还有我的奖牌!
And my medal!
什么? 你还是以为是我拿的
What? You still think I took it.
是的 Mal 被你识破了
Yeah,Mal,you busted me.
我拿走你的奖牌 把它藏在这儿 然后把墙重新砌上
I took your medal,hid it here and re-plastered the wall.
我不清楚你怎么做到的
I don’t know how you did it.
我只知道就是你做的 因为你总是干这种事儿
I just know you did it,because you always do it.
– 还有 你快去把它收拾干净 – 你跟妈妈说的是”我们一起打扫干净”
– And now you’re gonna clean it up. – You told Mom we were gonna clean it.
“我们”就指的是你
We means you.
Simon 你难道不想知道这东西通向哪儿吗?
Simon,don’t you want to know where this thing goes?
不想
Not really.
Simon!
Simon!
Simon 醒醒!
Simon,wake up!
我上去了 楼上有一个房♥间 一个秘密房♥间
I went up. It’s a room,a secret room,upstairs.
那儿有一个书桌和一个箱子 而且我发现了这本书!
There’s a desk and a chest,and I found this book!
– 里面有一些东西! – 一只红松鼠?
– Something was in there! – A red squirrel?
不 不是松鼠 除非松鼠会写字
No,not a squirrel. Unless squirrels can spell.
它在桌上的灰上写 “Jared Grace 离开这里”
It wrote in the dust on the desk,”Jared Grace,leave this place.”

Wow.
这绝对… 不可能
That’s really… impossible.
晚了
It’s late.
快去睡觉吧
Just go to sleep.
“切勿阅读此书
“Do not dare to read this book,
你的一瞥可能会使你的命运从此改变
“for if you take one fateful look,
会让你付出生命的代价 并会有致命的后果”
“you barter at your life’s expense and face a deadly consequence.”
这是…
What the…
你们怎么跑出来的?
How did you guys get out?
亲爱的读者
Dear reader,
您手里捧着的是 一本凝结了本人毕生心血的作品
what you now hold in your hands is the culmination of a life’s work.
你将会看到 如我所见
And you will soon see,as I have,
一些奇妙的生物在我们周围生活着
that there are fantastical creatures living among us,
通过模仿和魔法隐藏了起来
hidden through mimicry and magic.
此书将给予你工具和必要的技巧
his book will give you the tools and techniques
去掀开神秘的面纱 看见那些平常看不见的
needed to lift the veil and see the unseen
一旦你有了这个平台 你就不会再以同样的方法看待事情
Once you have this site,you’ll never seen things in the same way again,
但是首先我要说的是
but before one
你将要知道的秘密 是已经被埋藏了很多年的秘密
The secrets you are about to learn have been kept hidden for ages,
而且这些秘密都更希望能一直保持下去
secrets that many of this realm would prefer to stay hidden.
你将遇到的生物是真实存在的
The creatures you will meet are truly a sight to behold,
并且它们大多数都不喜欢被人看到
and most of them do not like being observed.
但是 过了一段时间之后 我已经得到了他们的信任
But,over time,I have garnered their trust.
有一些事 我很高兴去记述 我现在已经被他们称为朋友了
Some,I am quite happy to report,I now call friend.
但是还有极少一部分 坦白地说 令人感到恐惧
But a rare few are,quite frankly,to be feared.
这个世界的黑暗势力全都臣服于一个怪物
The darker forces of this realm all live in service of one creature,
它是食人魔 Mulgarath
the ogre,Mulgarath.
这个秘密蕴含了巨大的力量 超出了我的想象
The secrets herein are powerful,more powerful than even I was aware.
这本书所记载的奇幻世界
Never before has knowledge of the fantastical realm
是世人闻所未闻的
been assembled in one tome.
所以我恳请您 亲爱的读者 请明智地运用书中的知识
And so I implore you,dear reader,to use this information wisely,
因为那个食人魔 Mulgarath 踏破铁皮
for the ogre,Mulgarath,seeks this knowledge
要找到这些知识
with relentless persistence.
如果他要得到书里的知识
If he were to obtain the information in these pages,
我可以向您保证 他肯定会不择手段
I can assure you his intentions would be of the vilest sort.
他会化身各种形态
He assumes many forms,
所以您必须时刻保持警惕
and so you must constantly be on guard.
我真的很怕 我知道得越多
I deeply fear that the more I learn,
就越会把我身边的朋友推向危险的境地
the more I place everyone around me in grave danger.
所以 读者 请小心
So,reader,beware.
我恳求您 一定要小心
I beseech you,beware.
妈妈!
Mom!
– 发生什么事了? – 妈妈! 妈妈 求求你 救救我!
– What’s going on? – Mom! Mom,please,help!
你怎么了?
What happened to you?
– 别动 – 求求你 妈妈 把它剪断! 剪断!
– Hold still. – Please,Mom,just cut it! Cut it!
– 好的 冷静 – 妈妈 求你了!
– Okay,calm down. – Mom,please!
剪掉它! 剪掉!
Just cut me out! Cut it out!
求你了 就是拿把剪刀! 我不在乎!
Please,just get a scissors! I don’t care!
– 怎么了? – 他毁了我的头发! 叫他滚出去!
