I was thinking about going to bath.
贝丝
Bess,
我去疗养的这段时间你可以呆在这照顾我们的丈夫
You can stay here and look after our husband whilst I take the cure.
行啊 威廉 为什么不呢
Yes, William. Why not?
让G现在去 等你有空的时候我们可以去找她
If g goes now, we can catch up with her when you’re free.
好吧 如果你一定要去的话
Well, if you must.
德文郡公爵夫人上周戴着一顶头巾式女帽现身巴斯
“the duchess of Devonshire appeared last week in bath in a mobcap.
公爵夫人自从开始参与选举活动以来
her grace, ever since initiation into the business of electioneering,
一直表现出极度亲民的姿态
has been much attached to the mobs.”
非常好
Very good.
你最喜欢的是哪张?
So which one is your favorite?
这张 – 是呀
this one. – yeah.
这张里 你好像正在取得连胜
In this one it seems you’ve hit a winning streak, for once.
不错
Very good.
这张里你…
And in this one you see…
为了吸引选民而穿这样的裙子合适吗
Is that dress really an appropriate way to attract voters?
你们这些政客对时尚真是一窍不通
You politicians know absolutely nothing about fashion.
但如果你真要问我最爱哪个的话
But if you were to really ask me which my favorite was,
我得说就是现在这个
I’d say it was this one.
早上好 查理斯 – 早上好
morning, Charles. – morning.
早安 先生
Good day to you, sir.
好极了 谢谢
It’s perfect. Thank you.
就知道我们会给你个惊喜 G
Thought we would surprise you, g.
我记得你曾说过我们的婚姻不够你情我愿
I think you once said there wasn’t enough spontaneity in our marriage
这类意思的话
Or words to that effect.
妈妈 你来做什么
Mama, what are you doing here?
那么 你在巴斯见了什么我们的熟人吗
So, have you seen many of our circle in bath?
有一些
Some.
科克一家 哈弗德 还有威克洛阁下
The Cokes and Haverford and lord Wicklow.
还见了些政客吧 不是吗 开会之类的
Bunch of politicos, too, aren’t there? Meetings and such.
我想是的
I believe.
格雷在这吗 我是说查理斯·格雷
Is Grey here? By which I mean mr. Charles Grey.
有传言说他在这里
Rumor has it that he is.
我不会离开他的 – 乔治安娜
i won’t give him up. – georgiana.
每个人都有自己的爱人 我丈夫有贝丝
Everyone has a lover. Bess is the lover of my husband.
如果你还有一点判断力的话
If you had shown some discretion,
就该知道两件事不一样 – 不一样?
it might have been different. – different?
你们之间的风流事还没见报已经算你运气了
The only good fortune is it hasn’t yet made it to the papers.
亲爱的 格雷还是单身 他没有金钱没有地位
My dear, Grey is unmarried. He has no wealth, no rank.
跟你在一起他不承担任何风险 最后吃亏的只有你
He risks nothing with this affair. The hazard is all yours.
格雷爱我 – 威廉也爱你
grey loves me. – so does William.
是的 我爱你
Yes. I love you.
怎么爱的?
How?
以我理解的方式
In the way I understand love.
乔治安娜 你玩过火了 这不符合我们的身份
Georgiana, this has gone much too far. It is beneath our dignity.
整个伦敦都在谈论这件事 – 让他们去说
all london is talking. – let them talk.
如果因为格雷让我被说成一个荡♥妇♥ 那也没什么
If Grey makes me a fallen woman, well and good.
让威廉休了我去娶贝丝做德文郡公爵夫人好了
Now William may divorce me and Bess becomes duchess of Devonshire.
决不可能
That will never happen.
这件事你自己处理吧
I think I will leave you to it.
现在怎么样?
What follows now?
你又打算扒掉我的衣服强行跟我亲热吗
Are you going to tear my clothes off and force yourself upon me again?
我到底为何要那么做呢
Why on earth would I do that?
我知道你从未关注过我的行为或是思想 G
I know that you’ve never thought much of my manners or my intellect, g.
但事实上我从不做毫无目的之事
But, in fact, I never do anything that serves no purpose.
我清楚地知道你俩之间是怎么回事
I know precisely what you two have together.
我们彼此相爱 – 我不怀疑这一点
we love each other. – i do not doubt it.
他跟你一样是个幻想家
He is a dreamer like yourself,
你们都幻想着一个不存在且永远不会出现的世界
And you both dream of another world that does not exist and it never will.
至于现实 允许我提醒你
As for reality, allow me to enlighten you.
如果你不立即离开他 我保证
If you do not give him up at once, I will see to it
会让他在这个国家身无分文 无处可去
That every home and every checkbook in this country is closed to him.
他将被政♥府♥大厅拒之门外
He will be welcomed neither in the halls of government
也永远走不进权力的帐下
Nor in its backrooms of power.
