The Loneliest Prawn.
《最孤独的明虾》找到了一家出版商
Stand up, Susan.
请起立 苏珊
Now, this next one is, I think, very exciting to announce…
现在 公布下一个 我想这是非常令人激动的
because it concerns a student here at the university.
因为他是我们大学的一名学生
Our own James Leer…
我们自己的詹姆斯·李尔
sophomore in English Literature…
是英语文学系的一名二年级学生
has found a publisher for his first novel…
他为他的第一部小说找到了一家出版商
which I believe is called, “The Lovely Parade.”
书的名字我想是叫做 《可爱的巡礼》
Love Parade. Love Parade.
爱的巡礼 爱的巡礼
James? Stand up. Go on.
詹姆斯 站起来 快啊
He’s a real alien probe, if you know what I mean.
他是个真正的外星探测火箭 如果你知道我说什么的话
Take a bow, James!
鞠个躬 詹姆斯
Wonder boy.
奇迹小子
And finally, and perhaps not least importantly…
最后 也不一定就是最不重要
Terry Crabtree of Bartizan has alsodecided to publish my own book…
巴提赞出版社的特里·克拉伯雷也决定出版我的一本书
a critical exploration of the union of Joe DiMaggio…
它是对乔·迪马吉奥和
and Marilyn Monroe…
玛丽莲·梦露的结合
and its function in American mythopoetics…
及其在美国神话中发挥的作用的一次重大探索
which, tentatively, I have entitled…
暂时吧 我把这本书命名为
The Last American Marriage.
《最后的美国婚姻》
So, until next year, thank you, everyone.
那么 明年再见了谢谢各位
Grady, I took another look…
格雷迪 前几天晚上
at The Arsonist’s Daughter the other night.
我又看了一遍《纵火犯的女儿》
That description of the bald cypress left me breathless.
那段关于光秃的柏树的描写♥真♥是让我凝神屏息
Thanks, Q.I appreciate that.
谢谢 承蒙夸奖
Sara!
萨拉
Yo, Traxler.
嘿 崔克斯勒
Hey, Prof. Tripp.
嗨 崔普教授
You get high, Sam? Only when I’m workin’.
很兴奋吗 山姆 只有工作的时候才会
Holy shit.
见他个大头鬼
Are you serious?
你没开玩笑吧
Careful there,Prof. Tripp.
当心 崔普教授
Whoa.

I didn’t fall.
我没有掉下去
Not then, not ever again.
当时没有 也再不会了
Once the Monongahela River swallowed my never-ending opus…
一旦莫农加希拉河吞没了我那永无完结的作品
there were no more spells.
就再也没有魔力了
James Leer didn’t get expelled or go to jail…
詹姆斯·李尔既没有被退学也没有进监狱
thanks to Crabtree’s wheeling and dealing.
这要感谢克拉伯雷耍的手段
But he quit anyway, went to New York…
不过他还是没再接着读下去 而是去了纽约
to rework his novel for publication.
为他的小说的出版继续工作
Hannah Green has decided to take a position as a junior editor…
汉娜·格林在毕业后
when she graduates.
接受了一份初级编辑的工作
And Crabtree, well, Crabtree’s gone right on being Crabtree.
克拉伯雷嘛 啊 他还在快快乐乐的当那个克拉伯雷
As for me, I lost everything.
至于我 我失去了一切
my wife, my book, my job…
我的妻子 我的书 我的工作
everything that I thought was important.
所有我认为重要的东西
But I finally knew where I wanted to go.
可是我终于知道目标所在了
And now I had someone to help me get there.
而且一路上有人在帮我
♪ A worried man with a worried mind ♪
♪ 幽幽的心绪 ♪
♪ No one in front of me and nothin’ behind ♪
♪ 寂寥的身影 ♪
♪ There’s a woman on my lap and she’s drinkin’ champagne ♪
♪ 美人坐于膝头 径自啜饮琼浆 ♪
♪ Got white skin Got assassin’s eyes ♪
♪ 肌肤恰似白雪 目媚勾人魂魄 ♪
♪ I’m looking up into the sapphire-tinted skies ♪
♪ 然我举头仰望苍穹 ♪
♪ I’m well dressed Waitin’ on the last train ♪
♪ 衣冠楚楚的我 在最后一班列车守候 ♪
♪ Standin’ on the gallows with my head in the noose ♪
♪ 心如刀绞 命悬一线 ♪
♪ Any minute now I’m expecting all hell to break loose ♪
♪ 我所期望的只是处之泰然 ♪
♪ People are crazy and times are strange ♪
♪ 人心不古 世易时移 ♪
♪ I’m locked in tight I’m out of range ♪
♪ 命运的枷锁紧锁我身 命运的烙印铭刻我心 ♪
♪ I used to care but things have changed ♪
♪ 我曾经在乎一切 可是已时过境迁 ♪
♪ And it’s time to go ♪
♪ 又到了离去的时候 ♪
♪ I need your love so bad ♪
♪ 我却对你的爱如此渴求 ♪
♪ I really love to watch them roll. ♪
♪ 我真的很喜欢看他们打滚 ♪
♪ No longer ridingon the merry-go-round. ♪
♪ 不再在旋转木马上嬉戏 ♪
♪ I really love to watch them roll ♪
♪ 我真的很喜欢看他们打滚 ♪
♪ No longer riding on the merry-go-round ♪
