– 真的很漂亮 – 好
– Like, great. – Okay.
可能比以前还漂亮
You know, maybe better than before.
我不太懂你的意思,但…
I don’t even know what that means, but…
这样的话,想一起吃晚餐吗?
In that case, you want to get dinner?
什么
What?
明天晚上
Tomorrow night.
关要我邀请你来我们家吃晚餐
Gwen wanted me to invite you to dinner at our house.
所以我才会找你来走廊上谈
That’s why we’re chatting out here in the hall.
我…我很乐意
Yeah, no, I… Yeah, that would be nice.
很好,我告诉她你会来
All right, good. Well, I’ll let her know you’re coming.
– 很好,很高兴看到你 – 这满好吃的
– Great. All right, well, it was good to see you. – This is good.
对吧?很高兴你喜欢
Yeah? Glad you like it.
这组合满赞的
It’s a nice combo.
霍勒空调水电公♥司♥
大家跑哪去了?
Where is everyone?
不在这就是
Not here.
所以在哪里?
Well, where are they?
– 请病假 – 全部人都请病假?
– Called in sick. – Everyone?
为什么?
Why?
我猜这跟他们两个礼拜没收到薪水有关
I’m guessing it had something to do with not getting paid for two weeks.
他们不知道莎莉的事吗?
Well, don’t they know about Sally?
不幸地,用罪恶感逼人上班,这招只对家人有用
Unfortunately, guilting people into free labor only works on family.
真希望我有更多姊妹
I wish I had more sisters.
我也这么想
Yeah, me, too.
她状况还好吗?
How’s she doing?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我得去看看她
I better go check on her.
我去就好,你得上工了
No, I’ll go check on her. You need to get to work.
我们今天早上有收到订单,感谢老天爷
We got an order this morning, thank God.
来吧,给你
All right. Here.
拿这张信♥用♥卡♥去付大家上个礼拜的薪水
Take this card and pay everyone for last week.
– 你负担不起 – 做就是了
– You can’t afford that. – Just do it anyway.
然后叫他们滚回来上班
And tell ’em to get their asses back to work.

Okay.
你画的卡♥通♥故事有什么进展?
What about your cartoon story?
妈,那不叫卡♥通♥故事
They don’t call it a cartoon story, Mom.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry, I’m sorry.
那要叫什么?
I mean, what’s it called?
漫画
A graphic novel.
那进展如何?
How is it?
我们就承认吧,我犯错了
Let’s face it, Mom, I made a mistake.
我没有艺术天份
I’m not an artist.
这样也好
And that’s okay.
蕾贝卡有把一些寄给我
Rebecca sent me some of it.
天啊,她真的有吗?
Oh, my God, she did not.
她说你应该要尝试找人出版
She says she thinks you should try and get it published.
她当然这么说
Yeah. I bet she does.
– 为什么不要? – 妈,因为
– Why don’t you? – Because, Mom,
有时候这些作品就是不够好
you know, sometimes things aren’t good enough.
我喜欢蕾贝卡
I like Rebecca.
– 她很紧迫盯人 – 嗯
– She’s pushy. – Yeah.
男人就是需要有人盯
Men need to be pushed.
当你父亲跟我刚结婚时
You know, when your father and I first got married,
我们还住在底特律
we lived in Detroit.
他在下城一家小公♥司♥上班
He worked in a small office downtown
就在福斯剧院旁边
next to the Fox Theatre.
我每天都会去接他下班,他从来不知道原因
I’d pick him up every day. He never really knew why.
你♥爸♥五点才下班,我三点就会出门
Your father would get off work at 5:00, and I’d leave our apartment at 3:00
然后走到福斯剧院
and walk down to the Fox.
当时那时间不会有电影放映
There was never a show on at that time.
我就会走进去
And I’d go in
坐在其中一个椅子
and I’d sit in one of those seats.
然后往天花板看
And I’d look up at the ceiling.
那景象…
It was…
我这辈子都没看过
Unlike anything I’d ever seen.
那里还有一个超大的水晶灯
And this enormous chandelier.
实在是美的令人屏息
It was breathtaking.
