芮妮·齐薇格
伊万·麦克格雷格
波特小姐
艾米丽·沃森
写下一个故事的开头有种特别的滋味
There’s something delicious about writing the first words of a story.
你永远猜不到接下来会如何发展
You can never quite tell where they’ll take you.
我的故事让我来到了这里
Mine took me here.
回想起来 我跟伦敦其实向来不和
Looking back, the city and I never much liked each other.
1902年 伦敦
作为未婚女人
An unmarried woman, after all,
我本该有点小姐的样子
was expected to behave in very particular ways.
而带着一群小伙伴到处去见出版商
Which did not include traipsing from publisher to publisher
可不算有小姐样子
with a gaggle of friends.
听好了 你别害怕
Now, listen to me, you must not be afraid.
也别老说话
And don’t talk too much.
可惜我的小伙伴并不怎么受人待见
Friends who, sadly, others were not so keen to meet.
这七年来我一直在卖♥♥画
I’ve been selling my drawings
做贺卡 席次牌 什么之类的
for greeting cards, place cards, etcetera for seven years.
穿铜扣子外套的兔子
Bunnies in jackets with brass buttons.
您都怎么想象出来的啊
How ever do you imagine such things?
我没有想象
I don’t imagine them.
他们都是真的 他们是我的朋友
They’re quite real. They’re my friends.
这些动物形象都是参考了您的朋友吗
Are you based the animal characters on your friends?
不 这些动物就是我的朋友
No, the animals are my friends.
彼得兔之前还有本杰明兔
Before Peter Rabbit there was Benjamin Bunny,
然后是蝾螈艾萨克爵士
and then Sir Isaac the Newt.
如果二位想看的话 我也带了他们的画
I have their drawings as well, if you’d like to see them.
不用了 可惜的是 波特小姐
That won’t be necessary. Unfortunately, Miss Potter.
您还是”小姐”吧 当然了 我真傻
It is ‘Miss’ Potter, is it not? Yes. Of course. Silly of me.
可惜的是 儿童书的市场…
Unfortunately, the market for children’s books…
当然 没事 我完全理解
Yes, of course. I completely understand.
是我太傻了 毕竟我毫无经验…
It was silly of me, with no experience of these…
费德里克·沃恩出版社很乐意出版您的书
F. Warne and Company would like to publish your little book,
波特小姐
Miss Potter.
但最好别抱太高期望
But best not to get overly hopeful.
我想您的书是不会特别畅销的
I know publishing your book will not sell a great number of copies,
但应该还能挣一笔小钱
but I think we can turn a small profit.
沃恩先生 我很高兴 十分高兴
My dear Mr Warne, well, I’m pleased. Very pleased indeed.
我会竭尽全力
I shall do everything possible
确保这是个正确的决定
to ensure that you’ve not made a mistake.
维靳小姐 我们可以走了
Miss Wiggin, I believe we can go.
多谢二位先生抽时间见我
Thank you very much indeed. Messrs Warne, for your time.
荣幸 我弟弟向来心里有数
Our pleasure. My brother always knows what he’s doing.
我对书的尺寸和价格有自己的要求
Oh, I’m quite particular about book size and price,
而且我不想用贵公♥司♥童书一般使用的
and I’d like to avoid that dreadful Gothic typeface
那种可怕的哥特字体
your children’s books usually have.
一切都会包您满意的
I’m sure everything will be to your satisfaction.
波特小姐
Miss Potter.
您的…
Your…
差点忘了
Of course.
我的画夹
My portfolio.
走吧 彼得
Come along, Peter.
-蝾螈艾萨克爵士 -你是开玩笑呢吧 付殷
– Sir Isaac, the newt! – You can’t be serious, Fruing.
-那本书肯定卖♥♥不动 -当然了
– That book won’t sell ten copies. – Of course not!
-不过 我想到了… -诺曼
– However, the thought did occur to me… – Norman!
我们答应弟弟给他个项目做
We promised our little brother a project.
即使他没做成又有何妨呢
If he makes a muck of it, what will it matter?
我觉得波特小姐或许正能解决我们的问题呢
I think Miss Potter may turn out to be a Godsend.
回家吗 波特小姐
Home, Miss Potter?
不 桑德斯 拉我去公园
No, Saunders. Drive me through the park.
去所有公园转一圈
Through all the parks.
-您说什么 波特小姐 -走吧
– I beg your pardon, Miss Potter? – Drive!

Walk on.
我们成功了
We did it!
听到我的心跳了吗 简直想打鼓
Did you hear my heart? It was a kettle drum.
瞧 我们不能一辈子闷在家里
You see? We cannot stay home all our lives.
我们得走出去 让全世界看到
We must present ourselves to the world.
而且要把这视作冒险
And we must look upon it as an adventure.
快点 桑德斯
Faster, Saunders!
-请快点 桑德斯 -别这样 碧翠丝小姐
– Faster, Saunders, if you please! – No, Miss Beatrix. No!