♪ 不再在旋转木马上嬉戏 ♪
♪ I just had to let it go ♪
♪ 撒手吧 ♪
♪ I just had to let it go ♪
♪ 撒手吧 ♪
♪ Good mornin’ ♪
♪ 早晨好 ♪
♪ We’ve danced the whole night through ♪
♪ 昨夜跳舞不止 ♪
♪ Good mornin’ Good mornin’ to you ♪
♪ 又是一日早晨好 ♪
♪ Good mornin’ Good mornin’ ♪
♪ 早晨好 早晨好 ♪
♪ It’s great to stay up late Good mornin’ ♪
♪ 绝妙深夜清晨美 ♪
♪ To say good night So good mornin’ ♪
♪ 晚安好 早上好 ♪
♪ Good mornin’ Sunbeams will soon smile through ♪
♪ 欢乐就在清晨 ♪
♪ Old man look at my life ♪
♪ 老人注视我 ♪
♪ I’m a lot like you were ♪
♪ 仿佛在看自己 ♪
♪ Old man look at my life ♪
♪ 老人注视我 ♪
♪ I’m a lot like you were ♪
♪ 仿佛在看自己 ♪
♪ Old man look at my life ♪
♪ 老人注视我 ♪
♪ Twenty-four and there’s so much more ♪
♪ 岁月静静流淌 ♪
♪ Live alone in a paradise ♪
♪ 极乐之土 ♪
♪ That makes me think of two ♪
♪ 缘何我们 ♪
♪ Love lost such a cost ♪
♪ 形单影只 ♪
♪ Give me things that don’t get lost ♪
♪ 指引迷失的我 ♪
♪ Like a coin that won’t get tossed ♪
♪ 勿须繁多 ♪
♪ Rolling home to you ♪
♪ 我的爱已回家 ♪
♪ Down on the highway ♪
♪ 远离嘈杂的大路 ♪
♪ Is a byway ♪
♪ 来到幽静的小道 ♪
♪ All alone ♪
♪ 无人在侧 ♪
♪ More than glad to be unhappy ♪
♪ 心绪杂乱如麻 ♪
♪ Unrequited love’s a bore ♪
♪ 付出的爱没有回音 ♪
♪ Shadows are fallin’ ♪
♪ 时间一分一秒 ♪
♪ And I’ve been here all day ♪
♪ 我悄然不知 ♪
♪ Feel like my soul has turned into steel ♪
♪ 身体逐渐冰冷 ♪
♪ I’ve still got the scars that the sun didn’t heal ♪
♪ 烈日炙烤伤痛 ♪
♪ There’s not even room enough ♪
♪ 却没有可以 ♪
♪ To be anywhere ♪
♪ 停留之处 ♪
♪ It’s not dark yet ♪
♪ 黑夜未临 ♪
♪ But it’s gettin’ there ♪
♪ 愁绪已满心头 ♪
♪ A worried man with a worried mind ♪
♪ 幽幽的心绪 ♪
♪ No one in front of me and nothin’ behind ♪
♪ 寂寥的身影 ♪
♪ There’s a woman on my lap and she’s drinkin’ champagne ♪
♪ 美人坐于膝头 径自啜饮琼浆 ♪
♪ Got white skin Got assassin’s eyes ♪
♪ 肌肤恰似白雪 目媚勾人魂魄 ♪
♪ I’m lookin’ up into the sapphire-tinted skies ♪
♪ 然我举头仰望苍穹 ♪
♪ I’m well dressed Waitin’ on the last train ♪
♪ 衣冠楚楚的我 在最后一班列车守候 ♪
♪ Standin’ on the gallows with my head in a noose ♪
♪ 心如刀绞 命悬一线 ♪
♪ Any minute now I’m expecting all hell to break loose ♪
♪ 我所期望的只是处之泰然 ♪
♪ People are crazy and times are strange ♪
♪ 人心不古 世易时移 ♪
♪ I’m locked in tight I’m out of range ♪
♪ 命运的枷锁紧锁我身 命运的烙印铭刻我心 ♪
♪ I used to care but things have changed ♪
♪ 我曾经在乎一切 可是已时过境迁 ♪
♪ This place ain’t doing me any good ♪
♪ 此处不值留恋 ♪
♪ I’m in the wrong town I should be in Hollywood ♪
♪ 悔恨当初 应赴锦城 ♪
♪ Just for a second there I thought I saw something move ♪
♪ 华丽的世界我急切拥抱 ♪
♪ Gonna take dancing lessons Do the jitterbug rag ♪
♪ 想做舞台的主角 ♪
♪ Ain’t no shortcuts Gonna dress in drag ♪
♪ 惟有千锤百炼 ♪
♪ Only a fool in here would think he’s got anything to prove ♪
♪ 遮蔽的双眼终归不知 ♪
♪ Lot of water under the bridge ♪
♪ 落花为何随流水 ♪
♪ Lot of other stuff too ♪
♪ 流水有冇恋落花 ♪
♪ Don’t get up, gentlemen I’m only passin’ through ♪
♪ 沧海和桑田 我自行走 ♪
♪ People are crazy and times are strange ♪
♪ 人心不古 世易时移 ♪
♪ I’m locked in tight I’m out of range ♪
♪ 命运的枷锁紧锁我身 命运的烙印铭刻我心 ♪
♪ I used to care but things have changed ♪
♪ 我曾经在乎一切 可是已时过境迁 ♪
♪ I’ve been walkin’ 40 miles of bad road ♪
♪ 远山涉水 苦苦寻觅 ♪
♪ If the Bible is right the world will explode
♪ 浩渺苍生有几度轮回 ♪
♪ I’ve been trying to get as far away from myself as I can ♪
♪ 竭尽全力扯断那牵绊 ♪
♪ Some things are too hot to touch ♪
♪ 前方尽是荆棘 依旧一往无前 ♪
♪ The human mind can only stand so much ♪
♪ 我疲惫不堪 ♪
♪ You can’t win with a losing hand ♪
♪ 此生注定坎坷 ♪
♪ Feel like falling in love with the first woman I meet ♪
♪ 盼能与佳人 ♪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!