Well, I don’t need a caddie ’cause I’m not playin’.
我不需要球童 因为我不参加比赛
I don’t play anymore at all.
我不再打球了
Oh. Well, thank you, sir.
好吧 谢谢 先生
I’ll take you up on that food you offered me. All right.
我要拿走你给我的食物 好吧
Evenin’, sir. Mmhmm.
晚安 先生 嗯
Don’t make no sense, is all.
不要没道理
Man say he don’t play no golf, yet he out here this shade of night,
有人说不打球 却到外面这夜光下…
hittin’ balls off into dark where he can’t even see ’em.
拿球打到看不见的黑暗中
Yep, well, I’ve done things that made less sense.
是 这是没什么道理
As we all have.
我们总是这样
For $5 guaranteed, I’m offerin’ you my caddie services.
5块钱作保证 我做你的球童
For $5?
5块钱?
You know the winner gets 10,000, and the caddie’s cut is 10% of that.
你知道获胜奖金一万元 球童提成10%
So that’s $1,000. I’ll take $5 guaranteed.
那就是一千块钱 我只要5块钱
You don’t want $1,000? You done already said you ain’t even playin’.
你不要一千块钱? 你都说了你不参加
And Lord knows how awful you’re gonna look if you do.
主知道如果你去你会多么糟糕
So $5 guaranteed sounds pretty good from where I’m sittin’.
所以5块钱从这来说还挺不错
Yeah, the rhythm of the game just like the rhythm of life.
比赛的节奏就像生活的节奏
Here.

Here!
给!
Oh, no, sir, I don’t Go on.
不 先生 我不… 来吧
Go ahead.
来吧
Well, thank you, sir.
谢谢 先生
You know, some folks say you should put the ball in – in the front of your stance.
你知道 一些人说要把球放在身体正前方
Other folks say you should put-
另一些人说你要把…
You gonna hit the ball or are you gonna dance with it?
你要打球还是要跳舞?
Actually, I’m kind of partial to dancin’. Me and this gal-
实际上 我有点像跳舞 我和这…
Hit the ball.
打球
So, you’re a golfer.
所以 你是个高尔夫选手
Uh, no, I don’t play golf.
哦 不 我不打高尔夫
Give me that damn thing.
给我那鬼东西
Here, uh- See, the trick is…
给 看技巧是…
to find your swing.
找到挥杆节奏
What’d you say?
你说什么?
Well, you lost your swing.
嗯 你找不到挥杆节奏
We got to go find it.
我们要找到它
Now, it’s somewhere in the harmony of all that is-
现在 它在这和谐中…
Ooh.

