很好 你对这件案子已经了解了?
Very open. Have you some inside knowledge of this matter?
喂?
Yes?
哦 科德托
Oh, Cordette.
找到了? 哦 好极了
You have? Oh, excellent! Excellent!
不要管你的目击者了 我们已经找到凶手了
You can forget about your witnesses. We have our man.
他刚刚进人了大楼
He was just seen entering the building.
我想发出紧急警告 关闭所有的通道
I want an emergency order issued, all exits blocked, the building closed.
除非得到确认 否则谁都不能离开
Nobody’s to leave unless identified.
– 你要控制 – 好的 先生
– You take charge. – Yes, sir.
– 斯托德? – 现在
– Stroud? – Now!
对不起 女士们 先生们
Sorry, ladies and gentlemen,
大楼所有的出口暂时关闭 只有大厅的门没有关
but all exits have been closed, except the main door.
我们尽量少给大家带来麻烦
We will try to inconvenience you as little as possible.
如果有人公务在身
If everybody will proceed in the direction of the desk,
我们会尽快让你出去
we will try to get you out quickly.
只是要确认身份
Just a matter of identification.
只是要确认身份
Just a matter of identification.
非常感激你们的合作 谢谢
Your cooperation will be appreciated. Thank you.
大家都在绳子这边来
Everybody on this side of the rope, please.
站成一排
Kindly form a single line. Only routine.
马上就可以让你们出去
You’ll be out of here in a couple of minutes.
– 快点 – 谢谢
– Come on. – Thank you.
没有人可以离开这座大楼 对了通过前门
Nobody leaves the building except through the front.
琼纳斯先生的命令
Mr. Janoth’s orders.
– 史蒂夫? – 是 先生
– Steve? – Yes, sir!
– 你派了其他的目击都来吗? – 还没有
– Have you sent for the other witnesses? – Not yet.
– 加他们离开来 – 叫帕特森和”范巴斯”酒吧的人来
– Get them immediately. – Get Patterson and the people at the Van Barth.
– 我已经派人去请古玩店的老板 – 接通”范巴斯”酒吧
– I’ve stationed the antique dealer in the lobby. – Get me the Van Barth bar.
我们有五十个岗哨 斯托德先生
We have 50 men stationed, Mr. Stroud.
– 罪犯插翅难飞 – 是的
– If the man gets out, it’ll be a miracle. – It certainly will.
– 什么事? 我去查明 哈根先生? – 嗯?
– Yeah? I’ll find out about that. Mr. Hagen? – Yes?
大厅里面的人很愤怒 他们不喜欢被耽误
The people are raising Cain in the lobby. They don’t like being delayed.
科斯瓦 下去发挥你的外交才能
Kislav, go down and use a little diplomacy.
在古玩店老板有来之前 不要让任何人离开
Make sure no one leaves without being passed by the antique dealer.
摩根 塔尔波特 你们跟他去
Morgan, Talbot, you go with him.
我们正在留意
We’re taking care of that.
是的 奥林? 巴特酒吧
Yeah, Orlin? Burt’s Place.
根本没有什么?
Nothing at all?
我发现味道真的不佳
I find all this very distasteful.
非常肮脏的地方 还有那些客人
An extremely sordid place. Disreputable clientele.
你询问了他们吗? 要问啊
Did you ask any questions? Well, ask some.
好的 那就问吧
Very well. If I must, I must.
谢谢你让我使用电♥话♥ 给你钱
Thank you very much for letting me use the telephone. Here’s your nickel.
– 我可以问一个问题给吗? – 说啊
– Do you mind if I ask a civil question, bud? – Not at all.
今天公共图书馆怎么了? 他们扩充图书吗?
What’s the matter with the public library today? Did they raise the dues?
看这里 朋友
See here, my friend.
不要在意 我只是很好奇
Now, don’t get sore about it. You just arouse my curiosity.
一杯柠檬水 两本书在这里坐了一下午
Sitting here all afternoon with one limeade and two books,
甚至不去玩游戏
and you don’t even play the game.
小孩子玩的 我不喜欢你这里的柠檬水
Child’s play. And I don’t like your limeade.
我只是在等人
I’m just waiting for someone.
– 等谁啊? – 我不认识
– And who might that be? – I don’t know.
你不认识? 很简单 只是朋友的朋友
You don’t know? It’s quite simple. He’s a friend of a friend of mine.
从来没有见过 但是我知道他是个常客
I’ve never seen him, but I understand he’s a habitu.
他最近和一个金发女郎在一起
He was in here recently with a stunning blonde,
– 如果你认为金发女郎很好的话 – 是的
– that is, if you think blondes are stunning. – Yes.
那你就不能是他表哥
You wouldn’t be his brother-in-law by any chance.
那你就是收单的 你找这个人干什么?
You might be a bill collector. What do you want with this guy?
私人的事情 听说他喜欢钟… 绿色的钟
It’s quite personal. I’m told he talks about clocks… green clocks.
你是说绿色的钟?
Green clocks, you say?
你认识他吗? 可以描述是他是怎么样的吗?
You know him? Can you describe him for me?
– 哦 小菜一碟 – 是的 当然可以
– Oh, that’ll be easy. – Yeah, sure we could.
– 因为他很容易认 – 是的 特征很明显
– ‘Cause he’s a very remarkable fellow. – Yes, a very remarkable fellow.
为什么这个人一定在大楼里面…
Why should this man be in the building…
除非他是这里的演员 或者至少有人认识他吗?
unless he is employed here, or at least known?
你继续联♥系♥ 我们可以辨别出他的
You correlate your information. We can identify him.
从3000个员工 和2000个游客中找吗?
