Mm-hmm.

A little bit of magic time.
一点点魔术时刻
I feel it.
我感觉到了
Yes, sir.
是的
Terrific shot! I’m in the goddamn woods again.
很棒的一击 我又回来了
Goddamn.
天啊
Damn game.
该死的一局
I spend more time in the trees than the squirrels.
十年来 我在树上的时间比松鼠还长
Wizard Two? Why not?
二号♥巫师?为什么不?
Uh-oh.

Not again.
不要再来了
I’ve had five heart attacks in the last ten years.
过去十年 我心脏病发作5次
My first was on a golf course in South Carolina.
第一次是在南卡罗莱纳的一个比赛上
It wasn’t all that bad.
不是太糟
A couple of doglegs that were more dog than leg, but I-I’d- all in all, it was playable.
太多的急转弯 但总之还能打
Assuming, of course, you didn’t die on the second hole.
假设…当然…你不会死在第二洞
The second coronary was at Augusta, where they had the Masters.
第二次是在奥古斯塔 那里有大♥师♥
Went down right on the first fair way.
第一轮就倒下
It was a good thing, too, ’cause those greens probably would have been the end of many way.
这挺好 因为那绿色是好多事情的终结
My wife used to ask me, before she passed on,
我妻子去世前曾问我
why do I play a game that seems destined to kill me?
我为什么从事会注定杀了我的运动?
It all started back in 1928…
还得从1928年说起
when I was just a youngster in Savannah, Georgia.
那时 我还是佐治亚州萨凡纳的一个年轻人
Jones and Hagen are really goin’ at it.
琼斯和哈根喜欢玩这个
They’re like neckandneck all the time. Nuts.
他们总是不相上下 胡说
Was it 350? Nah. More like 400 with the roll.
是350元吗 不 一个洞400
I don’t care how good Jones and Hagen are.
我不管琼斯和哈根有多好
Junuh could’ve beat ’em both with his eyes closed.
朱诺可以闭着眼打败他们
Junuh won that thing three times in a row.
朱诺一次连赢三局
Now when I was growin’ up, every town had its heroes,
我长大了以后 每个镇上都有他们的英雄
and ours was Rannulph Junuh, an athlete who was a born winner.
我们镇上是兰努夫·朱诺 天生的赢家
Well, I wanted to be just like him.
我想和他一样
Ladies and gentlemen, Junuh has the most difficult shot in the history of golf.
女士们 先生们 朱诺将迎来 高尔夫生涯中难度最大的一击
He must sink this shot from 110 yards to win the championship.
他必须从110码以外 把球打进洞来赢得冠军
He steps up to the ball.
他走到球前
The crowd is hushed in anticipation.
观众们安静的期待着
Can he make this miracle shot? And he swings!
他能否完成这奇迹的一击? 他挥起球杆了!
Fore! Watch your heads!
前面 小心你们的头!
Now I’d never seen him play myself, since it was before I was born,
我从没亲眼见过 因为那在我出生之前
but it was said that Junuh had been on track to becomin’ the greatest golfer…
但相传他在成为最伟大的 高尔夫选手的道路上
this country had ever seen.
这个国家见证了
Titanic off the tee.
巨人的一击
Approach shots which fell to earth, as Sam Snead once put it,
接近球进洞 像山姆·斯奈德曾说的
“like a butterfly with sore feet. ”
像一只脚痛的蝴蝶那样
He won just about everything.
他赢得了一切
But even he was the first to say that his most significant victory…
但他第一次说道…他最重要的胜利
was winnin’ the heart of Adele Invergordon,
是赢得了阿黛尔·因佛哥登
daughter of the wealthiest man in Savannah.
萨凡纳最富有的人的女儿
But fate plays funny tricks.
但是命运与他开了个玩笑
# The Yanks are coming The drumsrum-tumming everywhere#
∮美♥国♥佬♥来了 锣鼓声到处∮
It was a patriotic call to arms to fight “the war to end all wars. ”
爱国宣言征调所有人参加 终结所有战争的战争
Junuh and everyone else in town believed it was his destiny…
朱诺和镇上所有人认为是他们的命运
to lead the young men of Savannah in to battle.
去带领萨凡纳的年轻人去打仗
# Till it’s over over there##
∮直到结束∮
#How ya gonna keep ’em away from Broadway#
∮你怎么才能远离百老汇∮
#Jazzin’ around##
∮四面爵士乐∮
It was to be his crowning glory.
那是他最高荣誉
But nothing could have prepared him or anyone…
但没有什么能让他们做好准备去面对
for the shock and sorrow of what was to come.
随即而来的震惊和悲伤
Positions. Get ready. Ready, Captain.
位置做好准备 好了 上尉
Positions. Prepare to advance. Ready, sir.
位置 准备前进 好了 长官
Advance!
前进!
Confused, broken…
困惑 受伤
and unable to face return to a hero’s welcome,
无法面对对凯♥旋♥英雄的回报
Junuh just disappeared,
朱诺消失了
hopin’ to forget…
希望忘却…
and to be forgotten.
和被忘却
But Adele, bein’ a woman of the South,
但是阿黛尔 一个南方的妇女
had survived worse than desertion.
比被遗弃还痛苦
And she moved on with her life,
她继续者自己的生活
