So, he quit.
我在想
l was wondering…
休史隆现在会不会被设计
if Hugh Sloan was being set up
变成约翰米契尔的代罪羔羊
now as a fall guy for John Mitchell.
你觉得呢
What do you think?
如果你们可以逮到约翰米契尔 那就太好了
lf you guys could get John Mitchell, that would be beautiful.
咖啡已经冷了
Coffee’s cold.
有没有证据证明 米契尔先生的助理
ls there any evidence that… any of Mr. Mitchell’s assistants…
有参与这个案子
were part of this?
我手上有所有的证据
l had all the evidence.
可是都被销毁了 我不知道是谁干的
lt was destroyed. l don’t know who destroyed it.
我想高登销毁了很多文件
-l think Gordon did a lot of shredding.
有明确的证据吗
-Hard evidence?
我不能证明
Well, l can’t say that it would positively prove
窃案是他们设计的
that they planned the break-in…
可是应该八♥九♥不离十
but it would come pretty close.
能告诉我任何事吗
Can you tell me anything
到底是谁拿了钱
anything about who got the money?
这方面我们找到几个消息来源 可是目前还没有进展
We have… had some help on this from a couple of sources…
这就算是形式上的确认了
and this is a way of confirming it.
我不想让你觉得
l don’t want you to feel that you’re in a position…
自己泄漏了姓名
where you have to disclose names.
我可以只问姓名缩写
l can just ask you initials…
这样的话你就不算是泄漏资讯
and then that way you’re not divulging any information.
我们有些头绪 不知道这样可不可以
We have some idea. Would that be all right?
这当中有姓M的吗
Was there an “M”?
你可以点头或摇头吗
Can you just nod either way?
涉入的层级很高吗
Did it go that high up?
L
L? “L”?
我不想再说了好吗
l don’t want to say any more, okay?
我很抱歉
l’m sorry. You said “L”…
你是说L吗 我被搞混了
or…l get confused.
我们可以确认之前的事情吗
Could we just go back for a second?
在六天之内 总共有六百万美金进帐
ln one six-day period, over $6 million came in.
你不会相信那个女人说的
You wouldn’t believe what was going on inside that woman.
她透露了很多事情
The stuff was just ready to pour out.
我续了好几杯的咖啡
l’m pouring down cups of coffee trying to get it out of her…
直到她把我赶出去
before she throws me out of the house.
-好 把笔记给我看 -这些就是我的笔记
-Give me your notes so—These are the notes.
-这些是你的笔记 -是的 记在餐巾纸跟火柴盒上
-These are the notes? -l’ve got stuff on napkins, matchbooks–
她去倒咖啡的时候 我躲在厕所写得
l’m writing on the back of them while she’s getting coffee.
-我是个走路的篮子 -你疯了
-l’m a walking litter basket! -You’re crazy.
你如果喝了二十杯咖啡 也会疯掉的
You’d be crazy, too, if you were operating on 20 cups of coffee.
给我可以写得东西
Could you give me something l can get down?
我有 统统都有
l got it. l got it all. Okay. Write.
-米契尔是主导人物 -等等
-Mitchell was in control. -Wait a minute.
-米契尔有手下 -几个人
-There were men working under Mitchell—How many?
我不知道
l don’t know how many,
可是米契尔的手下分到钱
but the men working under Mitchel received the money from the slush fund.
多少钱
Do we know how much money?
好几百万
We’re talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars.
这些人是钱的去向的关键
And these men are the key to what that money was used for.
那个女人简直是吓坏了
Boy, that woman was paranoid.
我开始怀疑涉入这个案子的层级有多高
At one point, l suddenly wondered how high up this thing goes…
后来被她影响
and her paranoia finally got to me.
我开始害怕电视台
l thought what we had was so hot,
随时可能来抢这条新闻
that any minute CBS or NBC… would come in and take the story away.
你们两个都疯了 她害怕的是约翰米契尔
You’re both paranoid.She’s afraid of John Mitchell,
而你害怕的是华特康凯 她说了些什么
you’re afraid of Walter Cronkite.-Can we go back to what she said?

-Right.
这里 L P跟M
Here. “L,” “P,” and “M.”
-什么意思 -L P跟M
-What do you mean? -lt’s “L,” “P,” and “M”.
-她只给我名字缩写 -缩写
-She’d only give initials. -lnitials?
就是米契尔手下的
The initials are the name of the men
名字缩写 L P跟M
that worked under Mitchell. “L,” “P,” and “M.”
没办法问到名字吗
You couldn’t get the names?
如果可以的话我早就问到了
lf l could’ve gotten the names,
我可是想尽办法问她话
l would’ve gotten the names! l’m with the woman, trying to get anything l can.
L P跟M
She said “L,” “P,” and “M,” that’s all she would give me…
这就是她说的 帮米契尔工作的人
are the people who worked under Mitchell.
她还有提到米契尔的事情
She said something about Mitchell.
