-混♥蛋♥ 我们拿到资讯了 -不 我们没有
-Bullshit. We had it cold.-No, we didn’t.
-你为什么不说ue4d1 -你觉得那个混♥蛋♥会
-Why didn’t you say something? Do you think bitching about
把报导放在我们想要的地方吗
it is going to get the story where we want it?
丢到垃圾桶去
Throw it in the can.
-喂 -我是伍华德
-Yes? -This is Woodward.
我想跟你谈谈水门案 我知道
l want to talk about Watergate. l know–
我不会跟你谈这个话题
We’re not going to talk about that subject.
-你跟我说过华勒斯的事 -可是这次不一样
-We talked about Wallace. -But this is different.
那次是跟刺杀总统候选人有关
That was about the shooting of a man running for President.
-这次情况不同 -哪里不同
-This is different. -How?
这跟新闻内容无关 不要再打电♥话♥给我了
Not about this story. Don’t call me again.
麦高文提名伊高顿 为竞选伙伴
断言尼克森是问题来源
稍早 没有带113的乘客 在费城被释放
冰岛的情况越来越严重ue4d1
巴比费区丧失第二场比赛资格ue4d1
跟两百五十万的 世界西洋棋冠军赛说再见
跟俄♥国♥的冠军伯里斯马修的比赛
他没有出现
费区在昨晚的公开赛当中 败给马修ue4d1
他在比赛当中离开现场三十分钟ue4d1
走向电视摄影机ue4d1
后来他退出比赛
在华尔街方面 股价昨日重跌ue4d1
道琼工业指数无预警重挫 六又四分之三个百分点
美元因欧洲货币市场重跌 而受到影响ue4d1
不要再写信或打电♥话♥给我
如果你一定要找我 就在阳台花瓶里插上红旗
然后 我会在《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》 第二十页上注明
小心不要被跟踪
好运 总统先生
Good luck, Mr. President.
计程车
Taxi.
-你追查到哪里 -困住了
-Where are you? -Stuck.
我们的报导陷入困境
The story’s stalled on us.
你觉得我会帮你吗
And you thought l’d help?
我不会在文章里引用你的话
l’ll never quote you.
就算是以匿名的方式也不会
l wouldn’t quote you even as an anonymous source.
你提供的只会被当做背景资料
You’d be on deep background.
你知道你可以相信我的
You can trust me. You know that.
继续吧
Go on.
你可以告诉我你知道什么吗
Can you tell me what you know?
你告诉我你知道的部分
You tell me what you know.
杭特在白宫帮卡尔森工作
Hunt worked for Colson at the White House.
杭特因查帕奎迪克的事 调查肯尼迪的事情
Hunt was investigating Kennedy at Chappaquiddick.
我应该告诉你那些 还有呢
That should tell you a lot. What else?
我们开始听到总统连任委员会里
We’re beginning to hear a lot about a lawyer at CREEP
一个叫做高登力迪的律师
named Gordon Liddy… who’s….
他因为不肯跟联邦调查局合作 被米契尔开除
Gordon Liddy… was fired by Mitchell because he wouldn’t talk to the FBl.
-你不会再听到关于他的事了 -他会说吗
-You’ll hear more. -Will he talk?
我曾经在某个派对上看到力迪 他把手放在蜡烛上面
l was at a party once, and…
一直没有拿开
Liddy put his hand over a candle, and he kept it there.
他把手放在烛火上面 直到手被烧到为止
He kept it right in the flame until his flesh was burned.
有人问他诀窍在哪里 力迪说
Somebody said, “What’s the trick?” And Liddy said,
“诀窍就是不要在意”
“The trick is not minding.”
这篇报导很没内容
The story is dry.
我们只得到一堆不完整的资料
All we’ve got are pieces.
我们想不懂到底是什么状况
We can’t seem to figure out what the puzzle is supposed to look like.
约翰米契尔辞掉支持总统连任 委员会的会长职务
John Mitchell resigns as the head of CREEP…
他说他要把时间留给家人
and says that he wants to spend more time with his family.
听起来只是借口 我们不太相信
Sounds like bullshit. We don’t exactly believe that.
对啊 不过听来是很感人
No, but it’s touching.
别相信媒体帮白宫塑造的神秘感
Forget the myths the media’s created about the White House.
真实的状况是 这些人并不聪明
The truth is, these are not very bright guys…
他们把事情搞砸了
and things got out of hand.
杭特临时加入
Hunt’s come in from the cold.
他理应找个拿了两万五的律师
Supposedly, he’s got a lawyer with $25,000 in a brown paper bag.
追踪钱的走向
Follow the money.
什么意思
What do you mean?
-在哪里 -这我可不能跟你说
Where?l can’t tell you that.
你可以的
But you could tell me that.
不行 一切得照我的方式来
No, l have to do this my way.
你告诉我你知道的资讯 然后我来做确认
You tell me what you know and l’ll confirm.
我会尽力把你引导到正确的方向上 不过仅止于此
l’ll keep you in the right direction if l can, but that’s all.
追踪钱的走向就对了
Just follow the money.
打给共和党的电♥话♥ 与打劫民♥主♥党有关
-该死的《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》 -怎么啦
-Goddamn New York Times. -What is it?
