快跑啊小伙子们
Come on, boys.
快跑 普洛恩
Come on, Plorn.
两人三腿就要比一个人快
The whole point of the third leg is to give you more speed.
真没用
Useless boy.
来给你解开吧
It’s time to get you undone.
还好吗
What’s happened here?
吃的还够吗
Do you have enough to eat?
-谢谢你 狄更斯先生 -很好
– Thank you, Mr. Dickens. – Good.
《伦敦日报》进一步报道了吗
More gossip in The London Diary?
查尔斯 这秘密你是守不住的
You could not keep it quiet forever, Charles.
算了 反正你要否认
No matter. You must deny it.
谣言是成不了真的
Rumors can always be denied.
别担心 会过去的
Do not worry, it will pass.
你不能再这样了
And then you must stop this.
我要是不想呢
What if I do not want to?
别犯傻
Don’t be foolish.
你怎么可能藏得住她
You cannot keep her a secret.
我当然能
Yes, I can.
普洛恩 来比赛单脚跳 梅米 凯蒂 一起来
Plorn! We’ll do a hopping race. Mamey. Katey. Come on. Come on.
只用一只脚 准备好了吗 快过来
One leg. Come on, are you ready? Come here, come here, come here.
快过来 普洛恩 你太慢了
Come on. Quickly, come on, Plorn. You’re so slow.
预备 跑
And ready, steady, go!
看我的 看我的
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!
女士们 要吃这个吗
Ladies, can I interest you in some of this?
-闭上眼睛 -别转过来 内莉
– Close your eyes. – Don’t turn around, Nelly.
别转过来
Don’t turn around.
闭上眼睛
Close your eyes.
别睁开 等我说
Keep them closed until I say…
睁开吧 生日快乐
Open your eyes! Happy birthday.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
真棒 看这蛋糕
That’s lovely. Look.
夫人 狄更斯夫人要见艾伦小姐
Ma’am, there’s a Mrs. Dickens to see Miss Ellen.
母亲
Mother.
我来切蛋糕吧
I shall cut the cake.
他再也没回过家
And he never went home again.
那是第一次 也是最后一次
And that was the first and last time.
安布罗斯先生 你上过舞台吗
Mr. Ambrose? Have you ever took to the stage?
第一次也是最后一次…
Yes, first and last time, actually…
狄更斯夫人
Mrs. Dickens.
我觉得这房♥子不错
I thought this was the right house.
坐下吧
Won’t you sit?
-真是注意细节 -就是玻璃粘的
– Such attention to detail. – It’s all just paste and glass.
这么乱让您见笑了
You find us in disarray.
我听说他在广场附近给你谋了个差事
I’d heard that he’d found you somewhere close on the square.
我母亲和姐姐要去意大利
My mother and sister are to go to Italy.
范妮去特罗普家做家庭教师
Fanny is to be a governess to the Trollope family.
真的吗
Really?
狄更斯先生好意介绍的
Mr. Dickens kindly made the introduction.
我丈夫一向很慷慨
My husband’s always been very generous.
生日快乐 特南小姐
Happy birthday, Miss Ternan.
不打开看看吗
Won’t you open it?
查尔斯送的礼物
It is a gift from Charles.
却错送给了我
It was mistakenly delivered to me.
是珠宝商想当然了
The jewelers naturally believing.
查尔斯要我亲自送给你
Charles insisted that I delivered it to its rightful recipient.
他很喜欢你
He is fond of you.
你也喜欢他吗
And you of him?
问得好傻
Silly question.
他是查尔斯·狄更斯啊
He is Mr. Charles Dickens.
早些年 我对他十分欣赏
In those early years together, I could not fail to be impressed.
可是后来 公众分散了他的注意力
But you will find that you must share him with his public.
一直占有着他
They will be the constant.
而且说实话
And, in truth, you will never
你也不知道他更爱哪个
absolutely know which one he loves the most.
是你
You.
还是公众
Or them.
我觉得他自己都不知道
I do not believe he knows himself.
打搅你们的派对了
I’m interrupting your party.
