所以什么 我长大后不会继续待在这儿
So? It’s not like I’m gonna be here when I grow up.
我不想待在这儿
I don’t want to be here.
我想到外面去 像你一样
I want to be out there, like you.
四年之前 她还在堪萨斯州劳伦斯市
Can you believe that she was in a tiny little news station
一家很小的电视台 你能相信吗
in Lawrence, Kansas, like, four years ago?
你是真喜欢她 真见鬼
Yeah, you like her. Holy crap!
我怎么教你说话的 真见鬼
Whoa! What did I say about the language? Holy crap!
在阿♥拉♥斯加州北部 冬季来得格外早
In Northern Alaska, winter comes very early,
但对三只加利福尼亚灰鲸来说
and for three California gray whales,
今年的冬天来得或许太早了
it may have come too early this year.
以下报道来自
Adam Carlson reports from
身处美国最北端的亚当·卡尔森
the most northern point of the United States.
我正站在一片冰天雪地里
I’m standing out on this frozen landscape
在巴罗 我们最近发现了一幕悲剧
where we recently discovered a tragedy unfolding here in Barrow.
波弗特海今年的冰层冻得
Ice is freezing the Beaufort Sea,
比以往都要快
more quickly than usual for this time of year.
三只灰鲸
And three gray whales,
两只成年鲸和一只幼鲸
two adults and their baby,
现在被困在六英尺厚的冰层之中
are now trapped within a wall of ice, six inches thick.
阿♥拉♥斯加野生动物管理部的帕特·拉斐特说
According to Pat Lafayette of Alaska Wildlife Management,
这些灰鲸原本应该开始
these gray whales were to
它们每年由北向南的迁徙
have already begun their annual migration south.
整个旅途长达五千英里
It’s a 5, 000-mile journey
从北美洲海岸一直到
that takes them down the coast of North America
墨西哥巴哈半岛的一个咸水湖
to a lagoon in Baja, Mexico,
它们就在在那里哺乳
where they breed.
这三只鲸鱼肯定没想到
These three whales were certainly not expecting
会被困在北极的冰牢里
to be imprisoned in an Arctic dungeon.
与弓头鲸相比 灰鲸的头部没那么结实
A gray whale’s head, unlike the stout bowhead whale,
它们太软而无法撞开冰层
is too soft to break through the ice
现在它们已经深受其苦了
and it’s beginning to take its toll.
鲸鱼每次浮出水面时都会露出身上的擦伤
Cuts and bruises are now visible each time the whales surface.
但是对这三只鲸来说 它们别无选择
But for these three, there is no choice.
要么努力使水面不结冰 要么就窒息
It’s either continue fighting to keep the hole open, or drown.
两位专家都认为鲸鱼生存的机会十分渺茫
Both experts here give the whales a slim chance of survival.
华盛顿 白宫
致总统的备忘录 关于阿♥拉♥斯加的鲸鱼
早上好 这里是绿色和平组织
Good morning, Greenpeace.
戴夫 如果我得不到帮助
Dave, those whales are dead
这些鲸鱼就没命了 明白吗
if I don’t get some help. Okay?
安克雷奇 绿色和平总部
你的报纸上可以引用这句话 我得挂了
There’s the quote for your paper. I gotta go.
您好
Hello.
我知道怎么才能救这些鲸鱼
I know how you can free those whales.
您是哪位
Who is this?
我是鲸鱼的朋友
I’m a friend of the whales.
在普拉德霍湾 有一艘大型气垫驳船
In Prudhoe Bay, there’s a giant hover barge
是阿♥拉♥斯加北方石油公♥司♥的资产
that belongs to Alaska Northern Oil.
该船是用来破冰的
It was built to break through the ice,
相信我 这正是你所需要的
and trust me, it’s exactly what you need.
你只需让国民警卫队提供一架直升机
You just have to get the National Guard to supply a helicopter
把船从普拉德霍拖到巴罗
to tow it from Prudhoe to Barrow.
你怎么知道这些的
How do you know all of this?
我那边有熟人
I have very good connections.
我们这是在哪儿
Where the hell are we?
布罗考和他该死的鲸鱼
Brokaw and his damn whales!
欢迎来到巴罗市 全美最北边的城市
所有的新鲜的鲸鱼肉和海豹肉
All raw whale and seal meat
都要密闭包装以便装船
Must be stored in leak-proof packages for shipment.”
我觉得在迪斯尼乐园里也有这么个牌子
You know, I think they got a sign like that in Disneyland.
你找着洗手间了吗
Did you find the bathroom?
嗯 两个简易厕所
Yeah. Two Porta-Johns.
