-米契尔知道 -米契尔当然知道
-Mitchell knew? -Of course Mitchell knew.
你以为这种大事是碰巧发生吗
Do you think something this size just happens?
赫德曼一定也知道
Haldeman had to know, too.
我是不会透露赫德曼的事情
You’ll get nothing from me about Haldeman.
席格提说的
Segretti said that–
不要把重点放在席格提身上 会模糊整件事的焦点
Don’t concentrate on Segretti. You’ll miss the overall.
害穆斯基丢掉竞选资格的信 肯努克的信
The letter that destroyed the Muskie candidacy…
是从内部出来?
the Canuck letter, did that come from inside the White-
你错估整个局势了
You’re missing the overall.
什么局势
But what overall?
他们害怕穆斯基 看看是谁被毁了
They were frightened of Muskie, and look who got destroyed.
他们要打败麦高文 看看他们现在对抗的是谁
They wanted to run against McGovern. Look who they’re running against.
他们监听
They bugged,
跟踪别人
they followed people…
故意透露假的新闻 制♥造♥假的信函
false press leaks, fake letters.
他们取消了抗♥议♥民♥主♥党选战的游♥行♥
They canceled Democratic campaign rallies.
他们调查民♥主♥党员的私生活
They investigated Democratic private lives.
派间谍渗入敌营 偷窃文件等等
They planted spies, stole documents, and on and on.
别告诉我你以为 这一切都是唐诺席格提一手包办
Now, don’t tell me you think this is all the work of little Don Segretti.
联邦调查局跟司法部都知道
The FBl and Justice know this?
-卡尔 -是
-Carl? -Yeah.
你是不是应该更常来拿留言
Why don’t you pick up your messages more often?
-有香烟吗 -有
-Right. You got a cigarette? -Yeah.
-谁是彼得泰勒 -我不知道 卡尔
Who’s Pete Teller?
我自己有很大一区得顾
l haven’t the slightest idea,
卡尔
Carl. l have this whole place to take care of.
来了
-Carl? -Yeah, one second.
叫他留下电♥话♥号♥码
Tell him to leave his phone number next time, all right?
-好 -嗨 莎莉
Hi, Sally.
你们知道肯努克的信吗
Listen, do you guys know about the Canuck letter?
抱歉我来晚了
Yep. l’m sorry, l’m late.
我只是想确定你们知道 信是谁写的
l just wanted to make sure you knew who wrote it.
什么
What?
什么 你是说危害穆斯基候选资格的信
You mean the letter that sabotaged the Muskie candidacy?
好吧 过来
All right, come here.
他是什么时候告诉你的
When did he tell you this?
是 我了解
Yes,I know
得跟鲍伯讲
Gotta tell Bob.
-伍华德 -卡尔
-Woodward. -What?
我有很重要的事要跟你说
One second. Very important…. Come here.
告诉他你跟我说的事
Tell him what you told me.
过来坐下
Here, sit down.
把你跟我说的一五一十告诉他
Just exactly the way you said it to me, say it to him.
肯克拉森告诉我 是他写了那封肯努克的信
Ken Clawson told me he wrote the Canuck letter.
-那封咒骂加拿大人的信 -克拉森
The letter that said Muskie was slurring the Canadians.
白宫通讯室处的副处长
Clawson? The Deputy Director of
写了肯努克的信
White House Communications wrote the Canuck letter.
-他什么时候告诉你的 -喝酒的时候
-When did he tell you this? -When we were having drinks.
-你们当时在哪儿 -我家
-Where were you? -My apartment.
-他什么时候说的 -两个礼拜前
-When did you say he told you? -Two weeks ago.
他还说了什么
What else did he say?
他是不是还说了别的 想要跟你利益输送
He didn’t say anything?
他是不是说这些
Come on, you’re hedging.
只是为了让你跟他上♥床♥
You think he said it to impress you to get you to go to bed with him?
-天啊 -不 我要听她说
-Jesus. -No, l want to hear her say it.
他是不是说这些
Do you think he said that to impress you,
只是为了让你跟他上♥床♥
try to get you to go to bed with him?
为什么等了两个礼拜才说 莎莉
Why did it take you two weeks to tell us this, Sally?
我想我没有你们那么敏感
l guess l don’t have the taste for the jugular you guys have.
你是说一切都是误会
You’re claiming it was all a misunderstanding?
当然 莎莉搞错了
Absolutely. Sally’s got it all wrong.
我从来没告诉她信是我写得
l never told her that l wrote that letter.
我们只是随便聊聊
We were just shooting the breeze about the election.
-选举的八卦 -她是个优秀的记者
She’s an awfully good reporter.
我想她从来没错的那么离谱
l don’t remember her getting that much wrong before, do you?
这真是一个混♥蛋♥问题 伍华德
Look, that’s a real bullshit question, Woodward.
这真是空穴来风
That is a question straight out of Wichita, Kansas.
最后一个问题
Listen. One last thing.
