with these.
用这些
Alexander!
亚力山大
Alexander.
亚力山大
Are you coming to work now? Come with me… No.
你要帮忙吗,跟我来… 不行
Alexander’s not well enough. We’re going to see his machine.
他还不熟练 我们要去看看他的机器
Now? Stay with Toren.
现在吗? 你跟多伦在一起
Go the next day, tomorrow. I need to see that it’s all right.
我明天也要去 我先去看看机器管不管用
This way.
这边
Will you tell me more about N-NewYork tonight?
你今晚会再说纽约的事给我听吗?
I will.
我会的
Oh, good. It seems fine.
太好了 这机器没问题
We had quite a ride together.
我和这机器的冒险很刺♥激♥
It’s ready? Appears so.
它还管用吗 应该没问题
Will you use it now? Go back to your own time?
你现在就要走了吗 回到你的时代?
Well, I…I guess I could.
我想应该可以
it seems so long ago.
只是年代有点久远
No. You should go.
不 你应该走了
And I need to ask, will you take Kalen with you?
我要问你…可不可以带凯勒一起走
Why? Alexander, take him away, back to your time. Will you?
为什么 求你带他走 回去你的时代
Mara, why? Please. You don’t know.
玛拉 为什么? 求你了,你不会知道的
Take him away from here.
请你带他离开这儿
Kalen!
凯勒
Mara, what’s going on?
玛拉 怎么回事?
They’re early! We must get Kalen!
他们来早了 快去快凯勒!
Kalen!
凯勒
Kalen! Kalen!
凯勒 凯勒
Mara!
玛拉!
Kalen! No, stay here.
凯勒 不 呆在这
Stay in the group!
跟大家一起
Run!
快跑!
Mara!
玛拉
Mara!
玛拉
Where did they take them?
他们带他们去哪?
We have to follow them. We have to find them. We do not. Col’quin tor.
我们必须跟着他们 去找他们 不行
Why not? This is nem Eloi’tas, our life here.
为什么不行 我们的生命就在这里
How can you just do nothing? How can tor’tas aI’mor.
你怎能袖手旁观呢?
It is the day and the night. The day and the night.
这是日和夜 日和夜
This is the world.
这个世界就是这个样子
Why don’t you fight back?
你为何不还手
Fight back. Why not?
还手 为什么不还手?
Those who far quil’pax…fight…
那些魔鬼强悍敏捷 谁反击
are taken first.
谁先死
Kalen, do you know where they’re taken? No.
凯勒 你知道他们被带到哪吗? 不
Do they ever come back? No.
他们回来过吗? 没有
Has anyone ever followed them? I don’t know.
有人跟踪过他们吗 我不知道
Well, what about the Morlocks? There must be a leader. We’re not supposed to talk.
那他们的巢穴呢? 那儿一定有个带头的 我们不能谈这些
Kalen, listen to me. Listen.
凯勒 听我说 听着
Sometimes we need to accept what’s happening to us even if we don’t want to.
有时我们需要接受发生的一切 即使我们不想
And other times we have to fight, even if we’re afraid.
但以后我们必须得战斗 即使我们害怕
Now, it’s difficult to understand, I know.
我知道 现在很难理解
Believe me, I know. Now, they’re afraid,
相信我 我知道 他们现在很害怕
and I’m asking you not to be.
我希望你别这样
So will you tell me what you know?
你能告诉我你所知道的吗?
We can save her. Please.
我们可以救她的
When they go, we’re not supposed to talk about it.
他们走了 我们就不会谈论这种事
But we all know the place. What place?
但我们都知道这个地方 什么地方?
Where the ghosts are.
魔鬼的巢穴
Here it is.
它在那
Welcome to VOXsystem. How may I helpy ou?
欢迎使用凡克斯资讯系统 有何效劳
It’s all right. How may I serve you?
没关系 这小子我认识 有什么地方可以为您服务
What can I get you? Oh, let’s see.
我找找
Um, Henry james. Oh, no. Yes?
享利詹姆斯? 不要?
No, no, no. Too depressing. Hemingway, perhaps? No. Too sweaty.
不 太伤感了 那海明威呢 不行 太费力了
Plato, Proust, Pinter, Poe, Pound?
柏拉图. 葛洛斯梅…?
No. Complete Works of Martha Stewart?
不 家居生活大全集
Ah, I have it! Jules Verne.
有了!科幻小说
Right up your alley, I would think. Photonic, right?
合适你的口味 资料库,对吗?
Or what’s left of one. What’s left of all of them.
最后一本了
I am the last, and “these fragments I have shored against my ruins.”
我是最后的 这些在我的心深处的记忆碎片
T.S. Eliot.
艾略特
You wouldn’t know him yet, but he is so depressing, yet so divine.
