Could be easier, too. All right. Hold it. -What? -Excuse me.
-不好意思 -嗨 请问有什么事吗
Hi. Can l help you in some way?
-我是伯恩斯坦 我从九点就开始等
l’m Carl Bernstein. l’ve been waiting since 9:00.
-能请你在外面等吗 -我从早上就开始待在这了
-Would you wait outside? -l’ve been waiting out since morning.
-去讲完你的电♥话♥吧 -能请你到外面等吗
-Go ahead. Finish your call. -Wait outside, please, will you?
-不 不 不 -我是《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》的记者
No. l’m the reporter from the Washington Post.
我们昨天讲过电♥话♥
We talked on the telephone yesterday…
你叫我今天过来
and you told me to come on down here and l’m here.
好 有记者来了 我待会再打电♥话♥给你
Okay, yeah. l’ve got the press here. l’m gonna have to call you back.
如果你不想见我
lf you didn’t want to see me l don’t know why the hell…
为什么不在我还在华盛顿的时候说
you didn’t tell me when l was in Washington?
我在这里浪费了一天 报社还在等我的报导
l just wasted a whole goddamned day here. My paper’s waiting for a story.
你叫我过来 跟我说”你的预约时间是九点半”
You tell me yesterday to come here. You said l got a 9:30 appointment.
我已经等你等了整天
l’ve been waiting out here the whole day.
今天的时机非常的不巧
Caught me on the worst day possible.
我的老板准备要竞选
The man l work for has just started a re-election campaign.
我得等到明天才能见你了 好吗
Now, we’re gonna have to see each other tomorrow. Okay?
不行 我得赶着截稿 报社已经帮我留了篇幅
No, sir, l’m facing a deadline and my paper’s saving a space for me.
-我现在没有时间 -我很抱歉
-l just don’t have a minute now. -Well, l’m sorry….
-米蓝恩ue4d1 -达迪斯先生
Mr. Dardis, l’m really very sorry about this. Mr. Bernstein–
-非常抱歉 伯恩斯坦先生ue4d1 -抱歉
l beg your pardon, ma’am, but this gentleman…
这位先生已经跟我预约了
made the appointment with me specifically.
《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》也该获得同样的待遇
And l think the Washington Post deserves the same courtesy…
外面还有人在等待
as any of the people waiting out there, with all due respect.
我五分钟之后会通知你
l’ll buzz you in about five minutes.
那位女士对我很好
The lady takes good care of me.
我们今晚不能讨论
The fact is we just can’t go into it this evening.
一切得等到明天再说 好吗
lt’s going to have to wait till tomorrow. Okay?
我希望你能在我离开前告诉我 我现在得回去报社
l just wish you could’ve told me that before l left…
不管用什么方式
because l gotta go back to my paper now and write that story…
都得把报导写出来
one way or another, that’s all.
你想要看巴克先生的通联记录跟 金钱交易记录吗
Do you want to see Mr. Barker’s phone records and his money records?
你叫我过来 跟我说你有巴克的资料
You told me on the phone if l’d come here you’d show everything you got on Barker.
-我要的就是那些资料 -我有的就是那些
-That’s all l want. -Well, that’s what l’ve got.
那很好
Well, that’s fine.
好 我们得谈个条件
Okay, you and l are going to have to have an agreement…
你不能泄漏消息来源
that you’re not going to reveal the source of your information.
-这些是出纳支票ue4d1 -都是墨西哥支票吗
All these are cashier’s checks on a bank in Mexico City.
-在墨西哥城的一家银行 -这些都是墨西哥的吗
-All these checks from Mexico? -Si.
-看到没 -钱是从那里来的吗
How come? Did the money originate there?
我怀疑一开始可能是披索
Well, l doubt it started off as pesos.
等等 这个是什么
Wait a minute, what’s this one?
什么 喔 两万五美金
What’s…. Okay, $25,000.
-那个人是谁 -肯尼达伯格
-Who’s that? -Kenneth H. Dahlberg.
我们还无法确定那个人是谁
We haven’t been able to ascertain who that is.
鲍伯 我有了新的资讯 可是不知道有没有关联
Bob, listen, l think l got something. l don’t know what it is.
有个叫做肯尼斯达伯格的人
But somewhere in this world there’s a Kenneth H. Dahlberg.
我们得赶在《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》之前找到他
And we’ve got to get to him before the New York Times does.
我想他们也有同样的消息
Because l think they have the same information.
快点写下来 肯尼斯达伯格
Got a pencil? Write this down. Quick. Kenneth H. Dahlberg.
达成的达 伯父的伯 格子的格
D-A-H-L-B-E-R-G.
肯尼斯达伯格
麦高文之前公开支持伊高顿
McGovern, who at first had voiced complete support for Eagleton…
可是最近他开始持不同意见
has more recently expressed doubts…
表示伊高顿得
and said that Eagleton must make a decision…
在去留之间做个决定
whether to stay or leave the ticket.
你是那个想要写关于达格伯的人吗
You’re the one that wanted the articles…
-肯尼斯达格伯 -对
-on Dahlberg, Kenneth H. Dahlberg? -Yeah.
我在资料夹里面什么都找不到
Couldn’t find anything in the clip file at all.
那真是好极了
Oh, wonderful.
不过我到是找到一张照片 不知道有没有帮助
l did find one picture though, if it’s any help.
谢谢
Thanks.
获颁铜十字英勇勋章
明尼苏达
Minnesota.
