Oh me, oh my!
我的天
Look at that fish!
瞧瞧那条鱼
Unbelievable.
不敢相信
At that moment, I knew, surely and clearly…
那时我很清楚地了解
that I was witnessing perfection.
我正在求证完美
You… You are a fine fisherman.
你… 你是个钓鱼大♥师♥
Only need three more years before I can think like a fish.
只要再过3年 我就能了解鱼是什么想法
You’re already thinking like a dead stonefly.
你已经了解石蚊是怎么想的了
Picture. Mother’s pictures.
照相 妈妈要相片
Hurry up. One. Two.
快点 1 2
My brother stood before us,
我弟弟在我们面前站着
not on a bank of the Big Blackfoot River…
不是站在大黑脚河的岸上
but suspended above the earth…
他是飘游在大地之上
free from all its laws, like a work of art.
不受任何牵制 像件艺术品
And I knew just as surely and just as clearly…
我也很清楚并确信地了解到
that life is not a work of art…
生命不是完美的
and that the moment could not last.
这时刻不能永久停留
And so when the police sergeant awakened me one morning…
所以在杰茜和我去芝加哥的前一天
just before Jessie and I left for Chicago…
当警官在早上叫醒我时
I rose and asked no questions.
我沉默地起了床
He drove me back home, down the length of the river…
他沿着河旁的路载我回家
so that I could tell my father and mother…
我跟父母亲说
that Paul had been beaten to death by the butt of a revolver…
保罗被人用枪柄给打死了
and his body dumped in an alley.
尸体被丢在小巷子里
Is there anything else you can tell me?
你还有没有其他的消息?
Nearly all the bones in his hand were broken.
他的手骨被打断
Which hand?
哪一只手?
His right hand.
右手
As time passed,
时光流逝
my father struggled for more to hold on to…
这以后父亲需要更多的力量来支持自己
asking me again and again, had I told him everything?
他不断地问我是否告诉他了全部情形
And finally, I said to him…
我终于对他说
“Maybe all I really know about Paul…
也许我只知道保罗
is that he was a fine fisherman.”
是个钓鱼高手
“You know more than that, ” my father said.
父亲说 他不只是那样
“He was beautiful.”
他是完美的
And that was the last time we ever spoke of my brother’s death.
那是最后一次他提起保罗
Indirectly, though, Paul was always present in my father’s thoughts.
但是这事一直间接影响到父亲
I remember the last sermon I heard him give,
我记得最后一次听他说教
not long before his own death.
是在他去世不久前
Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives…
如果这里每人能够至少有一次
look upon a loved one in need and ask the same question.
去看一个需要帮忙的亲友 问他这个问题
“We are willing to help, Lord
我们愿意来帮忙 上帝
but what, if anything, is needed? ”
但是如果我们有缺失呢?
For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us.
虽然我们常不能帮助周围的人
Either we don’t know what part of ourselves to give or…
因我们不知道自己能奉献什么
more often than not, the part we have to give…
或是不知道必须要奉献什么
is not wanted.
他拒绝别人帮忙
And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us.
那些最亲近我们的人 通常是我们最摸不透的
But we can still love them.
但是我们仍然可以爱他
We can love completely without complete understanding.
我们可以全心全意去爱我们不了解的人
Now, nearly all those I loved…
现在几乎所有我年轻时爱过
and did not understand in my youth are dead…
但不完全了解的人都死了
even Jessie.
包括杰茜
But I still reach out to them.
但是我仍然向他们伸出我的手
Of course, now I’m too old to be much of a fisherman.
当然我现在老了不再很会钓鱼
And now I usually fish the big waters alone…
我通常单独地在大河里钓鱼
although some friends think I shouldn’t.
尽管有些朋友认为我不应该那么做
But when I am alone in the Half-light of the canyon…
但是当我单独在山谷的阴影下
all existence seems to fade to a being with my soul and memories…
周围环境完全溶入我的心灵和回忆时
and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm…
大黑脚河的水声和4拍钓鱼法
and the hope that a fish will rise.
以及钓大鱼的希望
Eventually, all things merge into one…
最后 所有的事情融合为一
and a river runs through it.
成为流淌着的大河
The river was cut by the world’s great flood
古时候的大洪水创造出河流
and runs over rocks from the basement of time.
河水冲刷着古老的岩石
And some of the rocks are timeless raindrops.
有些石头上有不老的雨水
Under the rocks are the words…
在石头下有字
and some of the words are theirs.
有些字是他们所拥有的
I am haunted by waters.
我产生了一种大河恋

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!