这是很怪异的情况
This is a weird situation,
我认为这是公共卫生宣导的影响
and I think that the legacy of the public health campaign
让我选择不面对艾滋病毒 我想很多人
is it turns me about HIV,and I think many people…
哦 我们该走了
Oh,there we go.It turns…
也让我这个时代的人 对艾滋病变得多疑
..people of my generation into HIV hypochondriacs.
好了 结果是阴性
OK,so that is a negative result.
天啊 老实说 我的心脏激烈
Gosh,I feel real…Honestly,my heart is really…
跳个不停 现在松了一口气
..pounding.That is a load off,though.
(只有一条线代表检验结果为阴性)
知道确切的真♥相♥比较好
The unequivocal truth is it is better to know.
知道自己究竟是阴性还是阳性
It is better to know if you’re negative,and it’s better to know
最好也要明白 就算现在检验是阴性
if you’re positive.And it’s better to understand if you are negative
不代表永远都是阴性
that you may not always be negative.
下回当你有无预防措施的性行为后
That the next time you have unprotected sex
再做一次艾滋病毒检验
warrants another HIV test.
对英国每年新增的6000名感染者来说
So what’s it like nowadays for the 6,000 people who test positive
生活是什么情景?
in the UK each year?
你好 迈可 -你好吗 克里斯
Michael.Hi,how you doing,Chris?
我来到格拉斯哥
I’ve come to Glasgow,
31岁的迈可 最近刚面对这个噩耗
where 31-year-old Michael is coming to terms with his recent news.
7月4日那天 我去了…
Fourth of July,it was.I’d been on a…
7月4日 两个月前?
So,fourth of July,so two months ago?
对 两个月前 最近的事
Two months ago,yep.Really recent.
我用了一个约会app
I was on a dating app.
使用这些软件 经常会有讯息跳出来
Now,while you’re on it,you always get messages popping up
提醒你要做艾滋病检验或性病检验
saying to you,HIV tests,STI tests and things like that.
我心想艾滋病检测 我可以去做 该做的就做
And I thought,”HIV test,I’ll get it done,tick it off my list.
没什么好担心的
“Nothing to worry about.”
我其实没有太担心
I was actually quite blase with it,
觉得一定是阴性的
assuming it was going to be negative.
我去了 有位先生把报告交给我 跟我说
I went in and the gentleman that was passing me my results says to me,
“报告出炉了 你的艾滋检验呈阳性”
“We’ve got your results back,and they are HIV positive.”
这大概是你能听到最糟糕
Yeah,it’s probably the worst words that you can hear
最糟糕的噩耗
getting told to you.
我整个人呆掉了 完全惊呆
I just went numb.Completely numb.
无法思考 无法感觉
I had no thought,I had no feeling.
脑袋什么都没有 一片空白
There was nothing.Pure blankness.
对我来说 就像领到了死亡证书
As far as I was concerned,that was my death certificate written for me.
真的吗 -我的认知就是这样
Really?That was as much as I knew.
你感染艾滋病毒 最后会演变成艾滋病 而且很遗憾没有解药
You get HIV,it develops into AIDS,and unfortunately there’s no cure.
毕竟我还在消化这个消息
Obviously,cos I was crying,trying to take it in,
他告诉我 这不表示我要死了
he told me this does not mean that I’m going to die.
不会发展成艾滋病 它不会再发展了
It won’t develop into AIDS because it doesn’t happen any more.
最糟糕的状况 可能是一天要服两次药
Worst-case scenario what will happen is I’ll be on two meds a day.
在我的余生中 每天都要吃两颗药
Two tablets that I’ll need to take for the rest of my life.
现代医药史上 很少神奇的药物 但这个确实是
There are very few miracle drugs in modern medicine,but this really is,
我会说它是神奇药丸
I would describe it as,a miracle drug.
我们总是说 这不是解药
We always say,”This isn’t a cure.
你没被治愈 身上还有艾滋病毒
“You’re not cured.You still have HIV.”
所以要是你停止服药
So if you ever stop taking these,
你知道 病毒数量会卷土重来 大幅回升
you understand that the virus will come back.Bounce back.
但至今还是让我很惊讶的是
But kind of the astounding thing to me is still that,
如果你每天按时服药
if you do keep taking these every day at the same time,
你的平均寿命几乎不受影响
that your life expectancy is essentially unaffected.
好极了 -你有漏掉任何一天吗
Perfect.Have you missed a day?
没有 -一天都没有? -没有
Nope.Not a single one?Not a single one.
抗逆转滤病毒药物又称ARV
Anti-retroviral drugs,or ARVs,
能阻隔艾滋病毒里用来感染 免疫细胞的酵素
block the enzymes that HIV uses to infect immune cells.
这可阻止病毒继续复♥制♥ 让血液里的病毒数量
This stops the virus multiplying any further and brings HIV levels in the
几乎降到零
blood down to almost zero.
只要你持续服药
As long as you keep taking the pills.
为期两个月治疗后
Today,two months after starting treatment,
今天迈克尔会知道
Michael is going to find out
自己体内到底还存在多少病毒
how much virus is still present in his body,
医生称之为病毒载量
what doctors call his viral load.