你可能不知道他 不过他的作品发人省思
Oh, I’m sorry. The lending library is temporarily out of service.
对不起 图书馆暂不能提供服务
Not to worry. I have them all right here… every page of every volume.
别担心 我都记在这儿了 每本书 每一面一点都不漏
Can you tell me what’s happening here?
你能告诉我到底怎么回事吗?
Well, my sources are no longer fully annotated,
我的资料来源不再齐全
and my information is somewhat ane cdotal, but I believe what was once one race…
资讯也有点迟期 不过我曾知道有个种族…
is now two.
现在一分为二
One above and one below.
一族住地上 另一族地下
Two distinct species that have evolved.
两种不同生物自然发展
And how do those below survive? That is the real question, isn’t it?
那地下的种族如何存活 这问题难到我了
I don’t believe it. Well,
我不相信 好吧,
if you don’t like the answers, you should avoid asking the questions.
若你不喜欢这个答案 你就不应该问这个问题
Look at them. They have no knowledge of the past,
你看看他们 他们对过去一无所知
no ambition for the future.
对未来也毫无信心
So lucky. Why would you say something like that?
真是幸运 你怎能说这种话?
Can you even imagine what it’s like to remember everything?
你能想像我的痛苦吗 我对每件事都记得一清二楚
I remember a six-year-old girl who asked me about dinosaurs 800,000 years ago.
我记得一个六年级小学生问我八十万年前的恐龙问题
I rememberthe last book I recommended: Look Homeward, Angel, by Thomas Wolfe.
我记得我推荐的上一本书 是汤姆斯沃夫的作品
And yes, I even remember you.
当然 我也记得你
Time travel: practical application.
时光旅行 应用科学
How do you know about the Morlocks if you can’t leave this place?
你无法离开这里 怎么知道莫拉克族的事
There was one Eloi who managed to escape. He told me everything.
曾有个依洛伊族人逃出来 他把一切告诉我
We spent years together, just talking.
我们在一起好多年了 说吧
The conversation’s a little spotty now, but I do remember.
对话内容现在有点模糊 不过我还记得
It’s good to have a friend. Then you can help us find the Morlocks,
有朋友真好 你可以帮助 我们找到莫拉克族
find Mara.
还有玛拉
And if the truth is so horrible, and will haunt your dreams for all time?
要是你发现恐怖的真♥相♥ 你会一起做恶梦
Well, I think I’m used to that.
反正我也习惯了
My friend said he came from the east, from the jungle.
我那个朋友说他从东方逃过来 从森林中
Will you describe it? I don’t have to.
能不能描述一下吗 用不着
Just follow the breathing.
顺着沉重的呼吸声就找得到
In the dream, we’re moving toward it, but I think it was meant to keep us away.
我们在梦中是朝着它前进 我想它是刻意不让我们接近
I might just go in by myself. No.
我一个进去就好 不
Mara would be very cross with me if you got hurt. Now, I’ll find her,
你要是受伤 玛拉会怪我的 我去救她
but I need you to go back to the village and light a fire so we can find our way home.
你回村里去 生一把火 这样我们就可以找到回家的路
All right? Will you do that for me? I lost your pocket watch.
可以帮我这个忙吗 我弄丢了你的表
They took it from my room.
莫拉克族从我房♥间抢走的
I’m sorry.
对不起
Why would they take it?
他们拿走表干吗?
Oh. Stupid.
蠢材
Mara?
玛拉?
Mara?
玛拉?
Mara.
玛拉
Mara?
玛拉?
Come a little closer. I don’t bite.
靠近一点 我不会咬你的
Do I surprise you?
吓到你了吧?
A little. Yes. Hmm.
是的 一点点
We weren’t always like this. After the moon fell from the sky,
我们以前不是这样的 在月球大爆♥炸♥之后
the Earth could no longer sustain the species.
地球再也不适合生物居住
Some managed to stay above.
有些人在地面上活了下来
The rest of us escaped under ground.
我们其他人就逃入到地下
Then centuries later, when we tried to reemerge into the sun again, we couldn’t.
几百年后我们想再回到地上 却已经没办法了
So we bred ourselves into castes.
所以我们把人类分成各阶层
Some to be our eyes and ears.
有些是我们的眼睛与耳朵
Some to be our muscles and sinews. You mean, your hunters.
有些是我们的肌肉与力量 你是指 你的猎人
Yes. Bred to be predators, but bred also to be controlled.
是的 他们被训练成掠食者 但他们仍在控制之下
You see, my caste concentrated…
你看 我这个阶级
on expanding our cerebral abilities.
致力于发展大脑能力
You control their thoughts. Not just theirs.
你控制他们的思想 不只是他们
The Eloi.
还有依洛伊族

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!