你在流汗 对吗?
and you’re sweating to do this,aren’t you?
站在这里很辛苦
Just standing here is quite hard work.
是这样吧?
Is that true?
活动量较大
不该说你出汗
I shouldn’t say sweating.
你是容光焕发
You’re glowing.
你微微地出汗。
You’re perspiring gently.
艾蒂是2015年一月入院的
So Addie’s been coming…Start in January 2015.
你一月刚入院时 双杠复健的情况如何?
And when you came in January,how good were you at the parallel bars?
非常糟糕 -很糟糕?
Very bad,very bad.Very bad?
慢慢来 一次用一只手
Nice and slowly.One hand at a time.
我觉得很有趣 身为医生设法找出问题所在
It’s very interesting for me as a doctor to try and work out where the problem is.
她是什么情况?
What’s happened here?
我猜这很类似中风
This is quite similar to if someone’s had a stroke,
造成脑部出现损伤 进而影响
where there’s been some damage to the brain and it’s affecting…
我猜是 她控制肌肉
..I guess her ability to contract her muscles,
力量与协调的能力
with her strength and her co-ordination,
进而造成平衡出问题
which leads to problems with her balance,
难以站立 语言协调能力也出问题
difficulty standing and also with your coordination in terms of your
看起来你似乎很吃力 才能
speech as well.It seems to me that you’re working very hard to make the
用嘴巴和舌头念出那些字汇 -对
words with your mouth and tongue.Yeah,yeah.
这部分你必须重新学习 是吗?
Is that a thing you’ve had to relearn to do?
是的
Yeah,yeah,yeah.
我在练习让说话更流利
艾蒂 你向来这么乐观吗
Addie,are you always this cheerful?
我经常笑
你的个性天生就是这样吗?
Has that always just been your nature?
是的
过来坐下呢? -你可以去
We’re going to come and have a sit down.
坐一下 -好的
Do you want to gave a seat?Yeah,yeah,yeah.
我注意到你真的很努力
I’m conscious you are really working away here.
因为我累了
我猜你累坏了
Yeah,I bet you’re getting tired.
艾蒂刚送来医院时 预测复原的状况是如何?
What was Addie’s prognosis when she came here?
非常不乐观 估计她只剩下三个月寿命
It was very bad.She had just been given about three months to live.
所以她当时几乎没有正常运作的免疫系统?
So she had virtually no functioning immune system?
对 没有
No,she didn’t.
所以你当时已经病入膏肓
So you were in a bad way.
预计只剩下三个月的寿命
And you were given three months to live.
能陪伴你这样的人复健 真的很了不起 艾蒂
It’s remarkable,I think,to work with someone like you,Addie,
你有严重的脑部损伤
where you’ve had this very severe brain damage,really.
我们不避讳地说
Let’s call it what it is.
但以你的年纪来说 大脑还有足够塑性
But at your age,the brain is sufficiently plastic
让你可以重新训练 恢复许多功能
that you can retrain it and gain a lot of function.
没错 而且已经有长足的进步
Exactly,and there has been quite remarkable improvement.
(奇异的恩典)
THEY SING “Amazing Grace”
现在艾蒂靠歌♥唱疗法 重建语言能力
Singing therapy is now helping Addie to rebuild her power of speech.
过去30年来 米尔德梅医院
And the Mildmay has been at the forefront
一直是治疗艾滋病毒感染与艾滋病的先锋
of treating HIV and AIDS for the past 30 years.
威尔士王妃一直到伦敦东部一家医院
The Princess of Wales has been visiting AIDS sufferers
探望艾滋病患者
in an East London hospital.
今早 她又在米尔德梅医院临终关怀部 和病人们
This morning,she spent time with patients at the hospice wing
共度时光
of the Mildmay hospital.
1989年 在媒体的关注下
In 1989,in the full glare of the media,
戴安娜王妃公开与艾滋病患者握手
Princess Diana openly shook hands with patients who had AIDS.
这是一个里程碑式的时刻 洗刷这种疾病
It was a landmark moment in challenging the stigma
带来的耻辱
surrounding the disease.
她的伟大影响力就延续到现在
And her legacy continues to this day.
艾蒂 你有访客
Addie,I think you’ve got a visitor.
谁?哈利王子!
Who?Prince Harry!
是哈利王子 -你好啊
Prince Harry! Hello.
坐着吧 你好吗?
Stay,stay,stay.How are you?
我很好 -很高兴又见到你
I’m fine.Nice to see you again.
我也是 -我在外面听到你唱歌♥
Nice to see you too.I heard you singing outside.
是的 -太好听了
Yeah.Yeah,yeah.
的确是“奇异恩典”不是吗? -真的是 幸会
Amazing.Literally,Amazing Grace,wasn’t it?Yeah.It was.
哈利王子已经和艾蒂见过面 她的复健已经进步很多
Prince Harry has met Addie before,and she has made real progress.
