这些都不会发生。没有托盘。
There’ll be none of that. No trays.
《星报》上你的报价很明确:
The Star-Telegram has you quoted quite definitely:
“在乘飞机去纽约之前,Cheyne先生说……
“Before departing by plane for New York, Mr. Cheyne stated…
“新设备将由目前发行的债券提供”
“that the new equipment is to be provided by the present bond issue.”
其他报纸也差不多。
The other papers have virtually the same.
机密公报说了些什么?
What does the confidential bulletin say?
“周二上午。巴黎电线……
“Tuesday morning. Paris wires…
总统今天可能会签署Bannerman采矿法案。
“the President will probably sign the Bannerman Mining Bill today.”
凡·怀克的伦敦电报说:
Van Wyck’s London cable says:
保守派将会支持新的航♥空♥计划。
“Conservatives will support the new air program.”
东京:“戈登先生的身体状况很好。阑尾没有破裂。
Tokyo: “Mr. Gordon’s condition excellent. Appendix had not burst.
“我们在金枪鱼工厂大火中的财产损失将不超过1.5万美元。”
“Our property loss in our tuna-factory fire will amount to not more than $15,000.”
据悉,Cheyne先生。
8:45, Mr. Cheyne.
-我们的客人还在睡觉?——是的,先生。
– Our guests still asleep? – Yes, sir.
雷诺会在11点开车送他们去康涅狄格,先生。
Reynolds will drive them out to Connecticut at 11:00, sir.
-那就让他们多睡一个小时。-很好,先生。
– Well, let them sleep an hour more. – Very good, sir.
你今晚在家吃饭吗?-我不知道。
– Will you be dining at home tonight? – I don’t know.
-你可以打电♥话♥到办公室找我。-很好,先生。
– You can call me at the office. – Very good, sir.
伯恩斯,把这个给我儿子。让他用私人线路给我办公室打个电♥话♥。
Burns, give this to my son. Have him call me at the office on a private wire.
很好,先生。
Very well, sir.
我现在叫醒他们好吗,彭斯先生?
Shall I waken them now, Mr. Burns?
不,谢恩先生想让宝贝们多睡一个小时。
No, Mr. Cheyne wants the dear things to sleep an hour longer.
在我看来,他们永远不会醒来。
They can never wake up, as far as I’m concerned.
是的,大♥师♥哈维?
Yes, Master Harvey?
嗯,伯恩斯说过……
Well, Burns said that…
哦,他来了。
Oh, here he is now.
是吗?
Yes?
您的早餐会在餐厅准备好,哈维少爷。
Your breakfast will be ready in the dining room, Master Harvey.
是的,但是……
Yes, but…
但是…
But…
哦,很好。
Oh, very well.
它希望早餐在房♥间里。准备托盘。
It wants its breakfast in its rooms. Prepare the tray.
为什么我饿了就不能下楼吃早饭呢?
Why can’t I go downstairs and eat my breakfast if I’m hungry?
你在别人家里就是这么做的吗?
Is that the way you act in people’s houses?
在人们的家里,当你饿的时候,他们让你吃。
In people’s houses, they let you eat when you’re hungry.
好吧,你是我的客人,你要照我说的去做。
Well, you’re my guest, and you’ll do as I say.
而且,我打赌你从来没有在床上吃过早餐。
Besides, I bet you never had breakfast in bed.
我妈妈有,但是一个男人有它太娘娘腔了,除非他生病了。
My mother has it, but it’s sissy for a fellow to have it, unless he’s sick.
你说谁娘娘腔?
Who are you calling a sissy?
我会处理的。
I’ll take care of it.
你是说我娘娘腔?
Did you say I was a sissy?
我说有些人会觉得吃托盘里的东西很娘娘腔。
I said some people might think eating off of trays was sissy.
我们还是去吃点东西吧,哈维?
Well, let’s get something to eat anyway, huh, Harvey?
你听到我点的了。
You heard me order it.
去吧,查尔斯。就在你的房♥间里。
Go ahead, Charles. It’ll be in your room.
你想吃点早餐,是吗?
You want to have some breakfast, don’t you?
是的。
Yes.
我喜欢人们吃东西的方式。
I like to eat the way people eat.
我的会在我的房♥间吗?
Will mine be in my room?
确定。你以为我们只有一个仆人吗?
Sure. Think we only got one servant?
等一下,波吉。
Wait a minute, Pogey.
你为什么要到处惹怒他?
Why do you want to go around making him mad for?
如果是呢?
What if he is?
你就是不记得一件事。
You just can’t remember one single thing.
让我父亲去找他父亲…
Getting my father to get his father…
让他和我们一起过复活节是一个阴谋,不是吗?
to make him spend the Easter with us was a plot, wasn’t it?
——是的。——进来。
– Yes. – Come in.
那你为什么要到处破坏阴谋?
Well, then, what do you want to go around spoiling plots for?
我只是想让他觉得他欠你什么。
I just wanted to make him feel he owed you something.
如果你想喝咖啡,你能来吗?——确定。我就是不喜欢它。
– Could you get coffee if you wanted it? – Sure. I just don’t like it.
-你想来点吗?-不,我喜欢可可。
– Do you want some? – No, I like cocoa.
