Anyone you know?
什么
What?
驳船佬 认识他们吗
The bargemen. Did you know them?
认识其中一个
I knew one of them.
上过法庭听大案吗
You have been in a trial?
没有 你呢
No. You?
没有 也没兴趣
No, I don’t want to, either.
我倒想听听这个
I was thinking I might go along to it.
看看是怎么回事
Just to see what it like, you know.
铅笔
Pencils?
可怜一下老兵
Give me small something.
铅笔
Pencils?
你会怎样形容你和死者的关系
How do you describe your relationship with the deceased?
我们是同屋
We were flat mate.
但我最近才搬进去的
But I don’t know I recently moved in so…
我认为我们是友善多过是朋友
We were friendly rather than friends.
你对她和被告的关系有什么认识
And what do you know her relationship with the accused?
他们是在被告来修水管时相识的
I think she met him when he came to fix plumbing in the flat.
一面之缘 不能说对他有什么意见
I only saw him once, so couldn’t form an opinion.
但我知道她寂寞
But I know she was lonely.
她上一个男友最近去了中国
Her last boyfriend recently has gone to China.
谢谢 没问题了
Thank you.
祖 若你有钱的话
You should have been rich, Joe.
我们可能会成事
Then it might have been.
我爱过你
I loved you.
你会写信给我吗
Will you write to me?
到中国后我写信给你
I’ll send you a letter from China.
你不是去中国
You are not going to China.
我可能会去
May be I am.
对不起 我
I’m sorry.
说什么对不起
What are you sorry about?
事情就这样
It happened.
我们的情缘尽了
We ran our course.
祖 再见
Goodbye, Joe.
你干吗
What you do that for?
没用了
I’ve no use for that.
总有点价值嘛
Must be worth something, no?
对我没有
Not to me.
对 肯定是他
I definitely saw him with her.
那样的脸我一眼便认得
I recognize his face.
那种事情我一眼便看出来
I could I see out, you know
谢谢
Thank you.
再没其他问题
No further questions.
我想传下一位证人古李斯先生
I’d like to call Mr. Leslie Gold.
请你形容一下
Can you please describe for us the circumstances
你是怎样找到死者的尸体
under which you found the body of the deceased?
我们在等煤送来
We were with a cargo of coal to be delivered
我看见尸体浮在水面 便和祖把它捞起
and I saw a body bloating by and I fished it out, with Joe.

Joe?
我的同事
My mate.
明白
I see.
你把丁小姐从水里捞出来时
Was Miss Dimly dead when you…
她是否己经死亡
fished her out of the water?
她已经死了
Yes, she was dead already.
谢谢 没其他问题了
Thank you. No further questions.
法官大人 我没问题了
We have no further questions.
谢谢 你可以走了
Thank you, you may step down.

So?
你认为他有罪吗
You think he’s guilty?
他们还未确定是谋杀
The murder is not proved yet.
什么意思
What do you mean?
他们没有证实是谋杀
They didn’t prove that it was.
但他们知道
They know that.
女人不会无故脱衣服
Women don’t get undressed for nothing.
那不是问题 她跟人做过爱吧
That’s not the point. So she had sex?
等着瞧吧
You’ll see.
他肯定被判绞刑
They’ll hang him.
可怜虫啊
Poor beggar.
经化验死者鞋上的指纹
According to the examination of the deceased’s shoes,
证实它们与被告的吻合
it was found that they matched exactly those of the accused.
此外 她指甲下的纤维
Also the fibers found on her finger nails
也跟被告恤衫的完全吻合
exactly matched the material of the accuser’s shirt.
肯定不会出错吗
There could be no mistakes.
出错的机会
The chances that they could belong to anyone else
是零
are practically none
加上死者曾有性行为的证据
with the evidence of sexual activities
和轻微擦伤
and the main of reason
我认为有足够证据指出
in my opinion there is overwhelming evidence
被告与死者在她死亡前
that the deceased had intimate contact with the accused
曾有亲密的接触
very shortly before her death.
反对 这些意见该由陪审团表达
Objection. These facts do not have any relevance for the jury.
反对无效
Overruled.
我发誓我没跟她一起 我没去过河边
I wasn’t with her then. I swear I never went near the river.
肃静
Silence! Silence! Keep order.
高先生 回答问题就可以了
Just answer the question, Mr. Gordon.
请问问题是什么
What was the question, sir?
你脱下死者的衣服后做过什么
What did you do after removing the deceased’s clothes?
我从来没脱过她的衣服
I never took her clothes off.
我只跟她去散过步
We just went for a walk together.
那你承认跟她一起
You were with her.
不 那天没有
No, not then.
我明白了
I see.
你知道死者怀孕了吗
Were you aware that the deceased was pregnant?
不知道
No.
不 不是我
No, it wasn’t me. No.
我不会
I wouldn’t
我没有
I didn’t.
-你知道她怀孕 -不知道
-You new she was pregnant? -No.
你计划在你太太揭穿秘密前杀死她
You planed to get rid of her before your wife discovers your dark secret.

No.
她因你是技工才邀你上她家
She invited you to her house as a tradesman.
她信任你的技工身份
She trusted you as a tradesman man.
而你背弃了她对你的信任
You abused this position of trust.
她寂寞 你乘虚而入
You preyed on her loneliness.
丁凯西死时 只有我在场
I alone was with Catherine Dimly at the time she died.
她的溺毙是意外 不是谋杀
The drowning was accidental. There was no murder.
我不能作证
I cannot identify myself without
我不想得到高的下场
the risk of finding myself in the same shoes as Mr. Gordon.
意外发生后我没报♥警♥ 那是我的错
I made a mistake of not reporting the accident at the time
为此我感到内疚
and I have that on my conscience.
高先生是清白的
If you condemn Mr. Gordon, you’ll be condemning an innocent man.
各位 请问谁是发言人
Ladies and gentlemen, who speaks for you?
你们达成了裁决没有
Have you reached a verdict?
-达成了 -那裁决是
-Yes. -What is your verdict?
我们裁定被告有罪
We find the accused guilty as charged.
是一致或多数意见
Is your verdict unanimous or by majority?
一致
Unanimous.
请被告起立
Would the accused please stand.
高先生 宣判前你有话要说吗
Mr. Gordon, do you have anything to say before the sentence is passed?
我发誓我是无辜的
I swear to god I’m innocent.
丹尼 你闯大祸了
Daniel, you got it.
-肃静 -孩子怎么办
-Silence! -You thought about the child?
肃静 否则我清场
Silence! Now clear the court.
你被控谋杀丁凯西小姐
M. Daniel Gordon, you have been found guilty
罪名成立
of the murder of Ms Catherine Dimly.
本席经考虑案件的一切因素后
After taking in considerations,
认为必须判处
and the circumstances of this case I have no choice
最高刑罚
but to impose the maximum penalty.
本席现宣判你接受绞刑处死
I therefore sentence you to be hang by the neck until you are dead.
愿主怜悯你的灵魂
May God have mercy on your soul.
带走犯人

1
2
3
4
5
6
前一篇文章乱世佳人(1939)
下一篇文章风吹麦浪
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!