当你做肉的时候…
You don’t know what you’re talking about.
你根本不知道你在说什么
你什么都不知道,肉汁是需要你去做出来的
You just don’t know. You’ve gotta make gravy. It doesn’t come.
不是它自己跑出来的!
Well, you asked my advice, so…
好了,是你要问我的意见的,所以…
Your advice? You didn’t even know where this kitchen was till I showed it to you!
你的意见?
在我告诉你厨房♥是干什么的之前你什么都不知道
你是想和我说话吗,伙计,把勺子拿开好吗
You wanna talk to me, buddy, put down that spoon.
勺子,你这个文盲!
Spoon! Heh. You dumb ignoramus!
这是个杓子!
That is a ladle!
你连这是个杓子都不知道!
You did not know that’s a ladle!
控制一下你自己
– Get ahold of yourself. – You think it’s so easy? Go ahead.
你认为这很容易吗?那你来啊
厨房♥是你的,全部东西都是你的
The kitchen’s yours, all yours.
那你来在半个小时里面做出够四个人吃的肉糜卷来啊
You go make a meat loaf for four people that come a half hour late. Go on.
听我说,我并不想因为肉汁和你吵架
Listen to me. I’m arguing with him over gravy.
她们来了…我们的客人来了
They’re here, the dinner guests.
我去拿个锯子来切那些肉糜卷
I’ll get a saw and cut the meat. Listen, I wanna tell you something.
听着!我要告诉你,奥斯卡
我不会对今天的晚餐负责的
I’m not gonna take the blame for this dinner.
谁让你负责了?是谁在为这次晚餐担心啊?
Who even cares about the dinner?
我担心!我为我今晚做的一切感到自豪
I care! I take pride in what I do.
你一定要告诉她们今天晚上这些都是谁做的
You’re gonna explain to them what happened.
可以 但你必须在8:00时候给我们照张相
Okay. You can take a picture of me coming in at 8:00.
现在你给我把那笨拙的围裙脱掉
Now take off that stupid apron because I’m opening the door.
因为我要去开门了
I wanna get one thing straight. This is the last time I cook anything for you.
这是我最后一次给你做饭吃
你这种人根本不会为别人给你准备丰盛的食物表示感激,
People like you don’t appreciate a decent meal, and that’s why they have TV dinners.
所以你们只配去吃速食品
你说够了吗?
– Are you through? – Yeah, I’m through.
是的
Then smile.
那你现在给我笑

Hi there. Ha, ha.

– Hello. – Hello.
但愿我们没有迟到
– I do hope we’re not late. – No, not at all. You timed it perfectly.
当然没有了,你们非常准时!
非常准时!快请进吧
Perfectly. Come on in. Ha, ha.
噢,你真是可爱
Oh, isn’t this lovely?
谢谢 非常感谢
Thank you. Thank you very much.
噢,菲力克斯,让我来为你介绍一下
Felix, I’d like you to meet two elevator acquaintances of mine.
我在电梯上认识的两个朋友…
格温多琳和塞西莉
Gwendolyn and Cecily.
不对,是塞西莉和格温多琳
No, Cecily and Gwendolyn.
噢,非常抱歉!
Oh, I’m terribly sorry. Cecily and Gwendolyn.
塞西莉和格温多琳
– Don’t tell me. Uh, Robin? No. – No.
别告诉我…罗宾?不是
卡迪诺?
– Cardinal? – No, wrong both times. It’s Pigeon.
不对 两次都错了 是皮金
– Pigeon. Yes. Ha, ha. – Yes. Ha, ha.
皮金 噢 是的
塞西莉和格温多琳·皮金
Cecily and Gwendolyn Pigeon.
皮金姐妹
Ha, ha. The Pigeon sisters.
我们在切尔西的时候
Or as our friends in Chelsea used to call us, the Coo-Coo Pigeon sisters.
朋友们都叫我们疯狂的皮金姐妹
我喜欢这个叫法
Silly. – I like that.
是吗?谢谢你
Thank you.
女士们,让我来为你们介绍
Girls, I’d like you to meet my roommate and our chef for the evening, Mr. Felix Ungar.
我的室友兼今晚的厨师,
菲力克斯·恩格先生
– How do you do? – How do you do?
你好
你好
看吧,我说过她们很漂亮的
Well, we did that beautifully.
让我们过去坐下聊怎么样,
Shall we sit down, make ourselves comfortable?
那样我们会更舒适一些的
– Yes, I’d love to. Oh, this is so nice. – Wonderful.
当然了,这个提议非常棒
很香
Perfume.
我们能坐在这里吗?
Look. Shall I sit here?
当然,当然,你们想坐哪就坐哪
– Sure, sure. Anyplace you like. – I’ll sit next to you.
随便什么地方都行
不过最好不要坐在吃的东西上面
Don’t sit on the hors d’oeuvres.
Oh.
Well… Oh.
这里真棒啊,你说呢,格温?
– Well, this is ever so nice, isn’t it, Gwen? – Yes. Yes, it is. Yes.
是的 没错,这里很棒,是的
比我们家还要整洁干净
And it’s so much neater than our flat. Do you have help?
你们是不是找人来帮忙打扫房♥间呢?
是的 我找了一个男的每天晚上来做家务
– Yes, I have a man who comes in every night. – Oh.
