They send trains down here all the time, you know, without a schedule.
随时会有火车 不定时的
You’re not, uh…
你不会是…
I don’t think they can see us in here.
他们看不到我们在这里
Well, thanks for the flight.
谢谢载我一程
You know, you’re funny.
你真有趣
Oh? How am I funny?
怎么有趣?
You, uh…You don’t like my brother, do you?
你不喜欢我哥哥 对不对
No, I do not like your brother.
对 我不喜欢你哥哥
Look, I don’t know any card tricks, Jess…
我不会耍花招
but I like you.
但是我喜欢你
And I wanna see you again.
我要再见到你
Hello, Jess.
你好 杰茜
Hey, Paul.
保罗
How’s your brother?
你哥哥好吗
You, uh… You both left him alone.
你们俩都不管他
Well, I’m sorry about that. That was my fault.
对不起 我的错
Well, you’re not forgiven.
我不原谅你
Was Norman forgiven?
你原谅诺曼吗
Norman’s not funny.
他没趣儿
And I hung fresh towels on the washstand for you.
我准备了干净的毛巾
Won’t you remember to powder my toothbrush, Mother?
不要忘了提醒我刷牙
Oh! Now let Paul tell his latest story.
让保罗说他最新的新闻
Oh, yes, which one?
哪一个?
The murder, the wreck or the fire?
谋杀案 失事还是火灾?
I think they should put you on church beat.
你应该回来上教堂
I agree, I agree.
我同意
“The Reverend Maclean had quite a nice roast while dining with his family. ”
麦克雷牧师和家人吃了一顿很好的晚餐
“All except for the poor elder son…
除了他可怜的长子
enjoyed it immensely. ”
都吃的很愉快
Norman, what’s the matter?
诺曼 你怎么了?
He’s not funny
他没趣儿
Pardon me? He’s not funny.
什么 他没趣儿
Uh, well, there are more important accomplishments, Norman.
他有更重要的成就
Mm-hm. It’s all right if you’re dull, Norman.
没趣一点也没关系
No! We’re very proud of you.
我们以你为荣
Well, I do have one story. No murder, no mayhem.
我倒是真有个新闻 不是凶杀伤人之类的
I interviewed the President.
我访问了总统
Calvin Coolidge?
加尔文·库洛基?
The President? Mr. Coolidge?
总统? 总统先生?
Yeah Calvin Coolidge When?
对 是他 什么时候?
A few days ago. He was in Dakotafly-fishing.
几天前 他在达科塔州用假蝇钓鱼
Fly-fishing!
假蝇钓鱼
Fly-fishing in a suit and tie, white gloves and patent leather shoes.
西装革履 戴着白手套钓鱼
So I asked him. I went right up to him. ”
所以我要问他 就直接走过去
I said “Excuse me, sir, can you tell me what they’re biting on?
我说 打扰了先生 这里鱼爱吃什么
He turns around, looks at me, and says “The end of my line. ”
他转身看着我 说 我的鱼饵
What? The end of my line.
什么 我的鱼饵
Then a bunch of the locals came running over…
然后当地的一帮人来了
tied on some new-fangled fly the size of a chicken.
绑了一个烧鸡那么大的假蝇
Old Cal, he heaves it out there.
他抛线出去
Figured if he can’t catch a trout, by God, he’s gonna scare one to death.
即使钓不起一条 也能吓死一条
Did you get a picture? Oh, yeah. It’ll be in the Sunday paper.
有没有照相? 有 星期天会刊出来
“Closed Mouth Cal Communes With The Croppies. ”
总统没表情地和差劲的人在一起
Mother, that was amazing.
妈妈 真是好吃
Yeah, he usually only eats what he can hit on the road.
他通常乱吃一顿
That was funny.
那很好笑
You know, I do worry about you, Paul.
我真担心…
I think I’m gonna run over and…Hm? What?
我得走了 什么
What?
什么
Oh, I was just gonna say…
我的意思是…
I thought I’d go out and meet some of the old pals, being in town and all.
我要去见见老朋友 既然我来到镇上了
Don’t you wait up.
别等我了
I’m planning on eating the rest of this when nobody’s looking.
