快点,你迟到了。
Hurry up, you’re late.
快点,你迟到了。
Come on, you’re late.
吉尔伯特先生?
Mr. Gilbert?
是的,早上好。
Yes, good morning.
我们还以为你搭早一班的火车来
We thought you might have caught the earlier train, sir.
我搭了 但是火车晚点
Yes, well, I did, but it was late,
而且一直打不到出租车
and getting a taxi wasn’t easy.
让我拿吧
Allow me.
历史大厅。
The Historic Hall.
建于1550年。
Built, 1550.
1732年被大火烧毁重建。
Destroyed by fire, rebuilt 1732.
1874年修复。
Restored, 1874.
非常漂亮。
It’s very beautiful.
大教堂。
The Great Chapel.
建于13年
Built in the year 13 —
对不起。
Sorry.
威尔逊,你迟到了。
Wilson, you’re late.
是的,但我并没有迟到
Yeah, but I’m not really late —
我不管,晚了三分钟,威尔逊。
I don’t care, three minutes late, Wilson.
克伦威尔学院。
Cromwell’s.
对吧,今天还是明天?
Right, today or tomorrow?
今天。
Today.
任何男孩上午祷告迟到
Any boy late for the morning prayers
是克伦威尔的,
is given Cromwell’s,
也就是惩罚的意思。
which is the word here for punishment.
为什么?
Why?
如果你问我为什么叫克伦威尔
If you ask me why it’s called “Cromwell’s,”
我会说,这是传统
I’ll say, “Y is a crooked letter
就像Y永远不可能写直
and you can’t make it straight.””
-别担心
– Don’t worry, sir.
你很快会适应的
You’ll soon get the hang of it.
吉尔伯特先生是下学期的新老师
Mr. Gilbert, new Master for next term.
请带他进来。
Show him in, please.
福斯特先生。
Mr. Foster.
闹钟又坏了吗
Trouble with the alarm clock again, sir?
早上好,孩子们。
Morning, boys.
早上好,先生。
Morning, sir.
有事宣布
Announcements.
院际船赛铁甲队获胜
The inter house boat race was won by Ironsides.
我们必须感谢
And we have to thank,
亨特老师的精心组织
for the excellent organisation, Mr. Hunter.
明天下午两点板球比赛。
Tomorrow, 2:00 PM, cricket match.
由教员和校友对阵校队
Scarffenel boys versus School First-11.
明晚八点半
And tomorrow evening at 8:30 PM,
小合唱团将会在图书馆阶梯进行表演
concert by Small Choir from the library steps.
颁奖礼将于周五
Now, Prize Giving on Friday
早上九点进行
will be at the earlier time of 9:00 AM.
以便弗莱彻老师
This is to enable Mr. Fletcher
赶往伦敦加入玛丽勒
to reach London in order to join the NCC squad
本板球俱乐部球队
in preparation for their match
在大板球场准备与澳洲队的比赛
against the Australians at Lords.
安静
Now, now, NOW, NOW, NOW.
不要太兴奋
There’s no need, no need to get overexcited.
说不定睡前会抱头痛哭呢
There’ll be tears before bedtime.
好了,你们都知道
Right, now, as you know,
弗莱彻老师将辞去教职
Mr. Fletcher is giving up teaching
投身于职业板球员的事业
to become a professional cricketer.
你们一定想祝福他
Now, I’m sure you want to wish him well
希望他能获奖
for the future at Prize Giving.
你也会想要感谢
Now, you will also want to show your appreciation
克罗克-哈里斯老师
to Mr. Crocker-Harris on Friday.
克罗克-哈里斯先生
Mr. Crocker-Harris
由于身体不适将辞去教职
is resigning because of ill health.
他任教已有18年
He’s been with us for 18 years.
他将在另一所学校承担更轻松的职务
He’s taking up less arduous duties at another school,
我相信大家对他的离开会感到遗憾
and I’m sure we’re all very, very sorry to lose him.
