This has been very nice.
是的
It was.
交新朋友总是很开心的事
It’s always nice to make a new friend.
确实
Indeed.
再联♥系♥?
Speak soon?
等我看你作品的时候会告诉你
When I read your story, I’ll let you know.
最近比较忙
I’m pretty busy these days,
所以我也不确定能不能马上就开始看 不过
so I don’t know if I’ll get to it right away, but…
没关系
That’s okay.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
亲爱的李 请手下留情 安娜
亲爱的男孩 我们的谈话非常愉快
My dear boy, I enjoyed our talk tremendously
这篇文章也丝毫没有令我不快
and was not the least bit upset about the article.
早在好几年前
My professional demise
就有人幸灾乐祸地预言 我的职业生涯将不复存在
has been gleefully predicted for years,
即使我的精神早已大不如前
but nonetheless, I await the return of your ruby-red lips to Blue Harbor
仍盼望你酒红色的双唇回归蓝色港湾
in the event my spirit should falter
你非常期待的
Yours and very much anticipating,
诺埃尔
Noël
这封信很不寻常
This is quite something.
我也这么觉得
I thought so, too.
我可能已经找到买♥♥家了
Well, as you know, I think I already have a buyer for it.
你一走我就给他打电♥话♥
I’m gonna call him as soon as you leave.
我把玛琳·黛德丽那封信寄到洛杉矶去了
I sent the Marlene Dietrich to Los Angeles.
那里有个收藏家要买♥♥
I got a request from a collector out there.
很好啊
Wonderful.
你们还这么做吗 卖♥♥给其他收藏家?
You guys do thatYou sell to other collectors?
当然了
Oh, yeah.
业内有一整套交易过程 绝大部分流程我并不参与
There’s a whole world of wheeling and dealing… most of which I don’t partake in.
整个过程中有很多不同的角色
There are a lot of characters in this line of work.
有那么一阵 我们还搞到了希♥特♥勒♥日记
Hey, for a while there, we had The Hitler Diaries.
还记得吗
Remember that?
那个罪犯
Criminal.
是的 不过并不是人人都热衷于此
Yeah. Not everyone gets into this
因为他们尊重才华和历史
because they respect talent and history…
如果你明白我说的话
if you know what I mean.
明白
Yep.
李?
Lee?
你真的该换换浴帘了
You really should replace the shower curtain, Lee.
你想跟我聊装♥修♥?
You wanna discuss decorating with me?
被谁打的?
Who beat you up?
是我的错
It’s my own fault.
我钱不够
I didn’t have enough money,
而且是后来才发现的
and I didn’t know until after, and…
结果太晚了
Until it was too late.
我都懒得费脑子去想
I’m not even going to try to understand that.
之前很多次我都能蒙混过关
I used to get away with so much.
你觉得会留疤吗
Do you think it’ll scar?
我找不到钥匙了
I couldn’t find my keys,
进不了家门
I couldn’t get into my apartment.
怎么
What?
你说的公♥寓♥在哪
And where is said apartment?
一开始在92街
It was on Ninety-Second…
后来搬到96街
then it was on Ninety-Sixth.

You…
可以睡沙发
You can sleep on my couch.
谢谢
Thank you.
要点餐吗
Are you ready to order?
我要一个汉堡 半熟的 加洋葱
Uh, yeah, I’ll have a burger, rare, with onions.
跟她一样 谢谢
I’ll have the same, thanks.
你说过想吃牛排的 点吧
You said you wanted a steak. Get a steak.
你确定?
You sure?
他要牛排
He’s gonna have the steak.
你怎么不要牛排呢
‘Cause we came here to get you a steak.
因为我们来是要给你点牛排的
‘Cause we came here to get you a steak.
谢谢
Thank you.
侧腹横肌还是T骨?
Skirt or T-bone?
T骨牛排 三分熟
He’s gonna have the T-bone, medium-rare,
吃完再点
and we’ll have another round.
