西莉亚小姐
Miss Celia?
我觉得你的蛋糕烤焦了
I think you done burned up your cake.
该死
Doggone it!
让我看看 日程表上头一件事是什么
OK let’s see. What’s first up on the agenda?
女士们 我们的衣物捐献行动滞后了
We are running behind on our coat drive, girls.
所以赶快收拾一下自己的衣柜
So hurry up and clean out those closets.
但是我们的圣诞慈善义卖♥♥
But our Christmas benefit,
却是有条不紊地进行中 玛丽·白丝
however, is right on schedule. Mary Beth?
通过大家的努力 我可以宣布
Well, thanks to y’all, I can announce that we already filled
用于慈善抽奖的点心都准备好了
every raffle slot for baked goods!
你觉得今年我们能缓解非裔儿童的饥荒问题吗
Think we can put a dent in African children’s hunger this year?
帮了大忙呢
A big dent!
现在
Now…
我最近得知卫生总署署长
…I just found out the surgeon general
已经审阅了我起草的
has reviewed the Home
家居健康卫生倡议书
Health Sanitation Initiative that I drafted,
并将它上报给了巴奈特州长
and he passed it along to Governor Barnett!
斯基特 我们什么时候
Skeeter, when can we expect
能在通讯上看到这则倡议
to see the initiative in the newsletter?
我一个月之前给你的
I gave it to you a month ago.
亲手交给你的
I gave that to you myself.
能站起来讲话吗 斯基特
Would you please stand, Skeeter?
很快就会发表
I’ll have it in there real soon.
很好
Great.
抱歉我来迟了
Sorry I’m late.
谢谢
Thanks.
希莉 通讯的事我真的很抱歉
Hilly, I really am sorry about the newsletter.
不过我妈妈一直在生病
It’s just with Mama being sick and all.
没事的
Oh, it’s fine.
这是您的卧蛋橄榄黑麦包 斯基特小姐
I made you the egg and olive on rye, Miss Skeeter.
谢谢你 亨利
Oh, thank you, Henry.
你还记得
You remembered.
不用谢
You’re welcome.
希莉 告诉她吧 我已经忍♥不住了
Oh, Hilly, tell her. I can hardly stand it.
他要来了
He’s coming.
斯基特 斯图尔特这次
Oh, Skeeter, Stuart’s
肯定会来 就下周六
definitely coming this time. Next Saturday week.
他已经取消过两回
Well, he’s canceled twice before.
你不认为这也许是种暗示
Don’t you think maybe that’s a sign?
怎么能这么说呢
Don’t you dare say that.
你知道我不是他喜欢的类型
You know I’m not gonna be his type.
得了吧 斯基特 我才不会让你错失机会
Damn it, Skeeter, I’m not gonna let you miss out on this
就因为你母亲总跟你说
because your mother convinced you
你配不上他那样的人
you’re not good enough for somebody like him.
周六晚
Saturday night.
早上好
Good morning.
早上好 小宝贝
Good morning, Baby Girl.
早上好
Good morning.
我想我准备好谈谈里弗特小姐的事了
I reckon I’m ready to talk about Miss Leefolt now.
小宝贝晚上睡觉的时候还要垫尿布
Baby Girl still gotta wear a diaper when she sleep at night.
在我早上来之前居然没人帮她换
And it don’t get changed till I get there in the morning.
她得带着屎尿睡上十个小时
That about ten hours she gotta sleep in her mess.
现在里弗特小姐怀了第二胎
Now Miss Leefolt pregnant with her second baby.
主啊 我祈祷这个孩子能够平安降生
Lord… I pray this child turn out good.
要连妈妈都不觉得自己的孩子漂亮
It’s a lonely road
孩子就很孤单了
if a mama don’t think their child is pretty.
你说得对
That’s very true.
里弗特小姐不应该怀孩子
Miss Leefolt should not be having babies.
写下来
Write that down.
崔洛尔希望我这么做
Treelore would like me doing this.
他总是说我们的家庭总有一天要出一个作家
He always said we were gonna have a writer in the family one day.
我原来以为会是他 也许其实是我
I always thought it was gonna be him. Maybe it’s gonna be me.
艾比琳 艾比琳
Aibileen, Aibileen.
他们炸了梅德加·爱华仕家的车棚
They done set a bomb off in Medgar Evers’ carport.
尤·梅把你们的计划跟我说了
Yule Mae told me what y’all was up to.
我简直不能相信
I didn’t want to believe it.
有什么让你觉得黑人需要你的帮助
And just what makes you think colored people need your help?
