我们都会帮你
We all are.
-没错 -我会帮你
– That’s right. – I’ll help you.
我本来每天去迪克松医生家干活的时候
I used to take a shortcut every day
都会抄近路
when I went to work at Dr. Dixon’s house.
从那个农场主的下等田走
Cut through that farmer’s lower 40 to get there.
有一天 这个农场主端了杆枪在等我
One day this farmer was waiting for me with a gun.
说要是我再踏上他的地 就杀了我
Said he’d shoot me dead if I walked on his land again.
迪克松医生用双倍价钱
Dr. Dixon went and paid
买♥♥下了那农场主的两亩地
that farmer double for two of those acres.
跟他说自己也要开始种地
Told him he was gonna start farming, too.
其实他是专门为我买♥♥的
But he bought that just for me,
这样我去干活能方便些
so I could get to work easy.
他确实那么做了
He did.
我一直服侍乔琳小姐的妈妈直到她去世
I worked for Miss Jolene’s mother till the day she died.
然后她的女儿 南希小姐
Then her daughter, Miss Nancy,
让我去服侍她
asked me to come and work for her.
南希小姐非常好
Miss Nancy is a real sweet lady.
但是乔琳小姐的妈妈遗愿说
But Miss Jolene’s ma done put
我要服侍乔琳小姐
it in her will I got to work for Miss Jolene.
乔琳小姐是个坏心眼
Miss Jolene’s a mean woman.
坏得不一般
Mean for sport.
上帝啊 我也想换份工作
Lord, I tried to find another job.
但大家都觉得
But in everybody’s mind
我归法兰奇家和乔琳小姐所有
the French family and Miss Jolene owned me.
归他们所有
Owned me.
这周感恩节 我下班早
I leave early this week for Thanksgiving.
我们最后一次编辑会议在十二月十七日
Our last editors’ meeting is December 17th,
如果想要我们看你作品的话
so if you want a prayer of this getting read,
最好那时候之前给我
I’d better have it by then.
只有三个礼拜啊 斯坦小姐
That’s in three weeks, Miss Stein.
是啊 不然就要丢进作品堆了
Well, otherwise it goes in the pile.
你也不想进作品堆吧
You do not want it in the pile.
不想 女士
Yes, ma’am.
写点有个人色彩的东西
And put something personal in there.
写写那个把你带大的女佣
Write about the maid who raised you.
知道了
I understand.
慈善会之前还有好多事情要做呢
Well, we have a lot of work to do before the benefit, don’t we?
是啊 不过我觉得一切井然有序
I know, but I think we’re on track.
我们准备得不错
We’re doing quite well.
不错
It’s so good.
-是谁 -不知道
– Who’s there? – I don’t know.
艾比琳
Aibileen?
伊丽莎白
Hey, Elizabeth!
是我 西莉亚·富特
It’s me, Celia Foote.
我正好在这附近 就顺便来串个门
I was in the neighborhood. Thought I’d drop by.
大家快躲起来 蹲下来 蹲下来
Everybody hide. Everybody get down, get down.
蹲下来 蹲下来
Get down! Get down! Get down!
-把音乐关了 -我们这是在躲谁呢
– Turn off the music. – Who are we hiding from?
我带了巧克力馅饼
I brought a chocolate pie!
我的佣人米妮做的
My maid, Minny, made it.
她在灌木丛那里
She’s in the bushes.
别再给那些女人们送馅饼去了 明白吗
Don’t be taking those women any more pies, you understand?
她们就把我撂在那儿
They made me stand there
好像我是个吸尘器推销员
like I was the vacuum salesman.
为什么 米妮
Why, Minny?
因为她们知道你被约翰尼先生搞大了肚子
Because they know about you getting knocked up by Mr. Johnny.
她们很生气 因为你嫁了她们圈子里的男人
Mad you married one of their mens.
尤其是希莉小姐正好刚跟
And especially since Miss Hilly and Mr.
约翰尼先生分手
Johnny had just broke up, too.
希莉说不定以为他们还一起的时候
Hilly probably thinks that I was fooling around with Johnny
我就已经开始勾引约翰尼
when they were still going steady.