Out of 3,000 employees and 2,000 sightseers a day?
没有什么不可能
Nothing is impossible.
喂? 是的 埃德温
Hello? Yeah, Edwin.
是吗? 奥林在巴特酒吧
You have? Orlin at Burt’s Place.
说他得到了完整的消息 说 埃德温
Says he’s got a complete description. Shoot, Edwin.
昨晚是一个金发女郎在一起 两个目击者
Last night with a blonde. Two witnesses.
好的 具体说说
Okay, let’s have the description.
脚跟是踞起来的 开花耳朵 棕色的假发
Built-up heels, cauliflower ear, brown toupee.
是的 棕色的假发
That’s right, a brown toupee.
– 不要忘了玻璃眼睛 – 是左眼
– And don’t forget the glass eye. – It’s the left eye.
玻璃眼睛 左眼
Glass eye, the left one.
玻璃眼睛? 继续
Glass eye? Hold it.
– 埃德温说… – 我听见了
– Edwin says… – I heard.
– 你谁有玻璃眼睛的人吗? – 那个白♥痴♥叫什么名字?
– Anybody know a man with a glass eye? – What’s that idiot’s name?
– 埃德温·奥林 – 开除他
– Edwin Orlin. – Fire him.
哈根先生 我不能那样做
Mr. Hagen, I can’t do it.
奥林 我是哈根先生 是的 奥林 我们听到你说的了
Orlin, this is Mr. Hagen. Yes, Orlin, we heard your description.
出众出租车公♥司♥吗? 我是杂♥志♥社的乔治·斯托德
Superior Cab Company? This is George Stroud at Crimeways magazine.
我想和你们的一个司机联♥系♥ 卡斯莫科瓦斯基
I’m trying to get hold of one of your drivers, Casimir Kowalski.
他没有电♥话♥? 地址呢
He has no phone? How about his address?
11栋31号♥? 谢谢
16 East 31 st? Thank you.
– 路易丝·帕特森来见你 – 哦…
– Louise Patterson to see you. – Oh…
很高兴看到有人喜欢我的作品
I’m pleased to see that somebody likes my work.
我对你的作品已经崇拜很久了 帕特森女士
I’ve been an admirer of yours for years, Mrs. Patterson.
– 你就是斯托德先生? – 是的
– Are you Mr. Stroud? – I’m afraid so.
嗯 我是来挣钱的
Well, I should like to earn my money.
– 那个鳕鱼 克罗斯… – 克罗斯·梅尔
– That codfish, Mr. Klaus… – Klaus Meyer.
是的 他说只有我画出那个买♥♥我作品人的画像…
Yes, he said that you’d pay $100…
你就会给我100美元
for a sketch of the man who bought my painting.
然后有人告诉我 如果我到这里来指认他…
Then somebody else called and said that you’d give me another 50…
可以再给我50美元 加上车费
if I’d come down here and identify him, plus the cab fare.
那就是155美元 还有10美元的小费
That’s $151.55 and a 10-cent tip.
我会给你现金凭证
I’ll give you a cash voucher.
是的 会计会给你钱的 我去通知他们
Yes, the cashier will pay you. I’ll get a messenger.
我现在可以开始画了吗?
Shall I start the sketch now?
– 没有必要 – 没事 斯托德先生
– That won’t be necessary. – Never mind, Mr. Stroud.
如果有人去坐牢 就少了一个我作品的收藏者
I’ve few enough collectors without sending one to jail.
你想干什么? 哦 没事
What did you do? Oh, never mind.
下面到处都是警♥察♥ 真是很恐怖啊
With all that hue and cry downstairs, it must be something terribly lurid.
但是我不担心 我的代理人说…
But I don’t mind. My agent says that I shall make a fortune…
那幅盘失踪的画可以值很多钱
on the strength of that lost masterpiece story.
哦 天啊 500美元
Oh, my goodness. This says $500.
我说了我是你的仰慕者
I said I was an admirer of yours.
你和昨晚跟我抢着买♥♥画 好象不是一个样了
You didn’t sound that way last night, bidding against me.
– 还有啊 我的画你放在哪里了? – 在家里
– By the way, what did you do with my picture? – I took it home.
在这样的情况下 你不认为我这里更安全吗?
Under the circumstances, don’t you think it would be safer with me?
晚点再谈论
Let’s discuss that later.
现在我要找出租车司机
Right now, I have to go find a taxicab driver.
谢谢 科德托
Thank you. Cordette!
– 这个人会给你兑现现金 – 谢谢
– Here’s the man who’ll cash your voucher. – Thank you.
当然你要明白…
Now, of course you understand that…
我们要等到画完才会给钱
we can’t pay you the money until you finish the picture.
– 哦 – 画完
– Oh. – Finish the picture.
那是自然
Naturally.
我现在就开始画
I’ll start the sketch now.
等等 哦 是你啊 斯托德先生
Just a minute. Oh, it’s you, Mr. Stroud.
我只是想出去吃点东西
Just out for a sandwich, boys.
除非经过大厅确认身份 否则任何人不能离开
Nobody’s to leave unless identified in the lobby.
啊 好的 继续工作
Ah, good work. Keep on the beam.
斯托德先生不在这里 彼得斯堡证明其他了人吗?
Mr. Stroud isn’t here. Will Pittsburgh speak to someone else?
我已经没有和”范巴斯”联♥系♥了
Look, I was disconnected from the Van Barth.
– 现在可以开始画像了吗? – 还没好
– May I look at the sketch now? – Not yet. It isn’t finished.
鲜明的个性 伦道夫先生
A slippery character, Mr. Randolph.
健谈 帅气 花心
Glib talker, ladies’ man, playboy.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!