当然我们对他妻子
And of course, we’ll be sorry
的离开也感到惋惜
to lose his wife, also.
在这18年中她与我们共处了15年
She’s been with us for 15 of those 18 years,
她与我们亲密无间
and, uh, she’s endeared herself to us all so much.
下面请唱555号♥圣歌♥
Now, hymn number 555,
“引领我们 神父 引领我们”
“Lead Us Heavenly Father, Lead Us.”
你认为谁是最好的
Who do you think’s the best
左撇子保龄球员
left-arm bowler in the country?
是你
You are!
哦,不,真的,来吧。
Oh, no, really, come on.
别开玩笑了,拜托。
Don’t be ridiculous, come on.
快点,让开,给哈里斯先生让路。
Come on, move, make way for Mr. Harris.
我会签在你背后
I’ll do it on the back.
你希望我写哪
Where would you like it?
这里吗 好的
Just over there? All right.
写吧 这学期都要结束了
Come on sir, it’s the end of term, sir.
哦,是的,先生,请吧。
Oh, yes, sir, please sir.
– 你答应过的-我从没答应过。
– You promised. – I never promised.
我从不对少年犯做出承诺。
I never make promises to juvenile delinquents.
是的,先生。
You did, sir.
你们想让我发脾气吗
You just wanna see me blow myself up,
小恶魔们
don’t you, you little monsters?
– 弗兰克-不。
Frank. – No.
打扰一下,弗兰克,早上好。
Excuse me, Frank, good morning.
我还需要你下学期的课程资料
I still need the details of your classes for next term.
好 不好意思 安德鲁
Oh, right, uh, sorry, Andrew.
我可以今天晚点拿给你吗
Um, could I get them to you today?
多谢了
I’d be obliged.
可以说万事俱备只差这个了
Just the final piece of the jigsaw as it were.
12点来我家 可以吗
Would 12 o’clock at my house be convenient?
好吧听着。
All right, listen.
还有一个实验 如果让别人知道
One more experiment, but if you let anybody know,
头就伸过来 知道吗
I’ll have your heads, you understand?
– 耶!-好吧。
– Yeah! – All right.
– 你就像警♥察♥-什么?
– You’re like policemen. – Sorry?
你变得越来越年轻。
You get younger and younger.
劳拉 · 克罗克-哈里斯。
Laura Crocker-Harris.
汤姆 · 吉尔伯特,我接替你丈夫的工作。
Tom Gilbert, I’m taking over from your husband.
我知道你会的
I know, you’re going to be
新语文系主任。
Head of the new Language Department.
安德鲁,我的丈夫,只是古典语言的负责人。
Andrew, my husband, was only Head of Classical Languages.
你能帮我个忙吗?
Um, could you do me a favour?
当然。
Of course.
你能给我指出弗兰克 · 亨特先生吗?
Could you point out to me Mr. Frank Hunter?
我会做得更好的,跟我来。
I’ll do better than that, follow me.
劳拉
Laura.
戴安娜
Diana.
我们还要进城吗?
Are we still going into town?
亲爱的我马上回来。
Uh, darling, I’ll be right back.
啊,劳拉。
Ah, Laura.
劳拉我会想念你在晨祷中
I’m gonna miss your regular attendance
例行出席的
in morning prayers.
谢谢你,校长。
Well, thank you, Headmaster.
我也会想念它的。
I shall miss it, too.
这样开启一天确实不错
It’s a nice way to start the day.
图书馆少了你也会不一样
And the library won’t be the same without you.
好吧,好吧。
Well, well.
告诉我,安德鲁对这一切有什么反应?
Tell me, how is Andrew taking all this?
希望还好吧
Well, I hope?
是的,谢谢你,校长。
Yes, thank you, Headmaster.
他挺得住。
He’s, um, bearing up.
真可悲,非常可悲。
That’s sad, very sad.
嘿,塔普洛,你有没有
Hey, Taplow, did you get
你转学科学了吗?
your switch to science?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!