他成为首相的梦想
His dream of becoming prime minister
还有你们共同的改变世界的梦想
And your mutual fantasy of a changed world
将如死灰般沉寂下去
Will be dead as ash.
你也再不会有机会看到你的孩子们
And you will never see your children again.
乔治安娜
Georgiana.
我必须请您返回伦敦
I must ask you to return to london.
你不一起回去? – 不
without you? – yes.
这些是女儿们写给你的
These are from our girls.
小哈特没有写信给你 不过当然 他还不到一岁
Little Hart neglected to write, but then, of course, he’s not yet one.
这将成为你一生中最大的错误 – 不会的
this will be the mistake of your life. – no.
多年前我已经犯下了这样的错误
I made that many years ago.
我相信你知道怎么出去
I trust you can see yourself out.
见鬼 把门打开 – 大人
damn you, man, open the door! – your grace.
妈妈 妈妈
Mama, mama, mama, mama!
妈妈 妈妈 妈妈
Mama, mama, mama.
好了 孩子们 – 妈妈 我爱你
come on, girls. – mama. I love you.
孩子们 去吧 妈妈一会儿就去找你们
Girls, run along. Your mother will join you in a minute.
快点
Come on.
去吧
Run along.
G
G.
要知道我很高兴
You must know how greatly pleased I am
我们能达成协议
That we have come to an arrangement.
这么长时间没有母亲在身边对于小孩子不是什么好事
It’s not good for little ones to be without their mother for so long.
牺牲我的生活换取孩子们的幸福 – 你可以这么说
my life for theirs. – that’s one way of putting it.
你母亲称之为”牺牲小我完成大我”
Your mother called it “common decency before personal gratification,”
类似这样的说法 原话我记不清了
Or some such thing. The exact words escape me.
“囚禁在自己的房♥子里”才是真吧
How about “imprisoned in my own house”?
不 她不是这么说的
No. That’s not how she put it.
这个我还是记得的
I would have remembered that.
乔治安娜
Georgiana!
放开我
Unhand me!
乔治安娜
Georgiana!
乔治安娜 请你放开我
Georgiana! Will you please unhand me?
失陪一下
Excuse me.
乔治安娜 求你了
Georgiana! Please.
乔治安娜
Georgiana!
谢谢你 伯利 – 放开他吧
thank you, Burleigh. – let him go.
我每天都给你写很多封信 可你一封也没回
I have written a dozen times a day. Still, there is nothing from you.
发生什么事情了? 你不再爱我了吗
What has happened? Do you love me no longer?
我对你的感情从未改变 – 那我们就应该重新在一起
my personal feelings remain unaltered. – then we must be together again.
我要娶你 我要和你生下我们的孩子
I want to marry you. I want you to bear my children.
我不会在乎你是生男还是生女
And I don’t care if they’re boys or girls!
我也希望能那样 – 可以的 我们能做到的
i wish it could be that way. – it can. It will.
无论多么努力我们都躲不开悲痛
Sorrows will come however we try to avoid them.
我们一定要坚持到底 永不放弃
We must stay the course and never give in.
不 查理斯 – 你应该离开这 跟我在一起
no, Charles. – you must leave and be with me.
一个自♥由♥的女人 就现在 我们现在就走
A free woman. Now! Let us leave now!
我不能抛弃我的孩子
I cannot abandon my children.
听听你是在要我做些什么
Listen to what you are asking me to do.
怎么了 不喜欢鸽子肉?
What’s the matter? Don’t like the pigeon?
我觉得挺好啊
I find it quite decent.
我怀了查理斯·格雷的孩子
I’m carrying Charles Grey’s child.
请你把我的决定告诉公爵夫人
Please be so kind as to inform the duchess of my decision.
是这样的
This is how it will be.
你会被送去乡下 在那里生下这个孩子
You will be taken to the country where you will give birth to the child,
然后这个孩子会被送到查理斯·格雷家抚养
And the child will be trusted to the care of Charles Grey’s family.
你在听吗
Are you listening?
我想她听到了 我们走吧
I think she’s heard you. Let’s leave her.
乔治安娜 求你了 – 我说过了 我们走吧
georgiana, please. – i said let’s leave.
这事没有商量的余地 我们只是来告诉她我的决定
This is not a discussion. She’s been informed of my decision.
可怜可怜她吧 威廉 – 可怜个鬼
have pity on her, William. – pity be damned.
你也知道 这都是她自找的
She’s brought this upon herself, as well you know.
走吧 – 不 我要和她一起去
now come. – no. I will go with her.
你哪儿也不许去
But you’re not going anywhere.
我要和G一起去 只要G愿意
I will go with g, if g will have me,
无论你说什么做什么都不能阻止我们
And there’s nothing you can do or say to stop either of us.
谢谢你陪我来 – 我怎么能放你一个人来呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!