-你干嘛关心 -米妮
– Why do you care? – Minny.
也许你只是想让艾比琳惹上麻烦
Maybe you just want to get Aibileen in trouble.

No.
我只是想让她表达自己的看法
I want to show her perspective.
这样人们也许能从你们的角度来理解问题
So people might understand what it’s like from your side.
七月四日 美国独♥立♥日 国♥庆♥节
真让人欢天喜地
Well, it’s a real Fourth of July picnic.
整个周末 我们都盼望着
It’s what we dream of doing all weekend long.
能回到他们的房♥子里 打磨银器
Get back into they house, polish the silver.
而且我们最爱赚不到
And we just love not making
最低工资或是得不到社会保障
minimum wage or getting Social Security.
更别提我们是如何爱着他们的孩子
And how we love they children when they little.
孩子长大了就和妈妈一模一样
And then they turn out just like they mamas.
我知道
I know.
也许事情能有所改变
Maybe things can change.
哪条法律会说你得善待自己的女佣
What law’s gonna say you gotta be nice to your maid?
你现在也不用接受访谈 米妮
You don’t have to do this now, Minny.
老娘我确实不要
You damn right I don’t!
你们俩把我的心都吓出来了
You two give me the heart palpitations.
她心情不错
And that’s a good mood.
好吧 我可以说出来
All right. I’m gonna do it.
可是我要先确定
But I need to make sure she
她明白这一切可不是儿戏
understands this ain’t no game we playing here.
把你的椅子从桌子底下挪出来 面对着我
Slide your chair out from under that table. Face me.
我要从头到尾盯着你
I need to see you square on at all times.
连你的问题也要我想吗
I gotta come up with your questions, too?
我们从你的出生地开始谈起吧
Let’s begin with where you were born.
密西西比的贝尔佐尼 在我大姨妈的沙发上
Belzoni, Mississippi, on my great-auntie’s sofa.
下一个
Next.
-首先把青豆放下去 -好
– I put the green beans in first. – OK.
接下来便是处理猪排
Then I get on the pork chops
这样我就有功夫做玉米面包了
so I can get started on that cornbread.
米妮一旦谈起食物便滔滔不绝
Once Minny got to talking about food, she liked to never stop.
而当她将话题
And when she got to talking
转移到白人女士们身上
about the white ladies,
就能说上一整晚
it took all night.
她说 “米妮 我要给你放个带薪休假”
Then she say, “Oh, Minny, I’m gonna give you a paid vacation.”
我这辈子算是没见过这玩意
I ain’t never had no paid vacation in my life.
一周后我回来 他们已经搬到莫比尔去了
A week later I come back, and they done moved to Mobile.
好吃懒做小姐怕我会在她搬家前找别的工作
Miss Lazy Fingers scared I’d find a new job before she moved.
是不是 艾比琳
Ain’t that right, Aibileen?
我们需要更多的女佣
We gots to get some more maids.
很难的 你不信去试试
It hard. You go try and see.
行 我这就去
OK, I will.
这下真是一发不可收了
We gone and done it now.
斯基特 快点下来
Skeeter! Get down here!
你来自纽约的包裹到了
Something just arrived from New York for you.
那是什么
What is that?
闪亮烫发器 纽约直销
The Shinalator. All the way from New York City.
我是个好母亲 来吧 坐下
I’m a good mother. Come on. Sit down.
这套仪器整整十一美元 闻起来都觉着贵呢
The whole system cost 11 dollars. Even smells expensive.
今晚的约会上你肯定会光彩夺目
You’re gonna look beautiful on your date tonight.
从你的指间我已经可以感受到了
I can feel the hope in your fingers.
我的天哪
Holy shit.
-你的头发短了五英寸 -上帝啊
– You shrunk five inches. – Oh, my God.
你今晚能穿高跟鞋了
You’ll be able to wear heels tonight.
可别想穿着这双要命的墨西哥老汉鞋出门
You’re not leaving the house in those awful Mexican man shoes.
我能开那辆凯迪拉克吗
Can I take the Cadillac?
我们已经答应要借给卡尔顿和丽贝卡
We promised the Cadillac to Carlton and Rebecca tonight,
这样威廉的堂弟就得自己来接你了
so William’s cousin will just have to come pick you up himself.
我开卡车去算了
I’ll take the truck.
那后面还挂着拖拉机呢
It’s hooked up to the motor grader.
我开慢点不就完了
I’ll drive slow.
斯基特 斯基特

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!