It’ll be too late for you by then, old pal.
你不是想丢下我吧
You ain’t thinking of leaving me.
我觉得永井那伙人不会让我留下来
I don’t think Nagai’s men want me here.
但有十个人希望你别走
I can think of ten of us that do.
我说过 你是我唯一关心的人
Like I said, you’re the only one I give a damn about.
有时那个小子也蛮对我胃口
You and the kid sometimes.
瑞德 别做傻事
Don’t try it, Red.
回头见 吉比
I’ll see you, Gibby.
叫杜克和彼特看好他
Tell Duke and Pitt to keep an eye on him.
帕特罗村 距战俘营两英里处
没人知道我们来这儿吧
Is there anyone who doesn’t know we’re out here?
对他们来说 这太难理解了 长官
It’s hard for them to understand, sir.
他们看见美国士兵 还以为战争结束了
They see American soldiers, they think the war is over.
好 好
All right, all right.
中校 谈谈我的人在你的任务中该干点啥
Colonel, may I discuss with you the role of my men in your mission?
你的人手负责防守侧翼 上尉
Your men will be screening our flanks, Captain.
这也是我们的战争 我们跟日本人打了三年
Sir, this is our war, too. We’ve been fighting the Japanese for three years.
帕荷塔上尉
Captain Pajota,
我知道日本人的暴行让你怒火中烧
I understand your anger at what the Japs did to your people today.
换作是我 也想报仇
If I were you, I’d also want revenge.
但这次行动的目的不是复仇
But this mission has objectives of its own.
长官 我手下都是训练有素的战士
Sir, my men are disciplined fighters.
巴林卡林的事 他们早就习惯了
What happened at Balincarin is not new to them.
你的人手对侧翼来说非常重要
Your men will be of great value on our flanks.
欧葛瑞迪少尉 我要离席了
Lieutenant O’Grady, I’m going to step away.
帮我谢谢村民的热情款待
My compliments to the villagers for their hospitality.
我会的
I’ll see to it, sir.
-上尉 -中校
-Captain. -Colonel.
要我看看你的脚吗 上尉
Want me to take a look at those feet, Captain?
麻烦你
Yeah.
天晓得你是怎么一路撑过来的 鲍伯
God only knows how you walk on these, Bob.
还好中校不晓得这件事
You’re lucky the colonel doesn’t know about this.
医生 你知道他在想什么吗
Doc, can you figure him out?
-你是说穆希 -对
-Mucci? -Yeah.
每次我自以为摸清了他的心思 他都让我大吃一惊
Every time I think I have, he surprises me.
有时候 甚至会让我惊喜
Not always in a bad way.
我来参加这次行动 都是为了他
He’s the reason I joined the Rangers.
以往我对他唯命是从
There was a time I’d follow him anywhere,
但近来我们总是针锋相对
but all we seem to do now is butt heads.
你该明白 他不见得喜欢你跟他顶嘴
You know, he may not like you standing up to him…
但我怀疑这正是他带上你的原因
but I suspect that’s why he chose you.
我想不出还能有什么原因
I can’t imagine any other reason
他干嘛对你这双烂脚视而不见
why he’d ignore these jungle-rotted dogs of yours.
况且 你认为他现在很开心吗
Besides, think he’s out there feeling on top of the world?
那就是帕荷塔上尉提到的车队
That’s the convoy Captain Pajota was talking about.
可恶 看来他们在加强战俘营的防御工事
Damn, looks like they’re reinforcing the camp.
嘿 杜克 醒醒
Hey, Duke, wake up.
轮到你看守瑞德
It’s your turn to keep watch on Red.
好吧 知道了
Yeah. Yeah.
第四天 1月30日
他不见了
He’s gone.
该死的 他跑了 你竟然睡着了
He’s gone, dammit. You fell asleep.
因为有一个人违抗我的命令
Because one man disobeyed me…
我要十个人为此付出代价
ten others will pay the price.
别这样 这是我的错
No. Look, my fault.
求求你
Please.
求你了 这是我的错
Please. My fault.
他们昨晚运送补给到战俘营
They resupplied the camp last night.
除了燃料之外 还增加了人手
Brought in fuel and fresh troops.
显然是有什么计划
Looks like they’re up to something.
多少人
How many?
150到200人 长官
Between 150 and 200 of ’em, sir.
上尉
Captain?
我本打算派F连第二小队去守住卡布桥
I was depending on the second platoon of Fox to hold the Cabu bridge,
但若日军派三百人到战俘营
but if the Japs have 300 men in the camp,
我们发动攻击时需要全员出动
we’ll need everyone on the raid.
看守卡布桥也许不需要那么多人
Maybe we can hold the bridge with less men.