每一天我都会去那里
And every day, I’d go back,
走进去
I’d go in,
然后抬头看
and I’d look up.
你从没跟我说过这故事
You’ve never told me that story.
我从来没有机会去追我的创意梦
I never really got a chance to pursue anything creative.
我很年轻就嫁给你♥爸♥,然后我们就生了荣恩
I was so young when I married your father, and then Ronnie came along.
所以…
So…
你曾希望过不同的人生吗?
Do you ever wish you did anything different?
当然有
Yeah, big-time.
– 真的? – 当然
– Really? – Definitely. Definitely.
像是什么?
Like what?
我不知道自己当初该不该嫁给你♥爸♥
I’m not sure I ever should have married your father.
什么?
Wait. What?
– 阿嬷! – 阿嬷!
– Grandma! – Grandma!
小女孩们!我的天啊!
Girls! Oh, my goodness!
你们怎么没有去上学
What are you two doing out of school?
阿嬷,我不想你死
I don’t want you to die, Grandma.
不用担心那个
Don’t you worry about that.
可是爸说你会死
But, Dad said you will.
– 他只是乱掰的 – 我们带了蝴蝶饼干跟冰淇淋
– Well, what does he know? – We brought pretzels and ice cream.
你们真贴心
That is so sweet.
阿嬷,那是你的肿瘤吗?
Grandma, is that your tumor?
甜心,过来给我抱一下
Come here, honey, and give me a hug.
很好,我要去兜风一下,所以…
Okay. I’m gonna go for a drive, so…
– 你要买♥♥什么吗? – 帮我买♥♥一包多力多滋
– Do you need anything? – I wouldn’t mind a bag of Doritos.
– 我是在问妈 – 甜心,我不用了
– I was asking Mom. – No, honey, I’m fine.
好吧,我马上回来
Okay. Great. I’ll be right back, okay?
– 待会儿见! – 拜拜!
– See you guys in a little bit! – Bye-bye!
哈罗?
Hello?
谢天谢地你还在
Thank God you’re there.
好高兴能听到你的声音
It is so good to hear your voice.
嘿,你还好吗?
Hey. How are you?
不太好
Not so good.
医生想要这周末就做开颅手术
Doctor wants to do a craniotomy by the end of the week.
我爸他…我想他的公♥司♥快倒了
Dad is… Gonna lose his business, I think.
然后…我妈说,她其实有点后悔嫁给我爸
And… Mom said she actually thinks she regrets marrying him.
我实在好得不得了,再加上我妈的护士超恨我
It’s been great. And on top of it all, my mom’s nurse hates me.
为什么你♥妈♥的♥护士会恨你?
Wait, why does your mom’s nurse hate you?
谁知道?他在高中时就是个混球
Who knows? It’s just some jackass from high school.
他到底有什么问题?你要我去找你吗?
Well, what’s his problem? You need me to come down there?
我也不知道,没什么吧
I don’t know, you know? Nothing.
他娶了关
He’s married to Gwen.
关…
Gwen…
你的关
Gwen. Your Gwen.
她已经不是我的关了
Well, it’s not my Gwen anymore.
好吗?所以…
Right? So…
是啦,只是…
Well, no, yeah, but…
天啊
Oh, boy.
贝卡,不用担心,什么事都不会发生
Look, Rebecca, don’t worry. Nothing is gonna happen.
我对她已经没有感情了,好吗?
I don’t feel anything for her anymore, okay?
而且她刚生了一个小孩
I mean, she just had a baby, for God’s sake.

Yeah.
那真是现在…
What an incredibly…
能对我讲的最没有同情心的话
Insensitive thing to say to me right now.
我不是这个意思…
No, that’s not what I meant. I…
那是什么声音?
What is that sound?
你在抽烟吗?
Are you smoking?
没有…有
No. Yes.
你戒烟了
You don’t smoke.
你能把烟熄掉吗?拜托,然后晚点再打给我
Can you just put that out, please, and just call me a little later?
好吧,蕾贝卡,我不是故意…
Okay, Rebecca, I didn’t mean to…
不是,我…
No, I… It… I’m…
我没事,只是…我得回去工作了
I’m fine. I just… I need to get back to work.
好吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!