– What happened? – He ruined my hair! Get him out!
Jared 你这次做得太离谱了
Jared,you’ve gone way too far this time.
– 妈妈 求你了! 快点! – 什么? 不是我♥干♥的
– Mom,please! Please! – What? I didn’t do this!
我刚才的两小时都一直在小提箱里看书!
I’ve been sitting in a footlocker for the last two hours,reading!
对 没错!
Yeah,right!
不信问问Simon
Ask Simon.
他的确在小提箱里
Well,he was in a footlocker.
– 快把头发剪断! – 野外指南
– Just cut me out! – Field guide.
妈妈 快把它剪断!
Mom,just cut it!
我一点也不喜欢这个
I’m not enjoying this.
我说过 我会帮你抓只土拨鼠或者别的什么
I told you,I’ll help you catch a woodchuck or something.
我需要练习 现在 快点吧
I need the practice. Now,come on.
Simon!
Simon!
这太不公平了 他让我走神了
That’s not fair. He distracted me.
– “平息”是什么意思? – “平息”
– What does “appease” mean? – “Appease.”
你知道的 安抚 安慰 镇定
You know,placate,pacify,assuage.
– 说简单点 – 就是去讨好
– In English. – To make nice.
你跑出来就是为了这事儿? 我不会原谅你的
Is that what you came out here to do? Well,apology not accepted.
我不是来道歉 因为我压根就没做过! 是它做的
I’m not apologizing cause I didn’t do it! This did.
这所房♥子里住着一位棕仙(传说中夜间帮人做事的小精灵) 他想让我们离开
A brownie is living in the house and wants us to leave.
噢 这太不可思议了
Wow. That’s incredible.
你竟然会认字!
You can read!
我告诉你 这房♥子里有一些东西和我们在一起
I’m telling you,something is in that house with us,
Arthur Spiderwick知道的
and Arthur Spiderwick knew about it,
这就是他写这本指南的原因!
and that’s why he wrote this guide!
我现在有点搞晕了 到底是谁需要平息?
I’m a little lost. Who needs to be appeased?
– 那个棕仙? – 不 是一个捣蛋鬼精灵
– The brownie? – No,a boggart.
也就是说这里有一位棕仙和一个捣蛋鬼精灵?
So there’s a brownie and a boggart?
棕仙生气时会变成一个捣蛋鬼精灵
A brownie turns into a boggart when it’s angry,
Mallory毁坏他的巢 他就会生气
and it got angry when Mallory destroyed his nest.
他喜欢吃蜂蜜
It likes honey.
– 这就是为什么房♥子里会有这么多蜂蜜 – 真的吗?
– That’s why all the honey’s there. – Really?
别听他瞎说 Simon
Don’t listen to him,Simon.
走 咱们去吃点东西
Come on,let’s go eat.
你好!
Hello!
有人吗?
Hello?
很抱歉我拆毁了你的家 但是我给你造了个新的
Sorry I wrecked your home,but I made you a new one.
我还拿来了一些蜂蜜
And I got you some honey.
我看书上说你喜欢
I read you liked it.
希望你真的喜欢
Hope you do.
我希望 你知道的 平息你的怒气
Hope it,you know,appeases you.
我会待在这里
I’ll be over here.
我真心希望你是真的存在的
I’m really hoping you actually exist.
你好?
Hello?
噢! 我的 我的 我的
Oh! My,my,my.
太可口了 好吃 美味的蜂蜜
That is just tasty,tasty,delicious honey.
太棒了! 太好吃了 好吃 好吃!
So good! So yummy,yummy,yummy!
等等! 不! 我并不是要伤害你!
Wait! No! I won’t hurt you!
这儿 看这里 再多吃点儿蜂蜜!
Here,here,have some more honey!
我不该 我不应该 我真的不应该 我是说 既然你一直坚持
I shouldn’t,I shouldn’t,I really shouldn’t. I mean,if you insist.
噢! 我的 我的 我的! 太好吃了!
Oh,my,my,my! That is good!
你在哪儿? 为什么我看不见你?
Where are you? Why can’t I see you?
你看不见我们 但是现在你可以了 只有在我们想让你看见的时候
You don’t see us,but now you do. But only if we want you to.
我们? 你是说所有有魔力的生物
We? You mean all the magical creatures
Arthur Spiderwick写的那些
Arthur Spiderwick wrote about.
那本书! 哦 上帝!
The book! Oh,my gosh!
我很抱歉 主人 我失败了! 失败 失败 失败了!
I’m sorry,master,I’ve failed! Failed,failed,failed!
您的指示非常简单 “保护这本书”
Your instructions were simple,”Protect the book.”
我照做了 我把它藏起来了 装订好 绑好
And I did it,I hid it,I bound it and I wound it.
我尽我最大的努力 把它锁在箱子里了!
I did my best,locked it in the chest!
但是你看到了 看到了 找到了这本书!
But you looked and looked and found the book!
从箱里找到了 书被偷了!
And from the chest,the thing was stolen!
你这个愚蠢的男孩!
You foolish boy!
白♥痴♥! 你瞎了吗? 我在封面上放了一张字条的!
Idiot! Are you blind? I put a note right on the cover!
难道你不认字吗?
Can’t you read?