一个门坏了 另一个盖子结冰了
One with a broken door. One with a frozen lid.
天哪
Oh, God!
科罗拉多州博尔德市
她打给你的吗 有意思
She called you? Interesting.
听我说 鲁思
I’ll tell you something, Ruth.
那个女的还真不要脸
That woman has got a hell of a big pair
她都那样羞辱我了
thinking that she can ask me for help
还指望我会给她提供帮助
after the way she embarrassed me like that.
她真蠢到家了 居然指望我把驳船借给
I mean, she’s nuts if she thinks I’m going to let some hippies
一帮小丑去救助一群鲸鱼
use my barge to save a bunch of whales!
谢谢
Thank you.
巴罗是不是
Is Barrow near that Arctic
离你一直念叨的北极野生动物保护区很近
wildlife reserve you’re always going on about?
那个你特别想钻探的地方
That place you want to drill so bad?
那是另一场恶战了
That’s a whole other fight.
她跟那些环境保护狂们
She’s got her tree-hugger
正在华盛顿极力阻挠我在那里钻探的计划
buddies in Washington killing me on that one, too.
我投入巨款
You know, I spent a fortune
却还是得不到钻探所需的票数
and I still can’t get the votes I need to drill.
你知道如果你救了这些鲸鱼
Can you imagine what those
那些人会怎么想吗
people would think if you saved those whales?
嗯 对
Yeah, right.
如果我们也开始加入环保的队伍
If we started hugging trees, too.
我告诉你会是什么情况
I’ll tell you what it would do.
那比我一直以来做恶人还
It would make it a whole lot
要难上数倍
harder to make me look like the bad guy all the time.
亲爱的 挪一下那驳船能花多少钱
Honey, how much could it cost to move one silly little barge?
也就两到三千吧
Well, I’ll tell you. Twenty or thirty grand, probably.
失陪 我一会儿回来
Excuse me, I’ll be right back. Sorry.
喂 波比 我改主意了
Yeah, Bobby, I just changed my mind.
跟那个女人说 驳船借给她
Tell the witch she can use my barge.
没错 别急
Right. Whoa, whoa, whoa!
听我说 找人写份新闻稿
Listen, have the girls put out a press release
就说我们打算
saying that we’re even going
连直升机的油钱一起付了
to spring for the gas for the helicopters.
知道了吗
All right?
上个月吉尔伯特飓风是你报道的
You did that story on Hurricane Gilbert last month.
没错
Yeah.
我和亚当每一秒都仔细看了
Adam and I watched every second of that.
是吗
Really?
对 我们在电视台什么节目都能收到
Yeah, we got all the feeds at the TV station.
他们要如何把那破冰船
Hey, how did they get that killer facility
弄到这个地方来呢
all the way out to a place like this?
欢迎来到巴罗市
Welcome to Barrow.
四亿元的高中边上可能有栋四百元的破房♥子
You have a $400-million high school next to a $400 house.
录像带拿来了吗
Did you get the tapes?
我忘了
Oh, no.
我不知道你是怎么办到的
I don’t know how you do it.
我不是这里人 我从安克雷奇来的
I’m not from here. I’m down in Anchorage.
但我倒是想去阿♥拉♥斯加以外的州看看
I would love to get to the lower 48, though.
你信不信 这跟厄尔尼诺现象有关
It involves El Nino, if you can believe that.
太平洋中东部海域大范围内海水温度异常升高的现象
太赞了
That’s amazing.
随着鲸鱼事件持续升温
With the whale story heating up,
也许你们感兴趣我的录影 或者
maybe you guys could take a look at my reel, or…
我想他不会推荐
I don’t think he’s going
能给他造成威胁的人
to recommend anybody who can steal his job.
见鬼了
What the hell?
它们在低温下跟树枝没两样
Yeah, those things are like twigs out in this temperature.
我卡车里有备用的
I keep some extras in the trunk.
我去帮你拿
I’ll get them.
能帮我拿点咖啡吗
Could you get me some coffee?
最好是热的
Maybe some hot coffee.
随着时间的流逝 希望逐渐渺茫
Time and hope appear to be running out…
开始了
It’s on! It’s on!
三头加利福尼亚灰鲸
…for three California gray whales that have been trapped
已经被困于北极圈厚厚的冰层下一周多了
for more than a week in the thickening ice of the Arctic Ocean.
怎么样了
Hey, what’s happening?
真是可怜的生物
They are pathetic creatures.
当它们浮出水面时仿佛可以感到它们的恐慌
One can hear the sound of panic as they surface to breathe.
温度远远低于零摄氏度
Temperatures are well below zero.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!