可以了解 你一定觉得很挫败
Understandably,there is huge frustrations for you
因为说话有困难
because of your speech.
人们…人们…
People…People…
觉得我很愚笨

Yeah.
这让我很挫折
谢谢你 王子 -我们会再见的 -是的
Can I have a…?Thank you,Prince.We’ll see you.Yeah,yeah.
艾蒂的故事证明 早期诊断出艾滋病毒
Addie’s story proves that when it comes to HIV,
是很重要的
an early diagnosis is crucial.
唯一万无一失的办法就是固定做检验
And the only way to be sure of that is regular testing.
重点在于检验很简易
The key point of this is how easy it was,
对你来说也很简单
and how easy it was for you as well.
你可以买♥♥到在家检验套组
You had a home-testing kit.
我愿意在媒体拍摄下做检验 是因为我
I went in and the only reason I did it live was because I wanted to show
想让大众知道 这其实很容易 而且很平常
to everybody how easy it is and how normal it is.
想想看 如果我们能发起一项运动
Imagine if we could create a movement where everybody…
让每个人都去做检验 若你不愿意
everyone goes and gets tested.You know,if you’re not going to get
为自己去做检验 也不愿意为
tested for yourself and you’re not going to go
挚爱的亲友做 你可能会感染
and get tested for your loved ones that you could possibly infect,
那我不知道这算不算是自私
then – I don’t know whether it’s a selfish thing to say or not –
但如果你尊敬我母亲捍卫的理念
but if you respect what my mother stood for,
那就为了她做检测
go and get tested for her.
明年她过世就满20年了
You know,you’ve got 20 years next year since she died,
但30年前
and 30 years ago,
她就在这间医院 做了史无前例的创举
she was in the hospital and she did something that no-one else had ever
是她唤起世人的关注
done before,and she started this whole thing.
这是鼓舞你投身这项工作的原因吗?
Is that partly what is inspiring you to do this?
是的 要是她还在世
Yes.You know,if she were still here today…
也许每个月都会去做检验
she would…Well,she’d probably get tested every month
为了强调这个理念
just to prove the point.
这个疾病名称被严重抹黑 就连缩写也是
There’s so much stigma simply around a name or an acronym that we need…
我们需要…
we need…
我们应该意识到 现在已经是2016年
You know,it’s 2016,for God’s sake.
我们应该重新思考这种疾病
I mean,we need to start rethinking
叫做后天什么?后天免疫缺乏症候群
the whole Acquired…What is it?Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.
而且当你真的拼出这个词时
When you actually lay it out and you spell it out,you suddenly go,
实际上没那么可怕
“It’s not actually that terrifying at all.”
当然如果跟罹病的人谈
Obviously,if you speak to someone who’s suffering from it,
这是很可怕的疾病 因为它可能致命
of course it’s terrifying because it can kill you.
但我要说的重点是
But the point I’m trying to make is,
要是连念这个字都会让你畏缩 担忧
if you can’t even say the word without cringing or worrying
或是吓破胆
or freaking out about it,
那怎么有办法在情况恶化前
how the hell are we going to help everybody and solve this
帮助他人解决这个问题呢?
problem before it gets too big?
我相信多数人都会坦承曾有过无预防措施性行为
I think most people would admit that they’ve had sex without a condom,
而且总会有那么一刻 也许是隔天吧
and that is always a moment – the next day,probably –
你会在心里默默想
when you think to yourself,
老天 我可能需要
“You know what,Christ,I probably need to,
去检查一下
“you know,go and get a checkup.”
你为什么要把这件事当成自己的理想?
Why did you want to take this on as a cause?
这个议题需要
The issue itself needs…
30多岁的异性恋男性
..a straight guy,mid-30s,early 30s…
挺身参与 并且让这议题正常化
..to come in and try and normalise it.
我再强调一次 我很幸运自己能有这身份 能够
And once again,I’m fortunate enough to be in this position to be able to
带来影响 就从英国开始
make a difference.Let’s start in the UK.
为他国树立模范 再去帮助其他人
Let’s lead by example,and then help everybody else.
在英国 自戴安娜王妃
In Britain,we’ve come a long,
向艾滋病患者伸出同情之手后 我们已经有了
long way since Princess Diana extended the hand of compassion
长足的进步
to people with AIDS.
但严峻挑战依旧存在
But huge challenges still remain.
我要前往世界某一处 那里出现英国医生
I’m off to a part of the world where the worst-case scenario
最为忧惧的糟糕情况
the doctors feared for the UK
已演变成难以想像的大灾难
has now become a catastrophe of unimaginable proportions.
我来到南非 世上艾滋病最肆虐的国家
I’ve come to South Africa,the worst affected country in the world,
每年有将近20万人因此丧命
where nearly 200,000 people still die every year.
南非这个国家 就是一个最佳例子
So South Africa is an example of what happens when you don’t have
艾滋病毒爆发初期 缺乏有效的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!