诺拉·艾芙隆(代表作《西雅图夜未眠》《当哈利遇上莎莉》)来电
Yes, I have Nora Ephron calling.
好的 请稍等
Certainly, one moment.
诺拉 你好
Nora, hello.
方便接电♥话♥吗
Is this a good time?
当然 很高兴接到你的电♥话♥
Of course it is. So wonderful to hear from you.
你个势利眼
You star fucker!
这是一个词还是俩?
Is that one word or two?
艾琳是谁
Who’s Elaine?
不关你的事
None of your business.
效果不错 你觉得呢
Came out well. Don’t you think?
是不错
Lovely.
帕克小姐 一共35块5
Okay, Miss Parker, that will be $35.50.
亲爱的约书亚
Dear Joshua,
阿伦让我写信给你道歉
Alan told me to write and apologize.
我宿醉未消 老♥毛♥病了
I have a hangover that is a real museum piece.
我肯定说了很多不好的话
I’m sure I must have said something terrible.
为了以后省点事
To save me this kind of exertion in the future,
我考虑复印一批短♥信♥ 上面写着
I am thinking of having little letters run off, saying
“你能原谅我吗?多萝西”
“Can you ever forgive meDorothy.”
不过 在我真的那么做之前
But until I do that,
你能原谅我吗 多萝西
can you ever forgive meDorothy.
我最亲爱的雷夫 亲爱的朋友
Dearest Ralph. Dear friend.
亲爱的蒂莫西 亲爱的谢尔曼
Dear Timothy. Dear Germaine…
关于玫瑰花 格特鲁德·斯泰因算是说对了
Gertrude Stein was right about the roses,
但是说到加州 她可就完全是胡说八道了
but she was all wet about California.
她说根本没有那么个地方
She said there was no “there”, there.
我来告诉你 真的有
Well, I’m here to tell you there is.
你的 多萝西帕克
Yours, Dorothy Parker.
亲爱的伊迪丝 那个糟老头
Dear Edith, that terrible old fart…
暴虐成性的乔·肯尼迪
the tyranny addict, Joe Kennedy,
怂恿格洛丽亚斯旺森(《日落大道》女主角)出走派拉蒙 这完全是毁了她
ruined Gloria Swanson by luring her away from Paramount…
亲爱的西德尼 我完全不知道你认识多蒂·帕克
Dear Sidney, I had no idea you knew Dottie Parker.
真是悲剧性的损失 但她早就将死不活几十年了
A tragic loss, but she had been dying for decades.
不管是因为酗酒 用药过量还是个人性格问题 她都不能
Whether it was drink or chemistry or character, she was unable…
我讨厌肯尼迪家族
I hate the Kennedys…
你现在做什么 服务员?
What are you nowWaitress?
没有 我抢银行了
No, I robbed a bank.
伊斯雷尔小姐
Miss Israel.
你好吗 恩古尔太太
How you doing, Mrs. Ungur?
谢谢你的饼干
Thank you for those cookies.
很好吃吧?
Those were good cookies, weren’t they?
没有巧克力蛋糕好吃 但还不错
Not as good as chocolate babka, but good
我得记下来
I’ll have to remember that.
让你儿子对我好点
Hey, tell your son to go easy on me, huh?
人老了并不代表就没用了
Can’t kick a old dog out on the street, right?
爱你的 莉莲·海尔曼
Affectionately, Lillian Hellman.
你的 艾德娜·费勃
Yours, Edna Ferber.
多萝西帕克 朱迪·霍利德
Dorothy Parker. Judy Holliday.
露易丝·布鲁克斯 玛琳·黛德丽
Louise Brooks. Marlene Dietrich.
你真诚的 诺埃尔·考沃德
Sincerely yours, Noël Coward.
东村书店
你是李?
You’re Lee?
叫我伊斯雷尔小姐
Ms. Israel.
阿伦
Alan.
你有些什么
So, what do you got?
很聪明 不是吗
Very witty, don’t you think?
嘴巴很臭
She had quite the mouth.
我觉得她是性格独特
I think what she had was a very big personality.
听说她还喜欢女人
Liked the ladies, too, I heard.
确定都是真的吗
You sure these are the real thing?
应该是
I assume so.
不一定 多数人都是你说他们什么他们就信什么
Nah, most people will believe anything you tell them anyway.
