根据真实故事改编
1991年
凌晨3点半
我发誓 她比我妈还老
I swear she’s older than my mom.
要我在她这年纪还干这活 不如杀了我
Fucking kill me if I’m still doing this at her age.
你要客气问我的话 现在就满足你
Kill you now if you ask me nicely.
你知道办公室不允许饮食的
You know we’re not allowed to eat or drink in here.
是啊
Yeah.
滚一边去
Oh, fuck off.
你说什么?
What did you say?
我说让你滚一边去
Uh, I believe I said, “Oh, fuck off.”
收拾东西走人
Pack up.
这份文件我还有很多没弄完呢
I’m almost finished with this document.
赶快
Now.
《I Thought of You Last Night》
– By Jeri Southern
I thought of you last night
I thought of you and thought of you
Until the morning light
And I couldn’t sleep and I couldn’t sleep
Last night
I wanted you last night
I wanted you and wanted you
And wished with all my might
That you’d come to me that you’d come to me last night
Oh darling my darling I can’t live without you
快来
Come on.
I’m lonely so lonely when you’re out of sight
你什么时候也学会挑食了?
Since when did you get picky?
I’ll wait for you tonight
I’ll wait for you and long to hold you tight
Bring your love to me, bring your love to me
Tonight
Oh darling my darling I can’t live without you
I’m lonely so lonely when you’re out of sight
真是个惊喜
Well, this is a surprise.
你邀请我来的 不是吗
You invited me, did you not?
你没回我啊
You didn’t reply.
还搞了个存衣处?
Coat check?
我办派对的时候 衣服都扔床上
At my party, we just threw the coats on the bed.
见到你很高兴 李
Good to see you, too, Lee.
你一直没回我电♥话♥ 我……
You never called me back, and I…
我有新点子了
I have new ideas.
你是为了这个才来的吗
Is this why you came?
是啊
Yeah.
很高兴你来了
Well, I’m glad you’re here.
玩得开心点
Try to have a good time.
我不同意有瓶颈期这么一说
I don’t subscribe to the notion of writer’s block.
你从没经历过吗
You never experience it?
瓶颈期这个词是某些写作群体发明
Writer’s block is a term invented by the writing community
用来为他们的懒惰找借口的
to justify their laziness.
我的成功完全归功于 我有决心和毅力
My success is nothing more than that I have the determination and stamina
坐在桌前完成作品
to sit and get the work done.
就这么简单
It’s simple.
傻♥逼♥
Jackass.
他特别反感
I mean, I find his distaste
线性故事结构 真可怕
for linear plot structure downright macabre.
这么快就走了?你吃东西了吗
Well, that was quick. Did you get properly fed?
这周你会回我电♥话♥吗
This week, will you return my call?
当然 等等看吧
Sure. We’ll see.
我最近在忙一些很棒的项目
I’m working on a lot of fascinating projects.
我只是想让自己的经纪人回电♥话♥
I just need my agent to call me back.
我觉得没人想再看一部范妮·布莱斯的传记 李
I don’t think the world is waiting for another Fanny Brice biography, Lee.
另外我们对“很棒”的定义可能也有不同看法
And we may disagree on what is considered fascinating.
晚安
Good night.
你干嘛把剩了小半卷的卫生纸塞进柜子?
Why do you have mostly-used toilet paper rolls in the cabinet in your bathroom?
让客人用满卷的才不失礼
So that the guests can have a full roll.
你有病吧 玛乔丽
Well, that’s batshit, Marjorie.
我把票♥据♥丢了 那边那件是我的大衣
I lost my ticket, but that’s my coat over there.
最边上那件
There on the end.
祝您愉快 女士
Have a good night, ma’am.
你能原谅我吗?
你会变成土豪的
You’ll be a very rich man.
几年之后再谈吧
We’ll talk about it in a few years.
我想现在就谈!
I want to talk about it now!
要考虑的事太多了 毕竟他们是表兄妹
There are lots of things to consider. After all, they are first cousins.
这很常见 我们的祖父母就是表兄妹
Well, that’s not unusual, our grandmother and grandfather were first cousins.
是的 瞧瞧我们
Yes, and look at us.
