Skeeter! Skeeter!
记住 没有绅士
Now remember, no gentleman
会愿意跟一个怨妇共度一晚
wants to spend the evening with a sourpuss.
别老拉长脸 多笑笑
Don’t mope! Smile!
还有看在上帝的份上
And for heaven’s sakes,
别像个印第安女人似的坐着 把脚并上
don’t sit like some squaw Indian! Cross your ankles!
爱你
I love you!
斯图尔特 她随时会到
Stuart, she’ll be here any minute.
斯基特
Skeeter.
先生们 我们马上回来
Boys, we’ll be right back.
你们先聊聊四分卫什么的吧
Y’all talk about quarterbacks or something.
尤·梅 给斯基特小姐拿瓶可乐
Yule Mae, get Miss Skeeter a Coca-Cola.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
来一杯吗
Want a drink?
水就可以 谢谢
Just water, please.
双份的老肯塔基 不兑水
Double Old Kentucky, straight,
再来杯水打底 要两份
with a water back. Make that two backs.
你确定不用
You sure you don’t want
直接叫一瓶拿吸管喝
to just make it the whole bottle and a straw?
老公 副州长在那边 我们过去打个招呼吧
Honey, there’s the lieutenant governor. Let’s go say hi.
很高兴见到你 先生 您还记得我夫人吗
Good to see you, sir. You remember my wife?
你好吗 很高兴见到你
Hi, how are you? Good to see you.
你平时是做什么的
So, what do you do with your time?
你工作吗
You work?
我写作
I write.
但如今我为杰克逊镇日报的
But right now I’m working on a domestic maintenance column
家居护理专栏供稿
for The Jackson Journal.
你意思是打扫卫生
You mean housekeeping.
天 我想不出
Jesus, I can’t think of
任何比阅读家政专栏更糟的事了
anything worse than reading a cleaning column,
也许除了为这种专栏供稿之外
except for maybe writing one.
我想还有更糟的
Well, I can.
就是成天跟一群油腻腻
Working with a bunch of greasy,
脏兮兮的男人在海上钻井
stinky men in the middle of the ocean.
学做家政女王什么的
It sounds like a ploy to find a husband,
听着就是为了找个好老公
becoming an expert in keeping house.
你还真是聪明 一下就把我看穿了
Well, aren’t you a genius? You figured out my whole scheme.
你们这些念密西西比大学的女孩子
Isn’t that what all you girls from Ole Miss major in…
专业不都是钓金龟婿吗
professional husband hunting?
有谁饿了吗
Who is hungry?
抱歉 可你是不是小时候摔了头
I’m sorry, but were you dropped on your head as an infant?
还是生下来就这么蠢
Or were you just born stupid?
你会做些什么菜
So, what can you cook?
我会做玉米饼
Oh, um, I can cook cornpone.
煮土豆
Boil potatoes.
我会做粗玉米粉
I can do grits.
我想要说有什么菜
I reckon if there’s anything
你一定得学会 就是这个
you ought to know about cooking, it’s this.
自罐装蛋黄酱以来最重要的发明
The most important invention since they put mayonnaise in a jar.
不管你头发上粘了口香糖
You got gum in your hair,
还是家里门缝吱吱作响
you got a squeaky door hinge…
植物油
Crisco.
真漂亮
How pretty.
看起来就像糖霜一样
Looks like frosting.
你眼袋深陷
You got bags under your eyes.
想要取悦你的老公
Want to soften your husband’s scaly feet.
植物油都能帮上忙
Crisco.
但最好是用来炸鸡
But it’s best for frying chicken.
炸鸡…
Frying chicken just…
能让你觉得生活更美好
…tend to make you feel better about life.
至少我是这样
At least me, anyway.
我爱死炸鸡了
I love me some fried chicken.
现在
Now…
把袋子摇一摇
…shake that.
真是太好玩了
This is so much fun!
好了 好了
All right, all right.
鸡已经死了 西莉亚小姐
The chicken already dead, Miss Celia.
没错 它死了
Yep. He dead.
你在这啊
There you are.
我都饿昏了 看上去真不错
I’m starved. Looks so good.
我们已经谈过这个了 西莉亚小姐
We done been over this, Miss Celia.
