I’ll deal with you later.
过会儿找你算帐
I’m sorry, Paka.
抱歉, 爷爷
Have you gone deaf now?
你聋了吗?
Somebody just apologised to you.
刚才有人向你道歉了
You don’t mess around with sacred things!
别再胡闹了,这是神圣的事情!
She was just watching! She was using a taiaha!
她只是在看! 她在练习塔亚哈
Let the girl do it.
让她收拾
You might be the boss out there, bus I’m the boss of this kitchen.
在外面你是老大… 在厨房♥我说了算
I’ll do it.
我来收拾
You forgot something.
你忘东西了
Hey, it’s not too bad up here.
嘿,在这上面也不错
He’s got a lot of rules he had to live by.
他有许多原则必须遵守
It’s not fair.
这不公平
I know.
我知道…
But sometimes, you just got to let him think that he’s the boss.
但有时候你必须让他觉得 自己还能说了算
He is the boss. Well, not of me.
他是老大 哼,不是我的老大
I let him think he is, though.
我只是让他觉得自己是
What’s wrong with me, Nanny?
我怎么了, 奶奶?
Nothing’s wrong with you, you hear me?
你没什么不对的地方,听到吗?
You got the blood of Muriwai in your veins, girl.
你血管里流的是穆里怀的血液
Think she’d be proud of you saying things like that?
说这样的话,你觉得她会为你骄傲吗?
And anyway, that old Paka’s not the only one who knows some tricks.
并不是只有那老家伙才会那些本事
Hey?
嗯?
Well, you wouldn’t know it now, but before he got fat and ugly,
你现在还不能明白 你叔叔拉维里变得又肥又丑之前…
your Uncle Rawiri was a bit of a hot shot with the taiaha.
可是个摆弄塔亚哈的高手
True? Won a trophy and everything.
真的吗? 他还得过奖呢
Oh, you should’ve seen him.
可惜你没看见过
He was beautiful.
他真是棒极了
What happened?
后来怎么了?
Oh, I don’t know.
不知道
He was the second son.
他不是长子
But he knows some things, your Uncle Rawiri.
但你的叔叔拉维里他很有些本事
Don’t you worry about that.
别担心
Is Uncle here? Out the back.
叔叔在吗? 在后面
Come on!
来吧!
Hi.

Damn, girl! What did I tell you about sneaking up on us?
该死,我没告诉你不要鬼鬼祟祟的吗?
I found this.
我找到这个
I didn’t know you played golf.
我还不知道你玩高尔夫球呢
Not golf, taiaha.
不是高尔夫,是塔亚哈
Yeah, well, this guy’s playing golf.
嗯,是的,这家伙在玩高尔夫
They cut the end off the golf stick,
他们把高尔夫球杆的前面削掉…
swing it around and push it through there.
转一圈,从这里穿过去
Hey, shut up! I was good.
嘿,闭嘴!很好
That’s why you’re here while your father
就因为这,你才闲坐在这儿…
tells snotty-nosed kids how to be chief.
而你老爸却在不辞辛苦得教 那些还在淌鼻涕的孩子如何做酋长
Poor little bastards, eh?
可怜的小混♥蛋♥
Could you teach me?
你能教我吗?
Hold up.
等等
This was a long time ago.
那是很久以前的事情了
So?
那?
Please.
求你了?
Does Koro know about this?
柯洛知道吗?
No.

Well, let’s get it on, then, eh?
那我们现在开始吧?
Yes!
好!
You mean this?
是这个吗?
It’s a broom, isn’t it?
这是扫帚,不是吗?
Whoo-hoo.
耶嘿! 唔呼!
Morning, Dad.
早上好,爸爸
Hey, there goes that little girl Pai.
嘿,那个校女孩派来了!
Go, little girl. Here.
冲啊,冲!
Come on, get him, Pai.
打倒他, 派!
Come on.
冲!
Go, Pai!
上 派!
Get him, girl.
打倒他,孩子!
When you extend your tongue…
当你伸出舌头的时候…
…you’re saying to your enemies…
你是在向敌人表示…
…”I’m gonna eat you… your eyes will roll back…
“我要吃了你 你的眼珠会满地乱滚
“…your head will be stuck on the end of my stick.”
你的头会挑在我的棍尖上
Feel the ihi…
感觉一下这种…
…the power.
力量
Make them feel the wehi… the fear.
让他们感到恐惧
I want the hairs on the backs of their necks to stand up.
我要让他们觉得毛骨悚然
Take off your shirts.
脱掉你们的衣服
KUTERE!
[切割机]
When you slap your chests…
我希望你们拍打胸脯的时候…
…I want you to slap them hard.
要用力打 叭!叭!
Scratch them, make them bleed.
用力打,打出血来
Timita.
提码塔
Good, Hemi. Good.
很好, 海米 很好
It’s not just your fathers that are watching you today.
今天不仅仅是你的父亲在看着你
All these ancestors are watching too.
所有的祖先都在看着
This is my dad.
这是我爸爸
Come to see your boy?
来看你儿子?
Yeah.
是的
Good.
很好
Hemi, you first.
海米, 你第一个
Ha!
哈!哈!
Girl, where’s that school?
孩子,学校在哪儿?
Over there.
那边
Thought you’d stay for the whole thing.
我还以为你会看到结束
I seen your bit, didn’t I?
已经看过你的表演了,不是吗?
Come and meet my mates.
来见见我的伙计们 – 嘿 – 嘿
Here’s my boy.
这是我儿子
Say hello. Hello.
嘿 问他们好 你们好
Better watch out for this one.
小心看招
Did alright in there, eh?
你在那儿很好,是吗?
See you later.
回头见
Tonight?
今晚?
Next couple of days maybe.
也许过几天
Jump in, boy.
跳进去,孩子
We’re out of here.
我们走了
Get lost, you.
走开
Was that your dad?
那是你♥爸♥爸吗?
Get lost.
滚开
What have you done?
你做什么了?
Answer me.
回答我
It wasn’t her fault.
不是她的错
Go wash your face.
去洗下脸
Answer me, Pai.
回答我, 派.
Do you know what you’ve done?
你知道你做了什么吗?
No.

You’ve broken the tapu of this school, on this marae.
你犯了学校的禁忌…
The one place where our old ways are upheld.
在这维护我们传统的地方
The knowledge that’s been passed down from your ancestors,
我们先辈传下来的技能–
from my grandfather to me to those boys.
我祖父传给我, 我传给这些孩子–
It’s broken!
被你破坏了!
I’m sorry, Paka.
抱歉,爷爷
You’re not sorry.
你没有感到抱歉
Right from the beginning, you knew this wasn’t for you.
从一开始,你就知道这些不是你该做的…
But you keep coming back.
但你一直没有停止
Do you want me to fail? No.
你想让我失败吗? 不是
You want these boys to fail?
你想这些孩子失败吗?
What have you got to say to them?
你要对他们说什么?
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
Say it again. I’m sorry.
再说一遍 我很抱歉
Say it so you mean it!
接着说,直到你诚心诚意!
Say it!
说!
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!