-越快越好 -驾
– Fast as you can, old boy. – Go on!
老天啊
Oh, I say!
谢谢 桑德斯
Saunders.
碧翠丝 你去哪了 都过了四点了
Beatrix, where have you been? It’s after four o’clock.
我不是小孩子了 我不非要妈妈同意才能做什么
I’m not a child. I can do things without my mother’s permission.
我下午还想用马车来着呢
I was hoping to use the carriage myself this afternoon.
你去哪了
Where were you?
我跟朋友们一起去兜风了
I took a drive. With my friends.
你没有朋友啊
You don’t have any friends.
我有的 我画画时就有了
Yes, I do, Mother. Every time I draw.
你的一些画的确是挺漂亮的 碧翠丝
Some of your paintings are quite pretty, Beatrix,
但我可不会像你父亲那样哄骗你
but I’m not going to deceive you as your father does
说那是伟大的艺术
and call them great art.
我的朋友 等我成了出版作家
Well, my friend, when I am a published author
再走着瞧吧
then we shall see.
碧翠丝 伯特伦 该睡觉了
Beatrix, Bertram, time for good nights.
-我还没画完呢 -快点吧
– I haven’t finished yet. – Come on, hurry up.
-伯特伦 -我钉住他了
– Bertram. – There! I got him.
-伯特伦 你可真野蛮 -来吧 你俩
– Bertram, you’re barbaric. – Come on, you two.
快点 下去吧
Hurry up. Down you go.
慢点
Slowly!
快点 鲁伯特 看剧别去晚了
Hurry, Rupert! It won’t do to be late to the ‘Hydes’.
妈妈多美啊 碧翠丝
Doesn’t Mama look beautiful, Beatrix?
她生气的时候脸总是红扑扑的
Being in a temper puts such a rose into her cheeks.
等你长大了 碧翠丝 要操持家务
When you grow up, Beatrix, and have to run a household,
策划晚宴 参加社交活动 还要忍♥受一个
plan parties, keep a social calendar and put up with a man
从不知准时为何物的男人
who’s never been introduced to a clock,
你的脸颊也会红的
your cheeks will glow too.
看这带子
Look at this ribbon.
太不像话了 给她换件像样的
That’s unsightly. Change her into something decent.
把这件睡袍送人吧
And give this nightdress away.
弄不好了
Oh, this will never do.
-我手真是笨死了 -你真是的 鲁伯特
– I’m just all fingers and thumbs! – You’re impossible, Rupert!
我们绝对要迟到了
We are so late.
你今天画了什么 碧翠丝
What have you drawn today, Beatrix?
在休息的本杰明兔
Benjamin Bunny having a rest.
他的耳朵真越画越好了
His ears are getting better and better.
这里的阴影画得很好 碧翠丝
This shading here is very good, Beatrix.
道晚安吧 孩子们
Say your good nights now, children.
-晚安 妈妈 -晚安 碧翠丝
– Good night, Mother. – Good night, Beatrix.
-晚安 爸爸 -晚安 碧翠丝
– Good night, Father. – Good night, Beatrix.
-晚安 妈妈 -晚安 伯特伦
– Good night, Mother. – Good night, Bertram.
晚安 爸爸
Good night, Father.
快上楼吧
Now, hurry upstairs.
-好了 别让爸爸妈妈… -迟到更久了
– Come on, mustn’t make Mama and Papa. – Later than they are.
-孩子们 -又干什么
– Oh, children. – What now?
我回家的时候 顺路去了趟皮卡迪利大街
On my way home, I happened to walke down Piccadilly.
你们猜猜什么跳进我兜里了
And what do you think jumped into my pockets?
给小昆虫学家的特别礼物
Something very special for the young entomologist.
这件是给年轻的小姐的
And something very suitable for the young lady
不久的将来 你就会长大
who’s very soon to grow up to run a fine home,
像妈妈一样持家了
just like her mother.
-上楼再拆吧 走吧 -谢谢 爸爸
– We’ll open them upstairs. Come on. – Thank you, Father.
-谢谢 爸爸 -走吧
– Thank you, Father. – Come on.
-真要迟到了 -才没有呢
– Late, late late! – We are not late.
我们再不会受邀去看戏了
We will never be invited to the Hydes’ again.
天呐 海伦 稍稍晚点才礼貌呢
Heaven’s sake, Helen, it’s polite to be a little late.
快上车吧
Now get in the carriage.
这可不是礼貌的迟到 这就是迟到
This isn’t polite late, this is late, late.
行了 小家伙们 再讲一个故事 就得睡觉了
Right, wee ones, one story and then bed.
我要碧翠丝讲故事 她的故事好玩
I want Beatrix to tell a story. Hers are funny.
没错 而且我正好知道要讲什么
Indeed they are, and I know exactly what it’ll be about.
大拇指汤姆和蒙克蹲蹲

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章看不见的女人
下一篇文章唯爱永生
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!