我不会对你那么做的 我是个好人
I’m not gonna do that to you. I’m a good guy.
如果他们让我作证人的话
And if they want me to be a witness…
我也不会说实话的
I’ll lie.
但是你要给我5000块
But you’re gonna pay me $5,000.
我不知道你在说什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
拜托 我又不会出♥卖♥♥♥你
Well, come on, I’m not gonna rat you out or anything.
您可真宽宏大量
That’s very generous of you.
我没有这么多钱
I don’t have $5,000.
你是个聪明人
You’re a clever woman.
想想办法
Figure it out.
您好 欢迎光临
Oh, hello, welcome.
谢谢
Oh, thank you very much.
我外婆刚刚去世
My grandmother just died, and…
没关系的
No, it’s all right.
在我整理她衣柜的时候发现了这些
And I discovered these when I was going through her closet and
想知道你有没有兴趣
wondered if they might be of interest to you or not.
“艾德娜·费勃”
“Edna Ferber.”
你听说过她?
You’ve heard of her?
是的
Oh, yes.
她是那部詹姆斯·迪恩主演电影(指《巨人传》)的编剧
She wrote that movie with James Dean.
我对这些不太了解
I guess I’m not really up on all these things.
瞧瞧这个 多美的小装饰品
Just look at that. Such wonderful knick-knacks.
你外婆收集书信?
So your granny collected letters?
信里提到的人我一个也不认识
I don’t know any of the people in them,
但我觉得这信应该值点钱
but I feel they must be worth something.
那你是怎么知道我会买♥♥这些东西的
And how did you know that I bought this kind of thing?
你会买♥♥吗
Do you?
当然
Sure.
这样 我可以每件给你50块
Yeah. I could give you $50 a piece.
应该不止这些吧
I feel I could do better than that.
无意冒犯 但是布鲁克林一家书店
No offense, but a store in Brooklyn
给我的报价是200一件
offered me $200 for one.
一件?
For one?
那你怎么不卖♥♥给他们呢
Why didn’t you sell it to them, then?
我讨厌这个区
I hate the boroughs.
我真的很擅长这个
I’m really good at this.
你应该看看当时的样子
You should see me at it.
你有多久没出门了 李?
When last did you go outside, Lee?
你赚了多少
How much did you get?
第一家店给了我600
First place gave me $600.
另外一家给了1000
The other guy gave me $1,000.
你可以用那个混♥蛋♥自己的钱付给他
You just got closer to paying back that asshole with his own money.
他给了我1000块!
He gave me $1,000!
他起疑了吗
Was he suspicious?
当然没有
Oh, hell, no.
我一直都想当个演员的 给你
I always did want to be an actor. Here.
你刚刚说他给了你多少钱?
How much did you say he gave you?
什么?
What?
你偷我的钱?
You’re stealing from me?
没有
No.
我怎么说的来着
What did I say?
他给了我1400+600块 我是说……
He gave me $1,400 plus 600. I mean…
我不是这么说的吗
Isn’t that what I said?
不是 白♥痴♥
No, moron.
你不是这么说的
It’s not what you said.
你偷我的钱
You’re stealing from me…
而且你连自己卖♥♥的是什么都不知道
and you don’t even know what it is you’re selling.
好吧
Okay.
我错了
I made a mistake.
好吗 给你 给你
OkayHere. Here.
都给你
Here.
听好了 这些都是文学瑰宝
Okay, they’re literary treasures.
独一无二、精雕细琢的俏皮话 好吗
One of a kind, carefully written witticisms, okay?
不只是一张纸
They’re not just a piece of paper.
是通往更美好时代 更美好世界的入口
It’s a portal into a better time
在那里人们依然表彰写得好的文字!
and a better place where people still actually honored the written word.
行了 我知道了
Okay! I get it.
知道了?
Yeah, do you get it?
