Faster than nerve conduction velocity.
比神经传导速度还要快
So the animal’s down before it even feeIs the dart.
这样 恐龙还没感觉到中镖就已经倒下了
Is there an antidote?
有解药吗?
Like if you shot yourseIf in the foot?
怎么? 害怕打到自己的脚?
Don’t do that.
最好别那么干
You’d be dead before you realised it.
不然你还没反应过来就已经归天了
He says he’s unloading us here.
他说他打算就在这儿卸货
He won’t go further up the river.
他不会再往上游去了
He’s heard too many stories about this island chain.
他听过很多传言
And He wants to drop us off and anchor offshore.
他要我们下船 船就开到这儿了
What kind of stories?
什么传言?
Stories of fishermen that came too close to the island and never returned.
据说太靠近小岛的渔夫都再也没有回来
He has a radio. He has a satellite phone.
他说他有无线电和卫星电话
When you need him,
你如果需要他
call and he’ll be here in two hours.
打个电话 他两小时就会赶到
But he will not stay here.
但他不会在那儿停留
He won’t stay anywhere near these islands.
他不愿在任何靠近这些小岛的地方停留
They call the islands “Las Cinco Muertes”?
他们把这些小岛称作 “Las Cinco Muertes”
What does that mean?
什么意思?
“The Five Deaths”…
“死亡五岛”…
he says.
他说的
I put a location sensor in Dr. Harding’s phone,
我在哈丁博士的电话里放了追踪器
so we should get a reading.
我们应该能接收到信号
I’m so relieved. Don’t push my buttons.
我真欣慰 不要乱按
We’re almost on top of her dot. She should be around here.
我们几乎就在她的位置 她应该在附近
Over there.
那边
Sarah!
莎拉!
Sarah Harding!
莎拉·哈丁!
How many Sarahs do you think are on this island?
你以为这个岛上有几个莎拉?
What?
什么动静?
Something big.
大东西
This is magnificent.
这真是太壮丽了
Yeah. “Ooh, ah,” that’s how it always starts.
没错 开始你总会说”哇 啊”
But then later there’s running and screaming.
但是过一会儿就只有尖叫和逃命了
Nick!
尼克!
I guess you got the jump on us, didn’t you, Sarah?
你先我们一步到这儿吧 莎拉?
Yeah.
是啊
Ian, I never thought Hammond could get you to come here.
伊恩 我怎么也没想到哈蒙德会把你找来
Hi, Eddie. Hi, Sarah.
你好 埃迪 你好 莎拉
Got a granola bar or something?
有格兰诺拉麦片或者其他什么吃的吗?
I’m starving.
我饿死了
Did you see those animals?
看到那些恐龙了吗?
A family group, a pair bond and a subadult, long after the juvenile was nest bound.
那是一家子 父母和它们的子女
Every egg clutch I’ve seen has crushed, trampled shells.
我看到每个巢穴都有破碎的蛋壳
Hatchlings stay in the birth environment a long time.
刚孵出的幼龙会在巢里待很长时间
That’s conclusive.
这是我的观点
I can end that controversy if I get a shot of the nest.
如果能够多看一些巢穴 就能够证实这个观点了
Have you been attacked?
你没有受到攻击?
No, that’s my lucky pack.
没有 那是我的幸运背包
That’s how it always looks.
它总能给我带来好运
Okay, Sarah…
Ok 莎拉…
Is that a Nikon? Can I borrow it?
那是尼康相机 我能借一下吗?
I’ll be right back, I promise.
我马上回来 我保证
When Hammond called you,
莎拉 哈蒙德通知你的时候
why didn’t you say something to me?
为什么你都不跟我说一声?
I knew you would have stopped me from coming.
因为我知道你一定会阻止我来的
I would have tied you to the bed.
我应该把你绑在床上
I know how they survived without lysine.
我知道它们为什么没有赖氨酸也能生存下来了
I don’t care.
我才不管
The herbivore species that are thriving…
你看那些草食恐龙…
eat mostly agama beans, soy,
吃的都是鬣蜥豆 大豆
anything lysine rich.
以及其他富含赖氨酸的食物
And the carnivores eat the herbivores, so…
而那些肉食恐龙则以草食恐龙为食 于是…
Wait.
等等
Stay there. Be quiet. I’ll be back.
待在这儿 别出声 我马上回来
Stay there.
呆在那儿
She’s much too close.
她靠得太近了
What is she doing? Too close.
她在做什么 太近了 太近了
She has to touch it. She can’t not touch.