谢谢 我们来看一下结果
Thank you.We’ll look at some of your results.
我想 您接受HIV治疗已好几周了
It’s been a few weeks now,I think,since you started treatment for HIV.
说说你有什么感受
Tell me how that has gone for you.
真的很好 其实… -很高兴听到你这么说
Really well,actually.That’s really good to hear.
如您所知 我原本很担心有副作用
As you are aware,I was really concerned about side effects.
嗯 我没有 绝对没有
Mm-hm.I’ve had none,absolutely none.
您还想知道什么? -我的病毒载量
What else would you want to know about this?My viral load.
你的病毒载量 我想你已注意到了 -这是我想知道的关键
Your viral load,I thought you’d be coming on to that.That is the key one that I want to know.
我见过病毒载量
So I’ve seen people whose viral loads
超过一百万的人
are more than a million copies,
这个数字是你体内病毒数量
and that number is the amount of virus that you have
每毫升血液(少于40 )
in every millilitre of your blood.
这个值是几周前才报告的
So this value was just reported a few weeks ago,
并且没有检测到这个值(核酸)
and this value is not detected.
实际上 我们已阻断了
Physically,we’ve switched off
病毒的自我复♥制♥
the virus making new copies of itself and
现在你的血液里没有任何可自我复♥制♥的
now there’s no copies in your blood at all.
我想要一份检测报告 复印吗?
I want a copy of that.A copy of that?
我想要黑白的 -我们会打印给你
I want that in black-and-white.We’ll print that out for you.
我要将结果装裱起来 我很惊讶治疗这么快
I can get that framed.I’m amazed it can happen so quick.
如何长♥期♥保持检测不出的状态呢?
How do I ensure that always stays non-detectable?
是的 病毒无法治愈
So,the virus is not cured.
是 是 你体内仍有病毒的副本 但它们都被
Yes.Yes.There are copies of the virus in your body,but they’re all
完全被抑制了
completely suppressed,
因为你在服药的原因
and the reason of that is that you’re taking your tablets.
还要澄清一下 就是…
And just to clarify as well,that’s…
我没有传染性
I am not infectious.
即使发生无保护的性♥爱♥ 也绝不会
There’s no way even with unprotected sex,if that happens,
也不会感染别人吗?
that I can infect somebody?
是的 如果你每天吃一粒药
So if you’re able to take your tablets,a pill every day,
就几乎没有将艾滋病传染给别人的风险
you’d have almost no risk of passing on HIV to anyone else.
我可以继续过平常生活
I can just get on with my normal life
几乎不会想到艾滋病毒
without actually having to think about HIV.
让我重新拥有人生
I’ve got my life back.
棒呆了
And it’s great.
迈可是幸运儿之一
Michael is one of the lucky ones.
但问题在于 你必须先被诊断出来
But the trouble is,you have to be diagnosed before you can benefit
才能享有神奇药物带来的好处
from the amazing treatments we now have.
几乎有八分之一的带原者
Nearly one in eight people who have the virus
不知道自己被感染
don’t know they are infected.
其中一人就是43岁的艾蒂
And one of them was 43-year-old Addie.
(我们必须把烤箱预热到摄氏260度)
SHE READS WITH SPEECH IMPAIRMENT
很好
Perfect.OK.
这对你来说是新事物对吗 对我也是
This one is new to you,isn’t it?
她并不知道自己感染艾滋病毒 直到衰竭的
It’s new to me as well.She had no idea she had HIV until a brain
免疫系统 造成脑部感染 让她行走困难 口齿不清
infection caused by her depleted immune system left her struggling to walk and talk.
脑部感染经常出现在
Brain infections are common in patients
多年来都未确诊的艾滋病毒带原者身上
where HIV has gone undiagnosed for many years.
你好 我来找艾蒂
Hi.I’m here to see Addie.
我来到位于东伦敦的米尔德梅医院
I’ve come to the Mildmay Hospital in East London,
他们专门协助艾蒂这类病患复健
where they specialise in rehabilitating patients like Addie.
你好 艾蒂 我是克里斯 克里斯医生
Hi,Addie,I’m Chris.Welcome,Chris.
你好吗? -很高兴见到你
How are you?Nice to meet you.
非常好 很高兴认识你 艾蒂 -我也很高兴
Very,very nice to meet you,Addie.Nice to meet you.
我能加入吗 艾蒂? -可以
Can I join in,Addie?Yeah,yeah,yeah.
可以吗? -可以
Is that all right?Yeah.Yeah,yeah.
幸会 -我们已经做完热身
We’ve done our warm-up now,Addie,
艾蒂 现在我们要去双杠区
so we might come across to the parallel bars.
我们要走到那边 好吗?
Oh,we’re going to walk over there,are we?
艾蒂正在服用抗逆转病毒药物 艾滋病毒已获得控制
Addie is now on ARVs and her HIV is under control,
但她的脑部损伤 永远无法复原
but the damage to her brain may never be fully reversed.
我必须看着脚的位置
你不能凭感觉?
You can’t just feel them?
不 不行
No,no.
值得一提的是 很明显
And it’s worth saying,it’s very obvious,
站在这里 能感觉到你的肌肉在收缩
simply standing here,I can feel your muscles flexing

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!