你记得讨论八卦的地点在哪儿吗
Do you remember where this shooting the breeze took place?
哪里是什么意思
What do you mean, where?
是在餐厅 她家 还是酒吧
l mean, was it a restaurant, or her apartment, or a bar?
我完全不记得那件事
Now, look. l’d forgotten the entire incident…
不过一定不会是在她
but it most certainly wasn’t in her apartment.
你记得是什么时候吗
Do you remember when it took place?
我没有时间
l don’t have time for this. l’m a busy man.
-我很忙 -你都听到了吗
Did you get all that?
-他说是在酒吧还是餐厅 -他说他忘了
What did he say about meeting in a bar or restaurant?
所以他没有否认
He said he forgot the entire incident.
又是一个不正面否认的否认
That means he didn’t deny it. -That’s a non-denial denial.
-空穴来风 -那的确是个混♥蛋♥问题
Wichita, Kansas? Yeah, he said that’s a bullshit question, Woodward–
-你为什么会问ue4d1 -我知道 但我又没捏造
l know what he said. But l’m from Wheaton, lllinois.
嘿 鲍伯 卡尔 他在电♥话♥线上
Hey, Bob, Carl. He’s on the phone.
-谁 -克拉森
-Who? -Clawson!
-几线 -四线
Get over there on line 4 and transcribe this, will you? Four.
-四 -等等
-Four? wait
-四线 -好
-Four? -Okay. Yeah.
什么事 肯
Yes, Ken.
莎莉 拜托 不要告诉他们我去你家的事
Sally, for Christ’s sakes, don’t tell them l came to your place.
为什么 喝点小酒有什么关系
Why not? What’s wrong with coming over for a drink?
就我们两个 单独在你家
You and me? ln your apartment?
怎么样
Well?
我的老天爷 你把我害惨了
Jesus Christ, you just shot me down.
如果报上登出 我去你家的消息
lf that appears in the papers that l’m over at your house, having….
-你知道会有什么影响吗 -我不知道
-Do you know what that does? -No, l don’t see why.
你不知道 不知道
You don’t? You don’t?
又没有什么不对
-There’s nothing bad about it.
当然有啊
-Well, there sure is.
这倒好
This is just incredible.
我问心无愧
Well, l have a clear conscience.
莎莉 我有老婆 家庭 还有一只狗跟猫
Sally, l have a wife, and a family, and a dog, and a cat.
她说他去她家喝点小酒
She said that he was in her house having drinks.
我不在乎是在哪发生的 发生什么事情才是重点
Now, look, l don’t care where it happened. What happened is what counts.
我们问他 他说他全忘了
When we asked him about it, he said he forgot the entire incident.
-是吗 -肯克拉森在线上
-Yeah? -Ken Clawson on the line.
-肯克拉森在线上 -天啊
-Ken Clawson on the line. -Jesus.
肯 你好吗
Ken. What’s up, kid?
班 你看 事情就这样发展
Ben, now, look, this whole thing that’s going on over there,
我要你知道这一切
Ben… l want you to know t
我从来没有
hat l never claimed authorship of the Canuck letter!
他说他没有写那封信
Says he never wrote the letter.
都是误会一场
lt’s some kind of misunderstanding, a confusion, l want you to know–
肯 肯 慢一点 你听起来有点崩溃
Slow down, Ken. You sound frazzled.
拜托
Now, Ben, please, listen.
如果你们要登关于
lf you’re going to refer to that alleged conversation with Sally Aiken…
我跟莎莉艾肯的对话 不可以说那是在她家发生的
you can’t print that it took place in her apartment.
我有老婆 家庭 还有一只狗跟猫
l have a wife, and a family, and a dog, and a cat.
老婆 家庭 还有一只狗跟猫
“A wife, and a family, and a dog, and a cat.”
好 肯 好的
Right, Ken, right. Yeah.
肯 我不想登你在莎莉家的事
Now, Ken, l don’t want to print that you were in Sally’s apartment.
-谢天谢地 -我只想知道
Thank God.
你在莎莉家说了些什么
l just want to know what you said in Sally’s apartment.
-哈啰 -伯恩斯坦
-Hello. -Bernstein…
我刚得到联调局消息来源的暗示
l just got a tip from our FBl source.
秘密现金是用来资助席格提的
The secret cash fund financed Segretti.
-天啊 -好 现在听着
-Jesus. -All right. Now, listen.
夏宝雇用席格提 我们也知道赫德曼雇用夏宝
Chapin hired Segretti, we know that. And we know Haldeman hired Chapin.
赫德曼一定是第五个主导基金的人
Haldeman has to be the fifth name to control the fund.
史隆知道
Sloan knows.
我们已经知道五个主导人当中的四个
We’ve only got four out of the five who controlled the fund.
-第五个一定是赫德曼 -我不这么想
lt has to be Haldeman. l don’t think we’ve got it.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
前一篇文章擒凶记
下一篇文章捉贼记
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!