你最好学着尊重你卖♥♥的东西
You better learn how to respect what it is you’re selling,
因为是我写的!
because it’s my writing!
这个嘛
Well…
怎么
What?
我是说
I mean…
你是在模仿别人
you’re impersonating other people
当然 模仿得很好
I mean, very well, I’m sure,
但是 别自欺欺人了
but come on.
没人会买♥♥李·伊斯雷尔的信
Nobody is buying Lee Israel letters.
你再敢偷我的钱 我他妈就弄死你
You steal from me again, and I’ll fucking kill you.
联邦调查局办公室通知:请小心 此人李·伊斯雷尔正在贩售可能存在的伪造文书
如果您有此人的任何信息 请联♥系♥马克·索拉纳斯 FBI敬上
这是你外婆的?
This was your grandmother’s?
在她行李箱里发现的 应该是真的
Found it in her suitcase. I assume it’s real.
你觉得是真的吗
Do you think it’s real?
看起来是真的
Looks that way.
那就好
Good.
但是最近有伪造文书出现
But there have been some forgeries going around,
所以我得先去鉴定
so I’m gonna have to get it authenticated
然后才能买♥♥ 如果可以的话
before I can purchase it, if that’s all right.
你把信带回来了吧
You brought it back, right?
拿不回来 我不知道该怎么办
I couldn’t. I didn’t know what to do.
你就把信留那儿了?
You left it there?
你个白♥痴♥
God, you idiot.
不准再叫我白♥痴♥
Stop calling me an idiot.
我会因此进监狱的
I’m gonna go to jail for this.
还是先自杀好了
I’m just gonna kill myself first.
你不能再卖♥♥了
And you can’t do this anymore.
李 拜托 我们不能就此罢手
Lee, come on. We can’t stop now.
所有人都高度戒备了
Well, everybody is on high alert.
我肯定是还不了那个蠢货的钱了
Well, everybody is on high alert.
或许你可以偷点真迹回来
Maybe you could steal more real ones
就像你一开始那样 然后我帮你卖♥♥
like you did at first, and I’ll sell them.
发现这些信纯粹是侥幸
Finding those letters was a complete fluke.
那真迹都去哪了?在谁那儿?
Well, where did the real ones goWho has those?
档案馆 博物馆
Archives and museums.
而且你得有证据证明是搞研究
And you have to have proof that you’re doing research.
他们不会随便放人进去的
They don’t just let anybody walk in.
你可以进档案馆 你是名作家
You can get into archives. You’re a famous writer.
你可以把信偷出来 原样复♥制♥
You can steal the letters, copy them…
把真的换成假的 再卖♥♥掉真的
replace them with your copies, sell the originals.
在我的神偷岁月里
In my sticky finger days…
我会挑自己想要的
I’d choose the thing that I wanted…
必须得装在盒子里的东西 比如牙膏
the things always had to come in boxes like toothpaste…
之后等没人注意的时候
and then when nobody is paying attention,
我就把牙膏从盒里拿出来
I’d take the toothpaste out of the box,
塞进兜里
slip it into my pocket,
再把用过的牙膏管装进盒子里
and replace it with a used tube.
如果有人起疑
If anyone was suspicious,
走回货架查看时 会发现什么都没少
they’d come back to the shelf and see nothing is missing.
双赢 亲爱的
Win-win, baby.
商店可没赢
Well, not the store.
什么意思
What do you mean?
你刚才讲的故事里 可不是双赢
Win-win doesn’t apply to the story you just told.
你总是那么扫兴
You always put a downer on everything, you know.
吃你的面条吧
Just eat your noodles.
她需要干净的水
She needs fresh water…
两种药各一粒 一日两次
and two pills twice a day.
你得把药拌进
And you gotta mash it up in the…
别闹
Knock it off.
然后拌在她的饭里 就像我教你的那样
You gotta mash it up in the food like I showed you.
我会的
I will.
不准翻我东西
No snooping.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!