华特斯太太总是说
And Missus Walters always
希莉小姐还是对约翰尼割舍不下
said Miss Hilly still sweet on Mr. Johnny, too.
怪不得
No wonder!
她们不是讨厌我
They don’t hate me.
而是误会了我做过的事
They hate what they think I did.
她们讨厌你 是因为觉得你是个乡下妞
They hate you ’cause they think you white trash.
我得跟希莉说
I’m just going to have
我不是第三者
to tell Hilly I ain’t no boyfriend stealer.
我决定在周五晚上的慈善会上跟她说
In fact, I’ll tell her Friday night at the benefit.
你最好别去那个慈善会 西莉亚小姐
You don’t need to be going to that benefit, Miss Celia.
听到了吗 就待在家里
Did you hear me? You just stay home.
看来很严重
That looks bad.
让我看看
Let me take a look.
我要去把豌豆煮上
I got to get these peas on.
我知道这不是在浴盆里摔出来的 米妮
I know you didn’t fall in no tub, Minny.
你知道换我会怎么做吗
You know what I’d do if I were you?
我会以牙还牙
I’d give it right back to him.
我会用平底锅砸他的脑袋
I’d hit him over the head with a skillet,
跟他说 你去死吧
and I’d tell him, “Go straight to hell.”
家属 外国慰问者和民众
From here, the members of the family…
将从这儿
…visitors from foreign countries and others
走向圣马修大教堂
will walk to St. Matthew’s Cathedral.
爱德华·肯尼迪参议员走下了汽车
Senator Edward Kennedy getting out of the car.
肯尼迪夫人
Mrs. Kennedy.
罗伯特·肯尼迪和安托尼将军
Robert Kennedy, Attorney General.
亲爱的 我要去海上了
Sweetheart, I gotta get down to the coast.
我会在慈善会之前赶回来
I’ll be back in time for the benefit.
整个世界都乱套了
The world done gone crazy,
斯基特小姐 我很害怕
Miss Skeeter, and I’m scared.
要是被发现我们写的东西
What if people find out what we writing,
发现美丽城其实就是杰克逊镇
figure out Niceville really Jackson,
然后对号♥入座
figure out who who?
也许我们得给自己一点保障
Maybe we need us some insurance.
我对上帝发过誓再也不提这事的
I told God I’d never speak of it again.
可现在别无选择
But we ain’t got no choice.
对不起
Sorry.
我要告诉你们
I need to tell y’all about
我对希莉小姐做的难以启齿的坏事
the terrible awful I done to Miss Hilly.
只有这个能保障我们的安全
It might be the only thing that keep us safe.
话说回来
So…
没人会雇一个
Nobody wanted to hire a
说话没礼貌 手脚不干净的黑佣
sass-mouthing, thieving nigra.
是吧
Did they?
馅饼还是那么的好吃 米妮
Oh. Pie’s as good as always, Minny
很高兴你喜欢
I’m glad you like it.
如果我重新雇你
If I take you back,
我得把周薪减掉五美元
I’ll have to cut your pay five dollars a week.
重新雇我
Take me back?
你放了什么 怎么会这么好吃
What do you put in here that makes it taste so good?
墨西哥的上等香草
That good vanilla from Mexico…
还有别的一些特别的东西
…and something else real special.
不 华特斯太太
No, no, no, Missus Walters.
这是特地给希莉小姐做的
That’s Miss Hilly’s special pie.
妈妈吃一块没关系
Mama can have a piece.
给她切一块
Cut her one.
去拿个盘子
Go get a plate.
吃我的屎去吧
Eat my shit.
你说什么
What’d you say?
我说 吃我的屎去吧
I said, “Eat… my… shit.”
你疯了吗
Have you lost your mind?
没有 女士 不过你快疯了
No, ma’am, but you about to,
因为你刚才已经吃了
’cause you just did.
吃了什么
Did what?
而且还不止一块
And you didn’t eat just one.
你吃了两块
You had two slices!
快跑 米妮 快跑
Run, Minny, run!
你找死吗
You trying to get yourself killed?
不 我本来不想说出来
No! I wasn’t planning on telling.
只想看她吃一口
I just wanted to see her take a bite.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!