你应该在餐厅就餐 这是规矩
You supposed to eat in the dining room. That’s how it works.
我帮你把盘子端过去
Let me take your plate back.
我在这里吃就好 米妮
I’m fine right here, Minny.
怎么了
What?
我只是想告诉你 真感激你来帮我
I just want you to know I’m real grateful you’re here.
还有很多比我更让你感激的事情
You gots plenty more to be grateful for than me.
听着 我可不是在开玩笑
And look, now I ain’t messing around no more.
如今约翰尼先生有可能会抓到我
Now Mr. Johnny gonna catch me here,
一枪把我打死在这块没打蜡的地板上
and shoot me dead right here on this no-wax floor.
你必须得告诉他
You gots to tell him.
他难道不会怀疑菜怎么变得如此好吃么
Ain’t he wondering how the cooking’s so good?
你说得对
You’re right.
也许我们应该把鸡肉烧糊一点
Maybe we ought to burn the chicken a little.
米妮我不会烧糊鸡肉
Minny don’t burn chicken.
我喜欢这个沙拉·罗斯
I like this Sarah Ross.
她实事求是 很少抱怨
She testifies without complaining too much.
那个柏莎 她是个暴脾气 我得这么说
And that Bertha, she’s got chutzpah, I’ll give her that.
这么说你是喜欢了
So you liked it?
尤金妮娅 马丁·路德·金刚刚号♥召
Eugenia, Martin Luther King just invited
全国民众同他一起进军首都 于八月份
the entire country to march with him in D.C. In August.
自《乱世佳人》以来
This many Negroes and whites
还没这么多黑人和白人一起合作过呢
have not worked together since Gone with the Wind.
你现在手头上有多少故事了
How many stories have you recorded thus far?
就你手上读的那些
The ones you’ve read.
就两个女佣吗 就这吗
Two domestics, that’s all?
我马上就能争取到更多的访谈了
I’m real close to getting more interviews.
没找到更多女佣之前别给我发稿子了
Don’t send me anything else until you do have more maids.
是的 女士 您…觉得要找多少
Yes, ma’am. How… how many more?
不知道 起码一打吧
I don’t know. At least a dozen.
我给你的建议就是
My advice to you is to write it and write it fast
在这次民权运动过去之前赶快多写
before this whole civil rights thing blows over.
晚安吧 菲兰小姐
Now good night to you, Miss Phelan.
我们还要一打
We need a dozen more.
我跟艾比琳把能问的人都问遍了
Me and Aibileen done asked everybody we know.
整整三十一个女佣
Thirty-one maids.
她们都太害怕了 觉得我们都疯了
They all too scared. Think we crazy.
要是争取不到更多的案例
If we don’t get more,
我们的故事就不能出版
we’re not getting published.
我还有不少故事 斯基特小姐
I gots plenty stories, Miss Skeeter.
把它们写下来安个化名不就完了
Just write them down and invent the maid that said it.
反正已经编了名字 再编些人出来算了
You’re already making up names. Just make up the maids, too.
我们不能这么做 这是不对的
We’re not gonna do that. That would be wrong.
不要放弃啊 斯基特小姐
Don’t give up on this, Miss Skeeter.
这样就不真实了
It wouldn’t be real.
他们杀了我的儿子
They killed my son.
他在磨坊搬运木材时摔了下去
He fell carrying two-by-fours at the mill.
一辆卡车压过了他 碾碎了他的肺
Truck run over him, crushed his lung.
艾比琳
Aibileen.
那个白人工头将他扔在卡车背后
That white foreman threw his body on back of a truck.
一路开到黑人医院
Drove to the colored hospital…
将他丢在那里 鸣了声笛
…dumped him there and honked the horn.
医生们已经无力回天
There was nothing they could do,
所以我把他带回了家
so I brought my baby home.
将他放在那边的沙发上
Laid him down on that sofa right there.
他就这么死在我的面前
He died right in front of me.
只有二十四岁大
He was just 24 years old,
斯基特小姐 人生中的黄金时期啊
Miss Skeeter. Best part of a person’s life.
他的忌日每年必到
Anniversary of his death comes…
心痛得我无法呼吸
…every year, and I can’t breathe.
但对你们来说 不过是平常的桥牌一日罢了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!