主演: 雷莫·兰德 查尔斯·拉夫顿
大 钟
主演: 莫琳·奥沙利文
导演: 约翰·法诺
哇 擦肩而过
Whew! That was close.
如果我去大钟里面 看守人在那里怎么办?
What happens if I get inside the clock and the watchman’s there?
快点想 乔治
Think fast, George.
是个好机会 他休息去了
That’s a break. He’s off duty.
更多的保安 整座大楼被围得水泄不通
More guards. The lobby’s sewed up like a sack,
他们说”格杀勿论”
and they said, “Shoot to kill.”
那就是说你啊 乔治
They meant you, George. You.
我们怎么会陷人这样的困境?
How’d I get into this rat race, anyway?
我没有犯罪 怎么了? 都是怎么回事?
I’m no criminal. What happened? When did it all start?
就在36小时前我还在下面
Just 36 hours ago I was down there,
穿过大厅专心去做自己的工作
crossing that lobby on my way to work, minding my own business,
期望我这么多年的第一次度假
looking forward to my first vacation in years.
36小时前我还是个受人尊敬 遵纪守法公民…
Thirty-six hours ago I was a decent, respectable law-abiding citizen…
4月25日星期五晚上11:23
36小时前我还是个受人尊敬 遵纪守法公民…
Thirty-six hours ago I was a decent, respectable law-abiding citizen…
4月25日星期五晚上11:23
有幸福的家庭和好的工作
with a wife and a kid and a big job.
4月25日星期五晚上11:23
4月25日星期五晚上11:23
就是在36小时前
Just 36 hours ago by the big clock.
4月25日星期五晚上11:23
就是在36小时前
Just 36 hours ago by the big clock.
4月24日星期四上午10:48
这是世界上最精确的…
And it’s the most accurate…
4月24日星期四上午10:48
4月24日星期四上午10:48
最独特的私人♥大♥钟
and the most unique privately-owned clock in the world.
4月24日星期四上午10:48
4月24日星期四上午10:48
在巨大的世界地图后面…
Now, behind this huge map of the globe…
4月24日星期四上午10:48
在巨大的世界地图后面…
Now, behind this huge map of the globe…
是一件单精度的机械
is a single master mechanism.
造价60万美元
Built at a cost of $600,000,
可以知道世界任何一个地方的时间
it is set so you can tell the time anywhere on the Earth:
伦敦 芝加哥 檀香山等等
London, Chicago, Honolulu and so forth.
而且在堪萨斯和旧金山…
It also synchronizes the clocks in this building…
我们公♥司♥的分部…
with those in the secondary printing plants…
时间都是和我们大楼的大钟同步的…
in Kansas City and San Francisco…
而且在乔纳森集团 海外43分支机构都是一样
and in the 43 foreign bureaus of the Janoth organization.
– 嗨 先生 我想请问一下 – 说吧
– Hey, mister, I’d like to ask somethin’. – Yes, sir.
如果大钟停下来会怎么样?
What happens if the clock stops?
哦 琼纳斯先生不会允许的
Oh, Mr. Janoth would never permit that.
– 早上好 贝蒂 – 早上好 斯托德先生
– Good morning, Betty. – Good morning, Mr. Stroud.
– 给 – 谢谢
– Here it is. – Thank you.
我们现在去参观展览馆…
We will now visit the public exhibits…
那里陈列着很多…
displaying the latest developments…
乔纳森出版社最新发明的东西
in the various ficields covered by the Janoth publications.
电梯要上了
Elevator is going up. Going up.
电梯要上了 请等下一趟
This elevator is going up. Next car, please.
– 你好 乔 – 好啊 乔治
– Hello, Joe. – Hiya, George.
– 好啊 乔治 – 你好 莉莉
– Hello, George. – Hello, Lily.
– 你今天看起来好漂亮啊 – 嗯 谢谢
– You’re looking mighty smart this morning. – Well, thank you.
我应该多坐这部电梯
I should ride this more often.
– 体育新闻部 – 等等
– Sportways. – Hold it!
– 10楼 – 你好 金小姐
– Ten, please. – Hello, Miss Gold.
哦 你好 先生 你介意吗?
Oh, hello. Mister, would you mind?
– 电梯只有关上才能走 – 对不起
– The elevator doesn’t run unless the door is closed. I’m sorry. – Excuse me.
你每天都是这班吗?
Do you work this shift every day?
航♥空♥公♥司♥
Airways.
在角落里会安全点
We might feature the reliability angle.
你在飞机上会比在浴室里更安全 这里有一张草图
You’re safer in an airplane than you are in a bathtub. Here’s a sketch.
我们这座大楼的电梯也不错啊
We’ve got nice elevators in our building too.
有空就来 这是免费的
Come on over sometime. I’ll give you a free ride.
– 艺术部 上 – 下?
– Artways. Up. – Down?
– 怎么了? – 我中毒了吗?
– What’s the matter? – I got poison ivy?
在电梯里面是不允许说话的
We are not allowed to speak to people in the elevators.
琼纳斯先生不会允许的
Mr. Janoth doesn’t permit it.
设计部
Styleways, please.
小心
Watch your step.
先生们 小心了
Gentlemen, watch yourselves.
– 新闻部 – 新闻部
– Newsways, please. – Newsways.
新闻部
Newsways.
– 犯罪科 – 11楼?
– Crimeways. – Eleven?
63岁 经常去地铁城市俱乐部
“Age 63, frequents Metropolite City Club,
天景俱乐部
Skyview Luncheon Club.
背景: 在银行工作46年…
Background: banking business for 46 years…”
我任何时候都可能找他 叫他尽快来
I’m expecting him any minute. I’ll tell him the instant he arrives.