给你 泽西女孩儿
Here, Jersey girl.
我买♥♥了你最喜欢的虾
I brought your favorite. I brought you shrimpy.
吃吧 这可是你的最爱
Come on. It’s your favorite.
你还有欠款没付清 伊斯雷尔小姐
So, you still have a balance, Miss Israel.
是的 我知道
Yeah, I’m aware of that.
但是她又老又病
But she’s really sick and she’s very old.
很抱歉 但是医生告诉我
I’m sorry, but the doctor told me that
你至少得付清一半欠款我才能给它做检查
I need to have at least half the balance before I do any tests.
你们不是都立过希波克拉底誓言(医生保证遵守医生职业道德的誓言)的吗
Didn’t you people take a Hippocratic oath?
你还欠我们82美元
You owe us $82.
天呐 真是
God. Wow.
如果医生能出来的话 就会看到她的状况有多糟糕
You know, if she did come out here, she’d see this.
好吧 我有14美元
All right, I have $14.
很抱歉 但我无能为力
I’m sorry, but I can’t.
我们需要一半的欠款
No, we need half the balance.
我去 混♥蛋♥
God…Asshole.
行了 只要这些
Okay. Just these.
拜托 我可是大老远把这些书搬来的
Come on, man. I schlepped these all the way here.
我给你2美元
I’ll give you two dollars.
剩下的不要
I don’t want the others.
我又没跟你多要
I don’t even need that much.
只是不想再搬着这么多书跑来跑去了
I just don’t want to carry them around anymore.
我还有只生了病的猫
I got a sick cat, and I…
已经告诉你了 剩下的不要
I told you I don’t want the others.
后面的人还等着呢
There’s people waiting.
你也不用这么不尊重人吧
You know, you don’t have to be so disrespectful.
你们这里还卖♥♥我的书呢
Okay? You have actually carried my books here.
您是?
And you are?
李·伊斯雷尔
I’m Lee Israel
哟 伊斯雷尔小姐 您最新的大作在那边呢
Oh, Miss Israel. We have copies of your latest work right over there.
2.5折
你个粗鲁的猴子
You’re a rude little ape.
行了 把你这些垃圾从柜台上拿走
Okay, get your garbage off my counter.

No!
伊斯雷尔小姐
Miss Israel?
安德烈
Hi, Andrei.
房♥租已经欠了3个月了
It’s been three months.
我知道 对不起 我正在想办法解决
I know. I’m sorry. I’m working on it.
我不想通知管理部门
I don’t want to call the management.
能宽限几天吗
Can you just cut me a little slackI’m…
我最近有点困难 刚丢了工作
going through a rough patch, and I just lost my job.
因为年龄歧视
I think it was ageism.
你在这住的时间比我在这工作还久
You’ve been here longer than I have,
对我母亲也很好
and you’ve been kind to my mother.
尽快给我吧
Just get it to me soon.
会的 一定 谢谢你
I will. Absolutely. Thank you.
那 我赚钱的同时
Uh, hey, in the meantime,
你能找个除虫的人到我公♥寓♥来一下吗
do you think you could send an exterminator up to my apartment?
我这儿苍蝇泛滥成灾了
I have an untenable fly situation.
下午好 亲爱的
Good afternoon, darling.
嗨 杰克帅哥
Hey, Jack Handsome.
请给我一杯啤酒 可以吗
Can I have a beer, pretty please?
我也不知道 你说呢
I don’t know. Can you?
李·伊斯雷尔?
Lee Israel?
我是杰克·霍克
It’s Jack Hock.
上次见你 谢谢
Last time I saw you… Thank you.
还是在一个糟糕的读书派对上 我俩都气得不轻
We were both pleasantly pissed at some horrible book party.
没记错吧?
Am I right?
慢慢想起来了
It’s slowly flooding back to me.
你是那个叫朱莉亚啥啥的人的朋友
You’re friends with, um, Julia some…
斯坦伯格
Steinberg!
是的
Yeah.
她不当经纪人了 她死了
She’s not an agent anymore. She died.
死了?天呐 英年早逝啊
She did? Jesus, that’s young.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!