真的吗,那你真是太幸福了!
– Oh. – Oh, ha, ha. Well, aren’t you the lucky one?
是啊,你说的很对
– Boy, this is really nice. – Yes.
你们知道吗,我一直到了昨天才告诉菲力克斯
You know, I was telling Felix only yesterday how we happened to meet.
我们是怎么认识的
谁是菲力克斯?
– Oh. – Oh. Who’s Felix?
他就是
– He is. – Oh, yes, of course.
噢,是的,当然了
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
你知道吗,类似的事今天又发生在我们身上了
– It happened to us again this morning. – What did?
什么事?
– Stuck in the lift again. – No kidding. Just the two of you?
被困在电梯里啊
不是在开玩笑吧!就你们两个人吗?
And poor Mr. Kessler from the third floor. We were in there nearly half an hour.
还有从3楼上电梯的可怜的凯斯勒先生
我们被困在里面接近半个钟头
是真的吗?那有没有出什么事?
– Is that right? – Mm.
噢,没有什么事,我只是有点害怕
Well, what happened?
– Oh, nothing much, I’m afraid. – Ha, ha.
噢,老实说
Oh, honestly.
噢,格温
Oh, Gwen.
你失态了
– You’re terrible. – I know.
我知道
这里真是太棒了
– Boy, this is really nice. – Yes.
比我们住的地方凉快很多
– And ever so much cooler than our place. – Oh, yes.
噢,是的
– Cooler? – Yes.
我们那里在这栋大楼里的位置
Oh, it’s like equatorial Africa on our side of the building.
就像是非洲的赤道地区
是啊,昨天晚上真是太糟糕了,
Well, last night it was so bad, Gwen and I sat there in nature’s own…
格温和我,我们两个就睡在地上,
把冰箱的门打开来降温
…cooling ourselves in front of the open fridge. Can you imagine such a thing?
你们能想象那是种什么样的情景吗?
当然,因为我也曾经这么做过
– Well, I’m working on it. Ha, ha. – Honestly. Ha-ha-ha.
真的吗!
– Honestly. Ha, ha. – Ha-ha-ha.
真的吗!
但是,但是…
Well, no. No, actually, it’s impossible to get a night’s sleep.
在那样的夜里真的是让人很难入睡
塞西和我真的不知道该怎么办了
Cece and I don’t know what to do about it.
你们为什么不开空调呢?
– Why don’t you sleep with an air conditioner? – We haven’t got one.
我们没有空调
– I know, but we have. Ha-ha-ha. – Oh, you.
哦,是吗,不过我们有啊
噢,你们有!
Ooh, I told about that one, didn’t I?
看吧,我说过他们一定有的吧,我说的没错吧?
电视上说星期五会下雨的
Yeah, they say it may rain Friday.
噢,是吗?
Oh?
那样温度应该会降低一点吧
Well, that should cool things off a bit.
是的 不过我们也不用这么惊讶
Yes, I wouldn’t be surprised.
有时候下过雨之后天气会变的更热的
– Though, sometimes it gets hotter after it rains. – Yes, it does, doesn’t it?
是吗,真的是这样吗?
– Yes. Sometimes it gets a little hotter. – Yes, it can do.
是的,有时候下了雨之后确实会变热
是的,会变热…
– Mm-hm, mm-hm. Mm-hm.
该吃饭了
Um…
不,现在还没到吃饭的时间
– Dinner’s served. – No, it isn’t.
不,已经到了吃饭的时间了
– Yes, it is. – I’m sure the girls would like…
不,我想女士们在吃饭前一定想要先喝些鸡尾酒
…to have a cocktail first, wouldn’t you?
女士们,你们说对吗?
– Ooh. Well, I wouldn’t put up a struggle. – There you are. What would you like?
当然了,我很想先喝点酒
如你所愿,你们要喝些什么?
我不知道 你们有什么呢?
I don’t really know. What have you got?
肉糜卷
– Meat loaf. – Oh.
她是说喝的东西
She means to drink.
我们什么都有,就算是我们没有的,
We have everything, and what we don’t have, I mix in the medicine cabinet.
我也能用医药箱里的东西自己做出来
说吧,到底想要喝什么呢?
– What will it be? – Oh. Um…
噢…我要伏特加
噢,亲爱的,别 别在吃饭前喝那个
– A double vodka. – Oh, darling, please. Not before dinner. Please.
我的姐姐她…老实说,
Oh, my sister, honestly, she watches over me like a mother hen. Ha, ha.
她总是像一个鸡妈妈那样看着我
那我就要一小杯伏特加吧
– Make it a small double vodka. – Ha, ha.
小杯的伏特加…
Small double vodka. And for the beautiful mother hen?
我们美丽的鸡妈妈要什么呢?
Ooh. Um… Ooh. Um…
恩,我想要喝些冰的东西
Well, I think I’d like something cool. Um…
恩…什么呢… 我知道了,我知道了
What…? I know. I would like a double Drambuie with crushed ice.
我想要一杯苏格兰威士忌加冰…
当然了,除非…
Unless, of course, you haven’t got the crushed ice.
除非你们没有碎冰的话
放心吧,我有个大锤子
I was up all night with a sledgehammer.
我一会就回来
I shall return.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!