Thank you.
他模仿的不算好
It wasn’t a very good impersonation.
我… 我很抱歉。
I’m… I’m sorry.
劳拉。
Laura.
我们呃..。
We, uh…
我们活在不同的世界 我和你
we inhabit different worlds, you and I.
以前如此
We always have.
将来还会这样
We always will.
你在说什么?
What are you saying?
我在说不
I’m saying no.
我在说够了
I’m saying enough.
最好别让校长久等。
Better not keep the headmaster waiting.
你还要我参加颁奖礼吗
Do you still expect me to come to your Prize Giving?
我呃..。
I, uh…
我想我们谁都
I don’t think either of us
不再有权利
has the right any longer
要求对方做什么
to expect anything of the other.
对。
Right.
那我走了
Well, I’ll leave
那就明天一早。
first thing tomorrow morning then.
如你所愿。
As you wish.
你的新学校
And does your new school
有没有为新教员提供豪华宿舍
provide splendid accommodation for the staff?
我们还没有发现哪点可喜的
We haven’t found anything that we like yet.
我只知道人生中
I’ve read somewhere
最糟的两件事就是搬家和离婚。
the two worst things in life are moving house and divorce.
劳拉 如果我是你
So, Laura, if I were you, I…
你好亲爱的。
Oh, hello, darling.
你好,亲爱的。
Oh hello, darling.
我的部分结束了
Well, I finished my rounds.
你知道吗,我经常想校长
Do you know, I often think being a headmaster’s
有点像头号♥管家
a bit like being a head waiter, except head waiters
除了管家必须会说至少五种语言
have to learn how to speak at least five languages.
还没到高♥潮♥
This isn’t the best moment, sir,
但我们不会通宵
but we’re not staying the night, so, um…
如果你需要财务上的
if ever you need any financial advice,
建议或帮助
uh, assistance indeed,
类似的事情请给我打电♥话♥
anything of that sort, please telephone.
我很乐意帮忙
I’d like to help.
就当是..。
Think of it as, um…
作为回报。
well, as repayment.
非常感谢。
Well, thank you very much.
你太周到了
This is extremely civil of you.
哇。
Whoa.
– 再见-好的。
– See ya – Okay.
晚安。
Good night.
他会吓一跳的,我们会有麻烦的。
Shut it, we’ll get in trouble.
怎么回事?
What’s going on?
没关系。
That’s all right.
– 你没事吧?-没事。
– You all right, man? – Yeah, yeah.
你们这些小混♥蛋♥。
You little fucking bastards.
是的。
Yes.
喂?
Hello?
有人在吗?
Anybody there?
福斯特。
Ah, Foster.
很抱歉打扰您,先生。
Sorry to disturb you, sir.
我是来接 Crocker-Harris 夫人的。
I’ve come to pick up Mrs. Crocker-Harris.
是的,她在楼上。
Oh, yes, yes, she’s upstairs.
劳拉,福斯特先生来了。
Laura, Mr. Foster’s here.
我来了。
I’m coming.
美好的一天。
Glorious day.
的确,先生,光荣。
Indeed, sir, glorious.
听说你岳母的事我很遗憾,先生。
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, sir.
啊,对,对。
Ah, yes, yes.
你一定很失望,长官。
Must be a disappointment, sir.
你的妻子,没有出席你的告别演说。
Your wife, not being there for your farewell speech.
还有..。
And…
恕我冒昧先生。
well, if I may be so bold, sir…
怎么了福斯特?
Well, what is it, Foster?
我只想说
Well, I’d just like to say
这里没有你将不再是以前的模样
the old place won’t be the same without you, sir.
谢谢你 福斯特
Well, thank you, Foster.
你真是太好了。
That’s very kind of you.
你好福斯特。
Ah, hello, Foster.
你介不介意楼上有几个手提箱。
Would you mind, uh, there’s a couple of suitcases upstairs.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
我觉得还有两个。
I think there’s, uh, just two more.
我不能参加颁奖典礼迟到。
Well, I mustn’t, uh, be late for the Prize Giving.
没有。
No.
你看起来很不错。
You look very impressive.
什么事?
Yes?
再见。
Good bye.
再见。
Good bye.
啊,安德鲁,你来了。
Ah, Andrew, there you are.
好了,大家跟我来。
Right, follow me, everyone.
校长,我必须告诉你,我改变主意了。
Headmaster, I must tell you I’ve changed my mind.
我想第二个发言,这是我的权利。
I, uh, wish to speak second, as is my right.
弗莱彻先生怎么办?
What about Mr. Fletcher?
弗莱彻先生要先发言。
Mr. Fletcher will have to speak first.
但你昨天答应过的。
But you promised yesterday.
是的,但我今天的想法
Yes, but I now see the matter
完全不同了
in an entirely different light,
今天就是今天。
and, uh, today’s today.
我们准备好了
Uh, we’re ready for you now —
请稍等一下,特布肖。
Just a second, please, Trubshaw.
如果你第二个致辞
Look, if you speak second —
那将是最糟的草率收场
It’ll be the most dreadful anticlimax.
尽管如此,
Be that as it may,
但身为资深教师这是我的权利
as Senior Master it is my privilege to so do.
我们昨天说好的。
We agreed yesterday.
好了,大家跟我来。
All right, follow me, everyone.
法文德米尔奖的得主是S·R·雷恩
The DeMille Prize for French studies, S.R. Ryan.
表现优异的汤普森奖的得主是S·崔不肖
The Torkson Prize for Excellence, S. Trubshaw.
生物学的汉森杯的得主是E·R·莫里斯
The Hanson Cup for Biology, E.R. Morris.
女士们先生们,
Ladies and gentlemen,
我将沉痛地与你们
it is my painful duty to listen with you
聆听两位即将离开我们的老师的
to a few sad words from two masters
临别致词
who are leaving us.
首先有请… ..。
First, I shall call upon…
首先有请
First, let us call upon
大卫·弗莱彻
Mr. David Fletcher.
我以为你是第一个发言的
I thought you were going to speak first.
同学们
Well, chaps…
我实在不擅长
I’m not much good, you know, on,
你们知道我的脚
you know, on my feet,
只会在柱门间奔跑
except when I’m running between the wickets.
所以我要说
So I’ll just say
要离开
I’m really
这个
sad,
古老的地方我真的很难过
you know, to be leaving this wonderful old place.
我爱这里
I’ve loved it here.
所以
So, you know
祝你好运,再见。
good luck and good bye.
现在,为大卫 · 弗莱彻欢呼三声!
Now, three cheers for David Fletcher!
加油
Hip, hip.
万岁!
Hooray!
加油
Hip, hip.
万岁!
Hooray!
加油
Hip, hip.
万岁!
Hooray!
现在,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!