明尼苏达 明尼苏达
Minneapolis….
肯尼斯达格伯
这是我深思熟虑之后做出的结论
l base that conclusion upon my conversations with his doctors…
我跟医生谈过 还有透过个人跟政♥治♥组织
and my close personal and political association….
-请接外线 -好
-Outside line, please. -Yes.
谢谢
-Thank you. -…the joint decision…
我们今晚已经达成了 健康不是一个事实
that we have reached tonight, health would not affect.
可是民众认为伊高顿参议员
But the public debate…
健康有问题
over Senator Eagleton’s past medical history…
这可以模糊焦点
continues to divert attention from the great national issues…
逃避应该被讨论的国家议题
that need to be discussed.
我感到越来越大的压力
l have referred to the growing pressures that ask…
要求伊高顿参议员退出
for Senator Eagleton’s withdrawal.
-哈啰 -可以请你?达格伯先生
Hello? -Could l please…. Mr. Dahlberg? –
-喂 -你是肯尼斯达格伯吗
Yes. -Kenneth Dahlberg?
我是
-Yes.
我是《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》的鲍伯伍华德
This is Bob Woodward of the Washington Post.
-嗯ue4d1 -有关那张两万五千元的支票
-Yes? -About that $25,000 check…
存入水门案 其中一个窃贼的户头里面
deposited in the bank account of one of the Watergate burglars…
就是博纳巴克先生
Mr. Bernard Barker….
那张支票上有你的名字
As you know, sir, the check has your name on it.
我们正在写关这件事的报导
We were doing a story on this…
不知道你对这件事有什么想法或解释
and l was wondering if you would care to comment or explain?
我把所有的钱都交给委员会
l turn all my money over to the Committee.
是什么委员会 连任委员会吗
What committee is that, sir? The Committee to Re-Elect?
-是的 -为什么要那样做
-Yes. -Why would you do that?
我募了很多款项 我是中西部的财务主席
l raise a lot of money. l’m Midwest Finance Chairman.
是帮连任委员会吗
For the Committee to Re-Elect?
-哈啰 -是的
-Hello? -Yes, that’s right.
你的钱为什么会进到
How do you think your check got into
水门案窃贼的户头里
the bank account of the Watergate burglar?
我是个奉公守法的公民 我所做的事情都是合法的
l’m a proper citizen. What l do is proper.
我了解
Oh, l understand.
我刚经历过一段很痛苦的时间
l’ve just been through a terrible ordeal.
我邻居的老婆被绑♥架♥
My neighbor’s wife has been kidnapped.
你的钱为什么会进到巴克的户头
How do you think your check got into Barker’s account list?
总统连任委员会
Committee to Re-Elect the President.
请找克拉克麦奎格先生
Could l speak to Mr. Clark MacGregor?
-请稍后 我帮你转接 -谢谢 谢谢
-One moment, l’ll connect you. -Thank you.
-喂 -麦奎格先生
Yes? -Mr. MacGregor? -Yes.
-我是 -我是《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》的鲍伯伍华德
This is Bob Woodward of the Washington Post.
-哈啰 -是
-Hello? -Yes.
我是《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》的鲍伯伍华德
This is Bob Woodward of the Washington Post.
我刚跟肯尼斯达格伯先生谈过
l just spoke to a Mr. Kenneth Dahlberg…
-他说他是中西部的财务ue4d1 -我知道达格伯
who says that he is Midwest Finance Chairman. Yeah, l know Ken Dahlberg.
没有人能跟我解释 为什么一张
Well, l can’t seem to get an explanation on why a check…
两万五千美金的支票
for $25,000 made out to Mr. Dahlberg…
原本是达格伯要寄给
that he apparently sent to the Committee to Re-Elect the President…
连任委员会的钱 最后却跑到水门案窃贼的户头里
would end up in the bank account of a Watergate burglar.
-我不知道
l don’t know.
-但你是委员会会长 先生 我才刚上任
-But you’re head of the Committee, sir. -Look, l just came aboard.
约翰米契尔是前任会长 他搞不好会知道
John Mitchell was the head of the Committee. He might know.
-可能的解释是什么呢 -我不知道
Well, what would the explanation possibly be–l don’t know.
你的意思是我应该知道答案
You’re implying that l should know…
如果你把新闻写出来 那么我们的关系也就到此为止
and if you print that, our relationship will be terminated.
可是先生 我们没有关系
Sir, we don’t have a relationship.
选举的重要议题是和平跟国家繁荣
The issues of the campaign are peace and prosperity…
而不是选举支票
not a campaign check.
-鲍伯 鲍伯 -先生 没有人说
-Bob. -Sir, no one is saying….
-这件事发生在我接管之前 -达格伯先生在二线上
-…this happened before l came on board. -Mr. Dahlberg is on line 2.
为了总统的连任
l’m running a campaign for the re-election of the President.
我们已经筹募了六千万美金
We’ve raised $60 million
而你竟然追问两万五千的支票
and you’re asking about a $25,000 check.
麦奎格先生 不好意思 你能等我一下吗
Mr. MacGregor, excuse me, could you hold one second, please?
-好吧 -谢谢 是
-All right. -Thank you. Yes?
-哈啰 -达伯格先生
-Hello. -Mr. Dahlberg?
-是 -能请你等一下吗
-Yes? -Could you please hold one second, sir?
-好的 -谢谢 麦奎格先生
-Yes. -Thank you. -Mr. MacGregor? -Yeah?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!