我跟不上派对的节奏了
I’m far too old for parties.
在座的都不到20岁
There’s not a soul under 20 in attendance.
查尔斯很快就来了
Well, Charles will be here soon.
他可是无比年轻
And he’s nothing if not youthful.
留着吧
Keep these for later.
-晚上好 -生日快乐
– Good evening. – Happy birthday.
是不是来晚了 果然晚了
Are we too late? We’re too late.
你们没吃到玛利亚的蛋糕
You’ve missed Maria’s cake.
千万不要 现在还是有乐子可找的吧
No! Say it’s not so. We haven’t missed all the fun, have we?
你们就是乐子
We thought you might provide the fun.
那就只好这么办了
Well, then there’s only one thing for it.
我们要把寿星带走
We must whisk the birthday girl away.
好啊
Yes.
内莉
Nelly.
你会来的吧
Say you’ll come.
我们要去哪
Where are we going?
过来 进来吧 进来
Come through. Come in, come in.
卡罗琳
Caroline?
内莉 跟我来
Nelly, follow me.
卡罗琳
Caroline.
有客人了
We have visitors.
威尔基 怎么不说一声
Wilkie, why did you not say?
我们要庆祝一个特别的生日
We are celebrating a very special birthday.
卡罗琳 这位是艾伦·特南小姐
Caroline, may I present Miss Ellen Ternan?
今天是她的生日
It’s her birthday today.
生日快乐 我丈夫经常夸奖你
Happy birthday. I’ve heard only good things.
卡罗琳
Caroline!
新画
A new painting.
不一般 挺高档
It’s unusual. It’s quite slap-up.
-小管家在吗 -在呢 她在这
– Is The Butler about? – Yes, yes, she’s about. Here she is.
叫吧 小管家尽情叫吧
Squeals. There she is. Squeals. And she squeals.
请脱下外套和手套吧
May I take your wrap and gloves?
谢了 还是穿戴着吧
Thank you. I prefer to keep them on.
请坐
Please.
-您家真美 -是啊
– What a lovely home. – Yes. Yes.
威尔基物色到的
Wilkie found it.
第一次见面 查尔斯就管她叫”小管家”
Charles christened her “The Butler” on their first meeting.
他真是爱玩
It is all a game with him.
她真听话
She’s very dear.
这样没冒犯到你吧 特南小姐
Does this offend you, Miss Ternan?
威尔基讨厌婚姻 我把自己当寡妇也觉得挺好
Wilkie despises marriage, and as a widow, this suits me well.
我们生活很幸福
We live very happily-
但看得出来你不喜欢这样
But you do disapprove, I see.
我们都爱过有地位的男人 特南小姐
We have fallen in love with men of standing, Miss Ternan.
我没爱过谁
I am not in love.
巨人来了
The giant’s coming.
已经很晚了
It is late. Really.
太晚了 我得走了 抱歉 格雷夫斯小姐
It is too, too late. I must leave. Please excuse me, Miss Graves.
查尔斯 你留下吃晚饭吗
Charles, will you stay for dinner?
内莉
Nelly?
她一直没说话
And still she is silent.
巴克斯通先生要我演《世界与舞台》
Mr. Buckstone has offered me The World and The Stage.
故事很荒谬
It has a ridiculous plot.
一位贵妇人负债累累 做演员的妹妹帮了她
A titled lady saved from debt by her sister, an actress.
是啊 可是最后一幕很精彩
Yes, but a very amusing final scene.
是你帮我拿下这角色的
And it was you that secured me the role.
你今晚是有意羞辱我吗
Did you mean to deliberately humiliate me tonight?
你不喜欢格雷夫斯小姐吗
You did not like Miss Graves?
我怎么可能和一个
You cannot expect me to associate with a woman
跟未婚男人鬼混的女人做朋友
living so openly with a man outside of marriage.
-内莉 内莉 内莉 -把客人当成…
– Nelly… Nelly… Nelly! – Entertaining guests as if she…
我并不是不感谢你
I do not wish to appear ungrateful.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!