你一直以来都是怎么活下来的?
How’ve you gotten by as long as you have?
别小看了闪闪发亮的蓝眼睛
Do not underestimate sparkly blue eyes…
再加上点街头智慧
and a little bit of street smarts.
在本地 这些东西大有帮助
They go a long way in this city.
尽管最近我可能已经超越极限了
Although I may have stretched my limits recently.
但你原本想成为什么样的人呢
Yeah, but who did you wanna be?
有具体打算吗
I mean, what was the actual plan?
我真的不知道该说什么
I honestly don’t know what to say.
本以为能自己逐渐想明白的
I imagined I’d figure it out as I went along,
绝大部分我也都想明白了
and for the most part, I have.
我已经没什么遗憾了
I certainly have no regrets.
不可能
That can’t be true.
你是想问 为什么我没什么特殊技能 就像你仿造信件一样?
You mean, why don’t I have some brilliant talent for copying like you do?
你认为我就干这个?
Is that what you think I’m doing?
你觉得我就是简单仿造?
You think I’m copying?
我会让你知道 我比多萝西·帕克本人还逼真
I’ll have you know, I’m a better Dorothy Parker than Dorothy Parker.
我要为这个干一杯 干杯
Oh, I’ll drink to that. Cheers.
把脚从沙发上拿下来
Get your feet off the couch.
认真的吗
Really?
看看这破沙发
Look at it.
这里可不是廉价旅馆
This is not a flophouse.
吃吧
There you go.
这个上了年纪的毛团到底多大了?
How old is that old hairball anyway?
12岁
She’s 12.
真够老的了 换成猫龄不知道要多大了
That is fucking old. What’s that in cat years?
我是阿马达书店的保罗
This is Paul from Armada Books.
伊斯雷尔小姐 我想知道明天你有没有空过来一趟?
Ms. Israel, I was wondering if you could come in tomorrow?
关于我最近买♥♥的考沃德的信 有几个问题想问一下
I have a couple of questions regarding the last Coward letter I purchased.
请尽快过来或者给我打电♥话♥
Please come in or call as soon as you can.
这很重要
It’s important.
谢谢 谢谢你带过来
Thank you. Thank you for bringing it in.
嗨 李
Hi, Lee.
有什么问题?
What seems to be the problem?
你知道的 我有个客户认识诺埃尔·考沃德
You know I’ve got that client who knew Noël Coward.
他说
And he said that…
考沃德先生不可能像信里那么直白地
Mr. Coward would never have been as explicit as he was
谈他的性取向
regarding his orientation.
那时候同性恋还是违法的
It was illegal in those days, and…
无论如何 很明显这封信是假的
Anyway, apparently, the letter is a fake.
我太震惊了
I’m shocked.
我叔叔会被吓着的
I mean, my uncle would be appalled.
是你的表亲吧?
You mean, your cousin?
是的
Yes.
他对我一直像叔叔那样慈爱 所以才这么叫
My cousin has always been very avuncular toward me. So.
我还接到了一个洛杉矶打来的电♥话♥ 李
I also got a call from Los Angeles, Lee.
看起来 你的一封信在那儿的一个会议上
It seems one of your letters was quite the controversy
引起了很大争议
at a convention out there.
我也不想这么说 但是你的名字已经在名单上了
I hate to say it, but your name’s been put on a list.
名单?
On a list?
人们会提防你
People are on alert.
就这样
That’s all.
他们不会再买♥♥你的东西了
They won’t buy from you anymore.
有人吗
Hello?
阿伦
Alan?
看来你收到我的语♥音♥信息了
You got my messages.
谢谢你过来
Thanks for coming.
我带来了几封刚发现的福克纳的信
I brought some wonderful Faulkners that I unearthed.
我打电♥话♥不是为了这个
Not why I called.
听着 FBI到这来找我了
Listen, the FBI has been in here to see me.
The FBI?
FBI?
他们想让我戴窃听器
They asked me to wear a wire.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!