们的谈话
The maid. She heard them talking, quarreling.
– 那你就认为是他杀死了她 – 还会有谁?
– That’s what makes you think he killed her. – Who else could it be?
嗯 比如说是史蒂夫呢?
Well, how about Steve, for instance?
她是他的门徒
She was his protégé.
那是个非常奇怪的假设 斯托德
That’s a very strange suggestion, Stroud.
我给他打电♥话♥ 一直到12:30
I telephoned over to his home, spoke to him at 12:30.
在7分钟之后就发生了谋杀案
Within seven minutes of the time the murder took place.
– 你怎么知道? – 钟被打坏了就停了
– How do you know? – The clock broke in the struggle.
– 那家伙就是去过她的房♥间? – 仆人告诉我的
– Then you’ve been in her apartment? – The maid reported it.
– 那她就是个侦探 – 你怎么了?
– She’s quite a detective. – What is the matter with you?
我只是不明白 你为何一口咬定是伦道夫杀了她
I just can’t understand why you’re so sure Randolph killed her.
想调查证明她是无辜的吗?
Suppose an investigation proved him innocent?
调查? 什么样的调查
An investigation? What sort of an investigation?
在她房♥间周围调查
An inquiry around the apartment house.
目击证人看见有人进去之后 就出来了
Witnesses who saw somebody else enter or leave.
目击证人
You have witnesses?
还没有 但是我会找到的
No, not yet, but I shall have to look for them,
除非你不想管这件事了
that is, unless you decide to let the matter drop.
你一直都是在袒护这个伦道夫
You’re going to great lengths to protect this Randolph.
只是不能听一面之词
Just trying to keep an open mind.