你父亲让我给你这个。
Your father instructed me to give you this.
——为什么?-他不相信我
– What for? – He didn’t confide in me.
如果你起来了,你就给他打电♥话♥。
You’re to telephone him, if you get up.
你还想要什么吗?——是的。你可以帮我把浴缸填满。
– Is there anything more you wish? – Yes. You can fill my bath for me.
与快乐。
With pleasure.
我们以为你在床上。
We thought you were in bed.
不,我要在那张桌子上吃我的。
No, and I’m going to eat mine on that desk.
复活节结束了,你难过吗?-我不知道。
– Are you sorry Easter’s over? – I don’t know.
你不是玩得很开心吗?
Haven’t you been having a lot of fun?
我想是这样。
I guess so.
你是从天意来的,对吗?
You’re the one that’s from Providence, aren’t you?
啊哈。
Uh-huh.
我想一个来自上帝的孩子一定会很高兴到纽约去旅行的。
Why, I’d think a boy from Providence’d be very happy to make a trip to New York.
我来自印第安纳州。
I’m from way out in Indiana.
好吧。
All right.
我有个弟弟,我打赌他会很高兴拥有你拥有的所有奢侈品。
I’ve got a little brother that I bet’d be happy to have all the luxuries you’ve had.
他可以住我的房♥间。
He can have my room.
你好。爸爸,你好吗?
Hello. Hello, Father?
请稍等。我去看看你父亲在不在。
Just a moment. I’ll see if your father’s in.
早上,儿子。什么?
Morning, Son. What?
我现在要回学校了。
I’m going back to school now.
是的,先生。40美元。
Yes, sir. $40.
就是这样。我想你应该找个地方停下来吃午饭……
That’s it. I thought you might have to stop for lunch somewhere…
在你回到学校之前你可以给孩子们治病。
before you get back to school. You can treat the boys.
玩得开心,儿子。六月见。再见。
Have a good time, Son. See you in June. Goodbye.
再见,爸爸。
Goodbye, Father.
他是个很棒的男孩。
He’s a wonderful boy.
他当时5岁。
He was 5 here.
我希望他母亲能活到现在。
I wish his mother had lived to see him now.
他10岁了,但他是他校报的编辑之一。
10 years old and yet he’s one of the editors of his school paper.
想。
Think of that.
现在,手表。
Now, watch.
坐起来,康拉德。
Sit up, Conrad.
你听到了吗?坐起来!
Do you hear me? Sit up!
坐起来!移♥动♥。
Sit up! Move.
这不是我的金银岛的样子
This isn’t the way my Treasure Island looks.
这是人们第一次看到金银岛
It’s the very first way anybody ever saw Treasure Island.
哎呀,很值钱,是吧?
Gee, it’s very valuable, huh?
确定。你想要吗?
Sure. Would you like to have it?
-它是你父亲的。-没有。
– It belongs to your father. – It does not.
这是我父亲给我的,这样我长大后就能拥有它。
My father gave it to me so as I could have it when I grow up.
-你把它当作礼物吧,查尔斯。-你现在就走。
– You take it as a present, Charles. – You’re going now.
哎呀!
Gee whiz!
我很高兴你喜欢这本书,查尔斯。
I’m glad you like the book, Charles.
听着,哈维,也许我不该接受它
Look, Harvey, maybe I oughtn’t to take it.
没关系。
That’s all right.
那只是出于友谊。
That’s just an act of friendship.
什么时候,也许,你会想为我们做一个友好的举动。
Sometime, maybe, you’ll want to do an act of friendship for us.
什么?
What?
哦,也许我们可以加入水牛的行列。
Oh, maybe we might like to join the Buffaloes.
你是水牛中的一员,对吗?
You’re the president of the Buffaloes, aren’t you?
是啊,但是俱乐部里还有15个人。
Yeah, but there’s 15 other fellows in the club.
是啊,但当你们在泰勒先生的房♥间见面时…
Yeah, but when you get together in Mr. Tyler’s room…
还有烤棉花糖和其他东西…
and toast marshmallows and things…
你说过你要让谁进来,对吧?
you talk about who you’re going to let in, don’t you?
我不被允许说出我们在做什么。
I’m not allowed to tell what we do.
这就是你要做的。你坐在泰勒先生的壁炉旁…
That’s all you do. You sit around Mr. Tyler’s fireplace
谈论露营之类的事情。
and talk about camping and things like that.
那么,你想做一个友谊的行为吗?
Well, do you want to do an act of friendship?
如果别人不想让你进来怎么办?
What if the others don’t want you in?
听着,查尔斯……
Now look here, Charles…
你喜欢被总统,不是吗?
you like being the president, don’t you?
当然,我做的。这是一个荣誉职位。
Certainly I do. It’s an office of honor.
如果你不再是总统呢?
And what if you weren’t the president anymore?
-你对此无能为力。-哦,是的,我可以。
– You can’t do anything about it. – Oh, yes, I can.
如果你不在学校呢?
What if you weren’t at the school anymore?
我要去学校了。
I’m going to be at the school.
哈维可以买♥♥下学校然后关闭它哈维,你不能?
Harvey could buy the school and shut it up. Couldn’t you, Harvey?
不。这不会发生。
No. That isn’t what would happen.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!