Would you permit me an observation?
我认为你这么做是为了博得人们对你的喜爱
I believe you do it so that people will love you.
为什么你这么说? – 我看到的就是如此
what makes you say that? – from what I’ve seen.
对你丈夫 你的朋友们 尤其是贝丝夫人
With your husband, your friends, especially lady Bess,
甚至是公众
Even the public.
我从没这么想过
I never thought of it that way before.
你让我听起来可怜兮兮的
You make me sound so pitiable.
乔治安娜
Georgiana.
我说得太多了 对不起
I’ve gone beyond my brief. I apologize.
请相信我是为了你才那么说的
Please believe it was only for your sake that I spoke.
告诉我吧 到底怎么了
Please, tell me what is wrong.
我怕在我的人生中 有些事我做得太迟了
I fear I’ve done some things in life too late
而有些事又太早
And others too early.
不 你没有
No, you haven’t.
对不起
I’m sorry.
谢谢
Thank you.
好吧
All right.
好吧?
“all right”?
你们彼此相爱吗
Do you love each other?
乔治安娜… – 您爱贝丝吗 大人?
georgiana… – do you love Bess, your grace?
你这是扯到哪去了? – 我对他没任何要求
where is all this leading? – i make no demands on him.
那么 贝丝 你爱我丈夫吗 – 就像我爱你一样
and, Bess, do you love my husband? – as I do you.
这么说你执意要留下来了?
And so you intend to stay?
威廉也问过我了 是的
William has asked that I do.
在你心里 你不想拒绝他 是吧?
You couldn’t find it in your heart to refuse him?
不想
No.
那我们就做笔交易
Then let us make a deal.
交易? – 是的
a deal? – yes.
我会祝福你们
I give you my blessing
如果你能接受我对查理斯·格雷的感情
If you will accept my feelings for Charles Grey.
我一开始并没有意识到
I didn’t realize it at first.
我以为那也许只是调情罢了
I thought that perhaps it was only a dalliance.
那能让我高兴
It can make me happy.
交易? 交易
A deal? A deal.
我不做交易
I don’t make deals.
我为什么要呢
Why would i?
一切由我做主
I’m in charge of it all.
你知道 我可以把他叫出来 要求决斗
You know, I would call him out. I would challenge him.
我会一枪崩了他 – 威廉
i’d put a bullet in his head. – william.
住嘴 你非得让我沦为彻头彻尾的笑柄吗
Be quiet. Are you determined to make me a total laughingstock?
先是生不下男孩 再戴顶绿帽子?
A man who cannot sire a son, and then a cuckold?
威廉 乔治安娜想要的只是我们自己…
William. Georgiana only asks what we ourselves…
你给我住嘴
Be quiet, woman!
你是她的情妇? – 不
are you his whore? – no.
可我不明白你为什么在乎
But I can’t see why you’d mind.
你有贝丝和三个儿子 – 三个儿子?
you have Bess and three boys! – three boys?
你觉得我能让那些杂种成为我的继承人吗
Do you think I can make those bastards my heirs?
你这么想?
Well? Do you?
威廉
William!
你真是一点都不了解我 是不是?
You don’t know me in the least, do you?
不 我了解 我们不般配
Yes, I do. We’re a bad match.
结婚时我就要两件事 忠诚和男性继承人
I asked but two things when we wed, loyalty and a male heir.
就和你的狗一样
The same as your dogs!
不 别碰我 别碰我!
No, don’t touch me! Don’t touch me!
别碰我
Get off!
别碰我
Get off me!
你就是这么对她的? 你就是这么对你的情妇的?
Is this how you treat her? Is this how you treat your whore?
不 不
No! No!
不 不 不
No! No! No!
不要
No!
跟我来 夏洛特 跟我来
Come with me. Charlotte, come with me.
不 不
No! No!
给我生个男孩 在那之前 好好呆着 照我说的做
Give me a son. Until then, stay here and do as I say.
有请获胜者福克斯先生 人♥民♥的守护者!
I give you the winner. Mr. Fox, the man of the people!
有请我们的”武器” 德文郡公爵夫人
And I give you the weapon, the duchess of Devonshire.
谢谢
Thank you.
感谢所有人 来参加今天的欢迎会
Thank you, all of you, for this reception today.
今天我们赢得了选举 明天我们将创造未来
Today we have won the vote. Tomorrow we define the future!
大人 – 大人
your grace. – your grace.
大人 – 大人
your grace. – your grace.
夫人
Your grace.
夫人 – 夫人
your grace. – your grace.
夫人 能赏脸跳支舞吗
Will your grace give me the favor of a dance?
站稳 G
Steady, g.
火 – 乔治安娜
fire! – georgiana!
夫人
Your grace!
夫人的头发
Her grace’s hair!
快做点什么
Do something!
请把夫人头发上的火扑灭
Please put out her grace’s hair.
夫人需要休息
Her grace needs to rest.
只要她严格按照指示
As long as she follows strict instructions
腹中胎儿就不会有大碍
There should be no impediment to the birth.
你说什么
What are you talking about?
公爵夫人怀孕了
The duchess is pregnant.
还有那儿
And there.
谢谢 希顿
Thank you, Heaton.
进来
Come.
夫人
Your grace.
依照公爵的财产继承条约 这是给您的
As per the terms of his grace’s inheritance, this is for you
任您使用
To spend as you wish.
终于成功了
Success at last.
乔治安娜
Georgiana.
我也很痛恨这一切
I, too, abhor this whole thing.
过 还是出牌?
Twist or stick?
出牌 – 出牌?
stick. – stick?
那我也出
I’ll stick, too, then.
我看看
Let’s see.
你赢了 干得不错啊
You won. Well done.

Come on.

Come on.

Come on.
妈妈 你忘发牌了
Mama, you forgot to deal.
夫人 – 格雷先生
your grace. – mr. Grey.
你被从法国召回来了? – 只是一阵子
you are recalled from france? – for a while.
还没有革命吗
No revolution yet?
没 还没有 但这只是时间问题
No, not yet, but it’s only a matter of time.
你怎么会来这? – 我收到了一份邀请
how is it you are here? – i received an invitation.
作为党派的代表 我不能不来
I assumed it was on behalf of the party. I could not say no.
那是当然
Of course.
我生了个儿子
I bore a son.

Yes.
他的名字是威廉·乔治·斯宾塞·卡文迪什
His name is William George Spencer Cavendish,
哈廷顿侯爵 我们叫他哈特
Marquis of Hartington. We call him Hart.
你和公爵一定很高兴吧
You and the duke must be very pleased.
是的
We are.
公爵去伦敦庆祝了
The duke has gone to london to celebrate.
我好想你
You have been missed.
非常想你
Much missed.
十注押Q – 四注押5
ten on the queen. – four on five.
请不要再下注
And no more bets, please.
4 败
The losing card, four.
Q 胜
The winning card, queen.
进展不错 八注押3
Jolly good. Eight on the three.
下五注押5
Put five on the five.
押5的都输了 G
All of the fives have gone, g.
我觉得太累了 不想玩了
I think I’m too tired to play.
先生们 – 夫人
gentlemen. – your grace.
乔治安娜
Georgiana.
不需让任何人知道
No one must know.
是你邀请格雷来的 – 晚安
you summoned Grey. – good night.
我想到巴斯去

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!