迈阿密的窃贼致电总统连任委员会
Phone calls from burglars in Miami to the Committee to Re-Elect.
-十五通电♥话♥ -至少十五通
Fifteen phone calls.
早在三月15日
At least 15 phone calls and those phone calls
他们就打了电♥话♥
were made as early as March 15…
抢劫的三个月前
which is a full three months before the break-in.
“八万九千元付给一位 优秀的墨西哥律师”
“$89,000 issued in the name of a prominent Mexican lawyer.”
八万九千元的墨西哥支票
$89,000 in Mexican checks?
为什么我们没找到这个资讯
Why didn’t we get this?
他们的消息来源是谁
Who are their sources?
我还有朋友在在电♥话♥公♥司♥上班耶
l even know someone who works at the phone company.
卡尔 如果约翰米契尔 要你的通联记录
Carl, if John Mitchell wanted your phone records…
你一定会抗♥议♥他侵犯你的隐私权
you’d be running around yelling invasion of privacy.
他们的资料是正确的吗
Was the New York Times article accurate?
对 可是我不能给你名册
Yeah, but l can’t get you a fuller listing.
-为什么 -他们申请传票
-Why? They’ve subpoenaed
拿到所有博纳巴克的通联记录
all of Bernard Barker’s phone records.
他们想知道水门案的窃贼
l think they’re trying to find out if the Watergate burglars
有没有违反佛罗里达州法
broke any Florida law.
-谁发的传票 -迈阿密地方检察官
-Who subpoenaed them? -Miami DA.
-他叫什么名字 -我不知道
-What’s his name? -l don’t know his name.
不过主持整个调查案件的人 姓达迪斯
But, the guy who’s heading the investigation is named Dardis.
-达迪斯 他的名字呢 -达迪斯
Dardis. What’s his first name?
我不知道他叫什么名
l don’t know his first name.
我想你得自己去找答案
l guess you’ll have to find that out.
-嗨 -哈啰
Hi. l’m Carl Bernstein, l have a 9:15 appointment with Mr. Dardis.
我是卡尔伯恩斯坦 我跟达迪斯先生约九点十五分
Yes, Mr. Bernstein, l’m afraid that Mr. Dardis…
达迪斯先生今天早上恐怕无法见你
won’t be able to see you this morning.
-他的行程都满了 -你们一定搞错了
His calendar is really quite full.
我是亲自预约的
There must be a mistake. l made the appointment with him personally.
所有预约应该是我负责的
-l called from Washington. -lt should’ve been made through me.
如果你能等 我会看看是不是可以帮你安插
lf you care to wait, l’ll see if l can squeeze you in later.
非常谢谢你
Oh, thanks very much.
我想他自己预约是有点困难的
l guess it’s difficult when he makes his own appointments.
对 我们会处理的
Yes, well, we try to handle it.
戴德郡书♥记♥办公室
现在四点 我们十五分钟后回来
lt’s 4:00, we’ll be back in 15 minutes.
要我们买♥♥什么东西吗
You want anything?
-黑咖啡 -黑咖啡
-Coffee, black. -Coffee, black.
我还在这里
l’m still here.
我很开心
l’m so glad.
就算只有五分钟也好
lf you could just get me in to see him for five minutes, l’d appreciate it.
-是的 伯恩斯坦先生 -我得回去了
-No, Mr. Bernstein. -l have to get back.
我们要试试看
We’re going to try.
嗨 他在等你
Oh, hi. He’s expecting you.
我有几件事情得做
l do have a couple of things to do.
如果要找我 我在喜来登大饭店
l’ll be at the Sheraton if you want to reach me.
如果他明天有时间见我 我会非常感激
lf he has any space tomorrow, l’d appreciate it. Number’s on the back.
-好 -谢谢你
-Fine. -Thank you for your patience.
谢谢你 伯恩斯坦先生 明天应该会比较好
Thank you, Mr. Bernstein. Tomorrow it should be better.
我想也是
l guess so.
达迪斯先生办公室
Mr. Dardis’ office.
嗨 请转告达迪斯先生 伯恩斯坦先生刚离开了
Hi. Please tell Mr. Dardis that Mr. Bernstein has just left.
他明天一整天都会没有空
He’ll be available all day tomorrow.
我想我们大概可以把他排在四点半
l think we can probably squeeze him in around 4:30.
-好 -请转告达迪斯先生
Yes. And please tell Mr. Dardis that
他六点半有客人 不要迟到
he doesn’t want to be late for his 6:30 appointment.
-好的 -谢谢
-Yes, l will. -Thank you.
达迪斯先生办公室
Mr. Dardis’ office.
我是马丁逊
This is Mr. Martinson over at the County—l beg your pardon?
-从郡书♥记♥办公室打电♥话♥来 -你说什么
Martinson, over at the County Clerk’s office.
这里有些达迪斯需要的记录
There’s some records here that Dardis wanted right away.
请快点过来拿 我们要关门了
Could you come and get them? We’re closing.
喔 好 我马上过去
Well, yes, l’ll be right over.
不好意思
Excuse me
应该也会比较简单 等等 干嘛

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!