她忍不住摸它了 她确实忍不住了
She’s going right up to it.
为什么她就非要去摸呢?
Once she sees something, she has to…
她一看到新鲜东西就忍不住…
Is this even possible?
那可能吗?
What?
什么?
This? What did you think you’d document? What did you think you’d see?
你觉得你将要拍到或者看到什么情景?
Animals. Maybe…
恐龙 或者…
big iguanas.
大蜥蜴
Fruitcakes.
蠢货
He got very angry.
它很生气
Shoot him!
快开枪!
They’re protecting their baby.
它们只是在保护孩子
So am l!
我也是
I think they’re leaving.
我想它们走了
Incredible. Guys shoot their whole life…
惊心动魄 有的人一辈子
and never get stuff haIf this good.
也没见过这一半精彩的场面
Just give me the Pulitzer right now.
快给我颁发普利策奖
The competition’s over, close the entries,
评比结束 其他人也不必再来了
I’d like to thank everyone who lost.
我要感谢每一个输家
Don’t light that! Dinosaurs pick up scents from miles away.
别抽烟 恐龙几英里以外就能闻到
We’re here to observe and document, not interact.
我们来这是观察和记录的 不是来和他们”交流”的
Which is a scientific impossibility.
我想 这是不可能的
Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.
根据海森堡测不准原理
What you study, you also change.
无论你做什么 最后总得有些变化
I’ll risk it. I’m sick of scratching around in rock and bone…
我愿意冒这个险 我讨厌拿着化石摸来摸去…
making assumptions about the nurturing habits of animals…
然后对已经灭绝六千五百万年的…
that have been dead for 65 million years.
恐龙抚养幼兽的习性作出假设
Then you fill my head with stories before you…
然后你就往我的脑袋里灌输你的故事
Of course I came down here.
所以我一定得来
Stories of mutilation and death. Were you paying attention?
我在说有人连命都丢了 你有没有注意听啊?
Please! Don’t treat me like a grad student.
请别把我当成你的研究生
I’ve worked around predators since I was 20.
我从20岁就开始研究猎食动物
Lions, jackals, hyenas, you.
狮子 豺 鬣狗 还有你
Where’s the fire?
哪儿着火了
I’m trying to change 100 years of entrenched dogma.
我正在试图改变百年来的教条
Dinosaurs were characterised early on as vicious lizards.
恐龙被形容为残暴的大蜥蜴
There’s resistance to the idea of them as nurturing parents.
而那些抚养幼龙的行为 正好可以推翻这个观点
Robert Burke said the T. Rex was a rogue…
罗伯特·伯克说霸王龙会抛弃幼龙…
who abandoned its young at the first opportunity. I can prove otherwise.
谁都有年轻的时候 我可以证明他错了
Fire! Dr. Malcolm, fire, base camp!
火! 马尔科姆博士 营地有火!
No! Water makes the smoke billow. Use dirt!
不要! 用水会冒烟 用土
Who started the fire?
谁生的火?
I just wanted to make dinner.
我只是想做晚饭
I wanted it ready when you guys got back.
我想在你们回来之前就弄好的
Do you see any family resemblance there?
发觉了吗? 这父女俩多象
You practically told me to come.
实际上是你让我来的
I… What?
我… 什么?
You said, “Don’t listen to me.” I thought you were trying to tell me…
你说”别听我的” 我想你是想告诉我…
Kelly, you knew exactly what I meant. You have no…
凯丽 你应该明白我是什么意思 你太不…
You want to lock her up for her curiosity?
你想把她关起来吗?
Where do you think she gets it?
她的好奇心从哪儿来的?
Thank you, Sarah.
谢谢 莎拉
Don’t start the teaming up thing.
你不要跟她一个鼻孔出气
Out of the conversation. Please. Really.
谈话到此结束 好吗?
Eddie, why doesn’t this thing ever work?
埃迪 这玩意儿怎么一直都不起作用
It’s not a land line. You’re not in a phone booth.
这不是有线电话 和你打公用电话不同
Wait for a decent signal.
你得等合适的信号
Violence and technology: not good bedfellows.
暴力和科技从来都合不来
Hammond wants your equipment as close to the animaIs as possible.
哈蒙德要你带着设备尽量接近恐龙
Great idea. And why don’t you smear on a little sheep’s blood?
好主意 你不如再涂点羊血在身上
Eddie, is there any reason to think the radio in the trailer might work?
埃迪 你能肯定拖车里的无线电能用吗?
Don’t tease me.
别拿我开玩笑

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章127小时
下一篇文章侏罗纪公园3
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!