等等 斯托德先生 盐湖城来的电♥话♥ 你妻子想跟你通话
Hold it. Mr. Stroud, Salt Lake’s on the line, and your wife’s trying to reach you.
– 把盐湖城的电♥话♥接进来 – 好的 但是他们已经在等了
– Put Salt Lake on. – All right, fine. But they’re on.
– 会议就要开始了 差不多11点了 – 有的是时间
– The conference. It’s almost 11:00. – Plenty of time.
– 但是琼纳斯先生… – 喂? 我是斯托德
– But Mr. Janoth… – Hello. Yeah? Yes, this is Stroud.
– 你好 马♥克♥思♥ 进展怎么样? – 但是 乔治…
– Hello, Max. How you makin’ out? – But, George…
真的吗? 哦 好极了 他在哪里? 我怎么跟你说的?
Ya have? Oh, wonderful! Where was he? What did I tell ya?
本性难改
Once a seashell man, always a seashell man.
– 他们正在等 – 可以和他谈谈吗 你假装是收藏家
– George, they’re waiting. – Will he talk? Well, pretend you’re a fellow collector.
问他是愿意花钱为女人 还是干什么
Ask him if he was gonna spend the dough on oysters or blondes.
好的 你还有1小时53分了解这些事情 好样的 马♥克♥思♥
Yeah. You’ve got an hour and 53 minutes to get the story. Attaboy, Max.
– 我们找到了佛兰芒 – 他们正在等
– We’ve just located Fleming. – They’re waiting for you.
– 格蕾斯 通知排字房♥ 我们要重新排版 – 好
– Grace, call the composing room. We’re gonna replate. – Yes.
– 接通我妻子的电♥话♥ – 好
– And get my wife. – Yes.
乔治 就你一个人不去开会
George, you’re the only one not there.
琼纳斯先生会发火的 时间就是金钱
Mr. Janoth will be furious. Time is money.
佛兰芒在盐湖城 米尔纳会通知我们的
Fleming is in Salt Lake. Milner’s gonna wire us a story.
这些有些你弄好的校样
Here are the proofs of the story you had set up.
走吧 罗伊 快去 喂?
Go on, Roy. Go on. Hello?
哦 喂 亲爱的
Oh, hello, darling. Yeah.
啊? 不洗澡不吃饭? 让我跟他说
Huh? No bath and no oatmeal? Let me talk to him.
好的 但是他不相信要离开
All right, but he doesn’t believe he’s going.
他认为就像是最后一个旅行…
He thinks it’s just like last trip and the time before…
以为我们要去旅行都没有实现
and all the other trips we didn’t go on.
让你跟他说 乔治 爸爸要跟你说话
I’ll let you talk to him. George, Daddy wants to talk to you.
喂 爸爸 但是我不相信我们要离开
Hello, Daddy. But I don’t believe we’re going.
但是这次是真的 我们去旅行 你妈妈会给你做东西吃
But this is the McCoy, an expedition. Your mother’s gonna do the cooking.
什么? 是的 我知道很难受 但是你可以去打猎
What? Yeah, I know it’s tough, but you’ll do the hunting.
所以你就要吃饭了 那样就会很强壮
That’s why you should eat your oatmeal, build up your strength.
最好是相信我 去看看枕头下面
Ya better believe me. Look under my pillow.
哦 哇 妈妈 这是子弹枪
Oh, boy! Look, Mommy! An atomic disintegrator!
我想你已经说服了他 好男人 吃午饭再跟你谈
I think you’ve sold him, Wonderman. I’ll let you know at lunch.
亲爱的 只是了解孩子的心理
A little child psychology, dear.
好的 亲爱的 中午12: 30在”范巴斯”见 再见 亲爱的
All right, dear, 12:30 at the Van Barth. Bye, darling.
今天唯一的议程 就是讨论如何增加发行量
Today’s agenda is solely on the subject of increasing circulation.
第二季度的发行量已经锐减
The figures for the second quarter have fallen off badly.
从一月份开始的 每月发行3300万份
From a monthly high of 33 million in January,
现在降低了6个百分点
we’ve had a six-percent recession,
减少了将近200万份
a loss of almost 2 million copies.
这样的话
In some cases,
我们的发行量就低于广♥告♥商的要求
we are below the circulation levels we have guaranteed our advertisers.
琼纳斯先生非常苦恼 希望大家想出办法
Mr. Janoth’s very upset. He’s going to want ideas.
坐下 大家请坐下
Sit down, gentlemen. Sit down.
我真的很怨恨啊
I resent this. I resent this deeply.
每个人一生的平均寿命 是2081376000秒
There are 2,081,376,000 seconds in the average man’s life,
秒秒每走一次…
each tick of the clock the beat of a heart…
在座各位的生命就在慢慢流逝…
and yet you sit here uselessly ticking your lives away…
就是因为有的人缺席
because certain members are not on schedule.
– 乔治·斯托德哪里去了? – 罗伊正在找他
– Where is George Stroud? – Roy’s trying to find him.
我不想被阻止 没有斯托德先生还是要开会
I do not propose to be held up, not even by Mr. Stroud.
你告诉他们 我们这些开会的目的吗?
Have you told the others what we want?
关于增加发行量的总是问题
Ideas to build circulation.
不仅仅是要提出建议 而且要实施
Not just ideas. Dynamic angles.
我们生活在一个快节奏的时代 充满了对手…
We live in a dynamic age with dynamic competitors…
广播 报纸 电视…
radio, newspapers, newsreels…
我们一定要走在时代的前列
and we must anticipate trends before they are trends.
我们要高♥瞻♥远瞩 是吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!