-她恨他 -她说什么
She hates him.
她说 “如果你们可以逮到
She said, “John Mitchell….”lf you guys
约翰米契尔 那就太好了”
could get John Mitchell, that would be beautiful.”
这里写得是什么 你写了史隆什么
Wait a minute, what’s this here? What are you writing about Sloan?
-史隆负责委员会的财务 -他的老婆怎么了
“Sloan was the treasurer of the Committee to Re-Elect.
他的老婆怀孕了 叫他辞职
“His wife is pregnant and she made Sloan quit because apparently… ”
因为他不想牵涉其中
he no longer wanted to be a part of it.”
-我们得去找史隆 -好 记起来
We’ve got to go see Sloan.
-好 -现在我们得到什么资讯
Okay. Make a note of it. So, what have we got?
-什么 -火柴盒呢
Where’s that matchbook?
-这里 L P跟M -L P跟M
-Here. -“L,” “P,” and “M.” Okay, “L,” “P,” and “M.”
-可能是拉卢或是力迪 -是力迪
-“L” could be La Rue. lt could be Liddy. -“L” is Liddy.
-为什么 -她说的
-How do we know that? -Because she said it.
在这里 她说窃案发生的时候
Right here. She said, “At the time of the break-in…
钱四处散落
“there was so much money floating around…”
高登拿了很大一笔钱
that l know Gordon got part of it.”
所以我问她是不是高登力迪 她说是
So l said, “You mean Gordon Liddy?” She said, “Yes.”
-所以L是力迪 -对
So, “L” is Liddy. Okay, that leaves “P” and “M.”
-好 那就只剩下P跟M -P有可能是帕金森
“P” could be…
-也有可能是波特 有可能是ue4d1 -等一等
Parkinson. lt could be Porter. lt could be–
上礼拜我们跟一个人谈过
Wait a minute! There was a guy once. There was a guy we talked to last week.
他不是说有个叫巴特波特的人
Didn’t he say that there was a Bart Porter…
是委员会的成员之一吗
who at one time was a member of the Committee to Re-Elect?
波特被大陪审团传讯
Porter was called before the Grand Jury investigation.
P一定是波特 P有可能是波特
So “P” is definitely Porter. “P” could be Porter.
P是波特 L是力迪 剩下M
“P” is Porter, “L” is Liddy. All that leaves is “M”!
M有可能是麦可德
“M” could be McCord? That’s out.
也有可能是麦迪恩
lt could be Mardian.
也有可能是麦古德
lt could be…
我觉得应该是麦古德
Magruder! -l think it’s Magruder.
我也觉得是他
l think it’s Magruder, too. -Why do you think it’s Magruder?
-你为什么这么想 -他是米契尔之后位阶最高的人
Because he was second in command under Mitchell.
为什么你觉得是麦古德
Why do you think it’s Magruder?
因为他曾经
Because at one time he was a temporary head…
在米契尔之前 担任过委员会临时主席
of the Committee to Re-Elect, before Mitchell.
我们得让簿记员说出
l don’t want a cookie.
那个人是麦古德
We’ve got to get that bookkeeper to say it was Magruder.
我们没有提到M
Never get her to say anything about “M.”
回去想办法让她说出口
We have got to go back there and try to get her to say it.
如果我们可以找出人名 就可以知道
lf we could make names of the initials…
委员会付钱给那些窃贼
then we’ll know the people at CREEP who paid off the burglars.
至少知道钱被谁拿走
We’ll at least know who got the money.
大陪审团今天做出的弹劾
The indictments that came down from the Grand Jury today…
只有
stopped…
五个窃贼 杭特跟力迪而已
with the five burglars, Hunt and Liddy.
卡尔 我们得回去让簿记员
Carl, we have got to go back there and get that bookkeeper…
说出真正的名字 而不是缩写
to say who the names are and not initials.
她不会说的
She ain’t going to give it to you…
我跟她耗了六个小时
because l was with the woman for six hours.
-我们再试试看 -你得软硬兼施
-We have to try. -Then you’ll have to trick her, threaten her.
-她不会说的 -你知道我们应该怎么做吗
-She’s not going to do it. -Wait a minute.-You know what we could do?
做什么
-What?
-我们回去找她ue4d1 -嗯
-Listen, we go back there… -Yeah.
-然后你问她P代表谁 -好
-…and you ask her who “P” is. -Yeah.
然后我说”不 不 不”
And then l say, “No, don’t worry about it… ”
我们知道P是波特 我故意不说出来
we know ‘P’ is Porter.” l just bury it.
-等一下 我问她P是谁 -对
Okay. Now, wait a minute. l say to her, “Who is ‘P’?”
然后你跟我说
And then you say to me–
我说不对 我们已经知道P是波特
I say, “No, we know ‘P’ is Porter.”
-你想要钓她的话 -对

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
前一篇文章擒凶记
下一篇文章捉贼记
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!