dedicatin’ herself to her father’s dream.
把自己贡献到父亲的梦想中
What we have here is the most magnificent golf resort on the face of God’s good earth,
这是上帝的地球上最豪华的高尔夫球场
and I am buildin’ it right here in Savannah.
我在这萨凡纳建设着它
Krewe Island, legacy to my sweet Adele.
克鲁岛 我亲爱的阿黛尔继承的遗产
And we’d like to use all of you as our main suppliers.
我们将你们所有人作为主要供应商
I was ten years old when Junuh came home.
朱诺回家时 我十岁了
Stop!
停!
Less than a year later, the Great Depression that swept the nation…
不到一年以后 经济大萧条横扫这个国家
hit Savannah.
萨凡纳受到影响
Jobs were lost, stores and banks were shut for good.
工作没有了 银行商店关门了
And John Invergordon, havin’ spent his last dime on his great dream,
约翰·因佛哥登花了最后一毛钱 去实现他的伟大梦想
opened Krewe Island on what should have been a glorious spring day.
在本应是一个美好的春天开放克鲁岛
#My consolation when blue#
∮忧郁时我的安慰∮
#So just supposing that you##
∮就假设你∮
It might not have been a shot heard round the world, Oh, Daddy!
不是全世界都能听到这声枪响 哦 爸爸
but it sure reached every nook and cranny in Savannah.
但肯定萨凡纳每个角落都能听到
I’ll be putting some doors and closets in the parlor.
我会在客厅装些门和壁橱
With any luck, we could have some boarders within a few weeks.
如果走运这几周会有寄宿者
Hardy, you think you can share your room with Cara Mae?
哈代 你能和卡拉·梅用一间房♥吗
What about the store?
储藏室怎么样
Oh, Jesus.
天啊
I’ve died and gone to hell.
我死了 去了地狱
It’s not as though you got a choice, Adele.
你没有选择 阿黛尔
Your Krewe Island golf resort is dead and gone.
你的克鲁岛高尔夫球场完蛋了
You’ve got the gumption of a corn fritter, Neskaloosa. My gumption is not the subject.
你真是一分钱都不放过 内斯卡路萨 这不是重点
Well, then what is the subject, gentlemen? Huh?
那什么才是 先生?
If it’s your offer to take Krewe Island for one-tenth of what my father spent-
如果克鲁岛作为我父亲的花费的十分之一
You are lucky to be gettin’ a dime on the dollar, Adele.
你很幸运参与了十分之一 阿黛尔
Just so you gentlemen can turn right around and resell it…
你们这些人就可以转过身来把它…
to some Carolina paper mill for a tidy profit?
卖♥♥给加利福尼亚的造纸厂来获得超额利润?
The fact that you’ve most likely got the deal in your pocket already is not my problem.
你口袋里的合同已经与我无关
Maybe we should come back when the shock of your father’s passing…
也许我们再来 那时你父亲去世的打击…
isn’t so- so- Oh, God.
不是太…天啊
Don’t bother. I’m not sellin’.
别麻烦了 我不会卖♥♥的
You got a stack of debts that’d fill every storage bay in the Cotton Exchange-
你已负债累累 可以把所有 海湾仓库装满棉花
And I intend to pay them off.
我会归还的
In time. With what? Ball tokens?
准时 用什么?球?
With money people gonna spend once they know that this is the premier resort in the South.
用人们知道这是南方最好的 高尔夫球场时来花的钱
Did I miss somethin’? Did I? Or are we not in the midst of a great depression?
我是不是漏掉了什么?还是我们 不是在经济大萧条中间?
There’s still people with money, Neskaloosa, and I’m gonna make sure they know about Krewe.
还是有人有钱的 内斯卡路萨 我保证他们会了解克鲁岛的
But how exactly do you intend to accomplish that?
你怎么才能做到?
How? Well, how?
怎样? 是啊 怎样?
How? I’ll tell you how.
怎样? 我会告诉你怎样的
I’m gonna have the greatest exhibition match ever held…
我会举办这个最大的球场建成以来…
on the greatest golf course ever built.
最大的高尔夫表演赛
Bobby Jones… – Bobby Jones?
波比·琼斯… 波比·琼斯?
will be playin’ Walter Hagen… Walter Hagen?
会和沃特·哈根… 沃特·哈根?
for the grand prize of $10,000. $10,000?
奖金一万元 一万元?
You can’t be serious, Adele. $10,000 for one weekend?
你不会是认真的 阿黛尔 一周一万元?
Well,

I’d make it more, gentlemen,
会更多的 先生们
but that’s just about all I believe I can raise…
这仅仅是我相信我能增加的…
if I sell everything I own…
如果我卖♥♥掉我拥有的一切…
on this earth.
在这世上
Except, of course, Krewe Island.
当然 除了克鲁岛
Bobby Jones and Walter Hagen are comin’ to Krewe Island?
波比·琼斯和沃特·哈根来克鲁岛?
Playin’ an exhibition match for ten grand?
为一万元进行表演赛?
That’s correct.
是的
They don’t know it yet, but that’s exactly what they’ll be doin’.
他们还不知道 但是肯定会来的
Have you gone totally off your rocker?
你是不是哪里不正常?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!