我会等没人的时候把剩菜吃完
I understand he’s changed the spelling of our name.
他改了我们的名字
“MacLean”, with a capital L.
麦克雷 大写的 “L”
Now everyone will think we’re Lowland Scots.
现在大家都知道 我们是平原上的苏格兰人
Howdy, Norman.
你好 诺曼
Hi, there, Mr. Sweeney.
你好 史威尼先生
Who do you know at the University of Chicago?
你在芝加哥大学认识谁?
Chicken in the car. The car won’t go.
“鸡加车” 芝加哥 哈哈…
That’s how you spell “Chi-ca-go “!
你就是那么拼 “芝-加-哥”的
Hath elsewhere it’s setting, and cometh from afar
自远方而来 到别处落脚
Not in entire forgetfulness, And not in utter nakedness
没有彻底的遗忘 也不是完全的坦诚
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
只有主的荣耀如同浮云泛起
From God, who is our home. ”
直至天上的归宿
Nothing can bring back the hour of splendour in the grass
虽然美妙的时光一去不返难觅踪影
Of glory in the flower; We will grieve not
我们不会叹息
Rather find strength in what remains behind;
要在剩下的时间中重获力量
In the primal sympathy Which having been must ever be;
用最深的怜惜 过去的不能再有
In the soothing thoughts that spring out of human suffering;
从人类的痛苦里迸发宽慰的思潮
In the faith that looks through death
可以看穿死亡的信仰
Thanks to the human heart by which we live
感谢使人活着的心
Thanks to its tenderness, its joys, its fears.
感谢它的柔软 兴奋和恐惧
To me, the meanest flower that blows
对于我 最有意义的花
Can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears.
可以使人痛哭流涕 无法自拔
Good luck, Son. We’ll be rooting for you.
祝你好运 孩子 我们会支持你的
There’s sandwiches in here for you.
这里面有三明治
It was one week exactly before I spoke to Jessie again.
我一个星期没和杰茜说话了
She called to tell me that Neal was going back to California…
她说尼欧要回加州
and that he would appreciate me seeing him off.
她要我去车站送他
We love you, we love you. Good luck.
我们爱你 祝你好运
Though I was surprised by the invitation,
虽然我对这个邀请很诧异
I asked only one question of Jessie.
我只问了一个问题
Did she want me to come?
是她要我来吗
And she answered yes.
她说是
I love you. Don’t forget to write!
我爱你 不要忘了写信
If he came back next summer, would you try and help him?
如果他明年夏天回来 你愿意帮助他吗
If he wanted me to, I would try.
如果他想 我愿意试试
Well, he’s not coming back.
他或许不回来
At least he’s got friends out there.
至少他那里有朋友
Who, Ronald Coleman?
谁 罗纳德·科尔曼?
Why is it the people who need the most help…
为何最需要被帮助的人
won’t take it?
都不愿被帮?
I don’t know, Jess.
我不知道 杰茜
God. I don’t… I don’t cry, Norman.
天啊 我不… 我不哭的
Can I show you something?
我可不可以让你看件东西?
Only if it’s something good.
好东西才看
Read.

So, what do you think?
有何感触?
What do I think? I think it’s the berries!
有何感触? 这真是太棒了
You do?
是吗
Yeah. To get away…Chicago…
远离这里 去芝加哥
God, it’s heaven!
如临天堂
Have you ever been?
你去过那儿吗
No, not anywhere.
没有 都没出外过
Helena!
去过海伦娜城
God, congratulations, Norman!
恭喜 诺曼
The truth is, I’m not sure I wanna leave.
说真的 我并不想走
Montana, why?
留在蒙大拿? 为什么
It’ll always be here.
它一直在这里
Not Montana.
不是蒙大拿
Then what?
那是什么
What?
是什么
I’m not sure I wanna leave you.
我不想离开你
What do they know? I’ve just come from there.
他们知道什么 我刚过来
I’m having my liquid lunch.
我正要喝一场
Watch it, Fred. I’m telling you, they’re after you.
小心 夫瑞 他们在找你
You’re all right if you’re out of work.
没工作羁绊你看起来才正常
Well, now.
有事?
Give us a couple of boilermakers, friend.
来杯威士忌加麦酒

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!