All that was-
这…
Ooh. All that will be.
喔 在这…
Whoa. Oooeee!
哇 喔
I ain’t seen a man hit a ball like that…
我从没见过这样击球的人
since the North-South Championship of 1916.
自从1916南北冠军赛以来
You know, they stopped play for 20 minutes to measure how far it went.
你知道 他门让你停了20分钟 好测量球飞了多远
Bagger Vance the name.
我叫贝格·文斯
Come on. Let’s hit a few more.
来吧 我们再打几下
And that, they say, is how Bagger Vance became Junuh’s caddie.
他们说 贝格·文斯就是这样 成为朱诺的球童的
Oh, yeah. One more just like that.
哦 好 像这样再来一次
Just like that one there.
就像那次
I’m tellin’ you the truth, Wilbur Charles.
实话实说 威尔伯·查尔斯
She was down to her panties and brassiere.
她脱下了短裤和胸罩
And you were in the room watchin’ all the time?
你在房♥间内一直看着?
You really think we’re that stupid that we believe…
你真的以为我们傻到相信…
Miss Adele got down to her skivvies with you right in the room watching?
阿黛尔小姐在你的注视下脱下内衣?
It’s the God’s honest truth, Eugene.
千真万确 尤金
Scalp me, shrink my head, and roast it on the stake
剥我的皮 切我的头 在那树上烤
if that ain’t exactly what happened.
如果我说的是假的
She thought I was asleep the whole time.
她以为我一直睡着
And that ain’t all. Junuh’s gonna play.
实际一点也没有 朱诺将会参加比赛
He said that?
他这么说的?
Not in so many words, but- Hey, look over there.
没直说 但…嘿 看那边
Ain’t that Miss Adele now across the street? Where? Where?
那不是阿黛尔小姐过马路吗? 哪?哪?
She just went into Louder’s Notions. I could swear it’s her.
她走到人群中 我发誓是她
I’d know that figure anywhere.
那可能是任何人
Well, as far as Junuh is concerned, I guess that’s just about it.
嗯 就朱诺来说 我估计他会去的
If we don’t have someone from Savannah, I will not support this match.
如果萨凡纳没人参加 我将不会支持比赛
All right.
好吧
I’ll play in your damn golf match.
我会参加这见鬼的比赛
I should’ve let you finish what you started.
我本应该让你完成你已经开始的
Now I got nothin’ at all to show for it.
现在我没什么可展示的了
Well, for the life of me, I have no idea what you’re referrin’ to.
对我来说 我不知道你在指什么
I can explain it if you like I don’t believ that will be necessary!
如果你愿意 我会解释一下 我不认为有必要!
God bless Savannah.
上帝保佑萨凡纳
The day that Jones and Hagen arrived in Savannah…
琼斯和哈根来那天…
was declared a holiday.
是个节日
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first golf tournament-
女士们先生们 欢迎来到首次锦标赛…
That’s O.B. Keeler.
那是O.B.凯勒
He writes for the Atlanta Journal.
他为亚特兰大期刊写文章
He goes wherever Bobby Jones goes.
波比到哪 他就到哪
And that’s Walter Hagen’s man, Spec Hammond.
那是沃特·哈根的人 斯派克·哈蒙德
They say Hagen won’t play without him.
他们说没有他 哈根就不比赛
And that’s Grant land Rice, the most powerful sports writer in the country.
那是格兰特·赖斯 国内最有名的体育撰稿人
And he’s staying at our boarding house, because he’s nobody’s man.
他住在我们的地方 因为没人雇他
Aah!
啊!
Mr. Robert Tyre Jones, Jr., of Atlanta, Georgia.
佐治亚 亚特兰大的 小罗伯特·提尔·琼斯先生
Mr. Jones has won 13 national championships,
琼斯先生13次赢得国家冠军
including four U.S. Opens and five U.S. Amateurs.
包括4次美国公开赛 5次美国业余赛
He has also won all three British Opens in which he has played.
在他参加的三次英国公开赛中 全部获得冠军
For the first time in history, last year…
这是史上第一人 去年…
he won the Grand Slam-
他获得
all four major golf championships in a single year!
年内四项赛事的大满贯
But what is not well-known is that at the very same time…
大家不知道的是…
he was winnin’ all his championships,
在获得冠军的同时
Mr. Jones was earning a degree in engineering from Georgia Tech,
琼斯先生获得佐治亚工学院工程学位
a degree in English Literature from Harvard,
哈佛的英国文学学位
and a law degree from Emory University here in Georgia,
佐治亚埃莫里大学法律学位
all with distinction.
全都是优异的成绩
Mr. Walter Hagen-
沃特·哈根先生
Mr. Hagen has won 11 national championships,
曾赢得11次全国冠军
includin’ four British Opens and five PGA’s.
包括4次英国公开赛 5次PGA冠军
And in one stretch,
并且在一段时间内
Mr. Hagen won 22 straight professional championships.
哈根先生连续赢得22个职业冠军
That’s work!
就这样
Mr. Rannulph Junuh-
兰努夫·朱诺先生
Walter, I think we’re the under dogs.
沃特 我觉得我们是地位低的人
Born and bred in Savannah, Georgia!
生在长在佐治亚·萨凡纳!
Mr. – Mr. Junuh won the Georgia Amateur at the age of 16,
朱诺先生16岁时赢得佐治亚业余冠军
makin’ him the youngest man to ever do so.
这是该项赛事历史上最年轻的冠军
And until he left for the war, was considered…
直到他去打仗前 被认为是…
the South’s premier golfer.
南方最出色的高尔夫选手
Mr. Junuh returned from the war a hero,
朱诺先生英雄凯♥旋♥
decorated with the Medal of Honor…
获得各种荣誉…
for survivin’ a deadly mission in which…
在一次艰苦的战役中…
most-
大多数…
Most- uh-
大多…嗯…
The rest of his company were tragically defeated.
其他的同伴被打败了
Boy, makes you think twice about steppin’ on his ball, doesn’t it, Bobby?
伙计们 踩到他的球时得好好想想 波比?
Mr. Hagen.
哈根先生
Ladies and gentlemen, Bobby Jones, Walter Hagen…
女生们 先生们 波比·琼斯 沃特·哈根…
and our very own Rannulph Junuh!
和我们自己的兰努夫·朱诺!
On behalf-
代表…
On behalf of the great city of Savannah-
代表伟大的城市萨凡纳!
Sure is some storm a- brewin’.
肯定一场风暴在酝酿中
So, where you off to?
你能打几轮?
However far it takes.
越远越好
You don’t expect me to stay around here, do you? Oh, no, not me.
你没想过我能在这里待多久 是吧 是的 不是我
I consider it one of the six great miracles of the world you was even there at all today.
我觉得你今天在这…就是世界6大奇迹之一了
Let me help you with these bags.
我帮你拿这些袋子
You heard Adele.
你听阿黛尔说过
Bobby Jones never finished lower than second in any tournament he ever played in.
波比·琼斯从没在锦标赛上 获得第二名以下的名次

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!