人们都喜欢这种东西
And people love this stuff.
个人来讲 我是不太明白
Personally, I don’t get it.
敬范妮·布莱斯 诺埃尔·考沃德 还有多萝西·帕克
To Fanny Brice, Noël Coward, and Dorothy Parker.
愿他们的才华不朽
May their brilliance live on.
还要敬你 一位碰巧还活着的优秀作家
And to Lee, a brilliant writer who happens to still be alive.
这话值得商榷
That’s negotiable.
如果你去世后 人们也卖♥♥你的书信 会不会很棒?
Wouldn’t it be incredible if, after you passed on… people selling your letters
你怎么就觉得我也会喜欢呢
Why on earth would I want that?
这不明摆着吗 多数像我们这样的凡人 死了就什么都没了
Well, because. Most of us mortals just disappear.
这样的话 某种程度上来说你还活着
This way, you still kind of exist.
算了吧 我死的时候有谁会在意呢
No. When I die, who cares?
我只希望能有人帮我喂猫
I just want somebody to feed my cat.
我可以
I’ll feed your cat.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你有写过自己吗
Have you ever written about yourself?
没有 我是个很无趣的人
Nah. I don’t think I’d find myself very interesting.
我觉得你很有趣啊 你应该写的
I would. You should.
而不是等别人来给你写传记
Instead of waiting for someone to write a biography about you.
你真会说话 安娜
You’re very flattering, Anna.
真不敢相信我要这么做 不过
I can’t believe that I’m doing this, but…
这是我写的其中一个故事
Here’s one of my stories.
你还随身带着?
You brought it with you.
我知道 傻死了
I’m an idiot, I know.
没有啦 我会看的
No, I mean, I’ll give it a read.
我只上过几节课
I’ve only taken a couple of classes…
别担心 我很荣幸
Oh, don’t worry about it. I’m… I’m honored.
你还戴眼镜?
You wear glasses.
最近才戴
Only recently.
我很喜欢 很好看
I like them. They look good.
不确定是不是该选这副镜框
I wasn’t sure about the frames.
很漂亮
They’re nice.
以前我视力好得不得了
I used to have perfect vision.
你不讨厌变老
Don’t you hate getting older
看着自己的身体分崩离析吗
and watching your parts fall apart?
没有 你还年轻
Nah. You’re too young.
快算了吧
Hardly.
以前我真的认为 到了这个年龄应该比现在更有所成就才对
I really thought that I’d have accomplished more by this time in my life.
还是多喝点酒吧
You just need to drink more alcohol.
你还有书店呢
I mean, plus, you own the shop, right?
继承来的 是的
Well, I inherited it, yeah.
说真的 我原以为压力会小得多
Truth be told, it’s more pressure than I thought.
我父亲很引以为傲
My father took real pride in it.
简直有些过分骄傲了
Almost too much.
我很努力才能不辜负父亲的期望
I try to live up to that.
你在哪长大的?
Where did you grow up?
伍德赛德 皇后区
Woodside, Queens.
我父母住在弗罗里达州 愿他们安息
My parents live in Florida, may they rest in peace.
我还有个蠢弟弟
I also have a ridiculous brother
他住在长岛
who lives on Long Island, so…
你呢
What about you?
我是独生女 不过跟表亲们走得比较近
I’m an only child… but I’m close with a few of my cousins, though.
我觉得我也有几个表亲 不过无法确定
I think I have some cousins. I think.
对家里的事不太上心吧
Not into the family thing?
是的 我喜欢一个人
No, I like my alone time.
不过也不喜欢一直一个人吧?
Well, not every second, though.
现在你就跟我在一块
You’re here with me right now.
我一直都需要一个酒友
Oh, hey. I always need a drinking buddy.
谢谢 今晚很开心
Thank you. That was fun.
我可能有点醉了
I think I’m a little tipsy.
你呢
Are you?
洒洒水啦
It takes a lot more than that.
不会吧 我是不是出丑了?
Oh, no. Have I embarrassed myself?
多萝西说的什么来着
What did Dorothy say?
“你能原谅我吗?”
“Can you ever forgive me?”
怎么了 我说错话了吗
WhatDid I say something wrong?
没有
No.
你没说错什么
You didn’t say anything wrong.
那就好
Good.
今晚真的很开心

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!