让莱利派一个小队的人去够不
Can you make do with just one squad from Riley’s platoon?
恐怕不行 长官
I don’t think so, sir.
帕荷塔上尉说 日军昨晚加强了桥上的防御工事
Captain Pajota said the Japs reinforced the bridge last night.
要是帕荷塔上尉能早点告诉我就好了
Well, I wish Captain Pajota had shared this information with me earlier.
去看看
Let’s take a look.
卡布桥 战俘营以东半英里处
去数人头
Get a count.
有什么好数的
With respect, sir, what’s to count?
莱利少尉说得对 长官 对方有一千人
Lieutenant Riley’s right, sir. That’s a thousand men over there.
上尉 过来看看 桥在这里
Captain, may I show you something? Here’s the bridge.
中校
Colonel.
大家信心开始动摇了 对不对
The others are beginning to lose faith, aren’t they?
-他们不会辜负你的 -不是辜不辜负我的问题
-They won’t let you down. -It’s not a question of letting me down.
辛苦训练这么久 他们有权争取荣誉
We worked hard to raise a fine unit. They deserve their shot at glory.
我觉得我们不是为了荣誉 长官
I don’t suppose many of us are in this for the glory, sir.
我没在谈论什么公♥关♥宣传 鲍伯
I’m not talking about publicity, Bob.
而是知道自己贡献了一己之力 扭转局势
It’s the glory you carry inside you the rest of your life
觉得无愧于心的那种荣耀
knowing you’ve done something, something that made a difference.
我唯一在乎的是 那些战俘的赞美
The only recognition I want is from those boys in that camp.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
你是来劝我改变主意
Did you come here to change my mind?
不 长官
No, sir.
我是来告诉你 不管你决定怎么做都对
I came to tell you that whatever you decide, it’ll be the right choice.
有时候 坚定不移的信念才最重要
Some things you gotta take on faith.
帕荷塔上尉自愿去守桥
Captain Pajota has volunteered to hold the bridge,
你要不要听听他的看法
if you’re willing to hear him out.
哦 你最好回避一下 让我私下跟他赔罪
Well, you better give me a moment alone with him so I can eat some humble pie.
遵命
Yes, sir.
帕荷塔上尉
Captain Pajota?
等他们走到这里 我们再炸桥
We wait until they are at this point, then we blow up the bridge.
可是我们的炸♥药♥不够
We don’t have enough explosives to bring it down.
只要挡住他们的车辆就好
All we need to do is damage it enough to stop their vehicles.
希望能把敌军士兵放过来
We want the soldiers to come.
只要道路两侧都有我的人
If I place my men on either side of the road,
就可以用交叉火力夹击他们
we’ll trap them in a crossfire.
他们会绕道反包围你们的
They’ll go around the bridge and try to outflank you.
日本人跟菲律宾人打时 绝不会绕道
The Japanese don’t go around, not when they’re fighting Filipinos.
因为他们瞧不起我们
They don’t have enough respect for us as soldiers.
-其他人怎么样 -大家都很害怕
-How are the others? -Scared.
他们在等你说话 长官
They’re waiting to hear what you have to say, sir.
我不知道还能跟大家说什么
I don’t know what to tell them anymore.
我可以暂时代你出面 长官
I can say something on your behalf, sir.
等你身体好点再说
Until you feel better.
你写信的文笔好不好
Are you any good at writing letters?
那就要看是写什么信了
It depends what kind of letter.
我不太确定
I’m not sure myself.
我已经提笔十几次了 但都半途而废
I already started a dozen times and tore it up.
我的床垫下有纸笔
There’s a… pencil and paper under my mat.
这封信要写给谁
Who you writing to?
一个叫玛格丽特的女人
A lady named Margaret.
我已经不确定自己有多了解她了
I’m not sure how well I know her anymore.
我在自己的幻想世界中太久了
I’ve been living in my imagination so long,
担心会把信写成疯狂的情书
I’m afraid I’ll write some crazy love letter…
让彼此都下不了台
and embarrass us both.
瑞德似乎不这么想
Red didn’t seem to think so.
他是怎么跟你说的
What’d he tell you?
说她的感觉和你一样
That she felt the same way you did.
只要你一句话 她一定会离开她丈夫
That she’d have left her husband if you’d wanted her to.
我原认为只要按规矩办 就会有好事发生
Guess I thought that if I did the right thing, some good would come of it.
说来好笑
It’s funny.
我花了三年
I’ve spent the last three years
构思想要对她说的话
thinking of all the things I wanna say to her.
现在却不知该从何开始
Now I don’t even know how to begin.
“亲爱的玛格丽特”如何
How about, “Dear Margaret”?
我们找到了一直要找的人
We found the people we were looking for.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!